Shannon Moore "Stepping Away" From Wrestling?

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
TNA Impact Wrestling star Shannon Moore recently posted the following on Twitter:

"Before someone gets it and twist it. I've decided to step away from wrestling for awhile," he wrote. "I'm putting effort into my own business. Thanks for your support in the ring but for now I am chill'n at home opening my second tat shop and enjoying my family.

Or am I working you.... Who know the wrestling secret talk... Lol.... love you guys peace!!!"

I just wanted to ask if you guys liked shannon moore?, because even though he wasn't...(how do i say it) ''THAT SUCCESSFUL''. I found him really enjoyable to watch. He wasnt bad at all in the ring, he had a really unique move set. And his gimmick ''PRINCE OF PUNK'' was pretty weird, but at the same time also interesting.

im just gonna show a random top 10 moves of his on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjtYapnp_0g

So i just wanted to ask, did you guys enjoy him at all?

I always really dug Moore. I know I'm well known for hammering guys that lack personality, and Moore obviously lacks it (on the mic), but he made up for it elsewhere, and it's upsetting to me personally to see Moore taking a back-seat here. I always thought he was a fantastic X Division competitor and one of the better characters in TNA.

I've never seen anything overly special about Shannon Moore. To me, he's just another indy guy with an overly hyped reputation without the ability to go with it. Moore has been around the wrestling block for literally half his life and has probably already peaked. Even though he's only 32, there's little chance of Moore becoming a significant player in wrestling in the United States. He wasn't a relevant player in WWE nor was he one in TNA.

If Moore just suddenly up and dropped off the face of the earth, I couldn't care less. I imagine we'll see him blogging or giving some sort of interview at some point in the not too distant future ragging on WWE or TNA or both for not being "used right" or some other usual complaint from some wrestler that feels he should've been a major player.

Shannon Moore was/is still one of my favorite underutilized wrestlers and the fact that as soon as he gets a few on-screen appearances he decides to leave kind of sucks. He's better than most give him credit for and I firmly believe without Jeff Hardy bringing him in he has more than enough talent to make it on his own. Then again, it's not like this wasn't expected after Jesse Neal left.

A bright spot from this is maybe Anthony Nesse or Haskins can finally make a few waves taking what spots Moore would have filled.

Good riddance. Shannon Moore was shit. He's always been shit. He looks like shit, he performs like shit, he's as memorable as shit. Even by TNA standards, he should have been cut a long time ago. It's pretty clear that Moore was only ever there because he was part of a deal to get Jeff Hardy into the company again. His long time friendship with the Hardy's is pretty much been the only real reason the shit has got a job anywhere. Have fun with your tat shop, bro. Not many are going to miss you.

I've never seen anything overly special about Shannon Moore. To me, he's just another indy guy with an overly hyped reputation without the ability to go with it.

Over hyped indy guy? I wasn't aware that WWE, WCW, and TNA were the indys, but I digress.

I've always been a fan of Moore, but he is no more than a tag team or X-division guy. I was a pretty big fan of Ink Inc and with the lack of teams in TNA right now, I think Moore and Neal could help the division.

Also I think Moore could have some entertaining X-Division programs with Aries, Ion, and Daniels.

Is it a big loss? Not really, but I would have liked to see him on TV more.

DirtyJosé;3754769 said:
Good riddance. Shannon Moore was shit. He's always been shit. He looks like shit, he performs like shit, he's as memorable as shit.

You certainly do love shit don't you? Well in this case I agree. Moore brought nothing to any orgainistion that he ever wrestled for, he is the true definition of mediocre. For me he was bland at best in the ring, with his bad drop kick and even worse moonsault, he has no mike skills and only got where he did by being friends with Jeff Hardy.

I personally hope his tattoo business goes well as I do not want him performing or attempting to wrestle on my TV ever again.

Shannon Moore was always spectacularly uninspiring as a wrestler and I suspect the majority of his success derived from being associated with the Hardys who probably use whatever meager political clout they managed to acquire in the WWE and later in TNA to keep him afloat. He was pretty much nothing in the WWE and only showed the most occasional flashes of talent in TNA. I suppose Ink Inc. had some promise, but only in that TNA's tag division was completely strapped by the time they rolled around and at that point, guys with a lot of tattoos sufficed for a reasonable gimmick. And frankly, Jesse Neal was the better half of that team. Moore just never really did much for me other than being the standard cruiserweight placeholder who had just enough talent to occupy people's time between programs that actually mattered.

Will I miss Shannon Moore if he's truly gone? Not likely anymore than he'll miss me and considering the two of us have never met...

On Impact Wrestling (or any wrestling show for that matter), you have the performers who have to give you the unexpected and you have those who need to be relied on for their consistency. While his appearance may have been the former it was the latter that was Moore's strong suit.

While the Moore character never rose to super stardom in the WWE or in TNA, he was always there to do his "job". Just recently on Impact he had one helluva showing with Zema Ion. Moore's flawless transition between moves, attractive moveset, and perfect selling was a great example of the underappreciated effort put forth by "enhancement talent" and a sweet taste of X-Division action!

There comes a time in a wrestlers career when he must wonder if the big pay promotions have stopped and if he/she could do better for themselves outside of the ring. Maybe Moore has come to that conclusion? Maybe his contract has run out and he wants to be available to be a part of the WWE's rumored Cruiserweight show? Maybe he's being tricky-tricky and he's not gone at all? It's gotten us talking, anyway...

I'm not sure, but either way I wish the ol' boy best of luck in his ventures. I'm a collector of tattoos; maybe I'll visit one of his shops... Take care and as always best regards, fellow wresting fans.

Pretty much down the middle of some of the extreme opinions flying around. Shannon Moore is just an average wrestler. He a competent performer for certain, but when you've been wrestling for as long as he has and you aren't capable of carrying out at least a decent match, you should probably pack it in unless you're getting payed by the cask full.

Not only was his talking nothing to write home about, but you wouldn't remember what he'd said by the time you'd put pen to paper. Once again, that's not tragic by any means, but it is worse. I struggle to remember anything he's said ever.

The one point I feel like I can score him on is that he seems to have developed the fragrance of a character, a shadow of something memorable I suppose. He's got himself and image and a simple philosophy and he's stuck with it and that image is something recognizable, but if you start to delve any further than the Mohawk and the make-up, you won't find much substance that holds it all together. Shannon Moore is a look and a sort of pretty move-set, but he's not got enough going in either to justify him being classed as underrated. Under-utilized perhaps.

But this sums it all up for me, when I heard this news I assumed it was due to age. I was actually shocked when I found out he was only 32. I mean, he can do a good moonsault but I only recently found out that Daniels is 40 so my scope of possible things in wrestling has been broadened subtly. The idea behind this is that Moore could have been 22, he could have been 42, I didn't ever picture him going anywhere and being anything other and more than what he is now. I seriously doubt he would ever have been anything bigger than the casual face, there to be cheered only when they're..... there I suppose.

I find it hard to believe that some people are talking of missing Moore. For me, there wasn't enough there to miss. I'd like to see Nese be able to move in the spotlight a bit more now, he pulled out some nice performances with Zion recently and I'm sure he's got more to show than that. Here's to you Shannon... I always liked 3-count.

I guess that means the end of Ink, Inc. for now. I cannot help but wonder what will happen to Jesse Neal, assuming he is still even on the roster for TNA.

I guess that means the end of Ink, Inc. for now. I cannot help but wonder what will happen to Jesse Neal, assuming he is still even on the roster for TNA.

He's not. Neal left weeks ago when they asked him to accept a demotion to OVW, the companies new "farm system" promotion based in Ohio. He refused and was shortly thereafter awarded the release that he asked for.

Moore, it seems, is simply taking a hiatus, not actually voiding his contract to leave the company, so the situations are not the same, but Ink Inc. died months ago.

Well this is a shocker. *deadpan*

Apparently no one wants Shannon Moore to perform for them, so he's stepping away. Barry Bonds did the same thing, although for different reasons. Guys like him are a dime a dozen, and who knows, maybe another one of them will catch fire. God knows that Shannon Moore won't.

He's not a shitty wrestler, but he's completely uninspiring and bland, making him a lousy performer. Next!

I've never given any thoughts to him. I guess I kind of can't get over my first experiences with him, being Matt Hardy's bitch.

The look for TNA was very unique, but I always thought he looked like some piece of crap CAW from Smackdown Vs Raw.

His in ring ability was a bit above average, but he lacked any sort of charisma, he toted around his Diligaf book, and I always agree'd, and I didn't give one for him during that stint.

I can't speak on him as a person, because I'm only commenting directly on his gimmicks, we all know that creative decisions probably mean as much, if not more to a performer's career than their actual abilities in some cases. I do think the Ink Ink gimmick is very relative to Shannon Moore the person.

Best of luck though, hopefully the rub from his pro wrestling will help market his business. He certainly appealed to the demographic that would use his services, and I can respect this decision, because I think it's probably a good one for him in the long run.

He's not. Neal left weeks ago when they asked him to accept a demotion to OVW, the companies new "farm system" promotion based in Ohio.

Kentucky... not a dig at you, a lot of people mix that up. Ohio Valley is called that because of the Ohio River that surrounds the areas OVW wrestles in.

Anyway, I can honestly say that Shannon Moore should stick to tattoos. I'm not saying he's a terrible wrestler at all, nor am I saying that he should stop wrestling entirely, but as a resident in SC who's been to his parlor before; it's easy to say that he gets some sick artwork done from time to time. With the amount of money he's making as only a part-time tattoo artist, I'm sure it would heighten much more if he went into it full time.

As far as his wrestling goes, he's got some nice in-ring abilities. But he honestly lacks a bit of charisma, personality, and really just needs something besides the Hardy Boy cloning he gets. Also, being slapped by CM Punk doesn't help much. Or does it?

Shannon Moore is a very good wrestler. And I can't say he didn't have any charisma or personality whatsoever, because his look since his reject gimmick took off was the closest he got to having any charisma or personality. I remember a period when I was solely entertained by this guy, Jimmy Wang Yang and London/Kendrick. It's too bad he never accomplished anything worth noting though. A Cruiserweight Championship in the big leagues would have at least given him something to reflect on.

He's not. Neal left weeks ago when they asked him to accept a demotion to OVW, the companies new "farm system" promotion based in Ohio. He refused and was shortly thereafter awarded the release that he asked for.

I was wondering why I hadn't seen Neal on tv in a while. I thought he was just being buried. Thanks for the info.

I've never been big on Shannon Moore, so his departure isn't going to affect my viewership of Impact Wrestling nor did it when he was in the WWE. As a side note, where my real dislike for him came from him having those stupid vignettes on ECW where he just stood there like a moron while music was playing. Every time I saw him I immediately thought of the movie Payback where Mel Gibson yanks that dudes nose ring out.

If I was his father, I'd beat him with my belt just like Robert Freedman aka Granddad from the Boondocks, shave his head and send him to his room.

I've never really been huge on Shannon Moore. The only time the guy really had my interest was when he and Jesse Neal were a tag team. Had Jesse Neal not been released and Ink Inc. was still around, I probably would care but since Ink Inc. is no more, this doesn't bother me. Moore isn't a bad wrestler but he doesn't exactly stand out in terms of his personality (his look is another story). Him being gone probably won't affect how I watch Impact Wrestling but I do think he could've at least been utilized in some form for the X Division. Aside from that, he wasn't going anywhere anyway so no big deal.

I like Shannon Moore in the sense thats he's decent in the ring and he has a unique look, but aside from his look, he's by the numbers really. I thought they were going to use him to try and help the TV title get some credibility (hence his match against Robbie E) he would have been a good fit for it. (or boosting the X-Division ranks) But it seems not. He probably feels he's not going to be doing much so he probably feels he should concentrate on other things.

Either that or its a work (remember the promo he gave after his match with Robbie E at Against All Odds???)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back