Wrestlemania XXXII

I regret the fact that they made Ambrose-Lesnar a No Holds Barred Joke Fight. Normal match would've been better with some actual story-telling in it. Make the main-event a No DQs instead, and it could have gone down waaaay better.

And then there's probably going to be angle where he's stripped of the title or something for spearing Steph.

And when that happens I'll be counting down the days until John Cena gets reign number 16 and fans go back to complaining that WWE never tries to build new stars.

Roman could've jumped from the top of two cell's, 60 feet in the air or however high, and they wouldn't cheer.

Main event was decent, nothing special. It wasn't terrible, either.

The DVD of this event should be titled:

Yawnamania 32: The Status Quo is Maintained.

Exactly two, count 'em, two people were advanced in a meaningful way on this show, and that's Zack Ryder and Baron Corbin. The status quo was strictly maintained for literally everyone else. AJ still needs a big win. The League of Nations are still jobbers. Ambrose is still a B+ player. Sasha and Becky are still waiting for the big one. The Authority is still in charge and the Undertaker is still active. The Wyatt Family are still a joke. Roman Reigns is still the worst face ever.

Some excellent wrestling on this card, don't get me wrong, but the WWE is exactly the same as it was before we started, and that is not what WrestleMania is supposed to be about.

Roman sells shirts and that's what counts. Fuck the smarks.

Except it's not that simple. Decent t-shirt sales don't change how poorly he's been booked. I'm not a person who would boo a face, but I also know that Roman Reigns is not an interesting character or champion right now. And if that's not fixed, it will come back to bite WWE in the ass.

I have a terrible feeling Owens cashes in his rematch tomorrow and wins the title right back, sending Ryder back down the card where he started. As if they gave Zack the IC title to pop the Mania crowd the same way they gave him the US title to pop his followers.

I have a terrible feeling Owens cashes in his rematch tomorrow and wins the title right back, sending Ryder back down the card where he started. As if they gave Zack the IC title to pop the Mania crowd the same way they gave him the US title to pop his followers.

Based on that formula, expect Ryder to randomly win a mid card title every 4 years.

There was a story told this year. But it didn't fit the match at all. It was standard young hungry underdog vs grizzled veteran champion. It should've been pissed off badass vs the guy who's made his life hell.

Exactly. The immediate story(Since Roman returned after a couple weeks out) being told should have been told. Instead, we got something else that made no connection to what was happening coming into the match.

Let's see. The biggest problem with this show is that absolutely nothing has changed.

Roman is champion. Again. And he was booed. Loudly. Again.

Taker is still wrestling at WM. The Authority is still in charge.

Ambrose still can't win the big one. Lesnar is still invincible.

Charlotte is still champion. Sasha and Becky lost.

AJ Styles lost. Kevin Owens lost. New Day lost. The Wyatts looked terrible.

I honestly can't find one thing I liked about this WrestleMania. Except for Shane jumping off the cell. And he still lost, so that was meaningless.

After two excellent manias, and with a roster this depleted, can't say I should be too surprised at this one being poor on hindsight. We were due a bad one after the previous 2 years.

Let's hope next year's will be better.

I think Navi mentioned earlier that Shane kind of stole Ambrose's thunder which is pretty true and even more reason why Dean should have won.

Ambrose got toss around and defeated in a solid, but underwhelming match. Shane practically killed himself in a spectacle and lost. If Shane is going to out-hardcore/out-crazy Dean, at least allow Ambrose say "I beat Brock Lesnar" and look better by comparison.

Let's see. The biggest problem with this show is that absolutely nothing has changed.

Roman is champion. Again. And he was booed. Loudly. Again.

Taker is still wrestling at WM. The Authority is still in charge.

Ambrose still can't win the big one. Lesnar is still invincible.

Charlotte is still champion. Sasha and Becky lost.

AJ Styles lost. Kevin Owens lost. New Day lost. The Wyatts looked terrible.

I honestly can't find one thing I liked about this WrestleMania. Except for Shane jumping off the cell. And he still lost, so that was meaningless.

Guess Mania wasn't booked to your preferences.

As I said earlier, the booking of this Mania screams Vince saying "F-U" to "Smarks". Reign the boos all over, Vince is still gonna have his way regardless.

Having the Attendance "record" sewn up as well helps quite a bit as well, without doubt.

55537836.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back