CM Punk & WrestleMania XXX

I think that WrestleMania XXX will be the culmination of CM Punk winning back the WWE Title. I fully expect Punk to win the Rumble (probably as an early entrant like numbers 1-5) and go onto Mania and win the title. I don't expect Cena to be involved in the title match at Mania as I can see him involved with either Taker, or in the possible McMahon/Helmsley power struggle. That leaves Bryan and Orton left as possible opponents.

I see Punk challenging whichever one of them is the champ, or it could even be a triple threat match.

If the Austin vs Punk match doesnt happen (which I dont think it will) Punk vs Bryan in an Iron Man match is where they should go. IMO I think Bryan is in the ME of Summerslam to not only see how well he does (obviously he will do well) but to see how over he is facing off against Cena AND how well the PPV buys do (obviously Punk and Lesnar will help with that as well). If he is over more than Cena with the crowd (which I think he will be) and the PPV buys are good (I think over 400,000) then I think that he "passes" to Vince and Vince will be open to booking Bryan vs Punk in the ME of WM30. Book them in an iron man match plus of course Lesnar, Taker, possibly The Rock being involved with the card and you have one of if not the highest grossing WM of all time.

Austin vs. Punk would be amazing for the nostalgia factor and it would be something we remember forever, then there is the potential for a CM Punk/Daniel Bryan match. These two would step it up for the grandest stage of them all, and it's another match that could end up being legendary. I love Austin, but in terms of quality I'm leaning towards wanting Bryan/CM Punk.

why would you ever do an iron man match? The reason it worked at 12 is because the roster wasn't stacked. I'd like to see it, but not at Mania. DB vs Punk wouldn't be bad, but it wouldn't close the show. Punk/Austin is what I want to see. I really don't care if Austin can't go as hard. They know how to work a match.

I wouldn't mind Punk/Lesnar II and honestly also Cena/DB II. Lots of options this year. I prefer Punk as a heel though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back