• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 27 - The Miz (c) vs. John Cena - WWE Championship

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Now of course it's far too soon for the match to be made official but, let's face it, we all know that it's all but written in the stars at this point that The Miz will face John Cena at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship. It's simple logic because A. The WWE isn't going to have Miz drop the title to the 61 year old Jerry Lawler at the Elimination Chamber ppv as it would destroy any and all credibility Miz would ever have as a main eventer & it would be a huge spit in the eye of the youth movement. and B. John Cena is the biggest star in the WWE and the WWE is going to have the its biggest star in a World Championship match at WrestleMania.

From the talk that's been going around on the forums, it's also all but written in the stars taht damn near everyone, me included, expects The Miz to drop the WWE Championship to Cena at WM. In all the posts I've seen on the subject, I don't believe I've ever heard anyone ask the simple question: What if Miz doesn't lose the title to Cena? To be completely honest, even as I write this, I haven't really thought of The Miz's title reign post WM because of the certainty that it'd come to an end at Cena's hands. I haven't thought about who he might feud with if Cena doesn't win, whether or not the WWE Championship will possibly be redesigned, etc. I guess, to some degree, I think there's been a general feeling that The Miz holding onto the title past WrestleMania was almost unfathomable.

So I ask the question: What's next for Miz if he gets by Cena at the biggest show of the year with his title reign in tact?

I'm glad you made this thread. I've been thinking Cena vs. Miz is kind of a weak main event for mania. Cena would be such a big favorite going into maina that his title win would be anticlimactic. So how could this be a more credible main event? Have The Miz win. No one would expect that and it would silence The Miz critics. The important part is to have the match go on last. Mania closing with The Miz's music playing as he celebrates his victory would solidify him as a star. The Raw after mania would be awesome as Miz would be more cocky than ever. I'm not sure who would challenge The Miz next. Possibly a returning Triple H. After beating Orton and Cena a win over Triple H wouldn't be far fetched at all.

Interesting question to think about although I think there's a 0% of Miz retaining at Wrestlemania.

It's tough to say what would be next as the draft may significantly impact things after WM.

I could see the Miz feuding with Triple H, possibly a returning face-Jericho or possibly a face-Edge (after losing the world title to Alberto Del Rio).

I believe that if Cena vs. Miz is going to be the main event (i'm about 99.9% positive this will be the case), then the Miz is walking out as the WWE champion.

The WWE has gone out of it's way to make everyone believe that the Miz is this terrible and weak champion, that it's almost a foregone conclusion that someone like Cena is going to steam role him at Mania. I just have a feeling that the WWE is going out of it's way to have the Miz come across as weak, and we're going to be shocked to see the Miz come out as champion.

Miz beating Cena at Mania will undo everything as far as being booked weak. I believe Cena is at the point in his career where he is simply too big for the belt. Another title reign really adds nothing for him, but Cena losing to Miz makes the Miz.

You know, I never thought The Miz would win at Wrestlemania againste John Cena. Really good thread Jack-Hammer. Now if The Miz does win at Wrestlemania it could be the opening of a great fued between Cena and The Miz for the WWE Championship, HHH and The Miz for the WWE Championship, or even have MITB winner of Wrestlemania (if there is one) cash in Wrestlemania night against The Miz. I can see John Morrison winning it and cashing in minutes after The Miz pins or gets DQ or what ever agianst Cena. It would elevate Morrison to a main event status and even leave Wrestlemania with a jaw dropping shocking conclusion. They can have a classic fued going on again but this time have the roles reversed and have Morrison be the champion and The Miz the challenger.

I believe that if Cena vs. Miz is going to be the main event (i'm about 99.9% positive this will be the case), then the Miz is walking out as the WWE champion.

The WWE has gone out of it's way to make everyone believe that the Miz is this terrible and weak champion, that it's almost a foregone conclusion that someone like Cena is going to steam role him at Mania. I just have a feeling that the WWE is going out of it's way to have the Miz come across as weak, and we're going to be shocked to see the Miz come out as champion.

Miz beating Cena at Mania will undo everything as far as being booked weak. I believe Cena is at the point in his career where he is simply too big for the belt. Another title reign really adds nothing for him, but him losing to Cena makes the Miz.

What you're saying makes sense but I just can't see the WWE having Cena lose to an "inferior" opponent at Wrestlemania.

You make some great points though. Cena almost is to the point where it doesn't even matter if he's the champion. Also, he's feuded with everyone so many times that it's kind of a waste to give him the belt.

With all that said, I can't see the current WWE creative team or Vince McMahon booking Cena to lose at Mania.

I actually think The Miz has a better chance to retain at Mania than alot of people think. When he beats Lawler, he goes right into a feud with Cena and gets some "dirty wins" against him with help from New Nexus, A-Ri, and even Cole, to set up the fight between Cole and Lawler. But if the WWE wants to make The Miz a beleiveable champion, like I beleive they want him to be, I mean sure he beats Orton a few times, but he's not the biggest star in the company. At Wrestlemania you have him beat Cena cleanly. Then if you want him to lose to HHH, or Cena, or Hell even Orton, you have him lose cleanly. Then BAM! Miz instantly becomes creditable, and you have one of your "Big 3" as champion.

The Miz has purposely been built as a very beatable and vulnerable champion, i honestly think it is for the sole purpose of going over John Cena at Wrestlemaina. Like somebody else here stated John Cena doesn't need the belt but he could easily give a major rub to Miz and solidify for years to come as a true main eventer which i think after this title run he deserves. Nobody cared about The Miz he made us care about The Miz, this win over John Cena will do wonders for his career.

I have thought of the possibility of Miz winning at Mania against Cena but it does seem a bit improbable given the fact that heels rarely win a WrestleMania main event match and because Cena has not held the championship for a long time. However Miz winning at Mania would be an interesting twist to the tale. I think that all of us know that the WWE wants Miz to be the next face of the company and if he wins at Mania over Cena, this move would show just how much faith the company has in him. The push might begin sooner than all of us had expected.

If he does win, I expect The Miz to continue feuding with Cena for the next few PPV's at the very least. The feud will end with Cena winning the title, though.

I'm not exactly sure at all what will be in store for The Miz if he actually goes over John Cena, or whomever he goes over at Wrestlemania. I'm guessing top heel would be something in store for him, considering he just beat the top dog (If his opponent is John Cena).

The Miz has a lot of potential to be a big star, he just needs the right victories, and some of them clean as well (I mean, even the small heel wrestlers needs a clean victory to at least have some legitimacy).

The Miz, if he beats John Cena, is obviously gonna go on to hold this belt for quite a while, at least depending on how he beats John Cena, because if he beats him clean, then there's big things in store for him, but if he beats him in a cheating manner there's no doubt that John will eventually come out the winner at some point or another.

Either way, I'm still a little skeptical about him even retaining at Wrestlemania. So for now I'm gonna leave the possibilities of what there will happen to The Miz open.

Prior to this thread, I was so convinced that Cena would end up becoming victorious at Wrestlemania; but having read some responses, perhaps it's not all that impossible to see the Miz pull out an upset. The WWE has created this reality in which it makes us think that Miz is this coward that can never win a match legitmately without having to cheat in some form of way. Furthermore, it has led most, including myself, into believing that there is no way that the Miz could cheat his way to a victory against Cena at Wrestlemania.

After all, when Miz became champion, no one expected him to even reach as far as Wrestlemania. I remember reading everyone thought that Miz would lose the title at the Rumble or EC at best. But Miz kept the title at the Rumble and for Miz to lose the title against Lalwer at Ec is completely illogical and stupid.

So the possibility of Miz winning at Mania? Very possible indeed for the simple reason that no one would see it coming, and it'd be one hell of an ending for Wrestlemania. In addition, Miz coming out victorious does more for him than if Cena were to come out victorious. If Cena came out victorious, it'd be predictable and lame. We've seen Cena come out victorious so many times that - like Shocky said - it means nothing for him to have another title reign in his arsenal anymore.

However, if the Miz wins the title, Miz gains a shit load of credibility simply for beating the best there is in the business right now. Moreover, it would add to his character. But I'm thinking too small. It's more than that. If Miz were to retain the title at Wrestlemania, then it would create the reality amongst us in which it makes us believe that the WWE really is behind the Miz being the next poster boy - and that the torch is in the process of being passed down.

If the Miz does indeed win at Mania, than I expect him to retain the title for a while longer. Perhpas until we end up seeing a feud between himself and Triple H. Either way, I've just gotten more excited about seeing this feud happen.

The thought of the Miz losing at WM never came across my mind. Vince is thinking very highly of the guy, I can't see The Miz headlining WM only to lose it. If The miz makes it to Wrestlemania then he will be leaving WrestleMania as champion. most likely the first time he will win cleanly.

That would be AWESOME because I'm sick of Cena winning the WWE Title at WM every year. Enough with Cena he sucks and he will never be better or bigger then The Rock so just stop it WWE.

It Should Be A good way to see the miz win and will but him as a main eventer he should then lose it at money in the bank where everything good started for him happend all comes crashing down by HHH

For John Cena, the Road to WrestleMania has become a familiar path, one he’s ridden many times with great success. For WWE Champion The Miz, however, the Road to WrestleMania is a road less traveled. And perhaps that will make all the difference when the two meet in Atlanta at their WWE Title Match.

Although The Miz would argue he’s paid his dues in WWE and deserves his celebrated status, the fact is, he’s employed some underhanded tactics during his ascent. He cashed in his Money in the Bank contract on a battered Randy Orton to seize the championship. And during a title defense against Jerry “The King” Lawler, The Awesome One would likely have lost were it not for interference from sycophant Michael Cole. Even though his methods remain questionable, there’s no arguing that Miz continues finding ways to retain WWE’s most prized possession.

For his part, John Cena enjoys the experience that comes with having earned the WWE Championship an impressive seven times. In order to main-event WrestleMania, the Cenation Commander-in-Chief had to plow through five formidable Superstars inside the Elimination Chamber – Randy Orton, John Morrison, R-Truth, King Sheamus and CM Punk – before pivoting to his current target: WWE Champion The Miz.

When these two Superstars enter the ring on April 3, the contest will be between a young, resourceful and headstrong champion willing to do just about anything to stay on top and a strong, experienced veteran with uncanny determination and a storied list of accomplishments. Can the ever-impressive Cena notch his eighth WWE Championship? Or will the wily Miz somehow find a way – yet again – to remain king of the mountain?

Since John Cena came out on top in the Raw Elimination chamber, he has now earned the right to face the WWE Champion at Wrestlemania 27. The Miz has blown off his feud with Jerry Lawler with a decisive win so he now needs to set his sights on John Cena.

These two already have some history and now, with the Rock thrown into the mix, there are many possibilities as to how this match with end. Let's keep the discussion for this match in here.

I guess it'll be a good build up, these two are some of the better mic workers and the history they already have could be useful for the build up (Miz beating Cena so many times a few years ago etc)

Here's hoping The Rock is special guest referee, that alone would make this match more interesting as the promos that could happen would be extremely good and regardless of who wins the actual match they'll both get a rub from The Rock

This is a fitting main event. For the Miz, this will be all about proving to the fans that he can go in the main event, and about proving to Cena that he's come a long way since the Bash 2009. For Cena it'll be about trying to become champion once again after a horrible year (kayfabe) for him. The build-up is already built-in so that's always great. I suppose a lot of people will be 'annoyed/sick & tired' by Cena being in the main event again, but he doesn’t have anywhere to go other than the main event. The Rock was never going to wrestle at Mania so Cena being in the title match was obvious and the right way to go. I'm sold on this match and with the possible addition of the Rock in an enforcer role or perhaps as guest ref, I can look forward to this bad boy.

Makes all the sense in the world in my view. Cena is the biggest star in wrestling right now, he's a big draw and having him in a World title match at the biggest wrestling ppv of the year is completely logical.

The Miz has had people talking about, discussing, debating and just outright interested in the WWE Championship scene over the course of the past 3 months than they have for a really long time. Miz has done a great job of keeping people interested in the title picture and that's the most important thing a champ can do in my view.

I think it'll be a great match that will surpass people's expectations. Despite the sometimes outright hateful nonsense that people sling towards these two at times, they can both put on great matches time and time again and I think they'll step things up for their match at WrestleMania.

I don't expect it to happen, but I'd love to see Miz retain the title.

Color me underwhelmed. Yeah, I'm going to be one of those guys. After being teased with the thought of Cena vs. Rock a week a go, I have zero interest in being dragged kicking and screaming back to the harsh, dull, lifeless reality that is Cena vs. Miz. To me, Miz is not the kind of guy I want to spend my entertainment dollar on. Outside of matches with guys I'm already interested in (Lawler, Morrison, Bryan), Miz isn't up to snuff between the ropes. Seeing as what happens between the ropes is the bulk of what happens on PPV, Miz's average mic skills can't do all the talking for him come the big night. Thrown in there with a John Cena who has just been exposed as mediocre at the hands of The Rock and I don't expect great things from the same cookie-cutter Cena match. I'm just not in the mood for that standard Cena fare right now.

The hype job will be the most entertaining thing about this feud as the match will be utterly average. And even then, the hype job has to live in the shadow of The Rock. The WWE killed any fun this might have been for me a week ago and lulled the most loyal of Cena supporters (me) into apathy. I'm done. Fuck this match and this show.

I'm of two schools of thoughts here, I'll start with the more pessimistic one.

I love Cena and I appreciate The Miz's ability, but I just can't see this being a great match. It may be memorable, but not for the reasons a match at Wrestlemania should be memorable. I anticipate the wrestling being no more than slightly above average, and I can't imagine the match being very suspenseful, but I suppose crazier things have happened. I just don't see this match being able to grip me like CM Punk vs. John Cena would.

Still, part of me wants to see this more than Cena vs. Punk. I think it's because I just want to see WWE's top guy be the one to end Miz's reign of terror. I want to see Cena embarrass him on the WWE's biggest stage, and I want Miz to suffer the pain of defeat. There is no wrestler that is a better option to be the guy who ends Miz's hot streak than John Cena, and that's just a fact.

I'm looking forward to this match especially if the Rock is involved in it somehow. The Miz has started to grow on me since he won the title and I'm always a Cena fan so I expect their match to be good. This will be without a doubt THE biggest match in the career of the Miz. Win or Lose, depending on his performance, this could be the first of many Mania headliners for the Miz or he could go back into the midcard and never be heard from again. The story is already there, both are the best on the mic in the company, and they have proven to be able to perform at high levels when called for (well at least Cena has). It has all that you can ask for in a Mania Main Event. I think the Miz has a shot to win too.

Can you see The Miz retaining at Mania, or will Cena walk away with the belt?

As much as it pains me to say it, I really think another Cena title reign is just around the corner. Historically, both Major Titles won't change hands at Mania, so either that means Edge retains and Cena wins, or Del Rio wins and Miz retains. The latter i can't see happening either though, i just can't see 2 heels leaving Mania as champions.

Thoughts?

Do you think Miz 'needs' a victory at Mania over Cena?

For me, if he doesn't win, then this whole run is absolutely pointless. Why send a new superstar with little credibility to the main event of Wrestlemania, only to have him lose? It's counter productive, and quite frankly, very stupid.

John Cena is leagues beyond the other superstars in credibility right now. There is a very good reason for that. It's because he dominated and defeated the likes of Angle, Jericho, Edge. He tapped out Shawn Michaels and Triple H. He held the WWE Championship for a 13 month reign. He's won in the main event of Wrestlemania five times.

At this point, it's a mentally deficient move to have him win again. It will do nothing for him. He's beaten superstars that Miz will never, ever come close to matching. He just beat Batista last year, three times in a row on PPV.

The Miz has everything to gain, and everything to lose. John Cena has nothing to gain and nothing to lose.

They could have The Miz defeat John Cena clean at Wrestlemania and it wouldn't hurt Cena one bit. He's far too established and cemented. The right thing to do, if you're going ahead with this anyway, is to have Miz be victorious.

Two things will happen. Either The Miz will get elevated due to that victory and the subseqeuent booking, resulting in WWE having another top superstar by 2012. Or The Miz will fall and the fans, being as they are, will forget the match ever happened anyways.

If he loses, it'll do nothing for him and add another notch to Cena's belt which he doesn't need. It's likely he'll just drop lower on the totem pole when he's not that high in the first place.

Getting behind a superstar who is not established and then not following through damages them. It's a bad move. That initial impression is very important. Why do people think they pushed Batista/Cena so hard through 2005/2006? You must follow through to make these stars stand at the top.

If that means Orton and Cena have to stand back a little, then so be it. It's not like they're ever getting any bigger. The others are the ones who need catching up.

A huge reason WWE is in the state it's in right now is because they had their mouth on John Cena's balls for too long and ended up sacrificing too many stars to him, which resulted in the show having to rely on him far too much.

Just go back to 2000 and 2001. Did you see The Rock dominating everyone and anyone? No. The man couldn't even beat Kane legitimately and was going to be defeated by him on Raw. He laid down for Angle, Jericho and put over lots of other stars in matches. It did nothing to damage him but it ultimately helped those other superstars.

WWE was far too protective of Cena and it resulted in them not focusing or giving the right amount of attention to other big-time players or upcooming stars. It was a silly move and it's what has them struggling to build up stars now.

Even if Miz drops the strap at the PPV after Mania, or a MITB winning JoMo cashes in and wins, i think Miz needs the win at Mania more than Cena does.

Discuss.

Can you see The Miz retaining at Mania, or will Cena walk away with the belt?

I think, sadly, we're entering into another "Superman Era". The last time Cena won the WWE Championship was Wrestlemania and I don't expect that to change.

Thoughts?

Do you think Miz 'needs' a victory at Mania over Cena?

I don't think Miz 'needs' a win but it would do him wonders. Id also be very worried for Miz if he does lose at Wrestlemania because:

After cashing in his rematch clause at Extreme Rules and losing, where does he go? He probably won't switch over to Smackdown, he's feuded with Orton already, Cena will move onto probably Sheamus and JoMo vs Miz just wouldn't work without the belt at the mo. Miz needs a win in the sense that he could get lost. Beating Cena, the face of the company, at Wrestlemania would definitly elevate Miz to the status in which Cena, Orton, Batista reached in 2005. They won, well Orton almost did end the Streak, the titles and cleanly. Now I don't think Miz needs to win cleanly and he won't.

Moving on and a loss for Cena is the same as a win for him- NOTHING. Lets face the truth here..... Cena doesn't need a win at all. The kids will still love him, he's miles ahead of anyone else on the roster in terms of Marketability and is the FACE of the company. Now lets switch to Miz: He has beaten Orton x3, King x2 and JoMo once. The wins over Orton haven't been 'clean' wins but they are still wins. If Orton can put over Miz and try to push him to his level then surely Cena can cement his place and just win the title back at Extreme Rules.

Onto another point and I think a Miz win would extend an already exciting title reign for me. We always expect him to lose the title and if he could beat Cena, whilst storing credibility, the title reign would go on for 5 months. Also, Cena would/might drop out of the title picture and we might finally get JoMo vs Miz or possibly someone new completely like Sheamus or even an Alex Riley turn.

Summed up- A win for Miz would do absolute wonders for him. But he won't win:icon_sad:

In all the years I have watched wrestling there has never been a Wrestlemania main event I was less interested in. Cena is a good worker and can have a great match when paired with a great worker, but Miz is completely average in the ring and I don't see any good coming of this combination

However even writing that off there is nothing marquee about this match, Taker vs Sid at Wrestlemania 13 may not have been the greatest of matches but it at least felt like two big gladiators clashing. Cena vs Miz is like Superman taking on a big mouthed frat boy, I guess if the idea is simply people wanting to see the frat boy get beaten up then sure, but for Mania I expect something more grand.

The other major issue this match has is The Rock, there is a good chance he will ref it and no doubt the bulk of the chants will be for him in between fruity pebbles chants, and the crowd wont give two shits about the match because they just want it to end so they can see a Rock/Cena staredown.

As for an outcome, there is no way Miz beats Cena clean, although I'm not sure the crowd will care who wins as the only thing that would send them home happy is if Rock and Cena get into it.

I'm going to say Cena will get the win.

He is the face of the company, as much as I dont want to see him with the title. I am really tired of the Miz. It is was too early for him if Morrison, Wade Barret and Drew are still not champions.

I expect and hope Cena goes over Miz in this match. Expect interfearence by Riley with Cena knocking him the f**k out :lol:

I also hope and pray Rock refs the match and THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT TAKES MIZ AND ROCK BOTTOMS HIS CANDY ASS. SO KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SSSHHUUTT YYOOOUUURRR MOUTH! :worship:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back