Who is "Mr. Wrestlemania"?

• Shawn Michaels -Always brings his A-Game to the big dance

• Undertaker - Never lost at Wrestlemania

• Hulk Hogan - Has been in more 'Mania main events than anyone

• Steve Austin - Won the WWE title 3 times at Wrestlemania

• Bret Hart - Has been involved in many "5-Star" matches at 'Mania

• Other (Please Post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah i just forgot where undertaker wrestled heidienrich but i mean undertaker has not wrestled the caliber of match that HBK has at wrestlemania, win, lose or draw HBK buts on a gutsy over the top performance at wrestlemanias. I point to wrestlemania 14 with a broken back he went out there and did everything asked of him in that match.

I'm another one who went with 'Taker, for the obvious reason, but I'd still rather watch a HBK 'Mania match because whilst the Undertaker dominates, HBK entertains, every time. He really does step up and give it his all.

This wasn't exactly easy for me, but I had to go with the Undertaker. While HBK of course is the showstoppah and the icon. Hulkamania pretty much invented Wrestlemania, and Wrestlemania pretty much invented Stone Cold. It just doesn't get better for me than 15-0.

Obviously, it has to be Taker. He's the only one to be in 15 Wrestlemania matches and he's won all of them. The only other person that could have done that by now is HBK if he was in every Wrestlemania sense his first Wrestemania match(WM 8?).

I can understand those of you that consider the Undertakers matches to have been the best to pick him. But to go off of win-lose record in an event that is predetermined and probably just going on because the fans are aware of it and want it, kind of gets me.

I picked HBK. I didn't watch when Hogan was the main event so i can't comment on that. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Undertaker because hes a great wrestler, but the 15-0 doesn't make his matches any more memorable. And i personally think Shawn michaels makes his WM matches stand out. I'll admit i'm biased though.

HBK without a shadow of a doubt! Taker's last 5 WM havent meant diddly squat! HBK meanwhile has insanely good matches that are at least believable! (HBK vs Y2J = most under-rated WM match ever?)

HBK definately. The Ladder match with Razor at Wrestlemania X, Iron Man match at 12, vs. Austin at 14, Jericho at XIX, the triple threat at XX, his match with Angle, even his match with Vinnie mac....all those are classic Mania matches and amazing HBK matches...

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing Taker vs HBK at Wrestlemania 24 to find out who the true mr. Wrestlemania is, atleast itd be meaningful, and would keep people guessing as to whether Takers undefeated streak would continue or not....

Bret Hart, had a stellar Wrestlemania X with that match with Owen. His WM12 Iron Man match. The submission match against Austin at WM13 that saved that show. WM8 against Piper to win the Intercontinental Title. WM11 against Bob Backlund in an I quit match. Although he lost to Yokuzuna at WM9 he was still in the main event, plus having his Wrestlemania career begin in tag team matches don't really taint his Wrestlemania legacy. Bret did something at Wrestlemania that very few people did at the big show and that was put people over. Bret may not have the recent Wrestlemania success of others on this list, but he has had moments in his limited Wrestlemania experience to challenge any superstar on this list.

He didn't receive many votes, but since his very first wrestlemania, SCSA has been in the main event, securing 3 championships in his short lived WWE Wrestlemania career. When Austin is not participating as a wrestler in Wrestlemania, he is a referee, which tells fans, that SCSA wants to be apart of the biggest wrestling PPV event of the year, no matter what his role is. He is probably the biggest and most watched superstar the WWE has ever produced, next to Hogan and the Rock.

I've heard Shawn Michaels describe himself as "Mr. Wrestlemania", a debatable point because whenever WM rolls around you can bet HBK always brings out his A-Game.

But it made me think, is he really "Mr. Wrestlemania"?
'Taker is because he has NEVER lost a WM. He's 15-0. He's going to be 16-0 at WM24. He has beaten the likes of Batista and Mark Henry at WM.

If you are talking legendary pressence, then Mr. Wrestlemania would have to go to Hogan. He has had the most legendary moments at Wrestlemania and the crowd eats him up no matter how bad, short, or "Hogan-esqe" the match is. he is one of, if not THE MOST recognizable character who has ever been associated with Wrestlemania, hands down.

If you want to go with hardest worker, then you have to go with Bret Hart. He always brings his "A" game and leaves nothing behind, even if he is booked to lose. When it comes to actually wrestling at "Wrestle"mania, he has never been spoonfed an opponent and has had to carry every match he has been in. Wrestlemaniawise, he is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

If you want to go with ring pressense, when it's a tie between Stone Cold and The Rock. They both have charisma and electricity that is unmatched. Wrestlemania was built around Hogan, revolutionized by Hart, but was brought to a new level by these two men. Wrestlemania's no longer needed mainstream celebrity support in order to flourish when these two headlined the card. They brought about a certain feel that built up anticipation of where they could be both cheered and booed all in the same sentence. They ushered in the era of the "tweener" and broke the mold of what heroes and villians were in wrestling at that time and for the rest of time.

I know that's three seperate arguements, but it was hard to decided as all four men have pluses that measure up equally on different levels.

I think i will have to go with The Unertaker ( n not just because he is my fav wrestler) but the guy is 15-0 at wrestlemania n after he is finished with edge it wil be 16-0.

It isnt just the 15 winning streak but his entrance with the druids is amazing i love it.

A close second is HBK the guy is truly the showstopper, its not only he brings his A game 2 wrestlemania he alwayz brings his a game, it is very hard 2 find a bad hnk match, he even carried john cena 2 a 1 hour classic, n thats hard.

:undertaker2: this post made u REST...IN...PEACE

It's amazing how so many people think Undertaker is Mr. WrestleMania. The true Mr. WrestleMania is clearly Hulk Hogan.

To be considered Mr. WrestleMania, what criteria do we need to look at? Let's see...

- the legacy the wrestler has made for himself at WM
- the overall impact they made on WM, the WWE and pro wrestling as a whole, at WM
- the number of appearances they had
- the number of main events they had
- the number of championships they won/retained
- their win/loss record
- the ability to make their opponents look good/put over other wrestlers
- the draw/attraction they were
- the quality of the matches they had
- the special moments they had

^Those are the things we should be looking at when we're deciding who Mr. WrestleMania is. Obviously some of those things are more important than others, and there might be a few other things that I’ve left out, but those are the ones I can think of right now.

To start off, let's look at Hogan. I don't think it can be argued that he has the biggest legacy in WM history. Hogan simply made WM. He put it on the map. He was a part of the first main event, and since then he's been in more main events than anyone else. He has also left WM as WWE champion more times than anyone else. He was UNDENIABLY THE greatest attraction in WM history. For the first 9 years, people watched it almost solely to watch Hogan. And when he returned at WM18 he was the main attraction once again. No other wrestler has reached this level of mega appeal, except for maybe Austin. He also had some really good matches against Savage, Warrior, Slaughter, Rock, Vince... (the ones against Warrior and Rock were absolute classics). He put Warrior over in the biggest way possible, by giving him the clean win at WM6, at the height of Hulkamania’s popularity. He basically made Warrior in that one night. And finally, who can forget Hogan body-slamming Andre at WM3? Possibly the greatest, and most talked about moment in WM history? When you count all these things up, how can you not agree that Hogan is Mr. WrestleMania?

Now let’s look at Undertaker. No question, he has an amazing legacy at WM, and there is no denying that his 15-0 undefeated streak is simply legendary. However, unlike Hogan, Taker was never the main attraction at WM… Never. He was in the main event (the last match) once, and that was only because HBK lost his smile and didn’t want to job to Hart at WM13. And if you look at all of his matches, only a few of them were any good. The closest to a classic was the one against Triple H. The one against Batista was good, but far from a classic, and overrated in my opinion. His WM14 match against Kane and his WM21 match against Orton were pretty decent, but all of the rest were either mediocre, crap, or just down right awful. It seems that the people who say Undertaker is Mr. WM only have one reason... his streak. However, when you take everything into consideration, you can see that Undertaker is clearly NOT Mr. WM. Possibly not even in the top 5.

I'd put Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels clearly ahead of Undertaker.

Bret Hart's legacy at WM is awesome. He went from a tag-team champion to an IC champion to WWE champion during his record-breaking 12 consecutive appearances at WM... How about that for consistency? He had one of the most underrated IC title matches ever, against a never before been pinned Roddy Piper. And he made 3 stars at WM... Owen Hart, HBK and Austin (HBK and Austin being two of the biggest stars of all-time). Without their uber classic matches against Hart at WM, they wouldn't have had the successful careers that they had. Hart put people over at WM, and in Austin's case, beat him and still made him look good.

Shawn Michaels is pretty much equal to Hart, it's really hard for me to decide who was better at WM. HBK had classic after classic after classic after classic (against Razor, Hart, Jericho, Angle, etc), probably more great matches at WM than anyone else. But he never made a star out of anyone, the way Hart did. He could've given Jericho a HUGE rub at WM19, but he didn't.

Steve Austin was also great at WM. He had some great matches (especially against Hart (WM13) and Rock (WM17), and he was the second biggest attraction in WM history, behind Hogan.

Randy Savage also deserves a strong mention. He also had many classics at WM. His match against Steamboat at WM3 was one of the most beautiful pieces of art I've ever seen. His match against Warrior at WM7 is one of my all-time favorites, which told a masterful story, not to mention his other great matches against Hogan and Flair. Savage made every one of his WM opponents look like a million dollars.

Overall, my top 10 list of greatest stars in WM history would be:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. Bret Hart
3. Shawn Michaels
4. Steve Austin
5. Randy Savage
6. Undertaker
7. Triple H
8. The Rock
9. Kurt Angle
10. Chris Benoit

Mr. Wrestlemania has to be H.B.K. You could make a case for any of the other guys, but nobody can outpreform Michaels at Mania. He had the best match at wrestlemania 10, 11, 12, 14, 19, 20, 21, and 23, and his match at 22 was really good with vince, i dont know if it was the best though. He is untouchable at wrestlemania, he is the true Mr. Wrestlemania

It's A Tough One But Im Gonna Go With HBK. Even Though Taker Is 15-0, His Last 5 Matches At Mania Haven't Been That Good + Shawn Michaels Always Brings His A-Game At Mania & Has Put On The best Matches, So Yeah Shawn Michaels Is The True Mr. Wrestlemania.

There are only four people up there who deserve this title:

Austin, Hogan, Undertaker, and Shawn Michaels.

Austin has had many memorable matches. Wrestlemania 13, Wrestlemania 14, Wrestlemania 15, Wrestlemania 17 and Wrestlemania 19. All of them were great and his opponent were Bret Hart, The Rock, and Shawn Michaels. They were great but three of those matches are about the hype and rivalry and the matches were all the same thing. All three of them.

Undertaker is 15-0 at Wrestlemania. That is pretty amazing to keep a streak like that at Wrestlemania. His matches have been okay at best. His opponents have been an old Snuka, a drugged Roberts, horrible Giant Gonzalez, sloth Bundy, slow and boring Nash, stiff Sid, Kane twice, horrible Big Bossman, Triple H, Ric Flair, Big Show and the boring A-Train, Randy Orton, worthless Henry, and Batista. Most of his matches have been terrible aside from Kane, Triple H, Ric Flair, Batista, and Orton. The rest of his matches have been terrible because of his opponents. People are only voting for him for his streak which doesn't make him Mr. Wrestlemania.

Hogan and Shawn Michaels are the only two people valuable of this title.

Hogan has had nine main events. That is more than anyone else. Most of his matches have been great and huge. All of them drew and there is no denying that. He put Wrestlemania on the map. His other match with the Rock is huge. He creates a crowd like no other.

Michaels always ends up in the best match of the night. Other matches might completely suck but you can always look forward to his matches. He has countless classics from Wrestlemania 8, Wrestlemania 10, Wrestlemania 11, Wrestlemania 12, Wrestlemania 14, Wrestlemania 19, Wrestlemania 20, Wrestlemania 21, and Wrestlemania 22.

Seven of those matches have won Match of the Year.

I have to go with Shawn by just a little bit because of the quality of his matches.

by far shawn michaels. if there is a big crowd, or a big event for that matter, shawn is going to deliver. i cant recall any match of his that didn't live up to the hype

As much as I love Shawn Michaels and respect his illustrious career, he falls to second for this poll! The TRUE Mr. Wrestlemania has to be the man who has never lost at that particular spectacle...the Undertaker. The Phenom is undefeated, and has gone an astonishing 15-0 at the PPV. That sentence alone speaks for itself, and tells why I chose the Undertaker for the particular title. I hope the WWE never tarnishes this guy's record by having him be beaten. That would simply not be fair to the man or the business!

Im going to go with HBK. HBK always out performs everyone when it comes to Wrestlemania, he puts on quality matches and carries whoever his up against. He has had great matches with Cena, Vince, Kurt Angle!, HHH and Benoit, Y2J and the list goes on! While the Undertaker is undefeated at Wrestlemania, some of his matches were crap like his match at Wm19 with the Big show and the one with Mark Henry was alright, but not the best. HBK always has great matches and always shines, so my vote goes to him.

The TRUE Mr. Wrestlemania has to be the man who has never lost at that particular spectacle...the Undertaker. The Phenom is undefeated, and has gone an astonishing 15-0 at the PPV. That sentence alone speaks for itself, and tells why I chose the Undertaker for the particular title.

So your only reason is his streak? Those wins were all scripted, not real. This isn't a real sport, this is sports entertainment. Win/loss records don't mean as much. Obviously, wins/losses have some significance, and the undefeated streak has given Undertaker an amazing legacy. But far too many people are making too much of a big deal about it. His matches, for the most part, sucked. That cannot be forgotten.

I read this in another thread, and thought it was perfect to put in here.

All you have to do is look at it this way: Wrestlemania is THE biggest wrestling event each year. Wrestlemania made guys like Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Austin, Rock, etc.; Hulk Hogan made Wrestlemania.

^That basically says it all.

HBK all the way, not many people can say their match always delivers, but HBK is one of them. Everyone else on the list has at least one bad WM match to their credit, with the exception of maybe Austin.

i would have to say John Cena. he has yet to lose at wrestlemania, as well as undertaker, and he has had great matches at all of the wrestlemania he has been in, and i would have to say that wrestlemania 22 has been the best for him so far and also his match with shawn micheals

I would say HBK. Who has brought his A game to the biggest stage and always delivered? Easy, HBK. This guy has gotten better year after year. After his 2002 return he has stolen WM with 4+ star matches against y2j, vince, kurt, triple threat vs benoit and hhh. Prior to that he had great memorable matches with Bret hart (iron man), Razor Roman (ladder).........

Its not the number of matches you've at mania or unbeaten streak. Its about the quality of the match and being able to deliver at the biggest spectacle of them all and HBK gives his all, each time he comes to the dance

I'm going with Bret Hart. Why? He held all three titles at some point or another at the event. Wrestlemania 3 - tag champion, Wrestlemania 8 - IC champion, Wrestlemania 9,10,12 - World champion. He didn't win at each event (which means about shit to me, most of the Undertaker matches have sucked a big fucking dick), but having those spots when the show rolls around and having great matches makes someone Mr. Wrestlemania.

I have to go with the Undertaker here, he is undefeated 15-0 and because has had so many awesome matches, However Shawn Micheals is a really close second because all of his Wrestlemania matches are always the highlight of the night, but Undertaker gets the edge with his undefeated streak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back