• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Cena has regained the WWE Championship

People need to remember that Cena is WWEs number one man. I know that people are sick of Cena winning and everything but he draws the most viewers. Theres a time and place for everything and morrison will have his shot agian and Miz will definately become champ again.

i knew r truth was going to interfer but i had hoped he did it and it kind of backfired so morrison would win the title and then the fued would of exploded with morrison joking he wouldnt be where he was now with out r truth and truth going bat shit crazy about it and having a entertaining couple of months before cena was the champ again

i dont mind cena being the champ its better than miz i have had enough of him the only good thing to come out of his reign was his wrestlemania promo and the angry audience girl photo but so many bad things have come out including the king thinking he can wrestle so we have the whole cole v king thing and thats beyond annoying

Hey, how's the "youth movement"? The Miz who had a mediocre title reign (at best), and John Morrisson who was just .. there. Is this what the youth movement is? Having new stars around for John Cena to face? How come we never got a feud over the World Title between The Miz and Jo-Mo? Or Miz and Punk? Or Miz and ANYONE else BUT Cena. FOR FUCK'S SAKE Miz had a feud with fuckin' Jerry Lawler but not another new star.

Cena's Champion again. Who gains anything from this?

1) The Rock is on Raw tonight. Cena and The Rock have this little "tiff" going on. This makes it interesting.

2) There is an influx of new heel talent on Raw. This *could* open the door to some elevation.

3) John Morrison isn't ready, and has a baked in feud with R-Truth going on... Who also isn't ready.

4) The Miz had an incredibly underwhelming title reign, and despite the fact that he had been champion for over 5 months, he still wasn't a credible champion.

Well I guess this will give someone for Del Rio to feud with right off the bat on RAW. But I'm more curious about where Miz will go from here. Will he get his rematch? Will he go back to the midcard? And most importantly, will Cena be holding the title until Wrestlemania 28? I like to think about these things. Personally, I hope Cena drops the belt to a new face to the main event (maybe Morrison) so there will be a WWE title match and Cena/Rock will be a separate match (meaning more matches on the card).

But as for Cena winning the title, I have no problems with it. He hasn't held the belt since last summer (I think) so I'm fine with it.

Unless the ending was changed mid match to the Bin Laden death to favor Cena, I didn't see the point in Miz dropping the WWE Championship in the post Wrestle Mania 2.0 PPV. I knew Morrison wasn't going to get the title yet, but I was really hoping Miz would prevail. I just hope Miz doesn't fall back to the mid card and also that Morrison will still be floating around now that Super Cena is champion again.

Everyone should have seen this coming. The Rock will be having a "Birthday party" on RAW and Cena wants to make his WM a title match. I highly highly highly doubt Cena will hold the title that long but at least it's a teaser for his match vs the Rock. It wouldn't surprise me if Rock helped Cena lose the title to the Miz on tonight's RAW.

What a perfect week.
A true Fairytale. A prince gets married, the evil villain dies...and John Cena regains the WWE Championship?!. Dammit Cena, you had to ruin the status quo in the world(!)

Okay lets not over react. Is it possible to suggest we actually give him a chance to be a champion for a day before we criticize? It might actually be an entertaining reign this time.

I think the title will help further enhance the feud between The Rock. Imagine the emotion in the match if going into Wrestlemania The Rock has cost Cena his championship that he cares so much about, along with costing him in the previous Wrestlemania. Cena is at his best when he is emotionally invested into something, rather than playing the grinning good guy, who tries to sneak in the word 'mustard' as much as humanly possible into his promo's.

I would be fine with a 6 month title reign, followed by the rest of the calendar year building up the Cena/Rock Wrestlemania main event. It just makes sense. Cena wasn't going to be floating in the upper mid card leading up to possibly the biggest match in his career.

All I hear is crying, crying, crying. Zeven, you should thankful that Miz got a title reign as long as he did. You know many heel wrestlers have retained the title at WM? Three and now Miz joins HHH, Orton, and Jericho. Cena winning benefits Del Rio because he isn't is over as everyone thinks he is. Cena winning benefits all the heels.

Hey, how's the "youth movement"? The Miz who had a mediocre title reign (at best), and John Morrisson who was just .. there. Is this what the youth movement is? Having new stars around for John Cena to face? How come we never got a feud over the World Title between The Miz and Jo-Mo? Or Miz and Punk? Or Miz and ANYONE else BUT Cena. FOR FUCK'S SAKE Miz had a feud with fuckin' Jerry Lawler but not another new star.

Seriously, you're an ignorant idiot. Why does the youth movement have to consist of newer and younger stars ALWAYS winning? God forbid a veteran (and a YOUNG veteran, at that) like John Cena comes out with a title win from a younger star that had a VERY strong title reign in the top wrestling company in the world for almost 6 months.

You speak just like the other moronic smarks of the WWE who believe that ONE loss means that the losing wrestler was "buried." Do you forget who Cena just defeated? It was a guy who spent the past 2 years winning just about every single kind of title that meant something in the WWE. Then, he was given the flagship title by defeating one of the company's TOP young stars in Randy Orton. Afterward, he defeated Orton in a one on one match, defeated Jerry Lawler, defeated John fucking Cena in the main event at the flagship show of the year in Wrestlemania (in an angle that involved one of the greatest PPV draws in history in the Rock), and just made a strong showing in the Extreme Rules PPV.

What fucking planet are you on where you can completely ignore all of this?

Finally! Cena is now a 10 time world champion. He ended Miz's 160 day reign. That was the longest reign in 3 years since Trips' 210 day reign in 2008. Cena's much better as champion than Miz because he's actually believable as champion while Miz is not. Anyone who was boycotting the product until Miz lost the title (there's far more than you might think.) can now begin watching again. I think that Cena will win a rematch against Miz and then be in a couple of feuds with random heels until it comes time for Summerslam when he will face Del Rio. Also, here is a trivial note.... if this reign lasts longer than 2 months then Cena will have held the WWE Championship for a grand total of 1,000+ days.

Look guys, WM28 is meant to be the passing of the torch just like Hogan vs Rock at WM18 it could be done without the title, but if its the passing of the torch, surely The rock should be wwe champ? just like Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior

Think about it, Rock snaps up the Championship at Extreme rules, or heck even summerslam, a come back match, Rock vs Miz/Alberto del rio for the title at summerslam, rock wins keeps the title, drops it cena at wm28, (have cena win rumble) or the winner of rumble face WHC.

Since it's been a year, it was slightly weird to see Cena holding the title after Extreme Rules. His victory was the icing on a great cake that was yesterday, May 1st. There should be no sympathy/bitching for the Miz as he had one of the most impressive reigns with the title in the past 5 years. The guy beat both of the top faces in the company and sucessfully defended the title at Mania. Cena can now fued with other heels and help elevate them like he did with Sheamus and the Miz. Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre all options that could use the rub from fueding with Cena hell even Punk if chooses to stay. I certainly don't see it being a year long reign but it should be an interesting one. Anyway, I'm glad to say that the Champ is Here again.

When Alberto Del Rio was drafted to Raw, I figured that Cena would get the title back before long to ultimately begin feuding with him. Of course, now that Miz lost, I wonder how long it'll take for a "Miz is being buried" thread to pop up.

The Miz had a pretty good run overall and had more people interested in the title picture in general than there's been in a long time. He's held almost every title a man can hold in the WWE and his place within the upper mid-card/main event scenes in the long term is pretty much set at this point.

When Alberto Del Rio was drafted to Raw, I figured that Cena would get the title back before long to ultimately begin feuding with him. Of course, now that Miz lost, I wonder how long it'll take for a "Miz is being buried" thread to pop up.

The Miz had a pretty good run overall and had more people interested in the title picture in general than there's been in a long time. He's held almost every title a man can hold in the WWE and his place within the upper mid-card/main event scenes in the long term is pretty much set at this point.

exactly and i think some people overlooked that Alberto Del Rio got drafted to RAW and he was not on the Smackdown Roster. And it makes no sense for The miz to keep the title when the whole plan was for Alberto Del Rio not to win the world title and since he is on RAW he going to want to chase the wwe title which makes sense for Cena to win the title back. I wasn't expecting John Morrison to win the title because he wasn't ready yet, he still needs to work on his mic skills. I think The Miz will get the title back later

I suspect that the Cena-Miz feud is far from over. It will go on for a month or two and eventually turn into a Miz-Morrison feud for Summerslam. Cena will face Alberto.

Instead of complaining about how much Cena doesn't need this, why not look at how this benefits whoever it is he's going to feud with (hopefully Del Rio)? A feud with Cena will benefit someone like ADR so much more than if he was feuding with Morrison for the strap. Winning the belt from Cena means so much more than winning it from Morrison/Miz. Hopefully they don't drop the ball with this and have someone like Orton win it next. :banghead:

since when is Michael Cole a face???? i was upset over Punk's and Rhode's losses. Happy about Christian and Kofi (gets the titles back on the shows) and not happy with Cena. i wanted him to chase the title, then feud with others then finally win the title.

same here, punk and rhodes should have won, glad kofi won and really happy with christians win, though cena winning annoyed me a little bit, especially since it was a triple threat, miz shouldve crawled onto jomo to STEAL the win, make everyone desperate for him to lose, and cena chases and chases until it actually matters if he wins the title

I just hope cena loses it tonight no way should he hold the title for a year NO WAY i hope the rock pulls something on him tonight and costs him the title right back to the miz..........again

I wasn't feeling a Cena win. I'm a big Cena fan, but I didn't think he would win last night. I was very surprised when he did win, which I suppose was a good thing. I was also very happy to see him win. He's the top face, he defeated the top heel with an awesome move in a great match.

Additionally, this opens up all of RAW. Cena has a ton of heels to feud with and make look great, from Del Rio to Ziggler to McIntyre to CM Punk, there are plenty of heels for Cena to feud with.

And Miz has a handful of faces to feud with as well. I'm looking forward to seeing him feud with Rey, Kofi, a proper blow off to his long standing feud with Morrison, and maybe even a feud with Triple H.

Cena regaining the title didn't really surprise me since I figured he'd get it back sooner or later due to a potential feud with Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio has been heavily pushed on SmackDown!, rightly so I might add, and I fully expect him to get a main event push now that he's on Raw.

From an overall perspective, a WWE Championship feud against John Cena would be more beneficial to Del Rio in the long run than winning the vacant WHC last night against Christian. I'm a huge fan of Christian, don't get me wrong there, but he's not nearly as big of a star as Cena is and, quite frankly, he's never going to be.

Then again, it's all but written in the stars that Miz will get his rematch on Raw tonight and with The Rock on the show, there's always a possibility that he'll make his presence known and cost Cena the WWE Championship for the 2nd time. In almost every case, I'd despise the idea of the WWE using the title in such a manner but it'd be a great move for the build up of Cena vs. The Rock for WM 28. The Rock causing Cena to lose the WWE Championship back to Miz would just add more fuel to the fire.

I'm not a Cena fan but I can't complain about the match or even the PPV for that matter. It was pretty good. The real winner of the match was R-Truth. His heel turn was absolutely perfect and I look forward to seeing 'what's up' for The Truth.
A Miz win could potentially harm his heel persona considering he has a bulky fan-base of his own. The best way to amplify his heel character is to have him lose ala Extreme Rules. Raw the next night will see The Miz go bananas, leading him into a title chase against Cena.
Cena's tenth reign will most likely last until SummerSlam where he loses it in a match involving The Miz and Alberto Del Rio. I see Del Rio with the title pretty soon.

On a side note to people saying how the Rock will cost Cena the title in his rematch with The Miz, why would The Rock potentially spoil his chances of facing Cena for the WWE Title at WM28? If anything, I think Rock will get behind Cena in order to assure the title remains in the picture for the Great One. Look out for a Rock Bottom for Miz.

John Cena is a ten time Champion! Wow, that's a monumental stat to have for Cena. Also to add to the fact that he's not done winning them and will probably break Flair's streak of 16 times, or come closer than anyone else.

Did anyone see Cena pull of that monkeyflip? And people say he can't wrestle. :disappointed:

Well, Cena once again WWE Champion, and I can't be more happy. Sure, Miz had a great reign and it's definately not his last. He's probably have a rematch at Over The Limit.

Morrison didn't even derserve to be in the same ring as Cena, and Miz last night. And he definately was not going to win seeing as though he's got a fued with R-Truth. So, to everybody who though Morrison was gonna win: :lmao:

John Cena is once again WWE Champion, and I think his first fued after the rematch with Miz is a potential fued with Alberto Del Rio. Let's face it, losing the World Title to Christian is going leave a sour taste in his mouth, so now he's on RAW, he's gonna want the next best thing, the WWE Championship.

THE CHAMP IS HERE!

er11_photo_156.jpg

Personally, I am glad Cena got the title. He's a mofo that can carry it correctly.

The Miz didn't do a thing with the belt except take it on TV shows. In my eyes that makes the Miz a queefer and all of his fans are queefers too. You like a champ that defends his belt...what...twice or some shit?

Yeah. Awesome.

Morrison with the world title? Are you kidding me? Seriously. Take your friend's scrotum off your eyes for a second. Morrison is a fucking dude. Now before you 15 year olds pee your pampers, I mean dude. Not dude as in a male. But dude as in a type of male. John Morrison is a real life Zack Ryder. John Morrison is a dude. The belt does not go on that.

JOHN CENA FTW.

Did anyone see Cena pull of that monkeyflip? And people say he can't wrestle.

How can you defend Cena's obviously lacking in-ring skills by acknowledging a monkeyflip? I am yet to see a Cena match that isn't a mirror image of every other match he has. I watched an old Cena match from few years ago and I still couldn't tell the difference. I genuinely hesitate to call Cena a wrestler.
I can kick a ball, but I'm not a footballer.

Cena's reign will be just the same as his others. I would even go as far as to say that Vince just wants his biggest star to be one of the most frequent champions for the sake of it. Cena won't be champion for too long, then he'll chase again for his 11th, then 12th until he retires on a nice high number and settles upon his HOF throne despite not being able to hold a matchstick to other HOFers.
I understand Cena's attraction from a business perspective, but WWE needs to move on. The WWE Universe has reached Cena-saturation. My partner is a primary school teacher and she tells me that even the kids think Cena is lame. If they continue along this path of Cena-so-righteous, they will stain his legacy.

If Cena fans really want Cena to retire a legend, to need to sign up to the Cena-to-Heel bandwagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back