William.

Lariat.

Let us all not forget the legend of naked Bret Hart.

I think I might have to use that story in the tournament. no way Edge can touch THAT

so after the montreal screw job, the Undertaker went to Vinces room, knocked the door DOWN, and carried Vince by the scruff into the boys locker room.

Bret was in the shower.

he came out naked, soaking wet, and uppercuts Vince. The punch broke vinces jaw, and lifted him so much that when he came back down, he rolled, and broke, his ankle.

Bret Hart broke Vinces jaw AND ankle with one punch. Naked.

Oh yeah I've heard that a bunch of times. According to Vince on his DVD, he walked up to Bret because he wanted to make sure he did the right thing, knowing he was going to get punched.

I keep thinking I should post is the last round, and then I remember that I'm snubbing the last round. I'll vote, but no post. I don't feel like typing well written hour-long posts only to have a bunch of fucking Edge fanboys come in and vote Edge "cuz he r0xerz!" or because they're clinging to Will's nuts.

Hart would be a worthy WZ Tourny winner though, his victory wouldn't make this year a complete wash.

I've just never gotten the massive appeal to him. Now to be clear: he's one of if not the most talent wrestlers of all time. I've just never really liked him and I don't think he should be considered the best of all time. Top ten yes, but not in the elite of the elite.

that guy didnt like me puttin the bang thing down on him, so he retreated to the "personal opinion" hideaway

Hi. I'm "that guy," as referenced above. Trying not to get bant is all. Been saying since the first post I put up that I was just stating my opinion, but if you want to think I was hiding from you, whatever. I try not to argue with you guys too much because I want to build a reputation as a decent poster, not someone that argues just to argue, like, say, justin. I'm just saying...

But I have to say, this one almost has me changing my vote...

Yea, people fuckin forget Bret Hart is cool too dammit.

he worse sweet shades TOO!!! ANNNNND had the badass Captian Crunch / Micheal Jackson jacket. come now

he had SEX WITH SUNNY. FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!!

That's some funny shit right there...

I've just never gotten the massive appeal to him. Now to be clear: he's one of if not the most talent wrestlers of all time. I've just never really liked him and I don't think he should be considered the best of all time. Top ten yes, but not in the elite of the elite.

I...I just cant fathom this. I cant.

Bret Hart is EVERYTHING a pro wrestler should be. Promos, selling, unselfishness, look, realism, protecting your partner. fucking A man

Plus when he's naked, he has superpowers. Apparently. Naked Bret Hart did a lot of things. Take showers, Fuck Sunny, but none tops Knocking Vince out cold whilst breaking his ankle.

That's the argument I'm going to use for Bret winning the tourney.

First of all, thanks for the thread idea about Bret that I'll put up later tonight.

Everything you said is correct. I'll never say Bret isn't one of the best ever because he is. Just never could connect with him I guess you'd say.

um, how about the naked Bret hart story on the last page? THAT should convice you

The naked Bret Hart story is classic.

Man, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Hart, not in the least. I probably came off that way, but its not because I dislike the guy, or want to diminish the talent he did have. I just think that he's built up way too much as being better than he really was.

In a way, I see him kind of like I see Hogan. Hogan was hugely over, and no one can dispute his importance in the history of the business, because he did things no one has ever done before, or at least not in the general memory of the wrestling community. But if he were to debut right now, without the 25-30 years of legacy he has behind him, with the look, the talent, and the gimmick he had then, would he ever reach the heights that he has? Bret Hart was the first guy with his look to make it to the top, the first of the smaller, more agile champions, the first technical wrestler to make it to the top. And I just feel like its reasons like that that people make him out to be so much better than everyone else.

Of course, I also posted a thread a few months ago asking if Bobby Heenan was over-rated, and look where that got me...

Or maybe the bar room just isn't the place for this :(

Plus when he's naked, he has superpowers. Apparently. Naked Bret Hart did a lot of things. Take showers, Fuck Sunny, but none tops Knocking Vince out cold whilst breaking his ankle.

That's the argument I'm going to use for Bret winning the tourney.

I mean. the man took showers and everything

The naked Bret Hart story is classic.

Man, don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Hart, not in the least. I probably came off that way, but its not because I dislike the guy, or want to diminish the talent he did have. I just think that he's built up way too much as being better than he really was.

In a way, I see him kind of like I see Hogan. Hogan was hugely over, and no one can dispute his importance in the history of the business, because he did things no one has ever done before, or at least not in the general memory of the wrestling community. But if he were to debut right now, without the 25-30 years of legacy he has behind him, with the look, the talent, and the gimmick he had then, would he ever reach the heights that he has? Bret Hart was the first guy with his look to make it to the top, the first of the smaller, more agile champions, the first technical wrestler to make it to the top. And I just feel like its reasons like that that people make him out to be so much better than everyone else.

Of course, I also posted a thread a few months ago asking if Bobby Heenan was over-rated, and look where that got me...

Or maybe the bar room just isn't the place for this :(

so......so. your besmirching Bret Hart AND Hulk Hogan in the same post?

you said you wanted to build a GOOD reputation didnt you? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back