• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania XXX Aftermath & Discussion

This years Mania card has had more possibilities than any other in recent memory. I say this because, while maybe not an extremely high chance, WWE had the chance AND the working relationships with the following individuals (who probably all have one more left in em). BUT, does an overload of returns make Mania better or worse? Being that this is the 30th anniversary and HOPING for a 10-12 match card, I think this year is one where it would improve Mania. Just looking for talking points here.....Any opinions?

Goldberg: Not something I'd personally like, but WWE's relationship with Goldberg has drastically improved this year. With Rybacks slide however; I'd give Goldberg a 10% (Just MY Opinion, obviously no data to back up percentage)chance of competing.

Hulk Hogan:Although I see him on screen at Mania, I'd give him a 40% chance of competing.

Ultimate Warrior: Again, VAST improvement in their relationship. 60% Chance of competing.

Sting: Hope it's a lock, but I'm hoping for a 100% chance. Reports are extremely positive.!

Rock: Doubtful, but possible.

SCSA: See above. I wouldn't be "shocked" either way.

HBK: Doubtful. He seems true to his word, but It would be awesome. Under a 20% chance.

Triple H: Unfortunately a lock. I'm giving this 110%

Y2J: Call me a mark, but I'd love it......in the right program. 85%

Predicted Card: (Would LOVE to be wrong on several of these.
STING vs TAKER

TRIPLE H vs BRYAN

ORTON vs BATISTA

PUNK vs BROCK

USO'S vs RHODES BROS vs ROWAN/HARPER vs REIGNS/ROLLINS

REAL AMERICANS vs CENA/HOGAN

BRAY WYATT vs BIG E

Hey guys, this is my first thread on wrestlezone so here goes...

Pre Show Battle Royal
Pretty self explanatory, just your average battle royal with the low card/mid card talent who there was no room for on the main card

MITB Ladder Match - Big Show vs Ziggler vs Mysterio vs Sandow vs Kingston vs Del Rio vs Tyson Kidd vs Fandango
Now I know the wwe isn't planning on putting the mitb match back on the grandest stage of them all but god dammit I wish they would so that's why it's on my card. The participants i'll admit are people who I can't really think of any feuds for

Big E Langston vs Mark Henry (Intercontinental Championship)
Henry has been teaming with Langston recently but eventually he turns on him and challenges him to a match, simple as that. Langston to go over here.

Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
This is a match I know many people want and I think the wwe will go with it. Now the problem is who will be the heel here, cody turning heel will be a step backwards IMO but goldust is a guy you can't really hate. Having said that, turning goldust heel would be better than turning cody heel. Another option is they could both remain faces and fight to see who the better Rhodes is

New Age Outlaws vs The Real Americans vs The Usos vs Prime Time Players (Tag Team Championship)
Outlaws win tag titles at rumble, retain it at elimination chamber against whoever, next night on raw outlaws and real americans team up vs usos and ptp, brawl occurs mid match between all 4 teams and the match is made. I'd like to see the usos win here - they deserve a tag title run

Ryback vs Sheamus
I think it's likely that sheamus returns as a heel and ryback should turn face with his 'The big guy' gimmick as seen on twitter. This could be an entertaining match

Chris Jericho vs RVD vs Christian (United States Championship)
The u.s title should be token off ambrose since he never defends it. Not his fault since the shield are in a major feud with punk so creative probably have to focus their attention on that. So... Ambrose drops the title to a returning RVD. By this time Christian and Jericho have returned too. They both challenge rvd for the title and the match is made. These 3 could put on one hell of a match and potential show stealer, personally I'd love to see this.

The Shield vs Wyatt Family
Remember when these 6 were staring each other down on raw last year and the crowd popped like hell 'THIS IS AWESOME'. Awesome is exactly what it would be. There are 2 possible scenarios here:
a) The Wyatts win and the Shield implode after the match with reigns starting his face turn by spearing ambrose and rollins
b) The Shield win and next night on raw they break up saying they've accomplished everything they set out for and they feel it's the right time for them to individually move on and set their own paths to the top. They then embrace for a final time.

Triple H vs CM Punk
The wwe is already planning on doing this match so not much to say here. They did feud briefly back in 2011 but only had 1 match so wouldn't mind this. Should be a decent match

Sting vs The Undertaker
Now the wwe is planning on lesnar vs undertaker but I agree with many on how the undertaker won't be able to keep up with lesnar. I was thinking of John Cena vs Undertaker but I think taker has a couple of manias left in him and with WM 32 being held in texas, I think that will be takers last mania. So there is still time for a taker vs cena match at mania. However Sting vs Taker needs to happen now before Sting is physically incapable of putting on a good match. The phenom vs the icon NEEDS to happen at Wrestlemania 30

Brock Lesnar vs Batista
They both want the wwe world heavyweight championship but they both fail to win it. Lesnar eliminates Batista at rumble and then Batista eliminates Lesnar at Elimination Chamber. Lesnar seeks revenge in the weeks building up to mania and eventually the match is announced. The Beast vs The Animal. A real slobberknocker.

Daniel Bryan vs John Cena vs Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble. Orton retains the title at elimination chamber by last eliminating cena due to some help from the authority. Cena wants a rematch so he faces bryan - if cena wins he is added to the wrestlemania main event making it a triple threat. Cena wins after a hard fought match but Bryan wins at wrestlemania by making Cena tap out. The first time ever that Cena taps out - talk about HUGE and the audience goes absolutely wild. 80,000 people chanting YES YES YES. A true wrestlemania moment and nothing less than Daniel Bryan deserves.

There we go, please leave some feedback on my card and I'd like to read the match card you guys want to see so post your own as well :)

p.s sorry if I made any mistakes according to the WZ forum rules

I like yo card alot as its very similar 2 what i would like 2 c. Rhodes vs Rhodes i believe both should remain a face and im not sure about a ryback face turn as i do like him as a heel. W/that being said i definitely don't wanna c sheamus b a face so maybe a heel vs heel here 2 c who is truly wwe badass. They could put on an entertaining feud that outlasts mania. Sting vs taker at mania would b my markout moment of my life truthfully. Da buildup itself would b epic. Don't wanna c taker and Brock myself and would love Brock/batista and let em kill each other. As 4 heavyweight title i would like 2 c orton/cena/bryan/punk/hhh(surprise entrant but cuz he is arguably da best wwe and whc this millineum) and surprise surprise Kurt angle if he makes a return.

While I kind of like it, the card is too long.

My card would look something like this:

Pre Show Divas Title Match - AJ Lee vs whichever Bella they decide to use. AJ wins.

MITB Ladder Match - Ziggler v Sandow v Barrett v Kingston v Big Show v Del Rio v Cesaro v Sheamus. Cesaro wins.

Big E v Y2J for the united Intercontinental/US championship. Big E wins. (Big E unifies it at EC or on a Raw leading up to 'mania)

Segment - Piper's Pit with Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. Chaos ensues.

Tag Title - Usos v Rhodes Brothers. Rhodes win, unlikely to happen due to face v face.

SHIELD v Wyatts - Wyatts win. SHIELD disbands.

Triple H v Punk - Punk wins, however HHH beats him at Punk's last PPV before his contract runs out in July. Punk "retires" comes back at Rumble, wins, headlines WM31

Sting v Taker - Taker wins

Lesnar v Batista - imo Batista wins seeing he has a more full time contract

WWE Championship - Daniel Bryan v John Cena v Randy Orton - Bryan wins, WWE gets the YES chant they want, fans get the WM moment they want.

Even-though I already predicted one, I will do so again saying that Batista won the Rumble & destroyed mine!

WWE World Heavyweight Championship (Triple Threat)
Brock Lesnar(c) w/Paul Heyman vs. Batista vs. Randy Orton

The Streak Match
The Undertaker vs. Daniel Bryan

WWE United States/Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose(c) vs. Roman Reigns

Retirement Match (If Goldust loses he must retire)
Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Winner gets the Company (Punk is McMahon's Pick) [Kane as Ref]
Triple H w/Stephanie McMahon vs. CM Punk w/Vince McMahon

WWE Tag Team Championships (4 Corners Match)
The New Age Outlaws(c) vs. The Usos vs. The Real Americans w/Zeb Coulter vs. The Wyatt Family

Hair vs. Mask Match
Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE Divas Championship
AJ Lee(c) vs. Tamina Snuka

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Mark Henry vs. Big E Langston vs. The Big Show vs. Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow vs. The Miz

Pre show Gabriel/Kidd (reunion of their tag team) vs usos vs Los matadores vs Barrett/sandow (yes I like the idea of them as a team and maybe later use it to turn Barrett tweener or face)

Goldust vs Cody Rhodes (goldust is the face Cody the heel)
Real americans (as face with hogan as manager) vs. the outlaws

Cm punk vs triple h

Batista vs Daniel Bryan vs randy Orton

Brock lesnar vs sheamus

Big show vs. Kane

Aj lee vs Paige

Big e. Vs the miz vs fandango vs kofi (if mark Henry isn't back if he is then big e. Vs mark Henry)

Undertaker vs roman reigns.

John cena Christian and Rey mysterio vs the wyatt family

Dean Ambrose vs seth Rollins

Legends vs current superstar match jake Roberts vs Curtis axel

Ryback vs rusev

Xavier woods and r-truth vs Alberto del rio and brodus clay
Would be interesting

My Dream Wrestlemania XXX Match Card would be:

Randy Orton (World Champion) VS Daniel Bryan -60 Minute Ironman-

-Daniel Bryan wins with Randy Orton tapping to the Yes Lock in the last 10 seconds of the match.

John Cena VS The Undertaker -I Quit-

-John Cena says I quit when The Undertaker does the "Hell's Gate" on him.

CM Punk VS Stonecold

-CM Punk wins after "putting Stonecold to sleep".

Brock Lesnar VS Batista -Hell In A Cell-

-Batista wins using Brock Lesnar's F5.

Dean Ambrose (United States Champion) VS Roman Reigns

-Roman Reigns wins off the spear.

Big E Langston (Intercontinental Champion) VS Ryback

Big E Langston wins after doing a massive Big Ending to Ryback.

After the events of the Rumble, this is how I see the card shaping up.

Diva's Title Match:

AJ (c) v Natalya v Brie Bella v Naomi

IC Title Match:

Big E vs Sheamus (heel)

Cody Rhodes v Goldust

Tag Team Title Match:

New Age Outlaws (c) v The Uso's

US Title Match:

Dean Ambrose (c) v Roman Reigns v Seth Rollins

John Cena v Bray Wyatt

Triple H v CM Punk

Streak Match:

Undertaker v Daniel Bryan

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match:

Randy Orton (c) v Batista v Brock Lesnar

This would be my Wrestlemania XXX card.

Wwe world heavyweight title. ( championship vacant )

Cm punk - Daniel bryan

Number 1 contender's match to meet the winner of Punk, Bryan.

Randy orton - Batista ( Special guest referee, Triple H )

John cena - Bray wyatt

The Undertaker - Brock lesnar

Triple threat united states championship.

Ambrose - Rollins - Reigns

Intercontinental title.

Big E langston - Alberto del rio

Wwe tag team championship.

The new age outlaws - Harper & Rowan

Wwe diva championship battle royale.

Brother feud.

Cody rhodes - Goldust

Sheamus - Ziggler

Mysterio - Ryback

Piper's pit.

The Miz and Damien sandow

Pre show.

The uso's - The real americans

If WWE decide to insanely stay the course with Batista vs Orton then I'm guessing Taker vs Lesnar will go on last as fans are less likely to crap on that, even if both guys are unlikely to be seen 24 hours later.

Brock Lesnar vs Batista (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)

Undertaker vs Sting

Cena/Hogan vs Punk/Piper (Punk walking out would be a storyline to turn him heel, which suits his character.)

Shield vs Wyatts (perfect way for Shield to break up and Reigns to go single)

Bryan vs HHH (part of me wants THIS match to be for the WWE World title as a way for Bryan to get the big payoff and end the show with the fans chanting YES!)

Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston (US-IC unification bout to open the show. Could be the show stealer, and best match on the card)

Ryback vs Warrior (Mark out moment of the night for me, even if it is a squash match. Ryback being in the doghouse...not a crazy thought..)

Real American vs Outlaws vs Usos vs Goldust/Cody (tag title 4-way elimination match, a way to get all 4 teams involved in the show)

There's my 8 match show....just really confused on where to put Orton on the show. If Jericho returns then there's a great match right there.

EDIT: Shit, forgot a bunch of big names. Might need to have a money in the bank ladder match. Where to put Miz, ADR, Big E, Sheamus, Mysterio, etc.

This card is absolutely subject to the recent news that Punk has "Left". This card is under the notion that he will still be there:

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins- US title match

Xavier Woods/R Truth/Mark Henry vs 3MB - Another Pre show match because why not have two this year with the launch of the Netwok

Divas title match- The customary cluster F*** of the divas match

Big E Langston vs Titus O'neil- IC title match Pre Show match

Fandango vs RVD- I don't think he will be back for the PPV but if he is why not have him fight the tiny dancer

Randy Orton vs Batista- Title match and gives the WWE what they want

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan- Just give the fans and the IWC what they want. Essentially an apology for the Rumble

Roman Reigns vs Sheamus- Lets just have these two guys beat the crap out of each other for a little while

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt- Seems to already be set

Ryback/Axel vs Usos vs Real Americans vs Rhodes Brothers in a TLC match Take all the guys who are in the title scene and let them shine. No outlaws cause we know thats not gonna last

Del Rio vs Jericho vs Barrett vs Christian vs Kofi vs The Miz vs Sandow vs Big Show in a MITB match- could be the show stealer

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar- I would love to have Sting vs Undertaker and have Brock vs Rock but I don't forsee either of those two guys coming in time for the PPV

Triple H vs Dolph Ziggler- The buried vs the Establishment. Ziggler would benefit greatly win or lose and can show the establishment that he is as good as he says he is

Again all of this is hinging on if Punk is there. If not then Bryan vs Hunter, Ziggler in the MITB match and then Big Show vs Nash since they never did that

After all the fallout from the Royal Rumble and from CM Punk leaving the company prior to Wrestlemania 30 here is what I feel now of what WWE will have for there wresting card for the event.

The Wrestlemania Kick-off Matches

1. Darren Young vs Titus O'Neal 7 Minutes

2. R-Truth/Xavier Woods vs Rybaxel vs Los Matadores vs 3MB
Fatal Four Way Tag Team Elimination Match
for #1 Contenders of WWE Tag Team Championship 11 Minutes

Wrestlemania 30

Opening Match
1. Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns
Triple Threat Match
United States Championship Match

2. Money in the Bank Match
Damien Sandow vs Fandango vs Titus O'Neal vs Bad News Barrett vs Curtis Axel
Dolph Ziggler vs Christian vs The Miz vs Kofi Kingston vs Rob Van Dam

3. Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio
Mask vs Hair Match

4. The New Age Outlaws vs The Usos vs The Real Americans vs The Wyatt Family
Fatal Four Way Corners Match
WWE Tag Team Championship Match

5. Big E Langston vs Sheamus
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

6. Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
Brother vs Brother
Career Threatening Match
Loser Must Leave or Retire from WWE

7. AJ Lee vs Brie Bella
Lumberjill WWE Championship Match

8. BRAY WYATT VS JOHN CENA
HELL IN THE CELL MATCH

9. Ryback vs The Ultimate Warrior

10. WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
BATISTA VS RANDY ORTON
SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE: Ric Flair

11. BROCK LESNAR VS THE UNDERTAKER
STREAK MATCH
NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH

12. DANIEL BRYAN VS TRIPLE H
YES MOVEMENT VS THE AUTHORITY

Well, Here's my Updated Card, given the CM Punk situation. I'm going to make it an 11 card match. Not the way I would book it, but what I see happening.

Pre Show
Antonio Cessaro vs Jack Swagger

Tag Team Title Fatal Four Way
The New Age Outlaws vs The Brotherhood vs The Uso's vs Wyatts

Power vs Power
Ultimate Warrior vs Ryback

Intercontinental/US Unification
Big E vs Dean Amrose

Rising Stars
Titus O'neil vs Roman Reigns

Death of Sin Cara
Rey Mysterio vs in Cara

Filler Match
Y2J vs Alberto Del Rio

Future IC Title Shot
Rollins vs Sandow vs Ziggler vs Kofi vs Fandango vs Christian vs Darren Young vs Barrett

Streak
Undertaker vs Brock lesnar

Possible Show stealer
Bray Wyatt vs John Cena

WWE WHC
Daniel Bryan vs Batista vs RKO

WWE really needs to scrap their current plans and go a different direction for WrestleMania 30, cause the current plans suck...

here's my card:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
Brock Lesnar vs. Batista

John Cena vs. Undertaker

Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan

Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

Chris Jericho vs. Alberto Del Rio

Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes

Triple Threat Match for the United States Championship:
Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

Fatal 4-Way Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship:
New Age Outlaws vs. The Uso's vs. Big Show & Rey Mysterio vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan

10-Man Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship:
Big E Langston vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Christian vs. Damien Sandow vs. Dolph Ziggler vs.
Fandango vs. Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Bad News Barrett

that would be an incredible line-up and gets EVERYONE a spot on the card

I'm against Orton VS Batista 100%, and I'm hoping WWE will change their minds on this match. The heckling and booing for Orton VS Cena at the Rumble and Batista's Rumble win is just the tip of the iceberg, if WWE keeps Batista as the #1 contender, and Orton as the WWE WHC Champion. If Vince and WWE are too stubborn and hell bent on having Orton VS Batista in the title match, then they're going to have 70,000 or 80,000+ fans chanting "YES!" at the top of their lungs, and everyone will take a massive diarrhea dump on that match.

If Orton and Batista had good or great matches in the past, then I wouldn't care too much about this match up. From what I remember, Batista and Orton had a bunch of mediocre and forgettable encounters in the past. And if I'm using his time in the Rumble as a measuring stick, Batista is not in ring shape, and it's painfully obvious.

So with Punk gone and WWE seemingly unwilling to change the WWE title match, I'd say things are looking like this.

WWE World title match
Orton vs Batista

The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Triple H vs Daniel Bryan

US title triple threat match
Ambrose vs Rollins vs Reigns

Sheamus vs Kane

WWE tag team title Four corners match
New Age Outlaws vs Usos vs Real Americans vs Rey & Show

There'll probably be a Divas title match on there, most likely a lumberjill match so all the Total Divas can stand around at ringside while one of them beats AJ. I also think they'll try and get Big E on the card somehow, but he might have to settle for a pre show title defense against Dolph or Miz.

PWTorch's Wade Keller has posted an audio update mainly in regards to the situation ongoing in WWE.

He has spoken and said that WWE have planned for "all-day creative meetings" today and tomorrow as a result of recent events within the company. Everything started on Sunday with Daniel Bryan reactions louder than ever in the reaction that Batista got to winning the Rumble match. This was followed up by Randy Orton & Batista receiving next to no reaction on Raw as well as Daniel Bryan's loud and vocal following.

Of course, the story of CM Punk's departure has also meant Daniel Bryan has been put onto a storyline with Triple H. However, these new creative meetings that WWE staff have reportedly been in today and tomorrow could mean that by the end of those meetings, storylines for Wrestlemania 30 could have been turned on its head and changed.

WWE are needing to put their heads together to plan out how to sort the Batista win out at Wrestlemania whilst keeping fans happy with Daniel Bryan and remembering that Batista vs Orton is set to main event Wrestlemania when the crowds are barely invested into the feud and not forgetting the ongoing saga of Phil Brooks aka CM Punk.

There is alot of work for WWE to do.

source: wrestlingnewssource.com

I really, REALLY hope WWE scraps all of their current WrestleMania plans, and gives us a better card than what is rumored...I'm NOT interested in Cena/Bray and Orton/Batista whatsoever...

This was my card I posted back in October for Mania 30:

1. WWE US/IC TITLE UNIFICATION LADDER MATCH
DEAN AMBROSE VS BIG E LANGSTON VS BRAY WYATT VS THE MIZ VS SETH ROLLINS VS KOFI KINGSTON VS ALBERTO DEL RIOS VSDOLPH ZIGGLER

2. BROTHERHOOD RHODES FAMILY MATCH
CODY RHODES VS GOLDUST (special referee Dusty Rhodes)

3. ROMAN REIGNS VS BATISTA

PIPERS PIT: RODDY PIPER interviews HULK HOGAN

4. WWE TAG TEAM TITLES FATAL FOUR WAY
THE USOS VS REAL AMERICANS VS PRIME TIME PLAYERS VS HARPER AND ROWAN

5. THE STREAK
UNDERTAKER VS SHEAMUS

HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2014 INDUCTEES INTORDUCED TO CROWD

6. BROCK LESNAR VS RANDY ORTON

7. WWE DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
AJ LEE VS NATALYA NEIDHART

8. CM PUNK VS TRIPLE H

9. 30 YEARS OF WRESTLEMANIA BATTLE ROYALE
Featuring guys not already in matches like DAMIEN SANDOW,BIG SHOW, KANE, REY MYSTERIO, BRODUS CLAY, SANTINO MARELLA, TENSAI, ZACH RYDER, RYBACK, FANDANGO, CURTIS AXEL, BAD NEWS BARRETT, SIN CARA and a stack of former WWE Legends who have performed at Wrestlemania such as DEMOLITION, PAUL ORNDORFF, RICK MARTEL, TITO SANTANA, ULTIMATE WARRIOR plus returning guys like possibly CHRIS JERICHO, ROB VAN DAM

10. WWE WORL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
JOHN CENA VS DANIEL BRYAN

Based on current booking, and people leaving the company/tag teams breaking up, it really isnt looking very much like happening.
Im hoping it is more something like this now:

DANIEL BRYAN VS TRIPLE H CM PUNK RETURNS AND A RUN-IN TO ASSIST BRYAN IN WINNING
JOHN CENA VS BRAY WYATT
UNDERTAKER VS SHEAMUS
RANDY ORTON VS BROCK LESNAR VS BATISTA WWE TITLE MATCH
CODY RHODES VS GOLDUST
ROMAN REIGNS VS RYBACK
DEAN AMBROSE VS BIG E LANGSTON VS ANTONIO CESARO VS THE MIZ VS SETH ROLLINS VS KOFI KINGSTON VS ALBERTO DEL RIO VS DOLPH ZIGGLER (UNIFIED IC-US TITLE LADDER MATCH)
NEW AGE OUTLAWS VS THE USOS WITH RIKISHI (WWE TAG BELTS)
AJ LEE VS NATTIE NEIDHART (DIVAS TITLE)
30 YEARS OF MANIA BATTLE ROYALE WITH LEGENDS and current stars who arent in matches already

WrestleMania 30 Matches that I would of hope for before all this mess happen...

Brother Match
Goldust vs Cody Rhoades

Intercontinental Championship
Big E(champ) vs Del Rio vs Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler

Tag Team Championship and United States Championship Match (TLC Match)
The Shield (Champions) vs The Wyatt Family
(The Wyatt family wins the titles. The Shield next night on Raw falls apart. Shield has a thriple threat match at Extreme Rules and Roman wins.)

(Beast vs Animal vs Viper)
Brock Lesnar vs Batista vs Randy Orton

Triple H vs John Cena

Undertaker vs Sting
(Undertaker wins, next night on Raw. Sting and Undertaker shakes hands. The Wyatt Family comes in fights them. Sting and Undertaker clears ring, Extreme Rules; Sting and Undertaker vs The Wyatt Family. Sting and Undertaker wins, Undertaker gets hurt and is written off WWE.)

WWE World Title
CM Punk (champ) vs Daniel Bryan
(CM Punk wins. next night on Raw. Daniel Bryan tells CM Punk a Submission match at Extreme Rules in Daniel hometown, DB wins with the yes lock, crowd chants "yes".

WrestleMania XXX Guest Host: "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan

Triple Threat Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
"The Viper" Randy Orton vs. "The Animal" Batista vs. "The Beast" Brock Lesnar

John Cena vs. Undertaker

Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan
(if Daniel Bryan wins, he gets a WWE World Title Match at Extreme Rules)

Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes

those matches should happen at WrestleMania XXX!!! c'mon WWE, BOOK IT!!!

With recent developments in the company, it looks like CM Punk will not be at Mania, affecting the card significantly. Here's how I think the card will look:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. Brock Lesnar
Not what I personally want to see in the main event, but this looks like the direction the company is going in. Orton retains in the Chamber, while Heyman somehow manages to muscle in on the main event. It has been reported that Brock will have a run with the belt at some point during his current run, but I see that coming around Summerslam time. Batista to pick up the win here, although I expect that the crowd will be vocal about Bryan not being in the main event in some capacity.

The Streak Match
The Undertaker vs. Daniel Bryan
I think that Bryan will win the belt at Extreme Rules or at a PPV not long after Wrestlemania, but this will be creative's way of putting Bryan at the top of the card to keep fans happy. Reports say that he's currently pencilled in to face Triple H as part of the Authority storyline, but with the rumoured creative meetings to evaluate the Mania plans, I see it changing. It has been reported that Taker would work with Bryan and the story could be simple; Bryan only wants one thing other than being in the title match: to take on The Undertaker. It should be up to Taker to decide if and when The Streak ends, and Bryan is a prime candidate.

Sheamus vs. Triple H
As mentioned above, I think current plans will change to see Sheamus slot right in where Bryan is heading and where Punk was heading. Some sort of stipulation to do with Triple H leaving his position as COO if he loses here.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (w/ Luke Harper and Erick Rowan)
It looks like this match is the only lock for Mania as of yet. I'd love to see Bray go over, but you can never be sure with Cena in the mix.

Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust (w/ Dusty Rhodes as Special Referee)
It seems as though this match is being built towards after Cody and Goldust dropped the titles to the New Age Outlaws at Royal Rumble. Personally, I see Goldust as the heel here, perhaps playing on jealousy or whatever. Could be a show-stealer. Goldust to put Cody over here.

United States Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns
This is on most people's predictions but, unlike most of them, I have Ambrose down to keep the belt. I read somewhere that it's being considered that a member of the NXT roster such as Mason Ryan could debut as Reigns' replacement. This could happen during this match. Reigns is in control and, with Rollins down on the outside, sets up for the spear on Ambrose. Someone emerges from the crowd and attacks Reigns, allowing Ambrose to get the win. Rollins sided with Ambrose throughout the match, keeping him part of The Shield. Reigns picks the belt up at Extreme Rules in a cage match while possibly Mason Ryan and Seth Rollins are put back into the Tag Title picture.

Intercontinental Championship - Ladder Match
Big E Langston (c) vs. Fandango vs. Damien Sandow vs. Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Alexander Rusev vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler
I think its the perfect time to bring Money in the Bank back to Mania but, aside from a late change of heart from creative, this would be fine in its place. It also helps get a lot of talent on the card that would be otherwise left out. Rusev goes on a path of destruction leading up to Mania and wins his qualifying match in something like thirty seconds against Sin Cara or someone. He doesn't win, but puts in a great showing with some powerful spots. Notice that this continues the Real Americans storyline, where Cesaro keeps winning with Swagger losing (a la Elimination Chamber qualificatioin). Big E to keep the belt here.

Tag Team Championships
New Age Outlaws (c) vs. The Usos vs. Big Show and Rey Mysterio vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel
This match will be where The Usos finally get the win they deserve. Cody and Goldust lose again at Elimination Chamber to the Outlaws. At some point, all these teams claim to be No. 1 Contender, leading to this match.

Diva's Championship - Lumberjill Match
AJ Lee (c) vs. Natalya
AJ needs to drop the belt soon, because her run with it has become stale, in my opinion. This could be the story of Total Divas vs. The Other Divas, with Natalya picking up the win.

Pre Show

30 Years Of Wrestlemania Battle Royal
This is just one of those gimmick matches that Vince will not leave off the card. Don't be suprised to see this on the main card, with the Tag Team match relegated to the Pre Show. Let someone like Santino win it or a returning legend perhaps. Does anyone really care?

Bad News Barrett vs. Mark Henry
Barrett targets Henry with his 'Bad News' segments leading to this match. Barrett to win this one.

Notable Absentees:

Kofi Kingston: Simply couldn't find a place on the card for him. Perhaps throw him in the Battle Royal or take someone out of the ladder match for some good spots.

The Miz: See above. Except, don't put him in a match. Put him on the kick off panel or on commentary for the pre show.

Titus O'Neil: Seems to be heading for a push after splitting with Darren Young. Just couldn't find him a place on the card. Maybe he and Young face off on the pre show? Could have three matches on it if they're relatively short. It is Wrestlemania after all.

Anyway, that's my card.

My updated Mania card with the assumption the the Punk situation is a work and he will be back for Mania.

IC Title Match:

Big E Langston (c) v Bad News Barrett

Divas Title Match:

AJ (c) v Naomi

Tag Team Title Match:

New Age Outlaws (c) v The Usos

Cody Rhodes v Goldust

Triple Threat US Title Match:

Dean Ambrose (c) v Seth Rollins v Roman Reigns

John Cena v Bray Wyatt

CM Punk (heel) v Daniel Bryan

Streak Match:

The Undertaker v Brock Lesnar

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match:

Randy Orton (c) v Batista

This is how I see the card playing out, even though I don't agree with all of the matches. And this is the order I would put them in as well. I've put an asterisk next to the winner of each match.

Pre-Show

20-Man Battle Royal (Winner receives future WWE WHC match): Christian, Fandango, Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, Jack Swagger, Mark Henry*, Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Zack Ryder, Darren Young, Titus O'Neil, Brodus Clay, Xavier Woods, R-Truth, Curtis Axel, Evan Bourne, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, Great Khali, Santino

Divas Championship: AJ Lee (c)* vs. Tamina Snuka

WrestleMania XXX Main Card

Rob Van Dam* vs. Kofi Kingston

Sheamus* vs. Kane

Tag Team Title Fatal 4-Way Ladder Match: New Age Outlaws (c) vs. The Usos* vs. Big Show & Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz & Dolph Ziggler

Career Match: Cody Rhodes* vs. Goldust

Ultimate Warrior* vs. Ryback

Intercontinental Championship: Big E Langston (c) vs. Antonio Cesaro*

Chris Jericho vs. Bad News Barrett*

Handicap Match: Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns*

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt*

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista*

Daniel Bryan* vs. Triple H

The Undertaker* vs. Brock Lesnar

I need to make some edits to my card thanks to the crybaby quitting.

Ok, fantasy booking with at least an element of reality and trying to make watchable TV:

Big E. Langston v. Ambrose v. Bray - Title Unification Winner - Big E. Langston

NAO v. The Usos – Tag Championships Winners – The Usos

Shield v Wyatts Winners - Wyatts

AJ v. Anyone - Diva's match Winner - Doesn't Matter

Still just me fantasy booking this match:
Real Americans v. Y2J and Piper - Winner - Y2J and Piper (ft. Hogan)

Piper's Pit featuring Y2J and his return a few weeks before 'Mania. As Y2J gets into the ring, he and Piper shake hands, etc. Then the Real Americans entrance hits. Zeb Coulter comes out as Jack and Caesaro stand on the ramp. Zeb cuts a promo about Y2J and Piper being Canadians, and how Progressive ideology from Canada is perverting American politics. The RA and Zeb start making their way to the ring. Jericho and Piper look at each other as the RA get into the ring, and the two groups start brawling. The faces toss the RA out. The next week on Raw, Jericho cuts a promo on the RA being a bunch of ignorant a-holes, etc. Go Home Raw sees the RA standing over Jericho and Piper. Tag match at 'Mania, Jericho gets a chair shot when the ref is distracted, barely gets the tag to Piper. The RA start squashing Piper, and Piper beckons to the backstage. All of the sudden, "I am a Real American" starts playing. Out comes Hogan, in red and yellow. He makes to the ring, ducks a tag team clothesline, off the ropes, into a double clothesline. Jack and Antonio are lying next to each other in the ring. Hogan does the ear thing to the crowd, does a leg drop onto both RA, and drags Piper over for the pin. Then Y2J, Hogan, Piper all celebrate in the Ring. Hogan promos about what being a "Real American" means, while his Real American music is playing.

More fantasy booking:
Cody v. Goldust - Rhodes Family Legacy - Ladder Match Winner – Cody Rhodes

Have Goldust and Cody begin arguing, bickering, shoving, etc. for a few weeks like they’re losing their chemistry. Have Dusty basically tell them on the Raw after EC that he's so proud of his sons, but there can only be one true heir in the family. He says that everyone knows that their name is Runnels, but the Rhodes is what they are. But he can only give the title of the new American Dream, the new Rhodes Family Legacy Heir to one of his sons. But he doesn’t want to make that choice, so they’re going to figure it out on their own. At ‘Mania. In a ladder match. Basic Ladder Match, great work, high spot is a Cross Rhodes off of the top of two ladders, maybe a non-botched moonsault. Cody goes over.

Lesnar v. Batista v. Orton – Triple Threat for the WWHC Winner – Batista

HHH v. Bryan Winner - HHH, screwjob

And my final fantasy booking match:
Cena v. Undertaker – Streak v. Pride Winner – ‘Taker

This doesn’t even take any suspension of disbelief in booking. There’s only one person that could tolerate the Real Heat that will come from defeating Taker. Everyone that understands kayfabe and RL understands that it’s quite possible that Cena will end the streak, causing this to be the first time since the Streak became a thing that people think that it might be ended. Cena, not the champion after the Rumble or the #1 contender after EC, decides that since he lost the match at RR, and since he didn’t (couldn’t) win the actual Rumble match or the EC match, that he has to set his sights higher. He calls out ‘Taker, but ‘Taker doesn’t respond. Suddenly, the lights go out, then come back on, ‘Taker is behind Cena. Cena turns around right into a chokeslam. The next several weeks see Cena being attacked. The Undertaker is ruthless. The Undertaker cuts a promo on the Go Home Raw stating that he’s sick and tired of being called out for the Streak, and that it’s about time that he laid this whole Streak thing to rest right now. He doesn’t care about a Streak, he just cares about sending his opponents to Hell. Cena’s music hits, and ‘Taker tells them to cut his music off, he wasn’t done talking. He tells Cena, you got a lot of nerve, kid, trying to cut me short. I watch you come out here and try and promo on people every PPV, but this time it isn’t happening. At ‘Mania you will REST….. IN..... PEACE…. Taker wins this, several false finishes, a solid 30 minute match. Typically great ‘Taker match, great Cena match. After ‘Taker wins, he picks Cena up, gives him the respect cuff on the head, and then falls back out of the ring, like always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back