Wrestlemania 27 - The Miz (c) vs. John Cena - WWE Championship

Cena's got Rock to deal with, AND Miz.
Why the hell does Cena have to be involved with the WWE title if he's feuding with possibly the biggest name in WWE history?

Give the damn title match to someone who's not already doing something.
I'm positive EVERYONE cares much much much more about Cena-Rock then Cena-Miz.
Also, Cena and the Rock are having this back and forth trash talking thing going on on RAW now, and Miz is pretty much just chilling behind their glory, while everybody completely forgets he's the WWE champion.

I don't blame the Rock for opening the gaping hole that is the distance between him and every other superstar there is today.
Having Cena booked for 2 feuds is just stupid IMO.

It just seems like a waste of a mainevent, and especially at Wrestlemania.
Thoughts?

What???

They're not booking him in to two fueds, it's all wrapped into one fued. The Rock doesn't want to wrestle, that's why he isn't. Has nothing to do with money or putting Cena into two different fueds.

This match has potential to be good, and could be great with the right emotion invested. I still say that we've never seen a great Miz match but maybe Cena could pull one out of him on the biggest stage where you know Cena will bring it all.

The way they're booking this doesn't look very good though. Cena needs to take Miz more seriously. If he doesn't take him seriously, why should I? This fued needs to get intense, and quick. Riley was fired this past week so maybe this inserts a more aggressive streak in Miz.

The Rock is the wild card here. No clue what his roe will be. With the announcement of a special referee in the Miz/Cole match, clearly the Rock will not be the ref here. However I could see a ref bump taking place where the Rock then inserts himself into that role similiar to Tyson doing so at WM 14.

I'm predicting a Cena win. Miz does not need to win to look credible. This isn't Night of Champions of TLC. It's Wrestlemania, the biggest show of the year. Being in the main event (as champion) against the face of the company, means you're credible. Losing to Cena will not discredit a 4 month title reign.

Cena wins with the Rock counting the 3.

The Miz needs some one who is a great ring general to help him elevate to the next level and the WWE doesn't have too many of those. Triple H is good, but he's not going to be to thrilled about putting over the Miz. Cena is popular but he's not great in the ring. That's what concerns me here.

As far as the Rock is concerned, money isn't always the answer, just most of the time. And if it isn't, you're not paying enough. TO put WM over the moon, Rock needs to wrestle. If he worked against Cena, it would sell. Have him face Taker, it'll do better than Taker facing HHH, having him wrestle will make the owners of WWE stock, very happy indeed.

I really feel sorry for The Miz right now. He's just there right now.

Anyway, they might've well make it Cena vs. Rock, or Rock vs. Miz vs. Cena. Seriously, it's all "what will Rock say, how will Cena respond, what will Rock say?" It's all about Cena/Rock.

They ca'nt seriously do all of this back and forth name-calling and mocking of Cena/Rock and just make Rock the special enforcer or something. If they have the Rock involved in the match, it'll be all about him and Cena.

That's why it seem's like the Miz is out of it. If The Rokc was'nt involved, it owlud be possibly a very intense Cena/Miz fued. But it's more like a Cena/Rock fued with The Miz just there.

The match will be good though.

Interesting you bring that up. Miz's complete and total lack of charisma means that he is completely being overshadowed by the 2 bigger talents. Ideally, Mcmahon will hold off on Rock v Cena for another Wrestlemania, but the seeds of a long, on-going feud must be planted this year at WM. Miz is awful and he will never really be over as a face or a heel because he was rushed along and shoved in our faces as a douche, but HE...AIN'T READY!:hogan:

How the hell was the Miz rushed? Have you watched anything the past 5 years? The Miz started out as a joke on Tough Enough and lost to that MMA guy. He was on Smackdown for a while as a guest host and had two wins before going to ECW and essentially becoming the backlash to John Morrison in the tag team. Most of his early WWE career was spent inside of a tag team, whether it be with Morrison, Big Show, or Jericho... which by the way, putting him with Jericho pretty much makes him worthy of being WWE Champion on GP alone.

Miz has been built the RIGHT way and has taken years in the WWE to mold the character he has now, and he is over as a heel. He gets the heat, he gets the reaction, and if you ask one little girl, he gets the looks he needs too..

2dikcr5.jpg

I rest my case...

Anyway, this may come off as wishful thinking, but for some reason I have full confidence in The Miz to win at Mania. Think about it, this is the first time that the MITB winner had gone into Mania with the title still around their waste/on their shoulder. The Miz has a chance to put himself over as the top heel in the WWE by beating Cena at Mania, whether clean or dirty. CM Punk, on Raw, is an afterthought heel (you're gonna red rep me cause it's true but oh well). Sheamus is nowhere to be seen right now, and Randy Orton is the second biggest face. That means unless they bring in someone like Ziggler or turn Triple H heel after Mania, The Miz has to be the guy to carry the Raw brand on his back and in order for him to do that, he NEEDS to have the title. That's why I have confidence in The Miz.

I think The Miz needs to do a better job building up this match. He's been terrible on the mic these last of couple of weeks which is very unlike him. Cena/Miz depends on buildup and Miz hasn't done anything mic wise to help build it up except the same promo.

This match could be good if and only if Cena and Miz use new moves in their arsenal and have a lot near falls.

I've been waiting to see the build up of this match before posting, but I want to say something, this match isn't getting really exciting. I know, both Miz and Cena are WWE's two biggest superstars right now and they might be a big draw, yet the build up and the match up itself doesn't look too atractive, IMO.

The build up until now: Miz/Rock, Cena/Rock and at any moment Miz/Cena altercation has taken place. No sneak attack, no "Miz is awful" chant done by Cena, there isn't any direct altercation between these two. I know Rocky is the main draw here, but he isn't (until now) a special guest referee, yet the spotlight is on Cena-Rock rather than Miz-Cena.

The match: Even if the build up becomes good, I don't see any potential in this match. NEITHER man has amazing in rig skills, they can be great talkers, have tons of charisma but at Mania we want a classic match, I doubt these two will give it to us. As far the winner concerns, Cena is going back to the championship. I don't have any kind of interest in this match whatsoever.

Why is everyone so certain that Cena is winning? Cena doesn't have a "streak" that needs to be continued.

If the WWE wants to build The Miz, he HAS to win this match. People already think he's a weak champion, but a clean win over Cena would put all of that to rest. Not to mention the increased heat he would have being able to declare forever more that he beat Cena at WrestleMania.

So I've been doing something thinking and reading and I continue to see how everyone says The Miz looks out of place and is being left behind in this little war of words between Cena and The Rock. Well anyways I got to thinking maybe the E is doing this for a reason, if The Miz looks out of place and we are all just sayin he is second rate, if he can pull off a HUGE win at Mania wouldnt this be his wrestlemania moment and that one moment that makes us the fans say WOW The Miz is a real Main Eventer? If The Miz can beat Cena and take what ever The Rock has to offer wouldnt that make Miz a true World Champion in all of our eyes. So my questions to you guys is, if the Miz wins is he now a true Main Eventer, will we see him as a real threat to the rest of the main eventers, or will it just be something small that he can brag about. Look I've said bad and good things about the Miz but I gotta believe if he comes out on top through all of this then he has made a real name for him self. Your throughts.

I think this will probably be moved to the Miz vs Cena thread, but anyways.

Imo, this is how the match will go down/what i want to happen.

Miz will beat Cena, (clean or not), Rock will lift his hand, and Miz will SCF him also, stand above the past, the present, and solidify himself as the future.

A loss DOES NOT hurt Cena here at all, and will do wonders for Miz.

There are a few things that are hazy in the above, like whether Rock will interfere helping Miz, helping Cena (doubt it) or just being there, but this is what i hope happens, and Miz will hold til a smaller PPV where Jomo or someone can hold the belt for a while.

Yes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let Miz go over. Let me say for the record that I am a HUGE Del Rio mark; but if I would rather see only one go over at Wrestlemania, pains me to say it because I LOVE Del Rio, I may have to say Miz.

Let's see, what would a win do for John Cena at Wrestlemania? Hmm....absolutely NOTHING. It's just another year, another Wrestlemania, another title win for John Cena. Some people don't think he's above the title just yet. I don't think he's above the title PICTURE but Cena has still sold all of this time even though he hasn't held the belt since June, right? WWE needs to realize that they need to work on their future. Cena has been pushed to the moon and thensome and is STILL just 33. I hope it doesn't happen; but what happens to WWE if something happens to Cena? They would probably lose money but they wouldn't be on the brink of bankruptcy either. Cena going over at Wrestlemania does no favors for anybody.

The rumors could be true that Vince is grooming Miz to be the next face of the company (which I would love! I would pay for Miz merchandise and to see him as the next face) You wanna put the belt on Cena in 2011? Do it at a regular old PPV like Extreme Rules or even one of your other big four like Summerslam or Survivor Series. If Wrestlemania is truly the showcase of the immortals, this immortalizes Miz. Now I will say that maineventing Wrestlemania and being on the poster shows WWE has a lot invested in The Miz; but how will the crowd perceive him if he loses? If he wins I think it's a sure bet that he's here to stay.

Yes Vince, I know Cena is your cash cow but that cash cow, while still young, isn't gonna be around forever. Your cash cow has nothing to lose and only another title reign on his resume to gain. His opponent has everything to gain and potentially a lot (perhaps everything) to lose.

I would love to see the Miz win at Mania. Two heel champs will not walk out of Mania so I personally think the Miz will go over Cena and Edge will retain against Del Rio. I think the Miz/Cena feud is here to stay for a while so I can see Miz beating Cena at Mania dirty. As a champion The Miz has not had many clean wins (just JoMO and the King off the top of my head) so I do not see Cena putting him over clean at Mania. If he couldn't beat R.O. clean then he won't be doing it against Cena. I do think Miz will beat Cena clean at some point in the feud, but not at Mania.

This is The Miz's last true test to silence his critics. Contrary to what a lot of people still believe, he DOES belong in this spot and has earned every bit of it. If this match goes on last at Mania, it is pretty safe to assume that Miz will not be walking out as champion as Cena getting the belt would provide the feel good moment. Especially if Del Rio wins earlier in the night.

What I mean by this is The Miz's last true test is that he is facing the face of the company and one of the biggest names in wrestling today John Cena. It's no secret WWE are crazy about these two and for good reason. This is the present vs the future basically. Miz does not have to win over Cena here in order to look strong, Cena has to make Miz look like absolute GOLD in this match as i'm sure he will. I am very excited about this match

I've been trying my hardest to hold this back for quite sometime. And I put this reply in this thread for a reason. I am so sick and tired of hearing how mediocre John Cena is in the ring and how people are so weary of hearing is promos week in and week out. Every single column that I read bad mouths Cena for everything that he stands for. On some level, I do agree that he is one dimensional and repetitive and anything else you wanna negatively say about him.

However, about 15 minutes ago, I found an article written by Jared Gebhardt on ProWrestling.com. I was pushed over the edge. As usual, he says that John Cena is "replaceable". As usual, his promos, except for 2 weeks ago is all dried up and absolute crap.

Don't get me wrong, I love The Rock as much as the next fan. I grew watching him and always loved anything he ever did, said, and stood for. However, John Cena is the NEW Rock. The Rock's promos were always the same. Every now and again he would throw in a new catchphrase. His moves in the ring were always the same with a pony trick thrown in every so often.

I understand he's a "Legend" now. But to treat John Cena like a piece of crap in my eyes is unacceptable. He has done everything he needs to prove himself and work his way up. He's taken his hits and done everything Vince McMahon has asked of him from the get go from what I have seen. Why is he any less appreciated then the next guy? In case anyone hasn't realized, the WWE doesn't have a very explosive roster as the moment. And quite frankly, he should be the main event at Mania. Right now, he is one of the few faces (and I don't mean good guy) of the organization right now. He will sell Mania just like he has sold everything else for the past 4-5 years.

All in all, I'm just tired of him getting crapped on everytime he walks down the ramp. I understand the people that don't like him. You are completely entitled to your opinion and to whom you are a fan of. I'm not the President of the John Cena fanclub, trust me. I'd much rather see someone else in the main card picture. But, fact of the matter is, he's there. He's not going anywhere. He does what he has to do to keep himself there. He does what he has to do to entertain the people he has to. Newsflash, The Rock did the same exact thing. Quite frankly, people, mainly editorial and column writers, need to find something else to write about.

And my venting is over.

P.S. I would like to see Miz win at Mania.

When these two Superstars enter the ring on April 3, the contest will be between a young, resourceful and headstrong champion willing to do just about anything to stay on top and a strong, experienced veteran with uncanny determination and a storied list of accomplishments. Can the ever-impressive Cena notch his eighth WWE Championship? Or will the wily Miz somehow find a way – yet again – to remain king of the mountain?

The Miz is a great competitor and has some great skill in ring. John Cena has only lost once at Wrestlemania, and that was in a triple threat match. Cena has never lost a one-on-one match at Wrestlemania. With The Miz being as determined as he is, and all his angry from being undermined the past few weeks, I think will be the first to end that for Cena. At least I want him too.

The Miz won his title by cashing in the Money in the Bank on a beating Orton. He successfully defended the championship against Jerry Lawler in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match with the help of Michael Cole and Riley. Then defeated Orton in a tables match at Tables, Ladders, and Chairs. Then he defeated Orton again at the Royal Rumble with the help of The New Nexus. Then proved that he could work with John Cena when they won the tag team titles, but proved that he had the upper hand when he screwed himself and Cena in the rematch.

After all of this The Miz has gotten the upper hand on Cena every week. The favor seems to be in The Miz's court. But who thinks "Super" Cena will pull out on top at Wrestlemania 27?

Personally I would love for The Miz to retain his title. He is a entertaining guy, maybe not the most entertaining but he is still good. But I've pretty much liked him since his debut.

The way I see this match playing out is Cena goes for the AA, but Rock's music hits. Miz gets out of the AA & accidentlally bumps the referee, knocking him down & out for the time being. With that, The Rock enters the rings, stares down Cena then shoves him into The Miz who hits a SCF on Cena. But The Rock quickly focuses on Miz, hitting the Peoples Elbow, Rock Bottom then following it up with his own SCF. Cena stirs, the ref stirs & Rock steps out to Ringside. A groggy Cena locks in the STF & Miz taps quick. Then, Rock comes back in to stare Cena down again only to raise his hand in victory as the two celebrate with the WWE title in hand. But, Cena hits Rock with an AA, turning Cena heel in the process.

This could actually be Cena's toughest WM opponent ever because the Miz has been established to be very resiliant. He kicked out of starship pain, took a huge extreme beating and still won against Morrison. He took a lot against DB and somehow pulled out the victory. The Miz has done quite abit and has proven himself to be a worthy threat to end Cena's one on one WM streak.

Now i am very excited for this match and I think this could be that memorable match that Miz needs. Every big star had that one match that solidified them. This could be it for The Miz and I'm excited to see this because now I'm positive that both men are going to pull out all the stops.

the way i see it is that cena will win because
every time i watch a ppv
who ever gets attacked last the week before the ppv
that person always looses
so if miz attacks john cena from behind like he does every week
he will loose

The build up for this match has severely let me down. This is pretty much the same thing from 2008, except Miz isn't calling out Cena when he's hurt. I find it unbelievable that they've managed to go so long while completely ignoring the fact that The Miz' success began after Cena beat him so long ago. The idea of a comeback story for Miz easily writes itself. But... It's not happening. Why? One would think that would be a great way to put Miz over. To say how far he came in 2 years. How he was just an annoyance back then and now Cena is challenging him. But instead, Cena just want's the belt, Miz wants to retain. The same old basic formula. Except The Rock is somehow diverting what little there is to the feud. This feud has just gone down to be waaaaay to basic for my taste. Rock or no Rock, it's disappointing. All the tools are there, but the wrong ones are used. If Miz doesn't retain, that will just add more to the disappointment.

I would buy the PPV just for this, why? The fact that this match could go either way. Yeah John Cena has a higher chance of winning since the face goes over in the Main Event of WrestleMania. However a heel can win, as history has shown against Cena. You have a match that can probably will shape the Miz into the Main Event star forever, and the possible Rock vs Cena build. This match has so much going on, and I'm looking forward to it. While the build wasn't great, in recent weeks Miz has been doing a fine job of getting himself into the spotlight. I'm looking forward to the match, and I hope we see Miz retain. While Miz still gets a rub, it would only help him to go over Cena. With or without help from a Rock Bottom.

The way I see this match playing out is Cena goes for the AA, but Rock's music hits. Miz gets out of the AA & accidentlally bumps the referee, knocking him down & out for the time being. With that, The Rock enters the rings, stares down Cena then shoves him into The Miz who hits a SCF on Cena. But The Rock quickly focuses on Miz, hitting the Peoples Elbow, Rock Bottom then following it up with his own SCF. Cena stirs, the ref stirs & Rock steps out to Ringside. A groggy Cena locks in the STF & Miz taps quick. Then, Rock comes back in to stare Cena down again only to raise his hand in victory as the two celebrate with the WWE title in hand. But, Cena hits Rock with an AA, turning Cena heel in the process.

That would be a good way of turning Cena heel whilst also keeping Miz Heel, as i'm not sure that he's ready for a face run just yet, but what the hell do i know, i'm just a casual wrestling fan.

I'm not so sure though, i think they may pull the trigger on a Miz face turn and it will play out along the lines of the Austin Bret match at WM13 with a double turn.

I can only see this match ending in one of three 2 are likely, one is almost certain i think.

The 2 that could happen

1. Cena is fired up, cena hits the five knuckle shuffle the miz is reeling, it looks like its AA time, IF YOU SMELLLLLLL!!!!! here comes the rock. cena looks ready for a fight OMG the miz out of nowhere with the SCF while cena was distracted with the rock 1 2 3 THE MIZ RETAINS THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP with the help of the rock. why rock why?

2. the opposite of that with cena celebrating with the rock to end the show

the most likely ending

3. cena goes for the AA ref takes a bump miz reversal SCF hes left the ring hes picked up the title belt hes going to smack cena with it IF YOU SMELLLLLLLL here come the rock hes argueing with the miz to put down the title rock bottom to the miz cena crawls over to the miz ref stirs 1 2 3 CENA IS THE NEW WWE CHAMPION the rock shakes hand with cena OMG rock bottom to cena peoples elbow to cena to end wrestlemania with the rock standing tall. this sets up wrestlemania 28 the rock vs john cena in the rocks hometown of Miami Florida and the 5 year old fans get what they want with cena walking out the champ

I'm not a fan of neither The Miz or John Cena. I'm an Orton fan. In fact, I can't stand Cena or Miz but I do have respect for Cena and none for Miz. I fully believe that Cena will beat Miz because Del Rio is expected to beat Edge and 2 heels are not walking out of Wrestlemania as Champion. Not Happening!! Personally, I think they put the title on Miz prematurely. He has no business involved in the Cena/Rock feud and he is obviously irrevelant. WWE should of had Cena vs Taker in the Main Event, Orton vs Punk for the WWE Title, Miz vs Morrison in a #1 contenders match for the WWE title and Sheamus vs HHH for Wrestlemania. This is the last chance for Miz to try and prove he is Main-Event material. I understand that heels are suppose to act cowardly but DAMN!! How about winning some matches cleanly as champion and NO! I'm not talking about beating Lawler! How about being a man and kicking Cena's ass face to face instead of doing it like a coward time and time again. Miz doesn't have to beat Cena to get my respect but give him a good fight. Give Cena all he can handle at WM. If he gets squashed at WM, then Miz need to be moved back down to MidCard where he belongs and Cena turning heel at WM would be epic but its not gonna happen. First off, Vince McMahon won't allow it and even if he agreed to it, Cena has to have some say in it and with everything he has going on outside of wrestling and his involvement with the kids, Cena won't agree to it and therefore I don't see it happen. If Cena doesn't win at WM, it will be because The Rock screwed him which would set up Rock/Cena at Summerslam. Wrestlemania is too long a wait to have Cena/Rock. They could build arguably the biggest match in Summerslam history in several months and save Taker/Cena for WM28. Unfortunately I see The Rock screwing Miz at Wrestlemania and Rock/Cena celebrating but hopefully I'm wrong. A Cena heel turn and a Cena/Rock match would be beyond epic biggest match in Summerslam history in several months and save Taker/Cena for WM28 biggest match in Summerslam history in several months and save Taker/Cena for WM28

I think the buildup for this match has been pretty great. And the storyline is already over a year in the making. I do appreciate how Miz talks about how he's gonna make everyone take him seriously at Wrestlemania. For him, it's all about showing Cena how far he's come since they first battled at the Bash. And for Cena, it's about getting his Wrestlemania moment after coming under the threat of never being able to compete there ever again while under the control of Barrett and Nexus. In my view, the past few weeks have shown us arguably the best mic work ever seen from Miz.

The match itself should be decent. I'm not gonna expect anything spectacular but Cena matches have always been good to me so I won't trash it before it's happened. I don't think it will steal the show but I do expect to be entertained. As for the winner, I don't think there's a clear cut winner yet. Usually, when it comes to building towards a title match at Wrestlemania (or any PPV in general, I guess), the challenger (in this case, Cena) would usually be the one building up all the momentum going into the big match and getting the better of the champion week in and week out. However, we've seen the opposite with Miz outsmarting Cena at every turn until this week when Cena decimated Riley. That said, I can't make a solid prediction. If Miz does win this match, Miz will truly solidify himself as a main eventer and pick up the absolute biggest win of his career. On the other hand, if Cena wins the good guy walks out as champion and he gets his Wrestlemania moment which is something he has been emphasizing on for months.

Should be a good match and for now, its result is unpredictable (for me, at least). I like.

I thought of this a few weeks ago before I saw this thread & I am personally hoping The Miz retains the title and that it's the last match of the night, no one would expect it and everyone would go batshit over it. He would get a big rub off of this, just look how it helped Triple H back in 2000 when he retained the title at WM. As far as who he can defend the title against past Cena, well WWE do have an upcoming Draft after WM, they could get Edge, Big Show, Kane to come over to feud with Miz, maybe Daniel Bryan can feud with Miz over the WWE Title, god knows he does deserve a push into the main event scene. As long as there is a draft after Mania, I'd say the chance of Miz retaining is pretty decent.

I just read that John Cena would be anything to wrestle The Rock. They are setting it up for a total suprise at WM27. John Cena will beat The Miz, at that point The Rock says congrats Champ now lets see if you can still Bring It. Now we have Rock vs Cena for the title again. The Rock then wins the title back which "no one" will see comming. Right out of Yokozuna vs. Bret Hart then Yokozuna vs. Hulk Hogan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back