• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

John Cena has regained the WWE Championship

very long time???

i see how good wwe is at training drones, 150 something days like cole said isnt a long time, thats why no one feels like a champion because they dont hold the title enough to be one.

150 days feuding with the same person is a very long time, sure Orton was involved in the beginning but that ended fast enough, and we all know that Cena will always be in the title scene whether you like it or not and so it makes sense for him to drop it because now WWE can do more with him than just having he and Cena main even every raw and i'm not a drone, besides unless you want to see a face miz then he needed the title of him, like someone else said he was getting quite a lot of cheers tonight

I honestly would of rather had Miz retain or Morrison become the new Champ. Cena as Champ is just old tired and redundant at this point. At least if Miz would have retained he could of possibly built up a program with Morrison & R-Truth for a new title picture. Idk i just get pretty damn tired of Cena and his toy looking belt.

I honestly don't know what to say about this move; I hope this is like one of those short Stone Cold or Mick Foley reigns. I'm at a lost for this move. I'm looking for another month of fueding between Miz and Cena by that time the Morrison-Truth fued maybe over on on it's last leg. The "E" may have been planting a seed for a fued between Truth & Cena in a few months. I think Del Rio maybe in line to win the title in a couple months also once he is finish with being side tracked by someone. The main event scene looks intriguing if booked right in the next few months. Hopefully he'll drop the title by Oct or Nov.( Maybe to Zack Ryder; lol).

To be honest, the result doesn't bother me one bit. I ordered to PPV for 2 reasons: To see Christian win the World Title and to see R-Truth fuck JoMo over (We all knew it would happen). I couldn't of cared who won the WWE Title because I like all 3 of the guys that were in the match (Yes, even Cena).

Cena will probably hold the belt for 2-3 months and then drop it back to The Miz in a Championship Scramble or some other multi-person match. Cena vs Miz will most likely headline the next 2 PPV's (Over the Limit and Capitol Punishment[?])

But overall I don't mind Cena winning it for the Tenth time, I would've preferred Miz to retain but meh. Let's see what happens on RAW with Cena being WWE Champ for The Rock's Birthday Bash!

Oh, and thank god Cena will bring back the 'Spinner'. I liked the 'M' Spinner idea, but the belt looked fucking awful!. The gold wasn't gold it was yellow and the strap looked like shit.

True i don't think his reign will be long, but i just want him and the miz to stop, its too much of the same thing. The time wouldn't really matter if there was some variety but everytime their matches followed the same format: a back and forth between miz and cena, cena getting punished, cena starts dominating again, gets close to pulling of the AA or just going for the cover, outside interference of some sort and the miz gets the cover. Miz + Cena = me tired of watching raw

You may hate Cena's character because the way he is booked, but you can not forget how a feud with Cena can help anyone in the WWE...it helped the Miz. Rumor states that more than likely he will wrestle Del Rio at SS which is where he will probably drop that title. So instead of moaning and complaining about another Cena title reign...think about how they are setting up the stage for the next champ.

I haven't seen the pay-per-view yet but from what I'm reading it sounds like WWE had another FAIL.

Why Is Cena Champ??? He does not need it. Miz was having a good run and I think he should have retained. Then if the WWE wanted him to drop it, make it at the next pay-per-view to a NEW GUY (New as in hasn't been WWE Champ before).

In my view Cena pinning Miz cleanly here just destroyed all the work WWE has done with him. Look at it this way, it's the first title match where he hasn't had any outside help, it's his first match since he lost Alex Riley, and seeing as it ended with Cena pinning him clean, he now has no reason to complain about as to why he lost. WWE messed up big time. I didn't mind Miz losing the title but it should not have been to Cena again - I hope he only holds it for a month or two.

I like it and am hoping it will lead to a Cena/Del Rio program. The Miz had his time and did well, and now Cena can help build another up and comer... Ziggler, Mcintyre, or as already mentioned, DEL RIO!

As a grown man who understands wrestling and likes John Cena, I can say that I see how and why they pulled the trigger on Cena tonight. First, Cena (Mr Always in the Title Picture) had been without the title for 10 months, and if I'm correct, only had two PPV matches for the title going into tonight. Second, ADR WILL be Champ sooner rather than later. He won't take it off of the Miz while Miz is still being pushed as a Top Heel. Third, as much as some wanted Morrison to win the strap, him winning would have made the whole R-Truth heel turn pointless because we KNOW he's not a threat to the title yet. Now we have a JoMo/Truth fued for a few months with the winner joining the title hunt. ADR takes the title before the Summer is over. Cena is Champ so the kids are happy. Miz will stay in the hunt. Plus if they don't pull the trigger on ADR, you still have Ziggler, Swagger, and Punk to challenge Cena for a while. Not to mention, what better way for a Rock/Cena confrontation than for the Birthday Boy (Rock) to have an altercation with the new Champ...

Up until R-truth showed up, The match impressed me, and delivered
Reign #10, man that number comes so quick in this era.
He won't hold it for 11 months, WWE has a grand plan, but Cena spoiling WM 29 by saying its a title match, I kind of hope it doesn't come true, but sadly, Performers self-predicting matches a year ahead...

Del Rio seems the most obvious opponent for the future, Over the limit, we could see Cena use Del Rio's Car gimmick somehow.

So I am reading the responces some people have how do I say oppinionated and some I just dont get. Someone stated they were going to stop watching and hope the ratings drop? really and you consider yourself a fan? its like going to the hopital to see grand ma and telling her if she doesnt get better soon your going to piss on her grave (as a shareholder believe me I take your little comment really offensively) but no worries where one man complains a hundred kids rejoice. I also saw someone saying they are going to write to Vince and his writers how to run the company??? Do you Call McDonalds headquarters and tell them your menu Ideas too? lastly I also read someone said that all the faces won making it a ppv that sucked? Hmmm??? Good guys winning a sucky idea??? I guess you like getting mugged in the streets and boo the cops when they try to help??? Overall its kids who beg there parents to order ppv for their birthday gift or pizza party, do you really think parents would keep ordering them if there kids are dissapointed after they just spent 40 bucks

I thought Mysterio would be the one to defeat Miz for the title as it seemed that Cena would move on from the WWE Title for a while. I mean he did so well with the Nexus feud, but yeah it's back the old with Cena as Champion. I don't get it as it wasn't really set up for Cena to win. I could see Miz getting the belt right back, but it does nothing for Cena to lose the belt in a day or a month. Not sure what the WWE has planned for Cena because as for a feud with Del Rio, I don't see anyone on the new roster that would be a great title match up for Cena.

SN: Loving the fact that Christian is now an official World Champion in wrestling. No questions now about it being TNA/ECW. Christian is a world champion, the only problem is he won because Edge got retired which makes his reign as champion kind of bland. He will feud with Sheamus, lose the title, then Orton beats Sheamus & Orton/Cena rule the WWE Kingdom. So this is the youth movement? I think the WWE missed the bought with this when Christian was getting over like the miz in 2005. Cena wins shows that they have no confidence in Christian or Miz as they don't feel either can carry the WWE banner by themselves. The same way the WWE did with Austin during Rock/Mankind feud. Same way WWE did with Bret Hart/Yoko when Hogan won the title. WWE just never lets a guy run with the title.

This is a major disappointment and a total letdown after what was an excellent ladder match with a truly fantastic result. Cena does not need another title. He doesn't need to hold a belt during every step of his career, as he has done 70% of the time. Making a big deal about him having went ten months without the WWE Championship is just silly. Plenty of guys who were/are more deserving have never tasted it. Until tonight, Christian had gone 13 years without a world title in WWE. If giving Christian the WHC was to pay a degree of respect to Edge, as many believe, they shouldn't have had Cena join Edge in the double-digit world title reign category in the same night. From a booking standpoint, Miz could have benefited from a win in this particular match, not to mention that the card could have benefited from someone on the heel side other than Michael Cole/Jack Swagger pulling off a fluke win to prolong a feud that no one cares about. I digress.

This can go one of two ways that won't suck: it's to add heat to the Cena/Rock feud. They go back and forth with words on Raw, Miz gets his rematch and Rock helps Miz win. OR: They kill the Punk/Orton feud with Orton going to SD, and put Punk in the WWE Title picture as a means of keeping him happy. Either of those are situations that I can live with. Would the former work, though? Miz taking the title from Cena would likely get him a HUGE pop, and they know it. Without the title though, where the hell does Miz go from here? After the draft, there are no other major faces for him to feud with. Morrison obviously feuds with Truth. Turning him face shouldn't happen yet and moving him to SD kills his momentum. Regardless, Miz and Jericho have done tremendous work in representing WWE in the media and talk show circuit, drawing attention to the company and showcasing the appeal to those less familiar with it. They have fuck all to gain from Cena being champion right now.

Not to mention, what better way for a Rock/Cena confrontation than for the Birthday Boy (Rock) to have an altercation with the new Champ...
BINGO! You nailed it!

The whole reason for Cena getting the strap tonight was so he can confront The Rock tomorrow and say, "Look what I got! At Mania it's for the gold." Simple as that. It's to build to Mania. Funny because everyone always says that WWE never has any long-term plans and when it finally looks like they do, everyone shits on it. Cena needs the belt to make it believable that him and Rock will be for the title (as Cena stated the week after Mania). It's unlikely that the match will be for the title, but the seed is now there than it might be.

Everyone should be expecting a new feud as cena pushes someone new into the title spot. There is always a lot of complaints here about how the WWE doesn't push new talent but when a fresh spot to feud against the face of the company opens up you don't care. Kharma's debut, Christian finally winning the WHC after more than a decade, the fact that michael cole can still speak, you forget about all that the minute Cena gets the strap. If you all don't like him that much then why do you let him bug you that much?

I am delighted with this. Miz has had a great run, but it was time to end it, face it. He has elevated himself into one of the very top tier positions in WWE, and losing hte title isn't going to change that. He's been fantastic, great mic work and he's come on leaps and bounds in the ring. He probably got one of the longer debut title runs in a very long time. But, all good things must come to an end, and it was time. Cena hasn't held the title in 10 months, and being the company’s biggest star, he was going to regain it, no matter what. JoMo was never going to win, it was obvious R-Truth was not going to let him win, though JoMo looks great tonight. Miz has run his course as champ, and having a couple of non-title feuds will do him the world of good. There are some good feuds out there on Raw for the Miz, and if he continued with the title for another while, it would get very boring. Cena now has the title back, and it's great. He was great tonight in the match, and did a monkey flip, let that sink in. The so called terrible wrestler has more than 5 moves, unbelievable. Sarcasm over, this topped off a perfect night on Extreme Rules. I can see him feuding with Del Rio now, eventually surrendering the title to him, and who knows, maybe The Rock will cost him it.

I don't necessarily agree with how it went, but It's been a while since he's held the gold, so I can live with it. I think he's going to feud with Miz up until SummerSlam though after that, I have no clue, but it's possible that he may feud with Alberto Del Rio. I'm not sure else who else he could feud with.

This isn't John Cena's tenth reign, it is his eighth, unless wwe.com got it wrong. But I do not think this sucks at all, Miz had a long reign, it was time for him to drop it, and jomo wasn't going to win, and Cena hasn't had it in a while. I do believe though but in this point in his career he does not need it but if he never wins it again how will some people believe he has a chance to win again?

Capitol Punishment ME: Triple Threat- Cena, ADR, Miz (Likely)
Fatal Four Way- add JoMo (Less Likely)
Scramble- add Truth (Highly Doubtful)
Maybe throw Punk in there somewhere...

All in all, PLENTY of Heels for Cena to fued with for the title. Guys just need to understand that as the TOP GUY AND FACE OF THE COMPANY, Cena will have the title from time to time. Just like Hogan had it during the 80's. Hell, even in NWA, way back when, Dusty held the belt a few times just to break up the monotany of Flair holding it forever. I just wonder what it would take to please some of you...

I am delighted with this. Miz has had a great run, but it was time to end it, face it. He has elevated himself into one of the very top tier positions in WWE, and losing hte title isn't going to change that. He's been fantastic, great mic work and he's come on leaps and bounds in the ring. He probably got one of the longer debut title runs in a very long time. But, all good things must come to an end, and it was time. Cena hasn't held the title in 10 months, and being the company’s biggest star, he was going to regain it, no matter what. JoMo was never going to win, it was obvious R-Truth was not going to let him win, though JoMo looks great tonight. Miz has run his course as champ, and having a couple of non-title feuds will do him the world of good. There are some good feuds out there on Raw for the Miz, and if he continued with the title for another while, it would get very boring. Cena now has the title back, and it's great. He was great tonight in the match, and did a monkey flip, let that sink in. The so called terrible wrestler has more than 5 moves, unbelievable. Sarcasm over, this topped off a perfect night on Extreme Rules. I can see him feuding with Del Rio now, eventually surrendering the title to him, and who knows, maybe The Rock will cost him it.

You say it would have become boring if Miz retained, yet are happy Cena won? Have you seen any of his previous reigns?

The thing is, Cena doesn't need the belt at all, title or not, he is still the company's top dog, let him chase the title for a while, or be in a feud not involving the title....

I can see why Miz would drop the title, but why oh why to Cena...

I say it opens the door for cena vs del rio for summerslam. I think since del rio wasn't able to win at mania, they will probably have him go over cena at summerslam.

Y
The thing is, Cena doesn't need the belt at all, title or not, he is still the company's top dog,/QUOTE]

But other people need Cena to have the title, a feud with him is the quickest way for a new superstar to become relevant

Yes, but Cena doesn't need the title. 2 matches against Cena (without the belt) got Dolph Ziggler further recognised and he went on to win the WHC. He lost both matches to Cena, but looked fucking gold in both of them.

You say it would have become boring if Miz retained, yet are happy Cena won? Have you seen any of his previous reigns?

The thing is, Cena doesn't need the belt at all, title or not, he is still the company's top dog, let him chase the title for a while, or be in a feud not involving the title....

I can see why Miz would drop the title, but why oh why to Cena...

You say Cena should chase the title for another bit? A continuation of the Cena/Miz feud over the belt (Morrison wasn't going to win tonight), would have gotten stale, and Cena was eventually going to take the title. It will be good for Miz to feud non-title and help develop further aspects to his character. Cena having the title opens up the biggest potential rub there is in wrestling. Winning the title off Cena at PPV rockets that certain somebody to stardom. Look at what it done to Sheamus getting the rub off Cena to win the belt.

John Cena is far from boring. I enjoy his championship runs, as they sometimes lead to big rubs to up and coming guys. His last proper title feud one on one, was with Batista last year, and it was damn entertaining. He's a top dog on the mic and he's showed it this year with his altercations with The Rock. I find him entertaining and interesting, you don't after, it's ok.

Finally this Miztake is over. Was way over due. Not crazy about Cena with title again but Miz holding the strap was a complete joke. All these ppl bitchin about Miz losing. Please, Miz got way more rub than he deserved considering what a weak talent he is. He should have never been champ in the first place, he actually held it till mania, became one of the few heels to win a WM main event against Cena of all ppl, and Miz fans think thats not enough. Miz is among the most overrated stars in recent memory and has never had a great match in his entire career. He was boring in the ring and his promos were the same sh*t every week. Im no big fan of Cena, but a fued with him and Del Rio sounds good. Plus Cena can actually put on entertaining matches with nearly anyone, oppisote of Miz. If I was in charge, I would rather have Punk have been ME mania, or holding strap anyway. Miz was just a fraud of champion and imo made the show even less interesting than it was before him. Hell, even R-Truth has made me more interested in the show than anything Miz has ever done. Thank you Vince for finally waking up. Miz go back, improve your skills and prove yourself as a legit contender, before you get another shot.

The way i see it is this, Why would Alberto win the world title and bring it to RAW with The Miz still champion when The Miz is not going to get drafted with the title and neither is Alberto. Plus of since Alberto is not champion, with Cena now the champion on RAW he can now chase the title along with the Miz. It might not make sense now but will do in later future beside Alberto not going to go back and forth when he is place on Raw now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back