Why all the hate for Shannon Moore?

Moore is horrible , he has been switching his gimmicks numerous times , when he first appeared in TNA (as in his recent return) he looked like the regular Shannon Moore, then he switched back to his Gothic punk persona , which I just don't get. His in ring abilities suck and the same goes for his mic skills.

I don't hate him but there is really nothing special about him , he was an OK manger for Matt Hardy in Mattitude and it was always great seeing him get destroyed by Brock Lesnar but seriously there is absolutely nothing special about him and he isn't a guy that TNA should expect to raise the standards for there X Division , because he isn't the kind of guy that draws, he is just "known" because of his WWE past and that is the only reason why he is where he is in TNA.

I think he's a very talented wrestler, but I'm not a fan of his gimmick. He wasn't a right fit for WWE. I think he could do well in TNA's x division if given the chance. Hopefully he changes his gimmick a little. Many people have gone through many gimmicks in the past until they find the right one. He did kinda screw TNA over in the past. So I'm sure he has to prove himself again.

No he didn't. That's a common misconception about his history there.

He didn't pull any shit with his first TNA run. TNA were the morons who decided to let him wrestle without a contract, but it's Moore's fault when he's offered more money to go back to the WWE with an actual wrestling contract, and somehow he screwed TNA in the process?

If they thought he was that important, they should have given him his contract outright, and not continued to pay him per appearance in the hopes that he wouldn't up and leave for a guaranteed contract elsewhere.

Shannon Moore sucks because he rocks a Mohawk and lipstick.

There I said it.

moving on.... his matches are lame as well, he is not over with the crowd and there is generally nothing exciting about him.

Mic skills suck, Ring skills suck... he has a very wierd wardrobe that would have been cool in the 80's or early 90's but seems dated now.

If he got some cool catch phrases and maybe a deadly finisher he could be one guy to make join a stable so they can try to give him a rub, because solo he just is not interesting.

even the whole GlamRock thing sounds stupid..

Hey here is an idea.. GLAMROCK!!! Orlando Jordan/Shannon Moore Tag Team (now THAT will be wierd) LOL

So far the only true cool gothic wrestler has been Vampiro.

I think Shannon Moore is awesome. He's got a good look going for him, which I can't say at all for Amazing Red, who looks like a little skinny kid. Moore really pulls off the tattoo and mohawk look, and it's unique as there hasn't been too many people with that look who pulled it off. He may not have much of a character, but seriously how many current or past x-division wrestlers did not have character? Many.

Besides his look, he is not bad in the ring. People are probably not impressed with him because he doesn't do as many flips as some others in the division. Some here are also saying that he can't tell a story in the ring. That's very idiotic, as SEVERAL other x-divisions don't tell a story at all in the ring, yet Moore gets blamed? Again, look at Amazing Red. Flip after flip, his moves don't tell a story at all. I don't have a problem at all with wrestlers who do flip after flip, but since others do, I'm pointing that out.

Anyways, I think most of you are being picky with Moore, when really he's just as good as most of the other x-division wrestlers. Probably just pissed because he's another guy from the WWE getting more recognized in TNA.

I don't like Shannon Moore, but then again, I don't hate him. to me, the make up just says Jeff Hardy, and I think Hardy and OMEGA is the only reason that he is in TNA to this moment. He hasn't really done anything amazing in his time in TNA, and I'm not really sure weather he deserves a spot in TNA over Daniels, who was recently released, but, I dont call the shots so :shrug:

I think Shannon Moore looks like a clown, and this is coming from someone who also rocks a mohawk. I think he just looks stupid. I've never seen him much before, really haven't heard of him at all before, and if I were to judge from what I've seen and heard of him on TNA I would say that he'd be on a fast track to future endeavor-ville if it wasn't for Jeff Hardy (and you all shit on HHH for helping friends).

That being said, I can't really say he's utter garbage. Certainly not THE WORST on either roster (TNA or WWE). Behind the shitty makeup and the shallow gimmick I'm sure he's a good dude with decent work ethics and a fair amount of experience. I feel most of the hate he's getting now is a result of his gimmick and less about him.

Why hate the gimmick? Because we're not in 1999 anymore. Jeff Hardy gets to pull off that goofy goth-topic raver boy look because it's what brought him to the big leagues. Matt Hardy needs to cut that shit out (and gets rid of more and more each year). Shannon Moore is a buddy from the OMEGA days of makeup overload wrestling in blacklights, and will never be seen as anything else but a hanger-on until he breaks out of that. Dressing like a weirdo doesn't make you a valid weirdo. Give me a reason to think you aren't just another anachronism from the 90's, Shannon.

Also...

So far the only true cool gothic wrestler has been Vampiro.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!!

Vampiro and cool should almost never be used in the same sentence. Back to developmental with you.

I don't hate Shannon Moore, but I am really put off by his current gimmick. Some wrestlers, like Sting and the Road Warriors, wore their masks like war paint. Moore's is just contradictory to his attitude. He dresses like a freak, and then has a catch phrase and prop that, to put it politely, mean "I don't care about anything." To me, that just screams "so why should anyone care about you?" Wrestling gimmicks have traditionally said what a person stands for, and given us a reason to cheer or boo the wrestler. In that frame, his current gimmick means "I'm a waste of space." If he wants people to notice him in one way or another, he needs to give us a reason.

I agree with everybody who has pretty much said that they dislike him because he looks like a poser.

I couldn't care less that he may or may not only be in TNA because he's friends with Jeff. And it doesn't bother me that his ring skills are apparently not up to par (I think he's good enough).

But his gimmick will bother me for as long as he has it, unless he turns heel. He comes across as 'I wear punk clothes so I'm cool' (imo) and that isn't something I would particularly want to cheer for. And the DILLIGAF crap? .... I agree with NatureBoyFig4 completely - he's basically telling the crowd that what he stands for is not giving a crap about wrestling.

I don't want to completely bash on the guy though. I don't hate him, I just hate that he is a face with that gimmick. If he either 1) drops the DILLIGAF or 2) keeps the gimmick & turns heel, using it as a way to say he's above everybody else, then I will probably like him a lot more.

No he didn't. That's a common misconception about his history there.

He didn't pull any shit with his first TNA run. TNA were the morons who decided to let him wrestle without a contract, but it's Moore's fault when he's offered more money to go back to the WWE with an actual wrestling contract, and somehow he screwed TNA in the process?

If they thought he was that important, they should have given him his contract outright, and not continued to pay him per appearance in the hopes that he wouldn't up and leave for a guaranteed contract elsewhere.

I think that TNA had a lot of faith in him his first time around. As soon as he showed up, what did they do? They let him get a pinfall victory over AJ Styles! If that wasn't a show of faith that TNA thought there was something with Moore, I don't know what would. How does he repay them? He jumps ship days later to re-sign with WWE. Maybe TNA was naive that they didn't sign him right away instead of just a verbal non-official contract. I really hope they don't make that mistake again because he is just horrid in the ring. I dare anybody to bring up a Shannon Moore match that was even above "meh." It seems like TNA is trying to just sign as many freaks as they can and go for the shock factor instead of great talent. First Orlando Jordan getting his multi-year contract because he likes sucking cock and now Moore with his ******ed book of Dilligaf. TNA is dying right in front of our eyes and it seems like most are still just in denial.

You think Moore is boring, but Consequences Creed isn't? Moore has a no personality and a bad gimmick, but some third-rate Apollo Creed character with a bitch-tone voice isn't?

I said Creed could do everything Moore could, that includes being boring and having no personality. But yeah, I'd take Creed over Morre any day. Creed is young and hasn't got the aura of somebody who's been a WWE reject twice.

You think guys like Amazing Red or Shark Boy are better options?

Yes, Amazing Red does more flips, which must rurely be what the X-Division is about these days. It sure isn't good wrestling and Shark Boy is over with his gimmick.

By the way, signature Shannon Moore moves: Moore Bomb, Halo and Mooregasm.

They're not his own though, are they? They're just different names for already established moves. You'd never associate any of them with Moore over somebody else.

I dont really mind shannon and he is funny as hell on the hardy show but how his is on camara kinnda freaks me out. He is not a very good wrestler and the person above me is right the best decision he ever made was to become friends with the hardy brothers. Look at what the hardys have done for so many of there friends and i think there friends are only in the places there are now is because of them. Look at shannon moore no one would hire him until jeff went to tna and then all of a sudden tna wanted shannon to come on pretty big coincidence dont you think. No shannon is getting by on who he know and nothing else

I think that TNA had a lot of faith in him his first time around. As soon as he showed up, what did they do? They let him get a pinfall victory over AJ Styles! If that wasn't a show of faith that TNA thought there was something with Moore, I don't know what would.

Of course TNA put Shannon Moore into matches with some of their top stars in AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels. Moore was a frest face to "cross the line" from the WWE to TNA and they were looking to capitalize off of his face value. Sure Moore's name doesn't hold as much significance as Christian's does, but every little bit helps.

How does he repay them? He jumps ship days later to re-sign with WWE. Maybe TNA was naive that they didn't sign him right away instead of just a verbal non-official contract.

To blame anyone for leaving a "I hope they use me next week so I get paid" for a job with a guarentee pay is crazy.

If you're workplace said "Hey SexandWrestling, we really like what you bring, but we're only going to pay you for when we actually need you and we're not too sure how long it will last or if we will even need you week after week." Sure, you would take the job and hope for the best, but once your old employer who happens to be a much bigger company comes along and says "Hey, we want you back and we're going to guarentee you work for a certain amount of weeks. We'll pay you more AND even pay you if we don't end up using you for a week or two" Of course you will leave your new job for your old one.

I really hope they don't make that mistake again because he is just horrid in the ring. I dare anybody to bring up a Shannon Moore match that was even above "meh."

WCW Starrcade 2000. 3 Count vs The Jung Dragons vs Evan Karagias & Jamie Noble.

Sure it was a ladder match, and its pretty hard to make a ladder match look back, but its still a Shannon Moore match that was above “meh.” I’m sure there are others from WCW, but I don’t have time to look them up.

It seems like TNA is trying to just sign as many freaks as they can and go for the shock factor instead of great talent. First Orlando Jordan getting his multi-year contract because he likes sucking cock and now Moore with his ******ed book of Dilligaf.

Saying Orlando Jordan got a multi-year contract because he is gay is absurd. Orlando Jordan is one person who everyone can’t stop talking about right now. On these forums alone, there are lots of threads regarding him on impact! OJ is doing exactly what he needs to be doing, get people talking.

I’m not supporting Shannon Moore. Like I’ve said in an earlier post, I am completely impartial to him being apart of the TNA roster. Did TNA need him? Not even a little bit. Does he hurt TNA as a company by being a member? Not even a little bit.

TNA is dying right in front of our eyes and it seems like most are still just in denial.

TNA at the moment, is the biggest it has ever been. Maybe the product has been better in the past, but to say it is dying isn’t true.

To blame anyone for leaving a "I hope they use me next week so I get paid" for a job with a guarentee pay is crazy.

I don't think many people would have jumped on this as much if Moore would have given some sort of notice to TNA. One week he's beating the TNA posterchild and the next week he's leaving the company to going back to being a WWE jobber. There should be some sort of two-week notice in wrestling but, then, they would have to be recognized as employees instead of "independent contractors."

WCW Starrcade 2000. 3 Count vs The Jung Dragons vs Evan Karagias & Jamie Noble.

I was speaking of singles matches.

Saying Orlando Jordan got a multi-year contract because he is gay is absurd. Orlando Jordan is one person who everyone can’t stop talking about right now. On these forums alone, there are lots of threads regarding him on impact! OJ is doing exactly what he needs to be doing, get people talking.

What exactly are they talking about again? It surely isn't about him liking cock, is it? If he wasn't bisexual or whatever he claims to be, do you think anybody would be talking about Orlando Jordan right now?

I’m not supporting Shannon Moore. Like I’ve said in an earlier post, I am completely impartial to him being apart of the TNA roster. Did TNA need him? Not even a little bit. Does he hurt TNA as a company by being a member? Not even a little bit.

Agreed. He's just a waste of a roster spot to me. I guess Jeff has to have somebody to shoot up with though.

TNA at the moment, is the biggest it has ever been. Maybe the product has been better in the past, but to say it is dying isn’t true.

Dropping down from a 1.5 rating to a .6 in a matter of a few months doesn't make it sound like it's "the biggest it has ever been." It sounds like it's a sinking ship and Hogan is driving the Titanic.

IMO, Moore helped cut a good promo tonight in establishing himself further under the "Book of DILLIGAF" character again tonight when he was featured in the backstage segment with Matt Morgan who was looking for another (mandatory) partner for a TNA World Tag Team match against Team 3D next week on iMPACT!

As acting president, CEO, CFO, CTO vice president, treasurer and sole member of the Shannon Moore fan club here on the WrestleZone forums, I'd just like to take this opportunity to again offer you all a seat on the Moore express bus that's headed straight for the city of Success, population one more (or is that Moore?).

You still don't think Moore is worth your air-time? Still don't think fans give a fuck about him? Watch the segment again. Listen to the crowd reaction and the chant for him (Sha-Non-Moore) that can be heard in the background when he insults Morgan by asking him if he's counting his ego as his partner, and then come back and try to logically tell me it doesn't matter, and that Moore is the fucking anti-Christ come to TNA to destroy it from the inside out, or whatever it is you complain about about with regard to him week-after-week while he continues to put on quality X Division caliber matches in a division still suffering in the wake of having lost Daniels, Joe and AJ all in the course of three years without ever having built a replacement for any of them.

Punk 'em Shannon, and best of luck in your title shot against Kaz next week! Here's to a lengthy feud.

Man was I against this guy when he waltz into TNA and was given a title shot. I've given him plenty of flak along the way but somehow, he managed to make me a fan of his.

Now I never hated him with the vigor of a thousand angry internet smarks, but was just unimpressed by him as a whole. But the guy can certainly wrestle well enough. IMO and this is definitely just my opinion here, when it comes to straight up non-gimmick matches, Moore is better than Hardy. And I'm not saying this because I'm not a huge Hardy fan, but because I actually believe it. Let the flame war begin.

He didn't pull any shit with his first TNA run, man. Such a misconception. TNA are the morons who decided to let him wrestle without a contract, but it's Moore's fault when he's offered more money to go back to the WWE with an actual wrestling contract, and somehow he screwed TNA in the process? If they thought he was that important, they should have given him his contract outright, and not continued to pay him per appearance in the hopes that he wouldn't up and leave for a guaranteed contract elsewhere.

I don't really mean to nitpick but TNA doesn't really give long term contracts to that many performers. Hell, I belive Jeff Hardy has a 120 appearence deal but I wouldn't call that a contract. Hall/Waltman both are pay per appearence as are about 60%-75% of their entire roster. But that is off topic.

I don't personally have a "problem" with Shannon Moore. He can hold his own in a technical match and if needed can be passable in the occasional spotfest. The problems with him is that, as a performer, he does NOTHING to stand out from the pack. He doesn't have a moveset that sets him apart from the pack. An example would be Billy Kidman in WCW. The only reason he stood out, aside from not being Hispanic or Japanese, was his SSP. Other than that 1 move that when you saw it you thought of Kidman, he was in line with the rest of the division. The Canadian Destroyer is what set Petey Williams apart from the rest of the X division, when at the time they all were basically the same character type. That was before the MCMG teamed up and such, so you didn't have the characters that you currently have.
His mic skills, while not as bad as Jeff Hardy's(which anyone will admit are terrible, and not just in TNA but in WWE as well), don't allow him to step away from the crowd. This business is all about showing off your personal brand. Each match/promo markets you to the crowd and that is what management bases their pecking order on. If he came in and stood out, then I would be all for him getting his push up the ladder but he doesn't. Doug Williams is fine because his gimmick is the anti X division wrestler. That makes him stand out, and as such warranted his rise up the ranks. While Creed was good, he didn't stand out either and I wasn't upset when he left. But in reality when you look at it, you replaced Creed with Moore and you don't gain anything by doing that. I personally think Moore would be better served in the tag team ranks, because the type of character he represents would be something that would resonate more as a team dynamic. So basically I don't think it is hate for him, but more confusion on what they see in him as most of us just don't get it.

I actually think Shannon is one of the better additions to the TNA roster. He has a cool look, good in ring ability, hes over with the fans. He can potentially feud with any of several names...whats the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back