Who is "Mr. Wrestlemania"?

• Shawn Michaels -Always brings his A-Game to the big dance

• Undertaker - Never lost at Wrestlemania

• Hulk Hogan - Has been in more 'Mania main events than anyone

• Steve Austin - Won the WWE title 3 times at Wrestlemania

• Bret Hart - Has been involved in many "5-Star" matches at 'Mania

• Other (Please Post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right before The Undertaker.. it would be Hulk Hogan. Who else has been in as many main events at WrestleManias? He was also the one who main evented the first ever WrestleMania as well as had some famous matches such as Pontiac Silverdome Hulk Hogan vs Andre, WM 6 Hogan vs Warrior, WM 18 Hogan vs Rock, etc. and this is despite the fact I don't even like The Hulkster!

After Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker is Steve Austin and The Rock. Yes, I did say Stone Cold and The Rock. Austin/Rock WM 15, 17, 19. The Rock had his memorable match with Hulk Hogan at WM 18 and Austin had his memorable time facing The Hitman and his first title win against Shawn Michaels.

I can't beleive I have just done that! I had to make Hogan Mr WM!

Yes, I put him over HBK, Taker, Hart and Austin.

Because he made Wrestlemania what it is. Yes, Taker is 15-0 at WM, that will never happen again, but Hogan mainevented WM1, and was involved in pretty much every main event upt WM10! I think thats better than a 15-0 winning streak in my eyes.

I love what people say about HBK, but the fact is, he didn't even show up for the first few, and when he debuted it was in a losing effort with the Rockers. Love the team, but that has to set him back, no?

I begrudgingly say Hogan, because without him, Wrestlemania isn't what it is today. He took a concept that people were not sure about, got everybody behind it, and helped make it a spectacle.

However, my write in for Mr. Wrestlemania, is Howard Finkel. Hasn't missed one yet, and TALK ABOUT A-Game!

Kurt Angle wins he had one of the best triple threats ever with benoit and jericho a great one on one with benoit the title matches with lesner and guerrero were good matches hell he was fun to watch against orton and mysterio the only bad match which wasnt that bad was against kane and he was in the best mania match perhaps best match ever with shawn micheals As a person i have my issues with him but going on matches alone even if there werent that many HE WINS

You know this answer..it has to be Hogan, or Taker. I dont really like either of them..

Hogan was in a lot of main events.. someone said almost 10.. he probably won 9 of them..

Taker's never been defeated..and has been in a variety of matches..only 2 of which have been main-events..Some have been main even caliber..but only twice the real thing..

Hogan really built the buisness.. so you have to give it to him.

Main events are a lot longer than "B" Matches, and quite frankly, more exciting, as they should be.

So i give it to Hogan.

I have to go with The Undertaker because of the fact that he's undefeated. It's pretty close between Hogan and Taker, but I just feel going 15-0 at the biggest event is something that no one will accomplish. Yeah, no one may never eclipse the feat of Hogan's appearances in main events, but there's a better chance of that happening than someone snapping Undertaker's streak. That's just how I feel.

I'd say it's a tie between HBK and Taker,

Undertaker because he's 15-0 and he always puts on a memorable Wrestlemania match

HBK because he stole the show at Wrestlemania 21 against Kurt Angle and in the ladder match at Wrestlemania 10

I truly believe that HBK is truly Mr. Wrestlemania.The close second would be the Undertaker and then I'd have to go with Hogan.

But HBK is the man of the WWE. He put on quite a performance at every wrestlemania he was in.Whether it was a losing effort or a winning effort it was amazing. Here is a quick list of notable wrestlemania matches Shawn was in:

Wrestlemania VIII:HBK vs.Tito Santana result-HBK wins
Wrestlemania IX:HBK vs.Tatanka result-HBK wins
Wrestlemania X:HBK vs. Razor Ramon (Scott Hall)Ladder Match IC Title result-Razor Ramon wins.But one of the greatest losing efforts in mania history to HBK in my opinion.
Wrestlemania XI:Diesel vs. HBK result- Diesel wins. This match was a fluke considering Michaels had him beat at one point where Diesel was knocked out!
Wrestlemania XII: HBK vs. Bret Hart result-HBK wins.One of the greatest Wrestlemania matches of all time.
Wrestlemania XIV: HBK vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin result- Austin Wins. This is personally my favorite Wrestlemania match of all time. I especially liked Michaels when he was in the original DX.
Wrestlemania XIX:HBK vs. Chris Jericho result- HBK wins. This was one of the four main events for mania. Great match.
Wrestlemania XX: HBK vs. Benoit vs. HHH- result Benoit wins. Great match by all three guys. Future top 20 mania match.
Wrestlemania 21:HBK vs. Angle- resultAngle wins. The true sleeper match for mania 21.
Wrestlemania 22: HBK vs. McMahon- result HBK wins. Surprisingly an entertaining match with Vince actually putting on a great show of a match with HBK.
Wrestlemania 23: HBK vs. Cena-result F'n Cena wins. I knew Cena would win because he will probably beat Taker's undefeated Wrestlemania record sadly. I truly hate John Cena on camera. But this match was one for the ages.

So all in HBK has a: 6-6 record at wrestlemania I left out wrestlemania seven with the rockers.The record really doesnt matter because the performance is what counts and thats what HBK always does. Hw performs. He really is the Showstopper and the Main Event.Cant forget the true Icon of the WWE.

I gotta go with HBK. Taker's undefeated, but not all of his matches are classics. Weren't the first few of his WM matches squashes? And he hasn't always had legendary opponents now has he? Mark Henry, Giant Gonzales, a handicap match vs. Big Show and A-Train? HBK has wrestled the best WWE has to offer, year in and year out, Steve Austin, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, HHH, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and that ladder match with Razor Ramon is without a doubt one of the most amazing matches in WM history.
I'd also like to point out that Edge also puts on one hell of a show at WM. Even with that forgettable plotline, the Edge-Booker T match at WM18 was one of the better natches of the evening. And he's stolen the show at WM16, 17, and 22.

I thought about voting Taker, but then I looked at his Wrestlemania record and the way his matches ended.

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka: He got owned. 1-0

Jake "The Snake" Roberts: He got owned. 2-0

Giant Gonzalez: DQ. Cheap win. 3-0

King Kong Bundy: He pinned him after a clothesline. A 400-lb guy downed by a clothesline. Oh well 4-0.

Diesel: This is one of my "favorites." He no-sells a jack knife powerbomb, the move that, coupled with a cattle prod, ended Goldberg's undefeated streak. 5-0

Sid: Taker won thanks to Bret Hart. A LOT of thanks to Bret Hart. 6-0

Kane: Great matchup. 7-0

Big Boss Man: HIAC, great matchup. 8-0

Triple H: Got hit in the face with a sledgehammer, and got up. 9-0

Ric Flair: He got owned and he had help. 10-0

A-Train and Big Show: Just a match to keep his streak active. It was pretty apparent that he wouldn't lose his streak at this point. 11-0

Kane II: Good matchup again. 12-0

Randy Orton: He did the same thing to Orton that Cena did at Summerslam. 13-0

Mark Henry: F*** Mark Henry. 14-0

Batista: Taker carried Batista through this match, and Tista didn't deserve to beat Taker. 15-0

Not an eye-piercing list, especially given the way he won most of those matches. He had to no-sell or poorly sell finishers to get the win...he had like 3-4 good matches that I agreed with.

HHH was in great match at 16 fatal four way, 17 vs undertaker, 18 vs jericho, 19 vs booker t, 20 in the triple threat, 21 vs batista and 22 vs cena. He headlined 16,18,20,21, and 22. I think that is the most headlines after hogan who had boring matches. HBK had 12,14,20 and 23.

I would have to say Hulk Hogan was Mr. Wrestlemania- 'cuz he's been in more WM Main Events Than ANYBODY... I never liked him, or his tv show but i guess i have to believe Hogan Is Mr. WM.

I've gotta say Hulk Hogan. He headlined the first ever WrestleMania which was deemed a successful risk, he's a tonnes of WrestleMania moments and participated in some memorable matches.

Do I like the decision? No, I much rather would've chosen Stone Cold or HBK or Bret Hart, but Hulk Hogan really is Mr. WrestleMania

Hogan may well be one of the main reasons behind the success of WM, but not because he was supremely talented, he was just in the right place at the right time being the first champ to headline. Sure some of his matches appeared great, at the time, but it's hard to go back and watch them other than for nostalgia. The atmosphere was great though, something which seems to be missing from today, but then that's probably because we see PPV's more often and generally know who will win what match. Being the first makes you important, but not neccesarily the best. If we all had a time machine and could go back, would we watch WM 1 - 9 just becuase of Hogan? Don't think so.

Similarily the Undertaker has a great streak, but I've never thought of him as being the reason to watch WM, he's just like half time at the superbowl, or the 3rd / 4th Playoff in the World Cup - entertaining but not why people are tuning in.

For quality matches it would have to be HBK. You can go back and watch nearly all his performances and they still stand the test of time for entertaining matches, many of which at the time you wouldn't have been able to guess a winner. If I was to pick up the WM Anthology, it would mainly be because of him.

However I would say Mr Wresltemania has to be the creator himself, Vince McMahon. He created an event that then helped and drive forward the change in the future of wrestling and is the reason why we are all talking about it to this day. Plus he's been in some entertaining matches and angles himself.

Depends on when your height of wrestling interest was. I imagine if you were a huge fan in the 80s it would be Hogan and if you were a huge fan in the late 90s it would be Austin. And years from now I'm sure people will say Cena.

I suppose you would have to go with the Undertake overall, under the guise that he is undefeated and performs well.

I truly believe that HBK is truly Mr. Wrestlemania.The close second would be the Undertaker and then I'd have to go with Hogan.

But HBK is the man of the WWE. He put on quite a performance at every wrestlemania he was in.Whether it was a losing effort or a winning effort it was amazing. Here is a quick list of notable wrestlemania matches Shawn was in:

Wrestlemania VIII:HBK vs.Tito Santana result-HBK wins
Wrestlemania IX:HBK vs.Tatanka result-HBK wins
Wrestlemania X:HBK vs. Razor Ramon (Scott Hall)Ladder Match IC Title result-Razor Ramon wins.But one of the greatest losing efforts in mania history to HBK in my opinion.
Wrestlemania XI:Diesel vs. HBK result- Diesel wins. This match was a fluke considering Michaels had him beat at one point where Diesel was knocked out!
Wrestlemania XII: HBK vs. Bret Hart result-HBK wins.One of the greatest Wrestlemania matches of all time.
Wrestlemania XIV: HBK vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin result- Austin Wins. This is personally my favorite Wrestlemania match of all time. I especially liked Michaels when he was in the original DX.
Wrestlemania XIX:HBK vs. Chris Jericho result- HBK wins. This was one of the four main events for mania. Great match.
Wrestlemania XX: HBK vs. Benoit vs. HHH- result Benoit wins. Great match by all three guys. Future top 20 mania match.
Wrestlemania 21:HBK vs. Angle- resultAngle wins. The true sleeper match for mania 21.
Wrestlemania 22: HBK vs. McMahon- result HBK wins. Surprisingly an entertaining match with Vince actually putting on a great show of a match with HBK.
Wrestlemania 23: HBK vs. Cena-result F'n Cena wins. I knew Cena would win because he will probably beat Taker's undefeated Wrestlemania record sadly. I truly hate John Cena on camera. But this match was one for the ages.

So all in HBK has a: 6-6 record at wrestlemania I left out wrestlemania seven with the rockers.The record really doesnt matter because the performance is what counts and thats what HBK always does. Hw performs. He really is the Showstopper and the Main Event.Cant forget the true Icon of the WWE.

Just for the record, Tatanka did beat Michaels at WM IX, but Michaels kept the belt because it was a dq win. Also, if you mention the "fluke" of the Diesel VS HBK match, you should also mention that Michaels had help in beating Tito Santana, and that the Iron man match with Bret should have been a draw. It should also be noted that Bret, not Micheals, was the ring general in that match, Bret made it happen. Therefore, in my opinion, MBK is NOT Mr. Wrestlemania.

Although i hate him. i would have to say Undertaker, he is the only guy like what is it 15-0? at wrestlemania, comon' anybody who can do that is a very good chance at being Mr. Wrestlemania.

My Vote: Undertaker:)

I say Shawn Michaels is Mr. Wrestlemania because he always brings his A game and the people he wrestles always wrestle there best. Michaels brings out the best in those he wrestles.
Undertaker might be undefeated but he hasnt always wrestled the best matches at Wrestlemania I point to the Heidienrich and Mark Henry matches as example.

I say Shawn Michaels is Mr. Wrestlemania because he always brings his A game and the people he wrestles always wrestle there best. Michaels brings out the best in those he wrestles.
Undertaker might be undefeated but he hasnt always wrestled the best matches at Wrestlemania I point to the Heidienrich and Mark Henry matches as example.

Heidenreich didnt wrestle Undertaker at Wrestlemania.Ever. And as much as i hate it and its been said before, Hogan is my vote for Wrestlemania because of his many many main event matches that were very memorable he has been in and he can be credited with helping to create and evolve it into what we now see every year. Hogan is Wrestlemania one way or another.

shawn michaels is definetly mr wrestlemania, he has had many memorable moments at wrestlemania like when he wrestled razor ramon at wrestlemania 10, bret hart at wrestlemania 12, stone cold at wrestlemania 14, kurt angle at wrestlemania 21 and this year john cena at wrestlemania 23 by the way i think wwe made the right decision by putting them on last at wrestlemania 23even though we all expected taker vs. batista to be on last and finally i would like to state shawn michaels has one of the best wrestlemania entrances ever, you know the one at wrestlemania 12

I have to agree Undertaker is defiently MR WRESTLEMANIA Undertakers been involved in some of the most memorable wrestlemania moments he always brings his A-Game and to add to that he has never lost at Wrestlemania, 15-0 who could ever top that record?

This is quite the poll. It depends what you mean by Mr. Wrestlemania though. I would definitely rule out Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin to begin with. Well call me a Bret Hart mark but he put both of the above on the map in my opinion.

Hulk Hogan could be Mr. Wrestlemania because he headlined eight of the first nine Wrestlemanias and basically put wrestling on the map.

Undertaker could be called Mr. Wrestlemania because of his incredible 15-0 streak. That record will never be broken (I hope).

Bret Hart could also be called Mr. Wrestlemania because he has the record for most consecutive Wrestlemania appearances with twelve, not to mention his great matches. He is the best storyteller that's been in the business.

EDGE- not only is edge unbeaten but he has had great WM matches.
he far exceeds what wm stands for and I think he is just going to continue that.

taker may be 14-0 but some of those matcehs were weak. I can honestly say that if I were to watch every wm from one wrestler in one sitting it would be Edge

Undertaker hands down! His match with batista at mania 23 was phenominal and probably batistas best match in the ring. 5 Stars that match was just great. Don't forget the 15-0 record neveer forget!!!!

Undertaker and Hulk Hogan hands down for me. Hulk Hogan paved the way for Wrestlemania to be a success, although he couldn't put on a match he had the entertainment value that made you sit in your seat. The Undertaker has kept people of all generations around just to see his streak continue and it will keep attracting more people to come and has also put on some okay matches aswell.

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels are close seconds. I dont find their accomplishments at Wrestlemania near as big as the previous 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back