• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

It Looks Like Mauro Ranallo Might Be Gone From WWE

Yeah but did he or didn't take a shot at jbl because he didn't make the list? Plus if he got upset over a comment that JBL made on a network show, then he really doesn't know how wrestling works. JBL was in character during that show and it was just a script that he was doing.

If this is really how this whole mess got started, I really can't see how mauro can blame jbl for doing his job and picking on him.

Also love how jbl is taking the high road on this one and mauro is continuing to pick on JBL so I much as I respect both men, I wish they would stop to act like babies and made up instead.

No he didn't take a shot at JBL for not making the top ten I have no idea where you think he did that? Plus I don't see the other commentators making a big fuss over it, just JBL got upset.

Yes it wasn't a WWE award, but there is nothing wrong with being proud of yourself that your work is recognized and appreciated by others. JBL took that moment away from him just because he could, that's what I have a problem with. When colleagues I work with win awards or get praised they are congratulated, simple reason is because I am happy that they did something and get noticed for it. No one I know would go on social media to trash them for it, that is immaturity at it's worst.

Doesn't matter whether he is in character or not, JBL was the only one to say something negative about it, that shows he was either jealous or pissed that Mauro is seen as better than him. Very sad that a man his age still possesses that trait and hasn't grown out of it.

No he didn't take a shot at JBL for not making the top ten I have no idea where you think he did that? Plus I don't see the other commentators making a big fuss over it, just JBL got upset.

Yes it wasn't a WWE award, but there is nothing wrong with being proud of yourself that your work is recognized and appreciated by others. JBL took that moment away from him just because he could, that's what I have a problem with. When colleagues I work with win awards or get praised they are congratulated, simple reason is because I am happy that they did something and get noticed for it. No one I know would go on social media to trash them for it, that is immaturity at it's worst.

Doesn't matter whether he is in character or not, JBL was the only one to say something negative about it, that shows he was either jealous or pissed that Mauro is seen as better than him. Very sad that a man his age still possesses that trait and hasn't grown out of it.

But if mauro decided to sue them for this, it will matter because the can play on the fact that it was a scripted show and the character of jbl was sayig those thing not the man. That's make a lot of difference.

But if mauro decided to sue them for this, it will matter because the can play on the fact that it was a scripted show and the character of jbl was sayig those thing not the man. That's make a lot of difference.
You seem to forget that JBL has done this OUTSIDE of kayfabe in the past, right. Also, in case you have forgotten, WWE is now a PUBLIC company. What you can get away with as a private concern is a lot different than if you are Publlic. This baby grew legs, and if Mauro decides to push it, it will cause a shitstorm for VKM that could have people like Jon de Mol either heading for the exits, helping to crater a share price, or lead a proxy fight that COULD force VKM out. This has gotten ugly, and will continue on that pattern.

But he wasn't though was he. You fought a good fight. You're starting to make yourself look stupid now. Give up.

I was listening to a podcast today and when they talk about this subject, i kinda realise that as a society, where all a bunch of hypocrite. Where all up and arm about this situation with Mauro and JBL. We're going on and on about being against bullying, yet when a normal person gets bullied, where are we to be outrage by it. When Byron saxton gets bullied on TV every week by corey graves, we're are we to denounce it. We don't talk about it because it's part of the show. When J.R was getting humiliated on a regular bases on t.v, we don'T talk about it because it'S part of the show but when JBL does it on air to mauro, now we talk about it because what, the guys has health issues.

I'm talking from the perspective of somebody that was bullied as a teenager here, it's never a great feelings to get bullied but at the same time it'S even worst when nobody cares that you gets bullied. They're a problem in are culture right now where we as peoples see some normal person get bullied and we do nothing but when an handicap person get bullied now we get all angry about it. This is normal behavior for most peoples right now and we don'T believe that a bully can change and we judge him by the actions he'S done in the past which is even worst then the original action itself because now we became the one thing that we are suppose to be against and that's bullies. This is a vicious circle that will never end, that's why i wrote all these reply's in the first place, because i didn't want to become a bully. I think that what happens to mauro was terrible, but i'm not going to threat him differently then any others guy or girls that got bullied before him just because he has a mental illness just like i'm not going to put the blame on JBL based on what he did in the past, that would just make me a bully and that's not the kind of person that i am.

I really hope that someday, there will be change to this culture and we has a society found way to end the bullying but until stop picking and choosing which cause outrage us and which doesn't, nothing is going to change.

I was listening to a podcast today and when they talk about this subject, i kinda realise that as a society, where all a bunch of hypocrite. Where all up and arm about this situation with Mauro and JBL. We're going on and on about being against bullying, yet when a normal person gets bullied, where are we to be outrage by it. When Byron saxton gets bullied on TV every week by corey graves, we're are we to denounce it. We don't talk about it because it's part of the show. When J.R was getting humiliated on a regular bases on t.v, we don'T talk about it because it'S part of the show but when JBL does it on air to mauro, now we talk about it because what, the guys has health issues.

I'm talking from the perspective of somebody that was bullied as a teenager here, it's never a great feelings to get bullied but at the same time it'S even worst when nobody cares that you gets bullied. They're a problem in are culture right now where we as peoples see some normal person get bullied and we do nothing but when an handicap person get bullied now we get all angry about it. This is normal behavior for most peoples right now and we don'T believe that a bully can change and we judge him by the actions he'S done in the past which is even worst then the original action itself because now we became the one thing that we are suppose to be against and that's bullies. This is a vicious circle that will never end, that's why i wrote all these reply's in the first place, because i didn't want to become a bully. I think that what happens to mauro was terrible, but i'm not going to threat him differently then any others guy or girls that got bullied before him just because he has a mental illness just like i'm not going to put the blame on JBL based on what he did in the past, that would just make me a bully and that's not the kind of person that i am.

I really hope that someday, there will be change to this culture and we has a society found way to end the bullying but until stop picking and choosing which cause outrage us and which doesn't, nothing is going to change.

You know what you are absolutely correct in that we seem to pick and choose who we will pick on for bullying. In all fairness, Bryon Saxton as far as we know isn't suffering from bi polar or depression and there are times he gives back as good as he gets.

With Mauro, he was a breath of fresh air on the what I said before a stale commentary team. Here was a guy who knew his stuff and actually made it seem special for some of us who were sick of Cole going through the motions. He did a hell of a job and it was apparent that fans were behind him. Now JBL being a heel and all should be used to being the hated one, the one being boo'd, so that's why it doesn't make sense that when Mauro won this award JBL had a fit. He knew he would never win it, he's not supposed to be liked, Mauro is. His outburst along with other things sent his announce team partner over the edge, or it would appear. That is not alright and should be corrected.

Maybe we might see some sort of a change because of all of this and that is a good thing. Besides Otunga and Saxton have traded places, so now Corey Graves can pick on someone else. He'll have a hard time of it since Otunga says nothing.

i know you probably going to call me an hypocrite because i wrote that i didn't have time for people like you anymore and i would stop replying for you but after seeing your answer to my last post, i thought i needed to give you an explanation. you might not like it, you might take some of it out of context but here my explanation to your last reply.
No, I won't call you hypocrite for just replying me. It's your prerogative to ignore me or reply me or whatever. No issues.

1. First of all, to your first point, if you would have bother to read some of my post were i supposedly called you a hater, you would have seen that it was a generalize comment and not specifically meant for you. You took that comment out of context like you do sometimes when you don'T agree with someone. But i do agree that some peoples like to focus to much on the negative, that's why i wrote the way i wrote, because my posts are always to look on the positive side of this instead of focus on the negative. I did this for this subject and because i wasn't having the same opinion then everyone else, i got everybody trying to prove me wrong and some of them, not you directly even called me names.
Ummm... You might want to read it again. I definitely remember you saying that I sound like a Reigns hater.

2.That's comment was out of line, i have to admit it, what i meant to say his when you don'T have answers to an intelligent point that somebody is making, you go to a pattern of dodging the question. It happened a couple of time since i started replying to you're comment. Sometimes i can have some great discussion with you like the mania one or the eli drake one. but when i think completely differently then you, that we're the shit hits the fan in a way and you tend to take some of my comments out of context which is when i start to get mad.
I think that I took amy comments out of context. Still, I have no problem with you having an intelligent discussion with anyone else since I can't have one.

3. Again meltzer being meltzer i never truly believe anything he print, but i admit that i use some of his stuff when it helps to get my point across, that'S because alot of fans on this wrestling board believe in meltzer so that'S just another way to illustrate my point. In this case, i never berate anybody that believe what meltzer wrote, if you took those comment that i made about meltzer personally that's your problem not mine. I really think that this time Meltzer went to far just to report a story, i really just have just waited until Mauro was ready to talk about this situation before publishing anything, but that's just my opinion and it seem like it'S not shared with alot of people on this board.
That's my problem. That's my only problem with your stand. You believe Meltzer when he favors your point. But then just negate it and stop others to believe in him when he ain't in your favor. That's the only problem. It ain't a stable stand.

4. Do you want to know why i quote you when you replied to Stone Cold Tea. It's because it wasn't the first time that you were using me as a respond to somebody's comment on this subject. It happened a couple of times, at first at found it funny but after a couple of time, i thought it was better to respond to that comment because it was getting repetitive and i got tired of being mad fun of on this post. That why i quote you and by the way not everything that been reported on the internet is true you know, it'S not because somebody as a past of being a bully that he can't change. That's why i'm writing what i'm writing about this subject. Because until everything comes out in the open, i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Again the same thing. You defended JBL without any proof. Then when Meltzer stated against your opinion, you just say that he ain't right. Why you're giving JBL the benefit of doubt? Why not Mauro? Or just don't give it to either. Whenever a crime takes place, it's normal to doubt someone who has committed such crimes. Yeah, he could've improved but he couldn't have either.

5. finally, just to point something out about this subject, if this whole thing started because of a comment that JBL said on a WWE show in character, then the guys isn't a bully he'S just playing one one t.v and while i do sympathize with Mauro about this, he should have known better then to take what the character of JBL said about him on a t.v. show. If something else happened backstage that we don't know about, then that's another story completely and i don't condone any type of bullying in real life but their a difference between real life on tv characters and if this all mess began because of that segment then i don'T have any sympathy for mauro even if he is bi polar.
Ni need for having sympathy with Mauro if you don't feel him. You and me don't know what happened backstage. But what we know is that it didn't happen just due to comments on-air. Nopes. Backstage did something we couldn't.

So that my explanation to you last post because i thought i owe you one, feel free to do whatever you want with it. If you want to take it out of context go ahead, i don'T care. i'm tired of discussing this pointless subject, i always going to not based my opinion on what somebody did in the past and based it on what he does in the present, if fans want to judge JBL based on past actions that your choice and i will respect your choice if you respect my opinion as well.
Again, it's your wish to reply me or not. No problem.

on this subject i think we covert pretty much everything we need to covert. My point about meltzer isn't that i disagree with what he did, it's more that i think he should have use judgment before writing his article. I know that MAuro is a close personal friend of his and that he did what he did based on that friendship. But if this same situation would have happened to anyone else in the company, it wouldn'T have been as big of a story and meltzer wouldn'T have even thought about writing an article of it.

Meltzer as a responsibility as a reporter to stay objective at all time when he publish an article and in that case, he didn'T but from what i've got over the past few days, most of mauro's friend that are in the wrestling media aren't either and it's understandable.

Personally i think this should have remind a personal matter between the 2 of them and it should have been worked out between them instead of being put in the public forum like it did. Now, it's how there and it's sad to see that both guys will feel the effect of this situation. If Mauro would have just take cared of himself and when he'S was ready to come back, comeback and sit down with JBL and tell him how he felt, i'm sure that this could have be resolve peacefully without any incident because from what i've seen and read, since JBL made his comeback to commentary, he isn'T the same guy that he was when he was a wrestler, everybody in the locker seem to really love him now and outside of this incident, their really nothing that happened like that since his return.

finally, like i wrote in a previous post, we has fans are really the hypocrite in all of this. I know that we like mauro and hate JBL so it's easy for us to sit behind are keyboard and write about this subject. But if the same situation would have happened to another commentator that wasn't Mauro and didn't have a mental illness, we wouldn't be that upset about it and we would just move on. Like i wrote earlier, this should have stay a private matter, we has fans shouldn'T have been involve in this but that'S the society we live in now. With social media, it'S so easy to stick our nose were it doesn'T belong and air your dirty laundry on the internet. That'S life i guess, but sometime i think when situation like this spin out of control, that social media is probably the worst thing to have been invented.

on this subject i think we covert pretty much everything we need to covert. My point about meltzer isn't that i disagree with what he did, it's more that i think he should have use judgment before writing his article. I know that MAuro is a close personal friend of his and that he did what he did based on that friendship. But if this same situation would have happened to anyone else in the company, it wouldn'T have been as big of a story and meltzer wouldn'T have even thought about writing an article of it.

You're making a few generalizations in this statement and how can you know what Meltzer would or wouldn't do? Journalists write about juicy stories that get people talking, all you have to do is watch CNN or Fox News to know that's true so there's no reason why it should be any different for a pro wrestling journalist.

Meltzer as a responsibility as a reporter to stay objective at all time when he publish an article and in that case, he didn'T but from what i've got over the past few days, most of mauro's friend that are in the wrestling media aren't either and it's understandable.

Well, when it comes to Meltzer, he's never exactly been objective. He is a MASSIVE mark for Japanese wrestling and has always given All Japan and New Japan preferential treatment. He has a strong dislike for WWE, has for decades and isn't the least bit bit shy about it so I'm not surprised that he's been less than objective about this

Personally i think this should have remind a personal matter between the 2 of them and it should have been worked out between them instead of being put in the public forum like it did. Now, it's how there and it's sad to see that both guys will feel the effect of this situation. If Mauro would have just take cared of himself and when he'S was ready to come back, comeback and sit down with JBL and tell him how he felt, i'm sure that this could have be resolve peacefully without any incident because from what i've seen and read, since JBL made his comeback to commentary, he isn'T the same guy that he was when he was a wrestler, everybody in the locker seem to really love him now and outside of this incident, their really nothing that happened like that since his return.

Keeping quiet about it won't bring about any change and this is something that's been going on with JBL for decades. Whether it's wrestlers, female valets, commentators or referees, John Layfield has a well known history of hazing and bullying backstage because he knows he's been able to get away with it due to a close relationship with Vince McMahon. This isn't some isolated incident in which a guy took a joke the wrong way or misconstrued comments made towards them. Mauro's not going to be affected negatively by this story getting out, I've no doubt he'll be welcome as commentator for any wrestling or MMA company out there. If past accounts are accurate, talking with JBL about it doesn't do any good as he keeps right on doing it; the only way to stop him, seemingly, is to kick his ass like Steve Blackman and little Joey Styles did but some people just aren't violent and don't have that in them. If the lastest info about this is correct, WWE is trying to sweep everything under the rug like they've always done. Allegedly, they're trying to work out some sort of settlement with Mauro so that he doesn't say anything public about this once his contract with the company expires in August.

finally, like i wrote in a previous post, we has fans are really the hypocrite in all of this. I know that we like mauro and hate JBL so it's easy for us to sit behind are keyboard and write about this subject. But if the same situation would have happened to another commentator that wasn't Mauro and didn't have a mental illness, we wouldn't be that upset about it and we would just move on. Like i wrote earlier, this should have stay a private matter, we has fans shouldn'T have been involve in this but that'S the society we live in now. With social media, it'S so easy to stick our nose were it doesn'T belong and air your dirty laundry on the internet. That'S life i guess, but sometime i think when situation like this spin out of control, that social media is probably the worst thing to have been invented.

Man, you really should stop making these broad generalizations in which you take it upon yourself to represent your opinion as the opinion of everyone else. Regardless of whether or not Mauro Ranallo has a serious psychological illness, regardless of whether or not he's a likeable person on TV, it still wouldn't give JBL the right to bully him just because he's been fluffing Vince for the last 20 years. I'd have the exact same opinion on the subject if it was Michael Cole being bullied, Corey Graves, Byron Saxton or anyone else working for WWE. John Layfield has a decades long history of harassment that's gone unchecked because of his strong ties to the highest ranking company officials and it's wrong. Also, you seem to have a strange definition of hypocrisy in that we're hypocrites because we're giving our opinions on a situation based on the information made available and because it doesn't concern us. Hypocrisy is actually doing one thing while saying the exact opposite, which is what WWE has done in regards to all its various anti-bullying campaigns.

After taking a break from commenting onthis story and reading justin lebar article on this subject, i've got to say that some of this stuff that he wrote made sense.

First of all, Mauro wasn't fitting well on the commentary both in WWE. It was like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole, that doesn't fit. While he knew all the name of the more complicated holds, he would mess up constantly on simple one or even sometimes on wrestlers names. So something had to be done and they sent tom phillips to help out at the broadcast booth and i wouldn't be surprise if they talk to JBL about making fun of mauro when he mess up on the play by play because i kinda realise that JBL was starting to go out of his way to point some of this stuff and it's not really in his character to do so. So somebody must have ask him to do that since that what vince does like play by play guy to mess up like that.

Also, like somebody point out, as far as meltzer is concern, he never was a wwe fans, i don't know if it's because of the fact that he was working with them early on in his career and got let go or it's just that he doesn't like their product in general, but the fact is he doesn't like WWE and every time that he get to do a negative story on them, he will and that was the perfect chance for him to do one since his friend was involve. I might not agree with him on a lot of things and i realize that a lot of what he report is based on third party sources but he's been in the business for a long time and he's kinda respected in the business so he got the right to his opinion and i respect that.

Do i think that it's o.k to judge somebody by what he's done in the past, no i don't. People can change and since we really don't have all the facts i can't blame JBL for what happened. Do i think that something is in need of a change within wwe, if their indeed a bullying mentality within the company then yes i do but the fact of all of this is that the change need to start at the top of the company and the first person that need to change is VInce Mcmahon himself and at his age, like many of you know, it's going to be harder to make him change in mentality on this.

So, fans can have all the opinions they want, i sure have mine, but in the end, it's just that opinions. Meltzer as his opinion on this, the others wrestling journalist have their opinions on this even wrestlers have their opinions on this but the fact of the matters is that their only 2 peoples that knows exactly what happens and that's Mauro and JBL and i doubt that either of them will want to talk about this anytime soon, so all we got left your opinions and speculations on what really happens. Some will judge JBL based on his past, some will not that's pretty much all there is to it and we can't really do anything about it.

Like J.R said, i'm not worried about mauro because he'S going to find a job outside WWE in a heartbeat. The guy is talented, he's just not made to be calling sports entertainment and i really do wish him the best in whatever else he does. I really want him and everybody else to get over this and move on with their lives because life is to short to be obsessing about this subject.

Okay let me get this straight right off the bat. I don't care who Meltzer likes or doesn't like, I read what he reports on and made decisions based on that. Also in the same vein Justin Lebar is known to be a WWE sympathizer but I also take what he writes with the same grain of salt that I do with Meltzer's stories. I will not call either one of them a liar.

Now that I've made clear that I will say this. I do not know what happened between JBL and Mauro Ranallo, only what has been written and said in the past which doesn't paint JBL in a positive light when it comes to dealings with other people. Now the stories are out there across the web that the WWE is trying to come to a settlement with Ranallo to basically keep his mouth shut.

Ranallo's contract with the WWE is up in August and presumably he won't be returning. I for one liked him on commentary and didn't mind the mistakes he made, we aren't perfect. But just the fact that the WWE is going to such lengths to apparently sweep this under the rug says that something happened and they don't want anyone to know about it. I'm sure we will find out one of these days, but until then all we have to go on is speculation.

Saying that Mauro wasn't working well especially at this time is the perfect example of "Sour Grapes".

Mauro Ranallo made commentary interesting and entertaining. He actually called the action in the ring. He actually called the moves executed. Unlike JBL or Cole, he didn't botch the action in the ring. There are bunch of examples where Cole or JBL botch the action in the ring. He wouldn't be hired by WWE of he wasn't made to call sports entertainment.

Also, if there ain't any bullying, why is WWE settling the issue with Mauro? Why be afraid when you ain't wrong?

Saying that he wasn't working well is more of a distraction from the original problem.

Also, moving on ain't easy when you've been wronged. It's like suffering from a crime and getting advice to move on without the criminal facing consequences.

Meltzer may be wrong or right but bullying did take place. That's why WWE is trying to hide everything.

So it's official mauro got his release from wwe and while some fans and reporters will takes thoses statement as more or less cover up for what really happened, I believes them and I'm glad that they will all put that behind tem. I'm glad that mauro cleared the air and told that it had nothing to do with jbl like reported by some dirt sheet writers and I'm also glad to see jbl apologies for what happened because of his past.

So now it's all over and we can all move on from this

So it's official mauro got his release from wwe and while some fans and reporters will takes thoses statement as more or less cover up for what really happened, I believes them and I'm glad that they will all put that behind tem. I'm glad that mauro cleared the air and told that it had nothing to do with jbl like reported by some dirt sheet writers and I'm also glad to see jbl apologies for what happened because of his past.

So now it's all over and we can all move on from this

I'm sorry but something smells rotten about the whole thing. The rumours are that the WWE wanted to settle with Ranallo so he wouldn't say anything. Legally he is under contract with them until August 12 of this year. He couldn't say anything until his contract was up, after that though he could have given the whole story.

The settlement he reached with the WWE stops that from happening. He more than likely will not speak about what happened if legally bound not too. So everyone won or lost in this matter depending on how you look at it.

Ranallo made a lot of money up front and still gets paid until August. He can work for boxing or MMA, the only thing he can't do is wrestling. JBL doesn't have the story come out and his reputation stays intact and the WWE pays to get rid of a problem.

Newsweek which is not a wrestling dirtsheet was working on a huge story about this and most likely this is what brought about the settlement quickly. If nothing happened then the WWE would just have let Ranallo's contract run out and quietly not renewed it.

Also couple with the fact that both Ranallo seemed to go out of his way to mention JBL and JBL apologizing for something he didn't do, makes the whole thing look weird. Usually they just let the person go and give no reason as too why. Yes we will move on for now, but I have the feeling this will be revisited at a later date.

I'm sorry but something smells rotten about the whole thing. The rumours are that the WWE wanted to settle with Ranallo so he wouldn't say anything. Legally he is under contract with them until August 12 of this year. He couldn't say anything until his contract was up, after that though he could have given the whole story.

The settlement he reached with the WWE stops that from happening. He more than likely will not speak about what happened if legally bound not too. So everyone won or lost in this matter depending on how you look at it.

Ranallo made a lot of money up front and still gets paid until August. He can work for boxing or MMA, the only thing he can't do is wrestling. JBL doesn't have the story come out and his reputation stays intact and the WWE pays to get rid of a problem.

Newsweek which is not a wrestling dirtsheet was working on a huge story about this and most likely this is what brought about the settlement quickly. If nothing happened then the WWE would just have let Ranallo's contract run out and quietly not renewed it.

Also couple with the fact that both Ranallo seemed to go out of his way to mention JBL and JBL apologizing for something he didn't do, makes the whole thing look weird. Usually they just let the person go and give no reason as too why. Yes we will move on for now, but I have the feeling this will be revisited at a later date.
Hey Navi. :wave:

I think that Mauro shouldn't have settled with WWE. The way it’s happening, the person who was the defaulter doesn't have to deal with any kind of consequences. And that won't discourage him. Rather, it'll encourage him to continue bullying because he knows that there ain't any consequences. Not happy about it. I could be wrong about it here but that's only what I felt.

JBL seems to be a classic example of a toxic sociopath. I'm not 100% on that because everyone involved is doing a great job of keeping confirmed details regarding Mauro's departure a secret, though I'm leaning toward the conclusion of JBL being a pathetic shithead because we're getting a lot of lawyer-speak when specific questions are asked.

I'm sure that some of us are fond of JBL's niche, the brash texan who prefers action over story. I, personally, wouldn't call him "essential" to the company.

Jim Cornette recently commented that he thinks that Mauro should have grown a backbone and fought back with a weapon of some kind if the accusations of psychological abuse are true. It was one of the rare times when I completely disagreed with Jim. If JBL is going strictly psychological with his abuse, then threatening him with violence is exactly what he wants.

I care about JBL like I care about WON's ratings, which is to say not at all. I'll occasionally cite WON to prove a point, but I really don't give a shit about them. I can see every possible scenario being true, to include the one where JBL never did anything and this has all just been tabloid journalism from the dirt sheets. I won't get my pitchfork on this one, but I won't lose sleep if JBL is fired with "You're a dirty stinking jerk-face!" as the explanation on his termination papers.

Not that it's not too farfetched to think WWE would try to cover up the whole saga, I too question why Mauro would settle for this. If what JBL has been supposedly doing is true, and I was Mauro, I would NOT be settling for anything just to stop the story from getting out. That would be owing WWE. After all, he is well recognised for his amazing commentary abilities when given the chance to just be himself and call the action. He will get many more opportunities.

WWE must be very desperate to cover up a situation like this if that is indeed what they have done. Maybe in time the real story will come out. Things like this always do in the end. Until then I'll reserve judgment on anybody.

My guess is that the settlement was simply too good to turn down. I don't know how much Mauro makes in WWE, though my guess is that it's mid to upper six figures, and my guess is that this settlement would be equal to his WWE salary of several years. Ted DiBiase as the Million Dollar Man was right when he said "everybody's got a price."

Over the past few weeks, JBL has noticeably different on commentary to the extent that he's not laying into Byron Saxton whenever Saxton opens his mouth to defend a babyface. In the past, JBL launched himself at Saxton so frequently during commentary that it became extremely annoying and distracted from the matches. I'm sure he'll get back to business as usual once all this blows over in another few months.

My guess is that the settlement was simply too good to turn down. I don't know how much Mauro makes in WWE, though my guess is that it's mid to upper six figures, and my guess is that this settlement would be equal to his WWE salary of several years. Ted DiBiase as the Million Dollar Man was right when he said "everybody's got a price."

Over the past few weeks, JBL has noticeably different on commentary to the extent that he's not laying into Byron Saxton whenever Saxton opens his mouth to defend a babyface. In the past, JBL launched himself at Saxton so frequently during commentary that it became extremely annoying and distracted from the matches. I'm sure he'll get back to business as usual once all this blows over in another few months.

But corey graves was doing the same thing with saxton before he got switch to smackdown 3 weeks ago and he's probably going to do that to otunga when he makes his returns in 5 weeks. The heel commentators are suppose to be brash and annoying toward the babyface commentator, that's their job. Look at the history of WWE commentary, the best team we're the one we're the heels would launched themselves at the babyface commentator when they defended that babyface. Jesse and Vince, Bobby heenan and Gorilla monsoon, Jim ross and jerry lawler. Tazz and michael cole, JBL and Michael Cole. All great play by play team that had a heel announcer, be annoying and launching themselves at the babyface commentator when they we're defending the babyface.

I think that fans have been so jaded in watching other wrestling promotions we're the matches are called like a real sport that they can't really accept the way WWE goes about using their commentator. That's being the way that WWE as been doing commentary since bought the company from his dad, the commentary is over the top just like the characters in the ring. It's not a wrestling company, it's an entertainment company that has wrestling matches in it, so the commentators are going to threat the show that way and the bad guy will be super annoying and will look like his borderline bullying the babyface announcer everytime the babyface defend the babyface wrestlers.

I think with JBL and saxton, it'S more of a mutual respect thing they have because saxton as being taking so much abuse on raw from corey graves that he's earn JBL's respect for now compare to otunga who as being just plain annoying on smackdown and the fact that he'S a part time announcer much make him a bigger target for vince to let his heel announcer go wild on him more often.

Not defending anything but that just part of the history of WWE. They did that With Mike Adamle back in the day because he was really bad as a play by play guy that they let tazz go wild on adamle which was even more annoying that anything else.

Again when your part of the announce team, that's just part of the game, vince control everything as far as the broadcast booth is concern and if he feel that your not that great or don't fit the wwe model, he will use his heel commentator to let you know just how much you suck in order to send the message to shape up and stop making mistakes on live tv. That'S why JBL hasn'T been as vocal as he usually is, because he's with 2 guys that actually fit what vince think makes a great announce team, Saxton and phillips know what to do and they don't try to be different or make any mistakes which is what Vince wants out of in main rosters commentator.

Personally, i would have like mauro to be hired as a play by play guy for some of the networks special like the CWC or the uk title tournament instead of being a main roster guy, he would have fitted more on those shows then he did on smackdown because those shows we're wrestling shows and he'S a wrestling announcer.

But corey graves was doing the same thing with saxton before he got switch to smackdown 3 weeks ago and he's probably going to do that to otunga when he makes his returns in 5 weeks. The heel commentators are suppose to be brash and annoying toward the babyface commentator, that's their job. Look at the history of WWE commentary, the best team we're the one we're the heels would launched themselves at the babyface commentator when they defended that babyface. Jesse and Vince, Bobby heenan and Gorilla monsoon, Jim ross and jerry lawler. Tazz and michael cole, JBL and Michael Cole. All great play by play team that had a heel announcer, be annoying and launching themselves at the babyface commentator when they we're defending the babyface.

Corey Graves doesn't have a decades long and documented history of bullying everyone from wrestlers to commentators to referees to just about anyone else he sets his sights on. This story has gotten some mainstream media coverage and it makes WWE look bad. Out on commentary, JBL is doing his job and while it might not be fair to mix in his job as a fictional commentator with a real life history of bullying, that's simply how it is. Perception is often everything and while Corey Graves plays a brash, bullying dick on TV, JBL is a brash, bullying dick in real life and now the whole world knows it.

Of course, once the heat dies down from this due to Mauro selling out rather than sticking to his guns and POSSIBLY making a difference, JBL will probably be back to business as usual both in front of and behind the camera.

If you believe meltzer latest report, which I take this with a grain of salt, he said that it wasn't just jbl mocking him. That vince hired him to be different and that after a couple of weeks, he got tired of it and wanted mauro to be more like michael cole and it lead to most of the production staff making fun of him and that why tom phillips was added to the smackdown announce table. That also mauro was considered like a weirdo backstage and while the bring it to the table comment was the straw that broke the camel's back, it was just jbl doing what he was told by the production team.

Again that's just a rumor that was reported by meltzer and it my be true it my not be but I think they knew that JBL would be blame considering is past.

So if you think that this will change anytime soon, don't bet on it, unless the mainstream media discovered tthe true about how deep this is going, that mentality isn't changing.

If you believe meltzer latest report, which I take this with a grain of salt, he said that it wasn't just jbl mocking him. That vince hired him to be different and that after a couple of weeks, he got tired of it and wanted mauro to be more like michael cole and it lead to most of the production staff making fun of him and that why tom phillips was added to the smackdown announce table. That also mauro was considered like a weirdo backstage and while the bring it to the table comment was the straw that broke the camel's back, it was just jbl doing what he was told by the production team.

Again that's just a rumor that was reported by meltzer and it my be true it my not be but I think they knew that JBL would be blame considering is past.

So if you think that this will change anytime soon, don't bet on it, unless the mainstream media discovered tthe true about how deep this is going, that mentality isn't changing.

I read that earlier today as well. It may be true, it may not be, parts of it may be true, etc. but one thing that rings as true to me is Vince's contradictory wishes. Vince saying he wants one thing and then almost immediately, relatively speaking, turning around and saying he wants the exact opposite is, forgive the pun, Vintage Vince; it's what he does all the time when it comes to just about anything whether it's who gets pushed, the direction of storylines, etc. Mauro brought a lot of enthusiasm and passion to commentary and Michael Cole is just phoning it in and has been for a while. It's really comes off as an example of the micromanagement approach Vince is infamous for in which everything has to be done 100% to his specifications or it burrows under his skin tighter than an Alabama tick.

After watching bring it to table last monday and actually liking the show, it made me curious about seeing the episode that started all this controversy in the first place, so i went to the network and to no surprise at all, they didn't put the episode on the network, in fact that completely made it disappear from history because now, last monday's episode is Episode 4 instead of 5.

I'm guessing that this move was part of the settlement they had with Mauro where they would pull the episode from the network in exchange for his silence.

After watching bring it to table last monday and actually liking the show, it made me curious about seeing the episode that started all this controversy in the first place, so i went to the network and to no surprise at all, they didn't put the episode on the network, in fact that completely made it disappear from history because now, last monday's episode is Episode 4 instead of 5.

I'm guessing that this move was part of the settlement they had with Mauro where they would pull the episode from the network in exchange for his silence.

Actually it is on Youtube and I've watched it. JBL goes on a tangent about Mauro and Twitter and this poll that Mauro retweeted. My guess is that they pulled it off not to please Mauro, but instead to stop JBL from looking like anymore of an asshat than he did. He really came out looking like a little boy who had his toys taken away from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back