Wrestlemania failed on every level from a fans perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like comparing the value of the dollar now to the value of the dollar 20 years ago. The value of the rating point has changed significantly in the last 20 years.

Wouldnt want to do that. The someone would make it obvious that John Cena is actually an all-time draw.

Main Evented both the highest amount of PPV buys EVER, and the highest grossing wrestling event EVER.

Ill take box office over your ratings points. Anyone who used to work for WcW would likely agree.

Wouldnt want to do that. The someone would make it obvious that John Cena is actually an all-time draw.

Main Evented both the highest amount of PPV buys EVER, and the highest grossing wrestling event EVER.

Ill take box office over your ratings points. Anyone who used to work for WcW would likely agree.

Except perhaps Eric Bischoff who gave away a box office blockbuster (Hogan vs. Goldberg) for ratings....still one of the stupidest moves in wrestling history.

Those buys are because of Rock.......

Oh? Direct me to Rock's match on WM 23? Which was also the third biggest crowd of all time, and to that point, the most PPV buys of all time?

the buys were because of the Rock? Thats convienent. Rock didnt do the box office or buys Cena did during HIS prime, but he returns, to face....John Cena....and all the sudden he gets the credit for them?

I meant because they used to value ratings over box office, which is why they no longer have a job, dumbass.

Jesus Christ, people :disappointed:

Regardless of what you meant that's not what you said.

On a more serious note buy rates and ratings are both very important. Good ratings help you get good buy rates. For a company like WWE to ignore either of these factors would be foolish.

So now we've moved on to buy rates, if someone were to prove how buy rates have dropped as as a whole while Cena is at the helm you would all then go "THAT'S NOT FAIR! THERE'S STREAMING AND PIRACY!" every excuse in the book to keep jizzing over your boy.

Oh? Direct me to Rock's match on WM 23? Which was also the third biggest crowd of all time, and to that point, the most PPV buys of all time?

the buys were because of the Rock? Thats convienent. Rock didnt do the box office or buys Cena did during HIS prime, but he returns, to face....John Cena....and all the sudden he gets the credit for them?

Also the numbers for the 2011 Survivor Series indicate that not putting Rock against Cena means that he draws...slightly better than the average bear and that's it.

Everyone with half a brain knows this. Sadly that eliminates almost everyone in this thread.

If it was all Rock why did Cena do the largest buyrate in WWE History before WM28?

If it was all Rock why did his match against Miz and R-Truth do so poorly?

Obviously mainstream Rock is gonna bring in some extra fans but Cena more than did his fair share of drawing too. Cena has made the WWE a lot of money and you cant do that with just anyone on top.

Regardless of what you meant that's not what you said.

On a more serious note buy rates and ratings are both very important. Good ratings help you get good buy rates. For a company like WWE to ignore either of these factors would be foolish.

So now we've moved on to buy rates, if someone were to prove how buy rates have dropped as as a whole while Cena is at the helm you would all then go "THAT'S NOT FAIR! THERE'S STREAMING AND PIRACY!" every excuse in the book to keep jizzing over your boy.

Not my fault you dont understand sarcasm :shrug:

Buy rates and gross revenue are what matter to a wrestling company. John Cena is top 3 all time in both. I figured you would like that since you like to use numbers, and then call them indisputable fact.

Funny thing is, they wont prove how buyrates have dropped, regardless of piracy and streaming beng VERY popular. He headlined the highest grossing, the most buys, and was regularly in the top five of each.

Attitude Era > everything. Don't cha all know?

13 years have passed already, some of your fellow fans of wrestling were conceived AFTER it and still AE fans can't let it go. I suspect all the "AE were better" fans just want WWE to recreate it like all the remakes/reboot of movies so they can claim a piece of past epicness as their own.

Appreciate this era of Nexus, Summer of Punk, Taker annual streak match, Rock/Cena and move on. Guess what those 3 out of 4 of them have in common? Oh yeah Cena's active involvement. Geez.

If it was all Rock why did his match against Miz and R-Truth do so poorly?

Because it was against The Miz and R-Truth. I'm a fairly big Rock fan, I was a lot more of a Rock fan before all this shit but regardless I've never even seen that match.

I hate tag team matches, I dislike Cena and it was vs Miz and fucking R-Truth.

Hell if it was a singles match of The Rock vs R-Truth or Miz there would have been a better chance of me watching it but it still wouldn't have been anything to get too excited about.

Edit: Just to clarify: I hate what general tag team matches have become. I used to love them way back in the day.

One show, his in ring return. were he teamed with Cena.

Exactly. The fact that Rock drew record numbers at Mania last year was because he was working with Cena. If you put him up against Miz or Truth (as they did at Survivor Series) then he'll draw marginally better than most of the roster and that's it. He isn't some sort of massive check to cash-in on unless he has the right opponenets and Cena was the right opponent. It takes two to tango as they say.

Not my fault you dont understand sarcasm :shrug:

Buy rates and gross revenue are what matter to a wrestling company. John Cena is top 3 all time in both. I figured you would like that since you like to use numbers, and then call them indisputable fact.

Funny thing is, they wont prove how buyrates have dropped, regardless of piracy and streaming beng VERY popular. He headlined the highest grossing, the most buys, and was regularly in the top five of each.

feel free to post the numbers

Wrestlemania 23 had Vince McMahon vs Donald Trump (Hair vs. Hair match). That was the drawing factor of Wrestlemania 23.

All the Wrestlemanias which did the highest buyrates (WM 27, 28) involved The Rock and thats a fact.

Exactly. The fact that Rock drew record numbers at Mania last year was because he was working with Cena. If you put him up against Miz or Truth (as they did at Survivor Series) then he'll draw marginally better than most of the roster and that's it. He isn't some sort of massive check to cash-in on unless he has the right opponenets and Cena was the right opponent. It takes two to tango as they say.

If Jesus Christ him self went up against Miz or R-Truth it wouldn't draw that much better.

Because it was against The Miz and R-Truth. I'm a fairly big Rock fan, I was a lot more of a Rock fan before all this shit but regardless I've never even seen that match.

I hate tag team matches, I dislike Cena and it was vs Miz and fucking R-Truth.

Hell if it was a singles match of The Rock vs R-Truth or Miz there would have been a better chance of me watching it but it still wouldn't have been anything to get too excited about.

Edit: Just to clarify: I hate what general tag team matches have become. I used to love them way back in the day.

So you admit The Rock can't draw with just anyone. If he needs someone like Cena to draw huge money then Cena draws.

I noticed you left out my first comment too you realize that event I'm referring to didn't have the Rock involved at all.

If Jesus Christ him self went up against Miz or R-Truth it wouldn't draw that much better.

Yes, I know, which is why Cena, you know the guy who you are giving no credit to whatsoever, drew a far larger buyrate out of Rock, because he's a major draw and people tune in to watch him.

See the bits I've highlighted? Those are the bits you need to know.

So you admit The Rock can't draw with just anyone. If he needs someone like Cena to draw huge money then Cena draws.

I noticed you left out my first comment too you realize that event I'm referring to didn't have the Rock involved at all.

It's not that Cena is a draw as much as Miz/R-Truth aren't draws on any level, there's zero to give a shit about there. Cena is obviously more of a draw than Miz or R-Truth but that doesn't make any of them true draws.

I figured I'd let prowrestlingfan field that one and he has already.

Donald trump brought in a lot of mainstream attention for it.

Wrestlemania 23 had Vince McMahon vs Donald Trump. That was the drawing factor of Wrestlemania 23.

All the Wrestlemanias which did the highest buyrates (WM 27, 28) involved The Rock and thats a fact.

So 1.2 million bought WM to watch a guy get his head shaved? Cena vs. Michaels had nothing to do with that? Really?

So what about the 975, 000 buys the year before? Or did Cena not draw that either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back