Wrestlezone Tournament Draw LD

I'll be putting my backing behind Mike Awesome, no doubt. One of the best big men to ever wrestle, and twice as agile and quick as any other "fast" SHW like Vader and Bam Bam. Dude could have been fucking HUGE if WCW hadn't completely and utterly buried him and ruined his entire career.

Awesome might hang in there for awhile.

The "He beat so and so and so!" kayfabe argument means jackshit to me. And I'm not really sure how a victory over the Big Bossman counts as impressive. Traylor spent the majority of his career jobbing.

I like Rude quite a bit, but I like Mike Awesome a whole lot more. Save the "But he beat dis guy and dat guy and dis guy!" argument for someone who cares. If everyone voted on that criteria, shit, just close the tournament now, hand the title to Hulk Hogan, and we're done here.

I'd be more prone to agree had Awesome done something in WCW. Sure, he was fantastic, but once he entered WCW, he was flat out shit. He was great in Japan for FMW, great on the dying bed of ECW, and then faded into oblivion. Rude, on the other hand, was typically at the upper portion of the card, no matter where he went. Had he not suffered his tragic injury, he could have been the best heel in wrestling, and that is no joke. He has a World Title win to his resume in WCW, and that catapults him over Awesome, in my mind.

Does that mean Rude ends up in the same region as all the fat guys?

Great promo material right there.

I'm waiting for Big Show/Andre vs Vader/Yoko round 1 in a tag team match. That seems to be where this is heading.

EDIT: Piper vs Storm is a step up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back