• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 27 - The Miz (c) vs. John Cena - WWE Championship

Not really surprised by this. However I must admit I'm a little bit disappointed, not completely cause I'm still sold on this match actually being good, but a little disappointed due to the fact that CM Punk vs John Cena had an immense potential.

This match is most likely gonna have John walking out the champion once again. First of all John haven't held the championship for almost a year, as well as the fact that John have yet to loose an 1 on 1 match at Wrestlemania. The odds just lies with him really, where as The Miz hasn't really proven himself to the point where he's a completely sold tip top main event wrestler who you're just dying to place your money on to beat John Cena.

This match will be fairly good, cause it's John Cena at Wrestlemania after all, and The Miz isn't too shabby either in terms of being able to put on a wrestling match, which he has proved over the past few months. They might not be amazing matches, but they're definitely noteworthy. Either way, I'm counting on John Cena to walk out of Wrestlemania 27 as world champion once again.

This match does nothing for me really. If this was going to main event Extreme Rules or something then fine but nothing about Cena vs The Miz screams WM main event to me.

The worst part about it though is, there is no feud or anything special behind it to make it feel like it is deserving of the Main Event position. All it is is Miz was the champ and Cena won a number one contenders match so they face each other by default oh and Miz cost Cena the oh so prestigious tag team titles - what a twist that was.

Really I can't see the match being anything memorable, sure we will get some good promos out of it and addition of The Rock is interesting but I just can't see the match going too well, Miz is still new to the Main Event scene and pretty green in the ring and Cena can only do so much to guide someone to a good match.

Im glad Miz has got a Mania main event (even though the match will most likely be the 3r/4th match on the card)

WWE will never EVER do the logical thing and give Miz the win.
Cena wins and Miz fades into obscurity (look at Jack Swagger) which is a shame because he has improved heaps and bounds and people may not like him but they cant say he didnt deserve the title.

Vince McMahon said in a quaterly report that WM was all about the youth... well Vince, PROVE IT!

If Cena wins at Mania the RAW will no longer be on my 'to watch' list.
I am sick to death of this guy, fed up of him having title shot after title shot.

Im hoping the Rock will interfere and Miz will get a sneaky win.. WWE will have for the first time in ages created a star then backed it up with a major win.

For Cena the win may sell a few more t-shirts, for Miz it will elevate his career and make him an established player.

But we all know that Cena is going to win so whats the f**king point in discussing it.

Yes this match will have a really good build because there both the best mic workers in the WWE imo. This is prolly going to be a pretty good match too. I expect as does prolly everyone else for Cena to come out on top, just like every other match cena is in at WrestleMania. Hopefully rock gets involved in this match somehow, by being a special guest referee/enforcer, or maybe costing the cena the title would be awesome, but prolly wont happen. Overall no matter what the outcome of the match will be, it will be a very great build and a great match.

Hi guys i'm new to the forums,
My opinion on this match is that it will not be good unless The Rock is guest ref. I belive this would be the best way to have this match because then both Cena and Miz coud settle there differences with The Rock without the Rock actully wrestling

I'm actually very excited for this match. I really think this has the potential to be one of the best matches on the card.

The Miz has earned my respect for his charisma. It isn't traditional, but it definitely gets some serious heat. Even Cena has come back in my books. Seeing him without the title, feuding with others definitely helped him in my eyes. The only downside about this match is that the time to build it is limited. A PPV with outside interference or a "sports entertainment" finish could've made this feud a little bit bigger and give The Rock a more relevant influence in this match.

Still, I can't wait to see what The Miz has in his arsenal. The one person I'll be tuning in for, even more than The Rock, is The Miz. Here's hoping he impresses.

Call me a mark, but I'm pumped for this match. What we're seeing here is John Cena, the face of WWE for the past six years, facing off against The Miz, the man who is being groomed to become the next face of the company. The history they have behind them also plays in well to this match. With the feud they had in 2008 ( I think it was 2008 anyways), it was basically The Miz trying to get attention by attacking the biggest star in the company and than getting brushed aside/completly dominated (Golberg/Jericho anyone?), with everyone expecting him to never be heard from again. Fast forward two and a half years and The Miz has climbed out of the gutter and made himself a star, only to come face to face with the man who stepped over him in the beginning.

The only concern I have with this match is The Rock. That's right, THE ROCK. Alot of people think that he will add to the match, but I think that couldn't be further from the truth. The Miz needs to solidify himself as a legit main eventer, and I fear that if The Rock ends up an enforcer or guest ref than the focus will most likely become Cena/Rock. If Cena and The Rock want to have their feud , fine, do it on your own time in a different segement on its own, but The Miz and Cena need to have a one-on-one match for the WWE title. No bells and whistles.

As for the actual wrestling, I'm not worried about it. I said this in a different thread awhile ago, but I expected shit from Cena/Batista last year and they managed to put on a good match, so I think this match should do well too.

Whatever happens , I just want The Miz to come out of this match without being over-shadowed by The Rock or losing any and all momentum he has.

To be honest, the fact that this isnt Cena-Punk has cheered me up, I think Punk's pretty overrated both in the ring and on the mic. Also I've been singing Miz's praises for as long as I can remember, round about the time he and Morrison formed a tag team and I realised just how much better Miz is than Morrison.

Anyway, this is in danger of being overshadowed by Cena vs Rock, hardly a surprise and I dont blame WWE going this route, I might like Miz, but he's not all that yet, still prefer him to Punk, but he's unproven. So he's getting a WrestleMania Main Event spot, with The Rock as a safety net, sounds like a good idea to me.

The more I think about this match the more it makes so much more sense for Miz to go over here.

There is absolutely no difference between Cena winning here and at Extreme Rules, where he could finally win the title if that's what the WWE want. But if Miz wins-cleanly or not- then WWE have made a star. He will have beaten Cena, the face of the company, at Wrestlemania and kept his WWE Championship.

Why would WWE want to give fans a "happy moment"? I know they do but it makes no sense to hang that higher than creating a star. Have The Rock cost Cena the title or something like that so then we'll have a Rock/Cena feud next year of for Summerslam.

The WWE have done a fascinating job of having Miz go over Orton x3, King x2 and JoMo once. He has also beaten Rey Mysterio x2, Kofi Kingston & Daniel Bryan. He also kicked the sh1t out of Randy Orton before the Royal Rumble. The only reason he lost against Edge was because of John Cena. So if he loses then he might fall into Sheamus level where the WWE don't know what to do with him. There is no top face left for Miz to feud with apart from Triple-H and he might retire at Wrestlemania 27.

So do the right thing WWE. Create a star, create a new Cena instead of having Cena go over at Wrestlemania when it does nothing for him.

See despite the fact that I'm fond of both Cena and Miz, this match's build up concerns me a bit. Unlike most of the big time feuds (Taker vs Triple h, Del Rio vs. Edge, and especially Punk vs Orton) there's not that much animosity between these two guys. Sure they don't like each other in kayfabe terms, but that's where it ends. Cena won the chamber and is facing the Raw champion, it just seems to be circumstance. Anyone else feeling that this match just doesn't feel epic enough?

I'm kind of getting that Sheamus/Orton SS 2010 vibe from this. Remember how weak the build up was for that match last year for Summerslam? I'm getting that vibe here for Cena/Miz. Sadly. I mean it could be a good match but so far it has the weakest of the storylines and it's definitely a downgrade from Cena's intense storyline with Batista last year.

i really hope miz beats cena. every year cena comes in to wrestlemania in the world title match. 7 years straight and he always wins except for the triple threat match against trips and orton which wasn't a clean win for orton. plus, miz could beat cena and officially become a star of the wwe. fuck cena, miz is 17 wins away from tying the undertakers streak.

the fact that cena actually won at the chamber really made me furious.....
in my opinion i think the best main event (im not even kidding) would've been morrison v Miz.
IMO a great match earlier this year for wwe title. a gimmick match eg last man standing would've done wonders for the ppv and for both their careers
for the fact of the matter is, morrison (especially) and miz have not quite exactly made their names into the main event picture.

It depends really.

If John Cena and the Miz go on last match of the card then chances are John Cena will win to give the fans a happy moment to close WrestleMania with.

If John Cena and the Miz don't go on last then I think there's every chance that the Miz walks away with the WWE Championship. Which really, as much as I hate him, I think he should. They've built him up too much as a major heel and the program has only JUST started with John Cena and they could easily carry it out to Extreme Rules and beyond WrestleMania. The Rock could easily cost John Cena the WWE Championship but there is also WWE running the risk of that turning Miz face with all of the people who cheered the Rock and were chanting "Cena sucks, Cena sucks" etc.

I think Miz should win, but Cena might.

While Miz vs Cena could be a good match, it just seems to lack the story and epicness for a wrestlemania match. Miz/Morrison have a intense heated rivalry that could serve as a great epic story for WM. Imo Miz/Cena doesn't sell and everyone I talk to even Cena fans say that it is not WM worthy. Cena should've went up against Taker this year, HHH should've faced Sheamus, and Miz faced Morrison for the WWE Title.

Cena/Miz just doesn't scream WM main event. I don't even think any promo they do will make it epic.

Well the WM 27 is the one event where everyone can look for suprises....well i think john cena will b the winner ...its not only my wish but is a billion people s wish ....it has been almost a year since john cena has been wwe champ so i think now its his time....i want to c him shake hands with rock at WM rather than fighting

I'm sure the promos & RAW's leading up to WrestleMania will be good, but the match itself is something definately not worth Main Event let alone spending $50+ on. Vince is crazy if he thinks this is getting a million buys

It really should have been Orton vs Miz for the belt & Cena vs Punk, this way we would have gotten a good match out of Cena and Randy walking a way with the belt considering the year he was having.

I'm kind of weirdly interested in this match. It's the same sort of weird interest you might get when a close friend e-mails you something called "Four Guys and a Thimble." I presume. I dunno, that's honestly never happened to me. Really.

Despite being somewhat crowded out by cynics, I was actually quite positive about the most recent RAW. The resurrection of rapper Cena - and, of course, the promo he then delivered - has made me a more loyal Cena supporter than I've probably ever been. Like Coco touched on (but definitely not in this thread), I've never felt more abandoned by The Rock. Couple that with me suddenly seeing some quality in The Miz after he wrestled a match as A) a legitimate world champion and B) a face and I suddenly have, well, a weird interest.

Pass the thimble.

This match on its own isn't that great. The problem here is one of WWE's creation. If you want Miz to be anything important, you must make him a champion capable of drawing not a performer who works with people who can draw. What's even worse than that, is for the WWE management to admit that they have no confidence it will draw, and call on the Rock to save the event, by hosting and going into a verbal exchange with Cena. The only thing that does is have the fanbase hoping that the Rock and Cena get into blows. And if that doesn't happen the guys who upload the event on websites will have it up and bash the shit out the event before it can do decent numbers with their encore presentation or dvd sales. They've painted themselves into a corner with adding the Rock. He has to do something with Cena and in the process you make the Miz look even more insignficant. Pretty good job, WWE.

The safe bet is that Cena will win the title because he can draw and sell merchandise etc. If they are committed to Miz, he must be convincing as a performer and he has to steal a win. He can't win cleanly, there has to be some kind of cheating involved to gain considerable heat over the largest audience they'll have this year. The only person who can save this mess, is the Rock. His appearance will get a lot more in the door than would be in there without him, now he needs to do something to help the show become memorable.

This match is brilliant from start to finish... Simply because it gives the WWE so many headaches.

Let's face it, the WWE is high on two men right now and they are John Cena and The Miz. No one else even ccomes close the level of a push that they have had in their relatively short careers in the WWE. John Cena has been pushed so far that he is on the same level as Austin and Hulk Hogan; leading the WWE into a new generation of sports entertainment. The Miz is the charismatic bad guy that the WWE needed and received. He worked hard (by all accounts) and got his push in front of people who, perhaps, deserved it more. When it comes down to it though, only one man can walk away from WrestleMania and I am very intrigued to see which horse the WWE is backing in this race.

Both of these guys are on top of their game and it will be a very interesting match, which I fully expect The Miz will control. Super Cena ought to make an appearance and give the people what they want in a Miz beat down. However, I think that the WWE have definitely screwed the pooch when it comes to this match. The Miz has been quiet over the last couple of weeks and he has no credibility as a Champion. He hasn't been the most convincing of Champions and his ways of winning Championship matches tells me that the WWE simply do not know how to build him as a Champion. For that reason, you have to think that all the blocks are in place to put Cena over in this one.

However, there is one wildcard that I am struggling to fit in and that is The Rock. The Rock seems to be all up in Cena's business and I am just wondering if he will get involved in this match or perhaps give Cena a Rock Bottom before the match so that if The Miz wins, they can protect Cena with the beat down beforehand. If he does get involved in the match, it is hard to see which way it will go. Cena could upset all the odds and win the match anyway. Or they could give the win to The Miz and blame it on Rock's interference.

This is definitely the match to watch...

Interesting you bring that up. Miz's complete and total lack of charisma means that he is completely being overshadowed by the 2 bigger talents. Ideally, Mcmahon will hold off on Rock v Cena for another Wrestlemania, but the seeds of a long, on-going feud must be planted this year at WM. Miz is awful and he will never really be over as a face or a heel because he was rushed along and shoved in our faces as a douche, but HE...AIN'T READY!:hogan:

Cena's got Rock to deal with, AND Miz.
Why the hell does Cena have to be involved with the WWE title if he's feuding with possibly the biggest name in WWE history?

Give the damn title match to someone who's not already doing something.
I'm positive EVERYONE cares much much much more about Cena-Rock then Cena-Miz.
Also, Cena and the Rock are having this back and forth trash talking thing going on on RAW now, and Miz is pretty much just chilling behind their glory, while everybody completely forgets he's the WWE champion.

I don't blame the Rock for opening the gaping hole that is the distance between him and every other superstar there is today.
Having Cena booked for 2 feuds is just stupid IMO.

It just seems like a waste of a mainevent, and especially at Wrestlemania.
Thoughts?

I agree, WWE should just pay the Rock what he wants, and have him face Cena and have Morrison challenge Miz for the WWE Championship, but it's too late for that, even tho we do have 4 more weeks of build up left.

I would have Rock challenge Cena to a match, and says since your not even focusing on the WWE title, and your focus is on me, give up your title shot and face me instead.

then have Morrison win a #1 Contender's Battle Royal on that same RAW (this coming monday of course) and then have the last 3 raw's to build up Rock/Cena and Miz/Morrison, but thats what should've happened after the EC PPV.

but its too little too late now.

xsKiitz & th3vip3rko are completely right. The WWE should just go for Cena vs. Rock and make that the main event. Having him host the event isn't going to be enough now that these two have been sparring against each other. The fans are foaming at the mouth to see this match. It would be the best way to send buyrates up.

The only problem I have is who should win ? I'd go with Rock but if he wins and goes back to Hollywood then what about Cena ? It's a dilemna. No doubt about it.

Can you see The Miz retaining at Mania, or will Cena walk away with the belt?

As much as it pains me to say it, I really think another Cena title reign is just around the corner. Historically, both Major Titles won't change hands at Mania, so either that means Edge retains and Cena wins, or Del Rio wins and Miz retains. The latter i can't see happening either though, i just can't see 2 heels leaving Mania as champions.

Thoughts?

Do you think Miz 'needs' a victory at Mania over Cena?

For me, if he doesn't win, then this whole run is absolutely pointless. Why send a new superstar with little credibility to the main event of Wrestlemania, only to have him lose? It's counter productive, and quite frankly, very stupid.

John Cena is leagues beyond the other superstars in credibility right now. There is a very good reason for that. It's because he dominated and defeated the likes of Angle, Jericho, Edge. He tapped out Shawn Michaels and Triple H. He held the WWE Championship for a 13 month reign. He's won in the main event of Wrestlemania five times.

At this point, it's a mentally deficient move to have him win again. It will do nothing for him. He's beaten superstars that Miz will never, ever come close to matching. He just beat Batista last year, three times in a row on PPV.

The Miz has everything to gain, and everything to lose. John Cena has nothing to gain and nothing to lose.

They could have The Miz defeat John Cena clean at Wrestlemania and it wouldn't hurt Cena one bit. He's far too established and cemented. The right thing to do, if you're going ahead with this anyway, is to have Miz be victorious.

Two things will happen. Either The Miz will get elevated due to that victory and the subseqeuent booking, resulting in WWE having another top superstar by 2012. Or The Miz will fall and the fans, being as they are, will forget the match ever happened anyways.

If he loses, it'll do nothing for him and add another notch to Cena's belt which he doesn't need. It's likely he'll just drop lower on the totem pole when he's not that high in the first place.

Getting behind a superstar who is not established and then not following through damages them. It's a bad move. That initial impression is very important. Why do people think they pushed Batista/Cena so hard through 2005/2006? You must follow through to make these stars stand at the top.

If that means Orton and Cena have to stand back a little, then so be it. It's not like they're ever getting any bigger. The others are the ones who need catching up.

A huge reason WWE is in the state it's in right now is because they had their mouth on John Cena's balls for too long and ended up sacrificing too many stars to him, which resulted in the show having to rely on him far too much.

Just go back to 2000 and 2001. Did you see The Rock dominating everyone and anyone? No. The man couldn't even beat Kane legitimately and was going to be defeated by him on Raw. He laid down for Angle, Jericho and put over lots of other stars in matches. It did nothing to damage him but it ultimately helped those other superstars.

WWE was far too protective of Cena and it resulted in them not focusing or giving the right amount of attention to other big-time players or upcooming stars. It was a silly move and it's what has them struggling to build up stars now.

Even if Miz drops the strap at the PPV after Mania, or a MITB winning JoMo cashes in and wins, i think Miz needs the win at Mania more than Cena does.

Discuss.

To be fair Rock lost the Title at WM15 .and. lost at the very next PPV, and it did him no harm at all.

And the problem with the outcome that you're hoping for is that, well it happened at Wrestlemania 24 & 25 with Orton & HHH respectively. And likely it will be a dodgy finish so isn't really going to help Miz as much as you think it will.

And Cena winning again isn't really as predictable as it sounds if they turned him to the dark side in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back