Wrestlemania XXXII

This show would've been awesome if these things happened - Reigns turn heel. Ambrose beats Lesnar. Bullet Club debuts and costs Taker. Shane gets control. New Day, Styles, and Sasha wins. Owens beats Zayn in a one-on-one match. The US Title gets the ladder match. Wyatts get an actual match.

Nope. It's just the same old, same old stuff every single week.

I think Navi mentioned earlier that Shane kind of stole Ambrose's thunder which is pretty true and even more reason why Dean should have won.

Ambrose got toss around and defeated in a solid, but underwhelming match. Shane practically killed himself in a spectacle and lost. If Shane is going to out-hardcore/out-crazy Dean, at least allow Ambrose say "I beat Brock Lesnar" and look better by comparison.

Can't believe there were people who legit believed Ambrose had a chance to win against Brock Lesnar. It was always a foregone conclusion that he was going to lose regardless of what he did.

I have yet to see a single Roman Reigns tee shirt. I see plenty of John Cena shirts, worn by people of all ages, so despite the mixed reactions he gets he sells lots of shirts. I can't say the same for Roman... unless you've got some hidden marketing figures I haven't seen.

I do, we'll not hidden but he isn't even top three. Both Cena and Ambrose sell more

Meh, just remembered we're probably going to see Reigns vs HHH on the next PPV in a rematch. :disappointed:

Hopefully they move on without doing that shit.

I really enjoyed this show, and yes I'm including the main event. I agree some of the decision making was puzzling to say the least but not so much as to ruin it for me. Looking forward to Raw tomorrow.

Is this what I've been lacking this whole time? Reigns isn't a garbage character with no motivation, no emotional connection to his audience, whose entire gimmick is "I'm strong, rawr"? All this time, I just had to deal with it?

Thanks man, changed my life.

Anytime bro

Can't believe there were people who legit believed Ambrose had a chance to win against Brock Lesnar. It was always a foregone conclusion that he was going to lose regardless of what he did.
But he didn't even look ultraresilient or ultraviolent. He was dominated, didn't come close to winning and went down like any random guy. I'd say Dean's worse off for having this match.

So I watched the show, but wasn't posting here because I had some friends over to watch with me. A few thoughts:

There was no reason for AJ Styles and Sasha/Becky to lose. I was okay with everything else.

Baron Corbin winning the ARMBAR was the best choice out of the entrants.

Zack Ryder is almost assuredly losing his belt tomorrow.

I marked huge for Cena.

I expected Brock and Dean to bleed profusely. Was shocked they didn't.

It's funny to me that Kalisto was on the pre-pre show and Sin Hunico was on the main show.

Oh yeah. Just enjoy the show. The hell with Ambrose. The hell with Styles. The hell with Owens.

They're not Samoan and they don't have the look, so SCREW THEM.

Could WWE for once push someone who is actually over with the fans instead of Vince?

I know I'm ranting, but I don't care. This was an awful show with an even worse main event.

Just because it was expected doesn't mean that it was good. Dean pulling off the miracle upset would have been an incredible moment and a refreshing change of pace. He's been in dire need of that one huge win he's for months. This was the PERFECT place to do that.

But no, sticking with "Well, Brock wins because he's invincible, duh" AGAIN is more interesting to WWE I guess.

The weird thing is I thought they were trying to create a redemption arc with Reigns recapturing the title at Mania after losing it at the Rumble but they didn't even emphasis that in the build up.

The fuck up was even worse when they made it 1 versus all in the rumble, as if he wasn't hated enough.

Roman redeemed himself after winning the title from Sheamus. He had the crowd behind him. Roman should have dominated the Rumble, won, and then had a feud with Trips with the Authority doing everything it possibly could to slow Roman down but failing miserably. Not this underdog shit.

Looking forward, I think it's clear the reason Jericho won, and the reason Brock won so emphatically is that, if they're going to push Reigns as champion, they need main event level heels on top, so a feud with Jericho over the next few months into probably beating Brock at SummerSlam is the clear pathway.

So, I guess that'll be fun.

Just because it was expected doesn't mean that it was good. Dean pulling off the miracle upset would have been an incredible moment and a refreshing change of pace. He's been in dire need of that one huge win he's for months. This was the PERFECT place to do that.

But no, sticking with "Well, Brock wins because he's invincible, duh" AGAIN is more interesting to WWE I guess.

The Ambrose match was decent but it just wasn't enough. Ambrose was going toe to toe with Lesnar in a nice back and forth competitive bout and it just ended way too quickly.

Roman redeemed himself after winning the title from Sheamus. He had the crowd behind him. Roman should have dominated the Rumble, won, and then had a feud with Trips with the Authority doing everything it possibly could to slow Roman down but failing miserably. Not this underdog shit.

Umaga: The Samoan Bulldog
Roman Reigns: The Samoan Underdog

Crap, we need to get Umaga out there, stat!

But he didn't even look ultraresilient or ultraviolent. He was dominated, didn't come close to winning and went down like any random guy. I'd say Dean's worse off for having this match.

That's another matter altogether in comparison to "Dean should have beaten Brock".

At the end of the day, there were loads of surprising booking decisions on the show, and I still reiterate that Vince was saying "F-U to the hardcore fanbase" morethananything.

Pretty much what they should have done indeed.

The Ambrose match was decent but it just wasn't enough. Ambrose was going toe to toe with Lesnar in a nice back and forth competitive bout and it just ended way too quickly.

That, and Ambrose really didn't get to showcase his crazy resiliency that he'd been talking up for weeks. Brock just kind of beat him without being any more brutal than he is with everyone else.

If Brock turned up Beast Mode up to about 12 and massacred Dean to the point of being uncomfortable to watch and Dean STILL kept kicking out and asking for more and then lost, I'd probably feel better about the match since it would've stuck to the story and theme better.

Na, I don't see Dean as the one to slay the Beast. He merely had to be booked to tell an underdog story like Roman did last year. Sadly, they didn't really go all out on that and it kind of fell flat because of it.

That, and Ambrose really didn't get to showcase his crazy resiliency that he'd been talking up for weeks. Brock just kind of beat him without being any more brutal than he is with everyone else.

If Brock turned up Beast Mode up to about 12 and massacred Dean to the point of being uncomfortable to watch and Dean STILL kept kicking out and asking for more and then lost, I'd probably feel better about the match since it would've stuck to the story and theme better.

Pretty much this. Too bad they half-arsed it. No worries tho, I expect a huge pop for Ambrose as usual.

Also, was Baron Corbin announced for the battle royal beforehand? That was a total surprise to me. Even more so when he won, which was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back