• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleZone Tournament Bar Room Sidetalk Thread

GVUASOn.gif

I'd still vote Ambrose.

Is the first round over?

I hope so. My argument the next round will be quoting people who say "You need to separate real life from the performer" and the accusations of who Kane has killed.

Kane could lose. He probably shouldn't lose to Ambrose but between what he has become and his clear ceiling in this tournament, it makes it more fun if he loses. Vote Ambrose.

or Kofi.

Dean Ambrose will be a nice easy win for Kane, easier than Benoit would have been.

If Ambrose can beat Benoit, he can beat Kane. And, as Lee said, Kane's kayfabe past is going to play huge in a lot of arguments.

I also plan to use the new argument from the Owens thread, where what a guy will do, matters more than what they have done. I'm looking specifically at Ambrose/Kane, Angle/Owens, Funk/Hardy, Styles/Warrior...

If Ambrose can beat Benoit, he can beat Kane. And, as Lee said, Kane's kayfabe past is going to play huge in a lot of arguments.

I also plan to use the new argument from the Owens thread, where what a guy will do, matters more than what they have done. I'm looking specifically at Ambrose/Kane, Angle/Owens, Funk/Hardy, Styles/Warrior...

If Angle loses because he bores people I will have lost hope.

I don't think the role of forecasting in this tournament should be completely disregarded.

On a more serious note, Kane has always sucked.

The argument that won Owens the match with Goldust was about all he will accomplish. And, clearly, everything he's going to accomplish will top anything Angle ever did. I mean, Owens is bound for the hall of fame, and Angle will never get there, based on being the top guy in TNA...right?

I think that's how the argument will go, anyway.

Not that I read a lick of what happened in that thread, but Owens over anything Dustin's ever done doesn't feel like a controversial choice. And I love Dustin.

The argument that won Owens the match with Goldust was about all he will accomplish. And, clearly, everything he's going to accomplish will top anything Angle ever did. I mean, Owens is bound for the hall of fame, and Angle will never get there, based on being the top guy in TNA...right?

I think that's how the argument will go, anyway.

I put Owens to go through in my bracket but was mainly due to his popularity and people not really think that much of Goldust. I'm one of them people that isn't a fan of Goldust but I can definitely see the argument for him. I was also really considering putting Finn balor through over Orton just based on how Finn is the flavor of the month (year). Thankfully my suspicions were incorrect.

I put Owens to go through in my bracket but was mainly due to his popularity and people not really think that much of Goldust. I'm one of them people that isn't a fan of Goldust but I can definitely see the argument for him. I was also really considering putting Finn balor through over Orton just based on how Finn is the flavor of the month (year). Thankfully my suspicions were incorrect.

I predicted he'd win too, basically for the same reasons. Doesn't make any sense to me though :shrug:

The argument that won Owens the match with Goldust was about all he will accomplish.

Posts that mention Owens's would-be future accomplishments: 3

Posts that mention how Owens beat a household name and Goldust didn't: 7

I don't think it's all that upsetting for Goldust to lose. Either way Kurt has their number.

Posts that mention Owens's would-be future accomplishments: 3

Posts that mention how Owens beat a household name and Goldust didn't: 7

The mentions of Owens win over Cena are ludicrous in their own right, considering he lost everything for a long while after that, until his recent resurgence...which is leading him into a bullshit clusterfuck mess at WrestleMania...that involves Zack Ryder.

And 3 seems awfully low, but I'll take you're word for it. That's still 3 too many.

In what world is Kurt Angle boring? If someone uses that argument, I'm sure we as an intelligent community could come up with a list of about 20 matches that are irrefutably exciting.

The mentions of Owens win over Cena are ludicrous in their own right, considering he lost everything for a long while after that, until his recent resurgence...which is leading him into a bullshit clusterfuck mess at WrestleMania...that involves Zack Ryder.

And 3 seems awfully low, but I'll take you're word for it. That's still 3 too many.

Goldust wasn't exactly a trail blazer in his prime either NSL.

And that clusterfuck is better booked than the prerecorded molestation that was Goldust vs. Roddy Piper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back