• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It *LOOKS* Like It *MIGHT* Be On At Long Last

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to Dave Meltzer, there's a likelihood of Taker vs. Cena finally taking place at WrestleMania XXXII. As WrestleMania is still quite a ways off, plans could change if these are indeed the actual plans in the first place. On one hand, this will still be a highly anticipated match since we haven't seen these two wrestle against each other in well more than 10 years. On the other, this would've been a huge money match if the streak remained in tact. That's not to say that it won't draw big, but the streak being firmly in place gives a simple, easy to follow, logical storyline in which Cena tries to climb the one mountain he, nor anyone else for that matter, hasn't climbed. Have we seen it before? Sure, but it's no less compelling because of it's logical simplicity; after all, what does a man do when there's nothing left for him to accomplish except one thing? The answer is that he goes after that one thing, that one final challenge.

There's still all kinds of potential for this match to be highly entertaining, though the stakes of the streak being on the line would've put it over the top.

I think that the streak not mattering makes this match more important. I also think that it has to be a retirement match with cena retiring undertaker.

Won't say I called it, but I called it. Well, it hasn't happened yet, but if it does than I called it...

Really though, I don't know if this had been the plan back when I made my thread on this topic or if this match arose due to all the current injury problems, but it's a smart way to go for WWE. If you're not going to give the people Taker/Sting, the next best thing we can get is the dream match of Taker/Cena and it will draw a ton of eyes to Wrestlemania.

As for the Streak, yeah it would have made things more exciting, but it's almost as if it still exists to be honest. Lesnar's the "1", so will they ever let anyone beat Taker again? That's one of the strorylines I'd be thinking about were this match to go down. The obvious choice would be Cena, but whether they ever let Taker lose at Mania again remains to be seen.

I said for months now that it had to be either Sting or John Cena to take on Taker. With Cena getting the nod, I'm happy.

With the streak gone, there's a higher chance that Cena wins (then again they wasted the streak break on a part timer that didn't need the rub), which makes the match a little more exciting. They can keep Cena out of the title picture as a Taker Mania match doesn't need the title to be "one of the main events" (I know some people hate the idea of multiple MEs, but Wrestlemania is one that always has multiples).

They could try to turn Cena Heel, but I think it works fine as a respect based face to face, we can even see Taker pull out some of Cena's Darkside, without him actually going heel.

We'll have to see that Cena + Taker both stay healthy, and if they decide to steer the World title towards it.

Completely irrelevant. They wasted The Streak on a part-timer who wrestles barely more than Undertaker does and whose prime was 12 years ago. Undertaker has spent the latter half of this year being effortlessly slapped around by Brock Lesnar. With Undertaker's entire career invalidated and flushed down the toilet to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego, there's absolutely no point to him having more matches. He should not be seen or heard from again until he's inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, hopefully by then some of the shit heaped on Undertaker will have washed off.

I still think the bigger match and the match I would much prefer to see if Sting vs Taker, Was so looking forward to finally seeing this dream match predicted at this years Wrestlemania which never happened, Then again at this years Summerslam which never happened again.
Any other day Taker vs Cena would be a great match but if Sting vs Taker never happened again this coming year any other Taker matches instead would just be disapointing.

Finally, one of my all-time dream matches is about to come true. There is no better place than a stadium filled with 105.000+ people. Because if that match happens, then the sell out will happen.

Seriously this match, in terms of hype and drawing power, is in the same level as Rock vs Cena, Austin vs Rock, Rock vs Hogan and Hogan vs Andre. The face of the WWE colliding with a legend of the wrestling bussiness.

Had the streak was not broken, then I believe that this match would be a much bigger deal, but I think it's better that way. Cena breaking the streak wouldn't feel right, so now he can beat Taker without the 'E receiving all the negative backlash. Actually, this one seems like the most unpredictable match Taker will ever have at Wrestlemania. The chances for each man to win are 50-50.

I don't really care who wins though. Cena has already reach a legendary status. Winning and losing won't hurt his drawing ability any more. Summerslam 2014 is proof of that. Taker's a legend as well. I would like to see Taker getting the win, so that Lesnar can stay as the only wrestler to ever beat Undertaker, until he gives a young star the rub at least. But, I wouldn't mind if Cena were to win, since he's the one sticking around for more years.

I also believe that this match is a much bigger draw that Sting vs Undertaker. Why? Because Cena is a much bigger name than Sting, when it comes to accomplishments and drawing power. Sting vs Undertaker would be huge back in 1999. Right now, it's just a dream match between two icons, but not as much of a draw. That's my opinion at least.

I wanted to see that match ever since 2010, I'm happy that it might be happening at Wrestlemania 32, in front of the biggest crowd ever.

I would only have cared about this match if Taker still had his streak because Cena is one of the guys WWE would have picked to end the streak. Right now if Cena vs. Taker were to happen it would just be another match.

Heck I think that's how I felt with his match with Bray Wyatt at WM31, there was no streak to defend so I couldn't get invested in their program. Don't get me wrong the match was good but I kind of feel that Taker's appearance at WM doesn't feel as special anymore.

Speaking as someone who is going to Wrestlemania I have got to say that this makes me want to puke. Ugh, I really hope they don't waste Undertaker on a Cena match. If there's any justice this won't happen. I'm praying it doesn't.

Completely irrelevant. They wasted The Streak on a part-timer who wrestles barely more than Undertaker does and whose prime was 12 years ago. Undertaker has spent the latter half of this year being effortlessly slapped around by Brock Lesnar. With Undertaker's entire career invalidated and flushed down the toilet to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego, there's absolutely no point to him having more matches. He should not be seen or heard from again until he's inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, hopefully by then some of the shit heaped on Undertaker will have washed off.

Is there anything you do besides complain and whine about how 1 match in a 25-year career in some weird way changed the entire career of the Undertaker?

Are you in love with the guy or something? Is he your father or are you just one of those creeps with 28 posters of him all over your room sleeping with a doll of his?

They had the guy lose 1 match and you're the only person on these entire boards who thinks that 1 loss somehow makes his entire career a joke.

Get a grip, man.

Anyways, as for my personal opinion... on the surface I am not overly excited by this... would have to take some great build up to make it "meaningful" and not just a legend vs. legend card-filler type of match...

I also don't see any way Taker loses if it becomes clear it's his last match ever, mainly because Cena has no problem laying down and taking a "L" and I feel like he would almost request it here so Undertaker goes out with a WrestleMania win.

With all that said, barring a surprise return of a superstar, what other options are really there for Undertaker? Lesnar clearly isn't happening again. He's not in the title picture, so whomever they slap the belt on Sunday is a no go. Rollins may not even be able to wrestle, so that's a no go. Wyatt rematch isn't happening. I don't think they want to do Sting simply because pitting 2 old guys one on one could lead to a pretty poor showing, especially when they both have had serious injury issues somewhat recently.

So, who is left that would make for a good match? Kane? Big Show?

I think Sting vs The Undertaker will be much better than John Cena vs The Undertaker....
Although i have lost all interest in The Undertaker after his feud with Brock Lesnar; Yet either of the two matches would do it for me!

Had the Streak still been in existence, then I'd say this match at Mania 32 would have been of great interest to Hardcore and Casual fans alike all around the world. However, with the Streak gone, I can guess that this match would probably be a Retirement-type match and whilst still huge in itself, I have to opine that WWE 'left money on the table' with this one.

Thus, IF the Undertaker vs Sting is still possible, even though that also has the "What If?" tag on it, I feel it would be a great way to still get eyes on it moreso that Taker vs Cena at this point.

meh, imagine, Brock vs Rock, Taker vs Cena with the Streak, SHIELD 3-Way for the WWE WHC being the 3 Main bouts of Mania 32. That would have been EPIC!

It makes more sense now than when The Streak was still alive. Cena's character is not one that craves breaking The Streak of a 40 something year old man whose best days are clearly behind him. With The Streak gone now it seems more appropriate for this "legendary" battle. All I ask is that WWE puts some story behind it and not just a bunch of staredowns, absences, respect speeches, and vingettes. There is no reason that these guys can't hate each other and want to kill each other. Play some mind games and take some cheap shots.

I don't know what to think of this rumor or the Mania card in general. Tickets went on sale and we still don't have a sniff of what the draw will be. I would have thought that Vince would have revealed soemthing big by now so that when tickets went on sale casuals would have been all over it. Right now the biggest draw to the event is the size of the venue.

Whether for good or for bad, I can agree with those who feel anything Undertaker now does is compromised because the Streak is a thing of the past. So, who in the world could he face that would make us care, now that guys like Brock Lesnar and Triple H have been done & dusted?

Two choices: Sting, just for the spectacle and nostalgia. Despite their respective ages, I think the two could put on a hell of a match. At any rate, it would sell simply because of who they are and the fact they haven't fought before (at least in WWE). Plus, if it doesn't happen soon, it never will.

Choice #2 is John Cena.....but an evil as sin John Cena. He'd be so friggin' dastardly that even the Cena-haters would have a hard time cutting him down.....although their presumed reason for hating him is that his character never changes......which would no longer apply.

Make Undertaker-Cena a retirement match (and have it stick). Make it brutal, a match in which we truly believe 'Taker might pull out the win, despite the unlikelihood. Have Cena retire the old man and start a reign of terror that lasts all of 2016.

If either of them goes into the match as a heel, that would be an asinine idea. The money draw for this match purely depends upon the storyline. For some matches, for instance, Brock vs Taker or Brock vs Cena that had happened in the past didn't need big buildup to draw Money or the crowd but in this case, contrary to that, even when two big names are colliding in the biggest event, the storyline should be strong.

Cheers!!

Is there anything you do besides complain and whine about how 1 match in a 25-year career in some weird way changed the entire career of the Undertaker?

Are you in love with the guy or something? Is he your father or are you just one of those creeps with 28 posters of him all over your room sleeping with a doll of his?

They had the guy lose 1 match and you're the only person on these entire boards who thinks that 1 loss somehow makes his entire career a joke.

Get a grip, man.

No, they had Undertaker lose EVERY match with Brock Lesnar, you fucking idiot. And don't give me that "He won at SummerSlam" bullshit. He LOST. The ending of SummerSlam made Undertaker look even more pathetic and Lesnar look even more invincible.

I don't care.

It pains me a little to say that, but with the streak over, it really doesn't matter who the Undertaker faces, unless it is someone like Sting in a WWE legend vs WCW legend deal.

Taker vs Cena? Sure. Go for it. Have Taker win. Does it hurt Cena? Nope. Have Cena win. Does it hurt Taker? Nope. I'd care a bit more if they make it a retirement match for Taker, at least that way I can be emotionally invested to see a legendary career come to an end. Any other way, I don't see Taker losing again, but it wouldn't really matter if he did.

I do see the appeal for the match though, and can't fault anyone for wanting to see it happen. These are two made men who have been huge figures in the company for a combined 30+ years. If they want to go out there and put on a show, who is gonna tell them no?

No, they had Undertaker lose EVERY match with Brock Lesnar, you fucking idiot. And don't give me that "He won at SummerSlam" bullshit. He LOST. The ending of SummerSlam made Undertaker look even more pathetic and Lesnar look even more invincible.

Real classy. Clearly you have an abundance of mental issues. Your fanboy worship of the Undertaker is really scary... I'd suggest getting off this site, but afraid you'll just stalk him.

Get a life, tool.

This match doesn't interest me at all. Didn't interest me 5 years ago, doesn't today. Cena isn't some rookie or guy who needs a rub anymore so why are they constantly putting him into these high-profile types of matches? It is no-win because no one really cares who wins the match - Taker wins but the streak is already broken so who cares and if Cena wins, the steak was already broken and Cena has to one-up or at least match Lesnar so who cares?

Real classy. Clearly you have an abundance of mental issues. Your fanboy worship of the Undertaker is really scary... I'd suggest getting off this site, but afraid you'll just stalk him.

Get a life, tool.

You don't understand the difference between "one" and "four". That makes you a fucking idiot.

You don't understand the difference between "one" and "four". That makes you a fucking idiot.

You're the one who keeps specifically referring to the 1 match at WrestleMania and whining and crying about it as though Undertaker is your father... or lover...

I am only replying to the crap that spews from your fingertips every time you choose to make a fool out of yourself on here and show us your unhealthy obsession with a pro wrestler.

But please, keep typing insane things. It's hilarious.

You're the one who keeps specifically referring to the 1 match at WrestleMania and whining and crying about it as though Undertaker is your father... or lover...

I am only replying to the crap that spews from your fingertips every time you choose to make a fool out of yourself on here and show us your unhealthy obsession with a pro wrestler.

But please, keep typing insane things. It's hilarious.

If it doesn't upset you that a 25 year career of a wrestler who should have been one of the best of all time was flushed down the toilet to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego, you're not a wrestling fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back