Wrestlemania XXX Aftermath & Discussion

I don't understand why WWE consistently drops the ball on compelling, refreshing, and obvious storylines/feuds/matches, but these are my choices if I had it my way:

Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes in a Texas Bullrope Match w/ Dusty Rhodes as Special Enforcer
Well it's good that a match between them is likely to happen, I just think adding a little southern flair would distinguish it more from the rest of the card. Adding their HOF father couldn't hurt.

Ultimate Warrior vs. Ryback
This should be a special moment. Warrior back for one night only (technically two nights only w/ the HOF) in WWE is mind-blowing. Wouldn't mine if it was a complete squash match, as Ryback has looked weak for quite sometime now. They're both horrible ring technicians anyway. It would funny if Ryback squashed Gillberg in the weeks leading up to this on Raw, to tease a Goldberg return. Then suddenly, BOOM, Ultimate Warrior's music hits.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
This is one match that WWE has gotten right so far (the rest of the card after this, I have a feeling, they are going to screw up). But I like this match a lot, as both don't really fit anywhere else on the card right now. And it's refreshing to see Cena out of the main event picture for the time being. It's two complete opposite types fighting each other too.

Undertaker vs. The Shield
Lesnar is just TOO physical for Taker and likely won't put in the extra hours to rehearse a match with him, as Taker likes to orchestrate nicely as of late. (Plus they ALREADY had an excellent feud in 2002-2003 and an excellent Hell in a Cell match in 2002, isn't this redundant and overkill at this point?) Anyway, this handicap match makes perfect sense for a few reasons: 1) They took out Taker after Wrestlemania last year and he hasn't been seen since. Taker already fought them in a six-man tag match and even Ambrose in a singles match. The feud is already there! It's so obvious! 2) Word is that The Shield will be breaking up soon... a loss to Taker could be a seed to further their demise as a team. Possibility even with miscommunication amongst them leading to their loss to the Deadman. It practically writes itself! 3) It's fresh and a different type of WM match for Taker! Also, he won't have to do a lot of the work, as there'll be a couple more extra guys in the ring than normal. Maybe Sting can look on from the rafters, teasing a WM match between them next year.

Batista vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman
I always thought Batista was limited, at best, in the ring and on the mic. But the ONLY thing he can be good for, to me, is for a match with Brock. Imagine the physicality of that! Maybe a match with Sheamus, Roman Reigns, and maybe an Evolution reunion down the road. Don't care to see too much out of him besides that, he's immensely overrated.

Randy Orton defends the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Daniel Bryan
This is probably the least likely match at this point, seeing as someone had the ridiculous idea to put Batista in the title match right off the bat. But WWE should right the wrong and end this Authority vs. YES! feud that started all the way back a Summerslam. Would be such a perfect culmination... and by popular demand! The fans wanted it so much they hijacked the show and ruined their Royal Rumble ppv. This would be history in the making.

The attitude era started with Stone Cold at WMXIV, the PG was mainly John Cena being a superhero, selling lots of merch to the kiddos, and setting records with the Make-a-Wish Foundation... the YES! era (the era where the fans are truly interactive, i.e. WWE Network, internet, hijacking the show if necessary) can start at WMXXX with Daniel Bryan.

Sorry if it sounded like I was kissing a little too much Daniel Bryan ass, but why not think big? The message from the fans, and sign of the times w/ WWE Network, are abundantly clear to me. Also, maybe a spirited Piper's Pit, Hogan hosting the entire show, a MITB match, maybe a tag team title match, and maybe an intercontinental title match too. Add all that and you got the best WMXXX you can get at this point (well being realistic and not taking too many leaps of faith).

I don't understand why WWE consistently drops the ball on compelling, refreshing, and obvious storylines/feuds/matches, but these are my choices if I had it my way:

Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes in a Texas Bullrope Match w/ Dusty Rhodes as Special Enforcer
Well it's good that a match between them is likely to happen, I just think adding a little southern flair would distinguish it more from the rest of the card. Adding their HOF father couldn't hurt.

This should be a special moment. Warrior back for one night only (technically two nights only w/ the HOF) in WWE is mind-blowing. Wouldn't mine if it was a complete squash match, as Ryback has looked weak for quite sometime now. They're both horrible ring technicians anyway. It would funny if Ryback squashed Gillberg in the weeks leading up to this on Raw, to tease a Goldberg return. Then suddenly, BOOM, Ultimate Warrior's music hits.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
This is one match that WWE has gotten right so far (the rest of the card after this, I have a feeling, they are going to screw up). But I like this match a lot, as both don't really fit anywhere else on the card right now. And it's refreshing to see Cena out of the main event picture for the time being. It's two complete opposite types fighting each other too.

Lesnar is just TOO physical for Taker and likely won't put in the extra hours to rehearse a match with him, as Taker likes to orchestrate nicely as of late. (Plus they ALREADY had an excellent feud in 2002-2003 and an excellent Hell in a Cell match in 2002, isn't this redundant and overkill at this point?) Anyway, this handicap match makes perfect sense for a few reasons: 1) They took out Taker after Wrestlemania last year and he hasn't been seen since. Taker already fought them in a six-man tag match and even Ambrose in a singles match. The feud is already there! It's so obvious! 2) Word is that The Shield will be breaking up soon... a loss to Taker could be a seed to further their demise as a team. Possibility even with miscommunication amongst them leading to their loss to the Deadman. It practically writes itself! 3) It's fresh and a different type of WM match for Taker! Also, he won't have to do a lot of the work, as there'll be a couple more extra guys in the ring than normal. Maybe Sting can look on from the rafters, teasing a WM match between them next year.

I always thought Batista was limited, at best, in the ring and on the mic. But the ONLY thing he can be good for, to me, is for a match with Brock. Imagine the physicality of that! Maybe a match with Sheamus, Roman Reigns, and maybe an Evolution reunion down the road. Don't care to see too much out of him besides that, he's immensely overrated.

This is probably the least likely match at this point, seeing as someone had the ridiculous idea to put Batista in the title match right off the bat (in which case they could just have Brock/Batista be the championship match -having Brock win it at the Elimination Chamber ppv by attacking Christian and barricading himself in one of the pods- and have Bryan fight Triple H instead if that's the case). But WWE should right the wrong and end this Authority vs. YES! feud that started all the way back a Summerslam. Would be such a perfect culmination... and by popular demand! The fans wanted it so much they hijacked the show and ruined their Royal Rumble ppv. This would be history in the making.

The attitude era started with Stone Cold at WMXIV, the PG was mainly John Cena being a superhero, selling lots of merch to the kiddos, and setting records with the Make-a-Wish Foundation... the YES! era (the era where the fans are truly interactive, i.e. WWE Network, internet, hijacking the show if necessary) can start at WMXXX with Daniel Bryan.

Sorry if it sounded like I was kissing a little too much Daniel Bryan ass, but why not think big? The message from the fans, and sign of the times w/ WWE Network, are abundantly clear to me. Also, maybe a spirited Piper's Pit, Hogan hosting the entire show, a MITB match, maybe a tag team title match, and maybe an intercontinental title match too. Add all that and you got the best WMXXX you can get at this point (well being realistic and not taking too many leaps of faith).

Well my show would be similar only a couple things would be changed.

Taker vs Bryan would be my main event. It would be the biggest match of the night and it's even bigger than the WWE WHC match imo. Either ending makes the fans happy imo. Some will be mad either way but it almost has that Warrior vs Hogan feel to me. I think it will catapult DB either way and it's the ONLY way I see this Taker match living up to the past few. Plus the storyline is built in, Triple H doesn't believe in DB, what better way to prove to Trips that he's the face of the WWE than to beat the man NO ONE else has been able to beat at WM.

Lesnar vs Batista vs Orton- You worry about this being hijacked, I don't if Bryan gets the moment with Taker. Fans will see that match for what it is, a less important match than the Streak. It won't be hijacked and the fans might actually get to enjoy this match instead of just pissing on it.

Triple H vs Reigns- this one just came out as a rumor but I love it. I think Reigns gets a rub either way, and I actually think he goes over Triple H here. I really do.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

This is probably the least likely match at this point, seeing as someone had the ridiculous idea to put Batista in the title match right off the bat. But WWE should right the wrong and end this Authority vs. YES! feud that started all the way back a Summerslam. Would be such a perfect culmination... and by popular demand! The fans wanted it so much they hijacked the show and ruined their Royal Rumble ppv. This would be history in the making.

This is one of the greatest Wrestlemania Cards I have seen to date, I would LOVE to see most of those matches and I see some of them happening.

Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes has been in the works for a while now, that will be a great match, their tag matches are often Best of the Night in my opinion. Funny to see Goldust, Road Dogg and Billy Gun (and Cody) but 3 of the old attitude era guys ripping the roof off a PPV (preshow) or Raw/ Smackdown.

Cena vs. Wyatt will be good, they set that up @ the Rumble, looking forward to that, not sure what is in store for the Wyatt family but nice to see Cena away from the WWE title hunt.

Ultimate Warrior, I think 5% chance he will wrestle but if he does I'd like to see him against Sheamus.

Undertaker vs. all 3 members of the Shield, that would be something Different and incredible to see Taker pull it off. Another option is I could see the Shield having a tripple threat match against each other starting their singles careers. If that is the case, then hurry and bring in String vs. Taker for WM 30, would be nice if they brought Sting in during Paul Bearer HOF induction/ announcement soon.

Ryback vs. Goldberg is a match that has been talked about since Ryaback's debut, again I think 5% chance Goldberg will wrestle but he does want to wrestle in front of his kid + it would be a paycheck.

Batista vs. Brock will be good, I would much rather see that than Batista vs. Orton. Same goes for Bryan vs. Orton for the title, I think the fans want to see him in the main event, if Bryan is not it may take away from Mania and be a let down.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs Batista vs Brock Lesnar
How do we put Lesnar into the main event??? HHH has an agreement that if Lesnar can help The Authority at EC he gets added to the main event at WrestleMania.

No Disqualification
Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose
The Undertaker returns to avenge his attack by The Shield last year, Ambrose steps forward to attempt to end the streak. We know Undertaker's body is falling apart, making it a No DQ makes for the rest of The Shield to interrupt.

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
We seen the first interaction at RR & WWE can play off this. Cena isn't in the main event picture and The Wyatt's are getting a push.

Daniel Bryan vs HHH
Daniel Bryan after another loss due to The Authority at Elimination Chamber decides it's best to "cut the head of the snake" which is The Authority.

Intercontinental Championship
Big E Langston (c) vs Roman Reigns
Reigns becomes No. 1 contender on Raw shortly after EC. Reigns wins then this builds up to Champ (Reigns) vs Champ (Ambrose).

World Tag-Team Titles
New Age Outlaws (c) vs Luke Harper/Erick Rowan
With The Wyatt Family getting a push, it makes sense for Harper/Rowan to get a match at WM. The Outlaws run is to eventually put a team over, why not the Wyatt's.

Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
This has been rumoured for a while, have them shake hands after the match & get their WM moment.

Roman Reigns /w/ Mr. McMahon vs Triple H (Control of the WWE)
/w/ SCSA as ref.
Mason Ryan returns screwing Reigns joining The Shield.This story starts after Ambrose cost him and Rollins the match at EC to the Wyatts.He brawls with Ambrose Rollins tries to stop it but gets pushed and he joins the brawl.The next night on Raw he calls out Rollins and Ambrose to a match at Mania.Triple H comes out and tells him it doesn't scream WrestleMania.Reigns goes off and tells him give me a match with them at WrestleMania or I'll kick your ass.Triple H tells him okay in our main event you will face them both in the main event in a handicapped match and if you lose your fired and the spear is banned.He uses the superman punch but gets a 2 count and snaps and spears them both.Triple H fires him and he beats up Triple H bloody and leaves.The next week Mr.McMahon confronts Triple H tells him he is out of control.He tells Hunter this is my company.Trips cut him off he tells him it's my company now and pedigree's him.The next Vince say's he went over his head the board say's that at WrestleMania it will be you vs. a person of my choosing at WrestleMania to determine the boss.Triple H say's who you gonna pick Shane.Vince say's no him Trips turn around to a spear from Reigns.The next week Ambrose and Rollins got him surrounded then (Glass shatter ) SCSA returns and claims it ain't going to go down like that Ryan would cost him the match.SCSA stuns Ryan after the match pissed off.Reigns would feud with Ryan and The New Shield for 2 or 3 months before picking up his feud with Triple H at Summerslam.

Bray Wyatt vs John Cena
Bray trying to get Cena to turn heel and follow the buzzards telling him what does he have to lose in the eyes of the fans he is already a villain.Cena turns heel at Mania but turns face again around Summerslam in a rematch.They can have the story be that that's why he was losing every ppv match lately because the fans wouldn't let him win even when he tried.Cena can then turn heel again around WrestleMania 31 to feud with Reigns for the title.

Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
Lesnar beats someone down on Raw (Gong) Taker chokeslams him and kneels down at the WrestleMania sign and points to it.

Dave Batista vs. Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan WWE Hevayweight title (To determine who is the "face" of the WWE until Reigns is ready of course
Bryan could win the title at EC,Batista comes out Batista Bombs him turning heel.Randy comes out complaining as usual Stephanie claims he's been replaced Batista comes on stage takes a running knee from Bryan he goes after Orton and hits a runningknee.

Sheamus vs. Kane Sheamus saves Bryan from Kane.He tries to get Kane to be the monster again.

Ryback vs Big Show (Ryback claims he is the new legend killer and he will prove it he set his sights on Show starting a feud with him.We already know they can put on a good match.They had match of the night on Raw once.)

Big E. Langston vs Mark Henry IC Title (Monday Henry returns confronting Big E. for not having his back beats him up.A match is scheduled between the two on SD but Henry walks away.At EC they are suppose to face off again but it goes to another no-contest this time with a brawl.)

Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust /w/ Dusty as ref (Goldust career on the line)
Goldust snaps on his brother for costing him the titles 3 times and costing him much needed redemptions.Dust tells him if he loses maybe he doesn't have it anymore and should retire.

The Uso's /w/ Rikishi vs. The New Age Outlaws /w/ X-pac WWE Tag Titles

Rollins/Ambrose vs. Christian/RVD /w/ Edge and Booker T (Rollins and Ambrose calls out 2 legends for mania accepted by RVD and Christian

AJ Lee vs. Tamina Snka /w/ Jimmy Snuka Diva's title
(Tamina snaps on AJ)

Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara (Friendly battle)

Cesaro vs Swagger (to determine who is better)

Hulk Hogan as host has a moment /w/ Cena,Austin and Rock

Pre-Show Ric Flair,Brett Hart,HBK legends panel

Darren Young vs. Titus O'Neil

30 years of WrestleMania (All Era's battle royal)

Roman Reigns /w/ Mr. McMahon vs Triple H (Control of the WWE)
/w/ SCSA as ref.
Mason Ryan returns screwing Reigns joining The Shield.This story starts after Ambrose cost him and Rollins the match at EC to the Wyatts.He brawls with Ambrose Rollins tries to stop it but gets pushed and he joins the brawl.The next night on Raw he calls out Rollins and Ambrose to a match at Mania.Triple H comes out and tells him it doesn't scream WrestleMania.Reigns goes off and tells him give me a match with them at WrestleMania or I'll kick your ass.Triple H tells him okay in our main event you will face them both in the main event in a handicapped match and if you lose your fired and the spear is banned.He uses the superman punch but gets a 2 count and snaps and spears them both.Triple H fires him and he beats up Triple H bloody and leaves.The next week Mr.McMahon confronts Triple H tells him he is out of control.He tells Hunter this is my company.Trips cut him off he tells him it's my company now and pedigree's him.The next Vince say's he went over his head the board say's that at WrestleMania it will be you vs. a person of my choosing at WrestleMania to determine the boss.Triple H say's who you gonna pick Shane.Vince say's no him Trips turn around to a spear from Reigns.The next week Ambrose and Rollins got him surrounded then (Glass shatter ) SCSA returns and claims it ain't going to go down like that Ryan would cost him the match.SCSA stuns Ryan after the match pissed off.Reigns would feud with Ryan and The New Shield for 2 or 3 months before picking up his feud with Triple H at Summerslam.

If we're doing a 'For Control of the WWE type match, I think The Shield w/ Mr. McMahon vs. Evolution w/ Ric Flair would be more interesting. A reunion would make it special and none of the like has happen yet. (totally possible too) The rest could probably fit into that scenario.

Ok, WWE just gave me the job of booking (and saving Mania 30).

Special Guest Host - Hulk Hogan
Who else should host this event? It is Mania 30 and despite him not being able to compete, Hogan needs to see ring time at this huge event.

WWE Title
Brock Lesnar (c) vs Batista

Lesnar turns up at Elimination Chamber and destroys Christian who is making his way down to the ring. He inserts himself into the Chamber match just like Edge did in 2009. Lesnar wins the gold from Orton and defend against Batista. This match sells the Network and overseas PPV buys. There is a worry the fans will shit on it but Lesnar and Heyman are well over and will get the support of the crowd.

Streak Match
The Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan

Triple H can save face by allowing Daniel Bryan to have a shot at the streak, something Triple H failed to do 3 times. He can insert Bryan into this match to appease Bryan and the fans. This can be built as a David vs Goliath.

At the end of this match, have Sting come out and applaud The Undertaker, planting the seeds for a Mania 31 match.

Grudge Match
John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

I cannot see Cena losing, but there are ways to make Bray Wyatt in this match. Maybe an epic spot where both men are knocked out and the match is declared a draw. Make it a 'slobberknocker'. I would love to see a Cena beat down at the end by the other Wyatts and then Hogan can make his way to the ring to make the save. Hogan can point the finger at the end and drop the leg for nostalgia reasons.

Grudge Match
Randy Orton vs Triple H

These two have a strange on screen relationship and I can see no reason why it can't reach boiling point after Orton loses the Title at Elimination Chamber. He can blame Triple H for not stopping Lesnar and that story sells itself. It would be good to get Vince involved in this somehow. Maybe cost Triple H the match.

IC Title
Big E Langston (c) vs Mark Henry

Henry returns and blames Big E Langston for not helping him when Brock broke his arm. This sets up a nice mid card fued. Langston goes over strong.

Tag Title - Fatal Four Way
New Age Outlaws (c) vs The Usos vs The Real Americans vs The Miz/Dolph Ziggler

A good way to get more people on the card and seeing Miz and Dolph tag and having a good run as champions is a way to make them both relevant again.

Grudge Match
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust

Pretty certain this is a lock. Two fueding brothers, the story sells itself. A match I would like to see because it is personal.

Team Show vs Team Sheamus
Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Christian, Kofi Kingston, RVD vs Sheamus, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Bad News Barrett, Damian Sandow.

I would turn Sheamus heel and have him fued with The Big Show. They can easily turn this into a 'Team Match' and add superstars to each side purely to get them on the Mania 30 card. Show has a team of faces and Sheamus a team of heels.

Del Rio Open Challenge
Alberto Del Rio vs Chris Jericho

Pissed after losing to Batista at Elimination Chamber, Del Rio offers an open challenge to anyone to face him at Mania 30. Mania 30 he hits the ring in his gear and opens the challenge which is accepted by Chris Jericho.

Pre Show: Divas Title
AJ Lee (c) vs Paige

The English lass is really impressive. What a way to make a splash in the WWE and win the Divas Title from AJ.

Rock vs Orton vs (Legend Killer vs Legend)
Batista /w/ Flair vs. Lesnar /w/ Heyman (Animal vs. Beast)
Cena vs Taker
SCSA vs CM Punk (WWE Championship)
HHH vs Roman Reigns
HBK vs Daniel Bryan
The Uso's /w/ Rikishi vs The New Age Outlaws /w/ X-Pac (WWE Tag Titles)
Cody vs Goldust
Ambrose and Rollins vs. Christian and Jericho /w/ Edge
Big E. Langston vs. Mark Henry (Grudge Match) (IC Title)
AJ Lee vs. Lita vs. Michelle McCool vs. Natalya (Women's title revival)
The Wyatt Family vs. Kane,Sting,Roberts

Hogan as Host

Ok, WWE just gave me the job of booking (and saving Mania 30).

Special Guest Host - Hulk Hogan
Who else should host this event? It is Mania 30 and despite him not being able to compete, Hogan needs to see ring time at this huge event.

WWE Title
Brock Lesnar (c) vs Batista

Lesnar turns up at Elimination Chamber and destroys Christian who is making his way down to the ring. He inserts himself into the Chamber match just like Edge did in 2009. Lesnar wins the gold from Orton and defend against Batista. This match sells the Network and overseas PPV buys. There is a worry the fans will shit on it but Lesnar and Heyman are well over and will get the support of the crowd.

Streak Match
The Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan

Triple H can save face by allowing Daniel Bryan to have a shot at the streak, something Triple H failed to do 3 times. He can insert Bryan into this match to appease Bryan and the fans. This can be built as a David vs Goliath.

At the end of this match, have Sting come out and applaud The Undertaker, planting the seeds for a Mania 31 match.

Grudge Match
John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

I cannot see Cena losing, but there are ways to make Bray Wyatt in this match. Maybe an epic spot where both men are knocked out and the match is declared a draw. Make it a 'slobberknocker'. I would love to see a Cena beat down at the end by the other Wyatts and then Hogan can make his way to the ring to make the save. Hogan can point the finger at the end and drop the leg for nostalgia reasons.

Grudge Match
Randy Orton vs Triple H

These two have a strange on screen relationship and I can see no reason why it can't reach boiling point after Orton loses the Title at Elimination Chamber. He can blame Triple H for not stopping Lesnar and that story sells itself. It would be good to get Vince involved in this somehow. Maybe cost Triple H the match.

IC Title

Henry returns and blames Big E Langston for not helping him when Brock broke his arm. This sets up a nice mid card fued. Langston goes over strong.

Tag Title - Fatal Four Way
New Age Outlaws (c) vs The Usos vs The Real Americans vs The Miz/Dolph Ziggler

A good way to get more people on the card and seeing Miz and Dolph tag and having a good run as champions is a way to make them both relevant again.

Grudge Match
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust

Pretty certain this is a lock. Two fueding brothers, the story sells itself. A match I would like to see because it is personal.

Team Show vs Team Sheamus
Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Christian, Kofi Kingston, RVD vs Sheamus, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Bad News Barrett, Damian Sandow.

I would turn Sheamus heel and have him fued with The Big Show. They can easily turn this into a 'Team Match' and add superstars to each side purely to get them on the Mania 30 card. Show has a team of faces and Sheamus a team of heels.

Del Rio Open Challenge
Alberto Del Rio vs Chris Jericho

Pissed after losing to Batista at Elimination Chamber, Del Rio offers an open challenge to anyone to face him at Mania 30. Mania 30 he hits the ring in his gear and opens the challenge which is accepted by Chris Jericho.

Pre Show: Divas Title
AJ Lee (c) vs Paige

The English lass is really impressive. What a way to make a splash in the WWE and win the Divas Title from AJ.

I LOVE this card but I would tweak it just a bit...I'd have Taker vs Cena and HHH vs Bryan instead, and insert Randy Orton to the title match, making it a Triple Threat, and we've got an amazing WrestleMania line-up!!

Also, before anyone calls me out on it - I forgot The Shield!!!

Triple threat for the US Championship!!!!

What I think the card will be:

WWE WHC Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs Batista
Streak Match: Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar
Grudge Match: Triple H vs Daniel Bryan
Singles Match: John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

The Card I'd book:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs Daniel Bryan

Streak Match
The Undertaker vs John Cena

No Holds Barred
Batista vs Brock Lesnar

Grudge Match:
Triple H vs CM Punk (if Punk doesn't come back, Kane takes his spot)

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Singles Match:
Sheamus vs Bray Wyatt

WWE United States Championship
Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns

WWE Tag Team Championships
Ladder Match

New Age Outlaws (c) vs The Usos vs Real Americans vs Awesome Show-Offs

Singles Match
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust

Also on the main show, I'd have a Piper's Pit Segment, in which Damien Sandow would interrupt - Stone Cold would then come out and do his thing. Hulk Hogan to host the show, after the Tag Team Championship Match, I'd have Zeb cut an angry promo about America (his usual schtick), only to have Hogan come out and clear house.

On the Pre-Show, I'd have AJ Lee vs Naomi for the WWE Divas Championship, as well as Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/30/8-dream-wrestlemania-30-matches/

Full listing for those who don't want to click the link:

Big E vs Roman Reigns for the IC Title

Jake The Snake vs Dean Ambrose for the US Title

Money In The Bank featuring Ziggler, Bray Wyatt, Big Show, Miz, Cesaro, Kofi, Sandow, Mark Henry, Seth Rollins and Jack Swagger

AJ Lee vs Stephanie McMahon

Batista vs Brock Lesnar

John Cena vs The Undertaker

Attitude Era Gimmick Battle Royal

Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton vs Triple H for the WWE Title

I don't even know what they're doing with this to be honest. So many of us have worries about the Mania card this year and they decide to dangle a dream card like that, one that most definitely could have been the card (could still be the card) in front of our face?

Top, top trolling by WWE.com here but perhaps not advisable given the current state of discontent in the Universe?

That's actually a pretty amazing WM30 card. I'd probably pay the regular $60-80 for that card. What that means is that literally not a single one of those matches is going to happen.

Why can’t they just do batista vs bryan for rumble spot then lesnar cost batista so we get

Bryan vs champ
Lesnar vs batista
Sting vs taker or cena vs taker
Triple threat for shield

Why can’t they just do batista vs bryan for rumble spot then lesnar cost batista so we get

Bryan vs champ
Lesnar vs batista
Sting vs taker or cena vs taker
Triple threat for shield

The reason for that is that WWE wants Lesnar vs Undertaker to happen at Wrestlemania.

If I could have done it I would put it that way:
John Cena vs Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker - Triple Threat Streak match.
Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan vs Batista - WWE Title
Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins - US Title
Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt {represents HHH}

Now that could be a great main event.

WWE Title: Orton vs. Batista vs. Lesnar
Undertaker vs. Cena
Bryan vs. HHH
Wyatt family vs. The Shield (stipulation match?)
Tag titles: NAO vs. Usos vs. Real Americans vs. Miz/Ziggler
Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust
Divas match
IC Title: Big E. vs. ? (pre show battle royal winner?)
Hall of Fame inductees acknowledged
Singing of America the Beautiful / National Anthem

There will probably be room for 1 more match, so my guess would be either a gimmick battle royal featuring names from the past 29 Wrestlemanias or an Ultimate Warrior run-in on someone like 3MB. In a perfect world, they would have a Money in the Bank match and have guys like RVD and Y2J return.

Thoughts?

Because as much as I'd love Bryan to be in a one on one match for the Title at WM. Batista won the rumble, the WWE made their bed with that and now they have to sleep with it.

The dream card looks good and to be honest it's probably the best the WWE can come with considering they don't want to have Sting appear until after WM and Punk walking out.

Though I heavily dislike Triple Threats at WM. Another alternative perhaps is do that WMX idea I had before.

Match 1: Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan - opening match but Bryan will have a Title Shot at the end of the night. Similar to Owen/Bret at WMX 30 mins (including the entrance)

Match 2: WWE Tag Team Championship - Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam vs. The New Age Outlaws - I have no idea 10 mins

Match 3: Money in the Bank Ladder Match - This needs to return to at WM. It's not good enough to hold as a PPV on it's own and WM is missing without it. They can have an 8 person match. Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Damien Sandow, Alberto Del Rio, Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Big E Langston, and The Big Show (note I know I am forgetting someone :p). 20 mins

Match 4: Goldust vs. Cody Rhodes - Since this has been penned long ago or kind of then why not. 10 mins

Match 5: Brock Lesnar vs. Sheamus - Since the WWE are so high to put Sheamus in a match with Bryan. This isn't so bad I guess. 15 mins

Match 6: WWE World Heavyweight Title: Randy Orton vs. Batista - Batista gets his Royal Rumble title match. Orton retain the title somehow leading to Orton vs. Bryan later in the night. 20 mins

Match 7: 6-Man Tag Team Match - The Wyatts vs. The Shield - Heel vs. Heel to be sure but it could work. And it could turn the Shield a tweener role of sorts and possibly a future break up. 10 mins

Match 8: Undertaker vs. John Cena - It's what everyone seems to want. Why not just run with it. Taker keeps the streak intact of course but Cena comes close30 mins

Match 9: Triple Threat Match for the Diva's Title - AJ vs. Brie Bella vs. Nikki Bella. Because why the heck not, twins, AJ, triple threat. Like there's a better option for the divas title right now. 8 mins

Hall of Fame segment 10 mins

Match 10: WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan - It won't be a long match probably even 10 mins tops. But this will be Bryan's victory and what a night beating Triple H at the beginning of the show then winning the World Title later that night. YES YES YES. 15 mins

Yeah arm chair booking why not :p

I like that CM Punk walked out because it made the card possibly change for the better anyways, no one gave a damn about Batista vs Orton no offense to either man but this main event is worth 10 bucks on the WWE netowork but not the 60 from my local cable company. If Bryan is inserted in a triple threat or even just a 1 on 1 with Batista it will help make Batista look better in the long run.

I would like to see jake beat ambrose if it did happen just so we could defunct the belt or something you know similar to Bret Hart winning the title despite not being able to actually wrestle anymore.

That dream card has a few great potential matches on it but the rest is garbage....especially that main event. Where the hell does HHH get off getting a title shot? He's COO for Gods sakes! And Stephanie too??? Wtf?!

Cena vs Undertaker
Batista vs Brock
Reigns vs Big E
Attitude Era gimmick battle royal
MITB

all great matches. They just need to kick Orton out of the main event, and let DB take on HHH to end the night. Let Orton take on somebody like Jericho or Sheamus. Let him hold the title as it wouldn't really matter who has it with those matches as it's just a much better card overall.

What the card should (and still ) could be
Hulk Hogan as host

Fandango vs The Miz (Both want to prove their huge Mania wins wasn't fluke beginning a feud.)

Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust (Dusty as ref)

Big E. vs. Mark Henry (IC title Grudge Match)

RVD,Ziggler,Big Show vs.The Wyatt Family

Cesaro vs Jack Swagger /w/ Zeb Colter

The Uso's /w/ Rikishi vs The NAO /w/ X-Pac WWE Tag Team Championships

Rollins vs Ambrose vs Reigns (US title)

Ryback vs. Ultimate Warrior

Christian vs. Sheamus (Christian's career on the line) (while getting taking out by Lesnar we see Sheamus smirking,When Christian returns he confront's him but Sheamus denies it and say's lets go to are match.In a tag match Christian get's pinned,Sheamus brogue kicks him and tell's him you just don't have it anymore turning heel.Christian wants to prove he still got it and calls out Sheamus for Mania.Sheamus accepts and tells him his career is on the line.
Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho (Jericho returns the night after EC to announce his "retirement" but gets snuck attack by an angry viper who just lost his title and wants to kill another legend.He RKO's and punts Jericho,Jericho returns gets payback setting up this match. (Jericho wins and Roberts comes down putting his snake on Randy.This will bring back the viper for real.
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
Batista /w/ Ric Flair vs Brock Lesnar /w/ Paul Heyman (WWE hvt. Championship) (Animal vs Beast)
(Last Man Standing)
(Brock takes out Christian and inserts himself inside the title match at EC wins.Batista congratulates him but gets F-5'ed.Batista tries to prove who the real beast/animal is because he is sick of Brock's bullying.)
The Undertaker vs. John Cena(Cena comes out at 2-24- Raw claiming he's done it all and an article on WWE.com made him realize what's next to do in his career,beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.Cena calls out Taker,but a scary promo appears on the tron. When the lights come back on Cena say's you don't scare me Undertaker.The lights go back off (Gong) Taker's in the ring and chokeslams Cena.Cena lose but at WM32 he get's a rematch while he is already a heel and beats Taker ending the streak in a controversal way.)

Triple H & Shawn Michaels vs. Daniel Bryan & CM Punk

I've been talking about this one for months. Shawn superkicked Daniel Bryan, screwing him out of the world championship. So let's set the scene. At Elimination Chamber, Kane comes out of a panel from under the structure, chokeslams Daniel Bryan, and costs him the match. John Cena attacks Kane, but by then it's too late - the damage has been done. The next night on Raw, Bryan snaps and attacks Kane, Maddox, Triple H, whoever is in the ring, with Stephanie narrowly escaping. The Authority gets the upper hand - queue "Cult of Personality". Punk sprints down to the ring, everyone goes INSANE that the WWE worked everyone for the past month. Degeneration X returns in the next few weeks, and the tag team match is booked for WrestleMania.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Batista vs. Randy Orton (c)

I know this isn't the match everyone wants right now, but it is one of the big matches everyone said they wouldn't mind like 2 or 3 months ago. Last year at this time if you had said "Batista would return at the Rumble and face Orton at WrestleMania", that's a match 90% of fans would be excited to see. The trick is to put the hot tickets, Bryan and Punk, in something else that is equally as good. I did that above. This match still has to go on. While the fans are distracted with the above tag team match, you give them reasons to cheer for Batista. Make Orton a legitimate heel for the first time since winning the damn thing. Show clips of all the evil things Orton has done, and all the good things Batista has done over the last decade. This match will be just fine.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns

So here's a match I haven't heard mentioned before. At the Elimination Chamber, have the Wyatt Family win the match. Dean Ambrose takes the fall for his team, and gets in Roman's face about it. That's the kind of character Ambrose has - blame the loss on somebody near him. Reigns snaps, attacks his partner, and the babyface run begins. The next night on Raw, Brock Lesnar comes out and attacks Big Show, Mark Henry, or whoever. He makes the case that nobody can stop him, and rightfully so. Out comes Roman Reigns, who bullies Brock and sets up for the spear - Lesnar rolls out of the ring and bails. Over the next month and a half, Reigns blows off his role in The Shield, goes on a huge winning streak, the build to these two at Mania is set. The spear cannot be hit until the night of Mania, where Reigns defeats Lesnar to become "the next big thing".

Champion vs. Champion Unification Match
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Big E (c)

So in this match, to make the deal even more sweat, the winner's title is the one that sticks around. Make that abundantly clear before the match. Talk about the history of the US title through WWE, WCW and beyond. Talk about the Intercontinental Championship and how long that's been a part of WWE history. In the end, Big E wins to keep the better title in play.

The Miz vs. Santino Marella

I don't give a damn about this match, but they've had Miz come out and run his mouth during all of Fandango's matches recently. That being said, Santino has also been around for those matches too, so it could go either way. I think it's heading for the later of the two. The Miz is getting increasingly frustrated that he's not on television. He snaps, beats the hell out of Santino, and resumes being a heel once again. That's his natural state. He's an awful babyface. If I see him use the Figure Four again I'm going to cry. This is a really good filler match that really won't matter, but it will serve to put Miz back into some sort of spotlight, and the fans get really into Santino matches.

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

I don't know what they want to do with this one, but it's been the only "lock" for WrestleMania consistently for the last two months, so I'm assuming they're going to do it. Why the hell not. If Cena wants it, and they have some idea of how to make it good, I'll trust them to make it right.

WWE Divas Championship
AJ Lee (c) vs. Paige

WrestleMania season should be all about surprises, big names, and things people chat about on Twitter. Things people remember. Paige is ready for the big leagues. She's the best thing about NXT on a pretty consistent basis. In the next few weeks, AJ can talk about how she's beaten everyone in the Divas division. Drop another Pipebomb if she has to. Bring in Paige, the girl she's never faced, and the real anti-Diva of pro wrestling. Give Paige a solid debut match on Raw, working somebody good like Natalya, or whichever Bella Twin Bryan has been training recently. Give her a win over Tamina - a clean win, that's important. The two collide at WrestleMania.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Cesaro vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. Seth Rollins vs. Titus O'Neil vs. Alberto del Rio

Yes, of course this is any easy (albeit necessary) was to book all the remaining talents in a big match people instantly care about. Yes, there is a whole PPV still dedicated to the gimmick, and no, I don't care. You can also throw Darren Young, Big Show, Kane, or whoever else you want in the match. Cesaro wins. End of story.

WrestleMania Pre-Show Battle Royale
Winner Gets a Shot at the WWE Tag Team Championships

The Usos vs. The Real Americans vs. Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs. Curtis Axel & Ryback vs. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan vs. The Ascension vs. Xavier Woods & R-Truth

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
The New Age Outlaws (c) vs. The Usos

The Usos have been looking for gold for years now. They're an awesome tag team who have been feuding with the champs on Twitter for a few weeks now. This is the logical path.

Killam- so what do you suppose Taker does take his one match off.By the way if the Punk thing was a work they would have mentioned the walk-out.They probably would even had a video.As far as HBK he still may come out of retirement but for a 1-on-1 match with Bryan.

How I would like to see the card played out with what we got right now

Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE WHC match)

Undertaker vs. Cesaro (the reason I chose Cesaro as Taker's opponent is because of his recent push and challenging Taker's streak would be the icing on the cake, it'd be a damn good match too)

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

HHH vs. Roman Reigns

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Big E (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. The Miz vs. Bad News Barrett vs. RVD vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Christian vs. ADR in a 12 man ladder match for the US and IC Title (not a unification match, only one championship per winner; the most unlikely match to happen as well, but something like this was rumored for last year and I'd love to see it, like most)

Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

Brock Lesnar vs. Sheamus (have Sheamus apologize to Christian for the Brogue kick he hit on him accidentally, and Christian says it's no issue and the two begin a friendly bond over the next few weeks with Christian kind of mentoring Sheamus on his veteran experience or something. Then at EC, Lesnar comes out and brutally beats Christian down and takes his spot in the match (similar to what Edge did to Kofi years back) Sheamus is furious at this for how Lesnar disrespected the veteran, Christian and brawls with Lesnar most of the time in the Chamber, but Lesnar gets the upper hand and ends up eliminating Sheamus from the match. Sheamus even more angry, hits Lesnar with a Brogue kick into one of the pods, breaking it, which results in Lesnar's elimination from the match, setting them up for WrestleMania)

New Age Outlaws (c) vs. The Uso's (Tag team titles)

AJ Lee (c) vs. whoever (don't care, I just know there'll probably be a divas match in there somewhere; rather have a legit championship match this year instead of some pointless divas tag match where the face team with the celebrity wins)

Pre Show

Christian w/ Edge vs Axel w/ Ryback - I am of the belief that Christian should retire after Mania and what better moment than have him beat a good worker with his best friend in his corner. Axel may not be interesting but he is a good crisp work and Christian should have a safe opponent in his retirement match

Big E Langston vs Mark Henry for IC title - Basic Mentor vs Student rivalry. Big E wins debuting a new finisher that truly shows off his strength

Main Show

6 Man Ladder Match for NXT Title - Bo Dallas or Adrian Neville defends their title in a 6 man ladder match to introduce them to the fans and get a match like MITB on the card. Not Sure who wins but its a guaranteed great match

AJ Lee & Tamina vs Lita and Trish - Trish is announced as the one who will induct Lita into the hall of fame and then AJ comes out to insult Lita and Trish saying she is the best women ever in Pro Wrestling and then a little feud builds until HHH announces the tag match. Lita or Trish pins Tamina who AJ abandoned for the win to set up a Tamina face turn and rivalry with AJ

Uso's(c) vs Real Americans vs Wyatt Family vs Miz & Ziggler for tag title - Uso's win the titles from NAO at EC and then Miz and Ziggler from a team as disgruntled heels beating people up until a triple threat number 1 contenders match between Wyatts, RA and MZ leads to chaos and a fatal 4 way is announced for the title. The Wyatt Family wins the titles

Dean Ambrose(c) vs Seth Rollins for the US title - Rollins turns face with Reigns after a split at EC and earns the number 1 contenders spot in a match on Raw while Reigns is involved in a match later. Rollins wins to cement his face turn.

Cody Vs Goldust - Brother vs Brother to let them have the match they have wanted plus surprisingly this later in his career it is actually them competing at their peaks. Cody wins as he needs the win more for his career

Bray Wyatt vs John Cena - They build on the fact that Bray cost Cena the title. As this is fantasy booking Bray wins in a 2 minute squash match so Cena can feel the shovel and finally put someone over completely clean

Triple H, Randy Orton and Sheamus vs CM Punk, Goldberg and Shane McMahon - The people who HHH has screwed over in his past return for revenge. CM Punk can say HHH tried to force him out, Goldberg can say HHH gave him the shovel treatment and Shane can say he tried to steal his company and family away from him. Also Sheamus turns heel after EC to join the Authority, also WM 30 is the last time the word Authority is ever mentioned on WWE. Team Punk wins when either CM Punk or Shane pins HHH

Undertaker vs Roman Reigns - The last time we saw Taker he got speared through a barricade by Reigns then powerbombed through a table and he wants revenge. Taker wins a hard fought battle and retires on Raw the next night selling the physicality of Reigns setting him up for big things after feuding with Ambrose and Rollins through Extreme Rules

Daniel Bryan (c) vs Batista for WWEWHT - Bryan wins the chamber and has to and does defend his title against Batista ending the show with everyone chanting YES

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back