Who can save the tag team division in the WWE?

Who can save the tag team division in the WWE?

• World's Greatest Tag Team

• Paul London & Brian Kendrick

• Cryme Tyme

• Cade and Murdoch

• The Major Brothers

• Duece and Domino

• The Highlanders

• DX

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cryme Tyme and the current World Tag Team Champions (Cade and Murdoch), have a feud going on, but when they fight, the title arent on the line. When was the last time they defended those belts? Vengeance, perhaps? Well, if any team deserves a shot, its Cryme Tyme. Brian and Kendrick proved to be very good WWE Tag Team Champions, but on RAW, they're not as exciting as they used to be. The World's Greatest Tag Team is wasting their time on Cody Rhodes, which is pretty pathetic.

We'll people keep talking about the lack of Tag Team talent in the WWE , I think theres too much of it. If the had 5-6 Tag Teams , merge the belts , and then develop them from there. Tag teams don't need to be amazing wrestlers. Just need a decent gimmick , a couple of decent tag team moves. I personally really like Cryme Time , really a charismatic team , which the WWE needs. Id have them , along with Londrick , Deuce and Domino and a couple of others.

They need to merge the belts. Its not interesting anymore. Just have one WWE Tag Team Title. Rather than that and the World Tag Team Title.

Another thing to save the division , is that it needs more consistant exposure. When was the last time that either of the tag belts were defended at a PPV?

They need to merge the belts. Its not interesting anymore. Just have one WWE Tag Team Title. Rather than that and the World Tag Team Title.

Another thing to save the division , is that it needs more consistant exposure. When was the last time that either of the tag belts were defended at a PPV?

I've had the same thoughts very recently. I thought about how the Undisputed Championship was formed by merging the World Heavyweight Championship (the former WCW World Championship) and the WWE Championship (then the WWF title). When Kane and The Undertaker won the WWF Tag Team Titles and the WCW Tag Team Titles, they didn't just carry one belt representing both, and didn't have the title of "Undisputed Tag Team Champion". Its said there are two Tag titles and two world titles just so both SmackDown! and RAW superstars have something to fight for in their own brand, but ever since Backlash 2007, PPVs are no longer brand exclusive, so why not merge the belts?

Another thing. To answer the question of when they were last defended at a PPV, Vengeance 2007....Cade and Murdoch need to defend more often

I can't stand duece and domino. Mainly becuase I hate greasers. I hate people who try to be cool by dressing up like their from the 50's. There's a lot of people like that in my area. Their trying to be cool by not being cool. Which is trying to be cool. They say there not "conforming" so I guess the only solution is to dress like a greaser. When in reality they are conforming. There conforming by trying to be cool through being different. BTW I think long long side burns look ridiculous. Idiots!

I think a team like "Londrick" could be really marketable and could be a part of building back up the tag team division, especially on Raw. Cade and Murdoch are great heels and can be good tag division if they're ever used. The problem is the WWE doesn't give any of the tag teams a shot to give a 10-15 minute match. The titles not being defended on one of your major ppv's is just sad. Many reports stated that the dark match that took place before Summerslam was the second best match of the night. A feud between Londrick and the team of Cade/Murdoch could help bring back some dignity in the tag division.

crymetyme should get the push, along with wgtt, for raw. for smackdown, they need some more tagteams or maybe two factions. ecw, they need more of a roster to get that kinda push, their is only so much you can do in an hour.

I think they need a new young team that is hungry and ready to be pushed big time. You know, that team that just stands out from everyone else? Demolition, LOD, the Rockers, Rock N' Roll Express, etc. Teams like those is what WWE is lacking.

They are jobbing London & Kendrick now, they had the titles for a year so what, they were growning on me, WWE should give them the World Tag instead of giving it to people for random reasons all the time

I think what the WWE needs is to sign back both the duddleys and VKM. I mean the duddleys are amazing in ring performers and vkm(new age outlaws) are very amazing on the mic. Thoese two teams and maybe the steiners could really help elevate the tag team division into new heights. I always thought the duddleys were the tag team that always carried edge/christian and hardyz through their feuds. I think bubba and dvon could really carry lackluster teams like londrick and wgtt and make them better. Also by adding steriners & vkm you have experiencethat can hekp get over younger fresher teams like (boring) cryme time or the charismatic team who i belive can be the next big team "the major brothers"!

I picked Cade and Murdoch. They're more traditional. Hell, Murdoch looks like a wrestler from years ago. I like that.

WWE needs some solid tag work, and Cade and Murdoch provide that.

Without a doubt, the last thing the WWE needs to fix the tag division is DX again.

I think what the WWE needs is to sign back both the duddleys and VKM.

I do too! That would help TNA a lot. And with all the worry of the Wellness Policy, they wouldn't have to stress over Bubba Ray at all.

What is Kip James wearing to the ring these days? Billy and Chuck ended years ago...he doesn't have to dress like he likes boys.

well i would say WGTT and londrick, since it takes 2 to save the division lol, these 2 teams could put on some hell of feuds, kinda like hardys vs E&C, i would say that they lack mic skills but when i think of it many great tag teams didnt say 2 words o_O...

and i hope they do sign vkm and team 3D again, it would really help TNA, but i dont see them helping WWE.. team 3D could actually still do somethings for the younger guys but i dont think they wanna job, and VKM just needs to retire already...

Right now, I don't think the tag team division CAN be saved. The Highlanders are useless, Major Brothers are too green, Deuce & Domino are annoying, Cade and Murdoch are completely devoid of getting the fans interested, Cryme Time's fired, and the World's Greatest Tag Team consists of a guy who is underrated (Shelton) and a guy who isn't his equal and is currently suspended (Haas). Londrick got my vote, but they alone can't save it. What I think they should be doing is teaming up those jobbers they have so at least there are some fresh tag teams every so often. I'd like to see a gimmick tag team of Super Crazy and Jimmy Wang Yang or something, lol, even if they wouldn't be title holders. Also, a big help would be to just get rid of having 2 titles and make it a cross-brand defense.

The problem with these tag teams is that they're all lacking half of the equation. London and Kendrick are awesome performers, but when do they ever get on the mic? Deuce & Domino are just costumes and a car, not enough pure talent to make them interesting. The Highlanders are a waste altogether, etc. The best wrestlers out there can juggle both mic skills and in-ring skills at the same time, and the best tag teams out there can do both as well as have some sort of gimmick or point to their teaming up that draws the audience's attention. Owen Hart and the British Bulldog didn't need to call themselves the Hart Foundation, but they were both great on the mic and amazing performers. Legion of Doom, great tag team. Even the Headbangers were able to get the audience interested and show them a good match - granted, you wouldn't see Mosh gunning for the WWE title, but they were two guys you know you could put in a tag team match and the audience wouldn't snore.

I'm really hoping that the new Hart Foundation acts as the jumper cables to boost the WWE, but realistically, I think the main problem here is that with the tri-brand set up, you're spreading your rosters so thin that you simply don't have enough talent to use as tag teams (especially not when you're firing them left and right and suspending them for 30 days).

wwe has good tag teams, they just dont highlight them like the main eventers, there basically just fill in matches but all are pretty decent......cryme tyme, london and kendrick, wgtt, highlanders are a good run over team(u need those), cade and murdoch, duece and domino, major bros seem decent. dx doesnt really need to be tag champs, along with cena and hbk as champs

but when the hardy boyz tag up thats when the tag team matches have more of a bigger feel than the norm IMO......... TLC allllllll the waaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the wwe can save it by getting rid of one set of title belt.
the tag team divsion is to weak to have 1 lot of title belts , let alone 2!
The most over team on the roster have been let go aswell so things just get better!

Although they are now gone, im gonna say Cryme Tyme, they were the only tag team that made me wanna watch tag wrestling, all the rest are shite compared to how they used to be.

Cryme Tyme may not have been the best in ring performers (but a hell of alot better than most wrestlers these days regardless) but they had that X factor that made you care about them, which cant be said about any other tag team.

I agree with mtuphill, but I would like to elaborate further.

It seems to me the #1 reason WWE had separate tag team championships on either major brand was to create the appearance of competing brands. As though having separate tag team champions also afforded each brand an identity. To that end, I totally understand the reasons behind it.

With a depleted roster and waning interest, as well as the drop off in quality on Smackdown and the packaging of RAW as the "major show," the appearance of separate brands has diminished. More and more, shows are co-branded. As a result, there is less need for separate tag-team championships. You rarely ever see both tag titles defended at one pay per view either way.

I have said all along that RAW should house the tag-team division, and send the Women's title to Smackdown. If the tag division was on one show only, you could have Cade and Murdoch, Deuce and Domino, London and Kendrick, The Major Brothers, The Highlanders, etc. on one show. Smackdown is NOT going to bring the tag division back to life, but it won't kill the Women's division either.

Well, Cryme Tyme was recently released so there out even though I thought they were ready to be champions which sucks because they were a great tag team, the Hardys aren't going to do much unless you count MVP and Matt's reign as champions, DX isn't going to be re-united for some time because Shawn Michaels isn't going to be back soon, but I think Paul London and Brian Kendrick are an awesome tag team with great chemistry, what they should do is unite some of the lesser-known Superstars like Cody Rhodes and other beginners and create new tag teams. I think Cody has good team chemistry to work well with others.

I think Cade and Murdoch and London and Kendrick can revitalize the tag division, but neither can do it withiut the other. The Hardys wouldn't have been as over if it weren't for thier rivalry with Edge and Christian, and vice versa. Cade and Murdoch are a great heel team. I love when they guest commentate. They are very articulate for a "redneck" team. If Londrick can learn to cut promos, and then get just one or two other decent teams in the mix, the tag division will be fine. Oh, and yeah, I agree, there should only be one set of tag titles.

As much as I may not like them, Cade and Murdock are far from my favorite tag team at the moment, but what they've been doing lately is what we need to save the devision, so I'm cool with it. When is the last time you saw an actual tag team talking to anyone? The Rednecks have what it takes to at least create a decent tag team storyline, now all we need is to put a mic in the hands of Londrick, and we'll have a great feud! And while thats going on, they should do somthing about all the titles, like have the Tag Team, Crusierweights, and Womans all on different shows, or all tri branded. I'd say that at Cyber Sunday or Survivor Series, we should have some tri branded title matches for all those titles, How many people would like to see a fatal four way tag team match between Londrick, Rednecks, Hardys, and, well any other team really. It'd be golden!

One team cannot save the tag division. The reason the division is suffering is there are no feuds or build up to the matches, thus the fans don't get behind the teams. If there is no build up, why should the fans pay for a PPV match thats no different from RAW or Smackdown. I agree totally with IrishCanadian25's argument about why the WWE doesn't need two titles, they are having enough trouble trying to build one.

They need Deuce and Domino to seriously feud with MVP and Hardy and not just have them get dominated the way they did against Batista. That is a huge problem with the tag teams, they job hardcore to the main eventers. The worst thing that ever happened to the World Tag Team titles was the Michaels/Cena reign. They squashed Cade and Murdoch, the WGTT, and MNM all in a row. They need to stop using the tag teams to cement already established stars.

As for who I voted for, it was the WGTT becasue I believe a feud with London and Kendrick is what this division needs (London and Kendrick have more votes so I went with WGTT).

To take thisiscrazy's point one step further, the Tag Team Division is famous for creating new and future stars (Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Thrillseekers, Steiners, etc.) but when tag team titles are used to elevate the storylines of two established main eventers, you lost the opportunity to create those future stars. We may not have had Bret "Hitman" Hart as we know him if The Hart Foundation had jobbed the tag titles to Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior.

To take thisiscrazy's point one step further, the Tag Team Division is famous for creating new and future stars (Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Thrillseekers, Steiners, etc.) but when tag team titles are used to elevate the storylines of two established main eventers, you lost the opportunity to create those future stars. We may not have had Bret "Hitman" Hart as we know him if The Hart Foundation had jobbed the tag titles to Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior.

Exactly, you need to sit in on a WWE meeting and bring this up. It seems they have no clue what kind of talent they are losing because they look at tag teams as jobbers instead of talent, either present or future. Shelton Banjamin has a huge following, especially here in Minnesota where he wrestled for the University of Minnesota, but he has been jobbed out so bad that they may have ruined all of his credibility as a wrestler.

You can't save what is already dead. Just like the IC belt, the WWE killed the Tag Team Belts/Division. But what can you do, at least they try to have some cohesive teams once in a while. Smackdown fares a little better then RAW, or at least used to, but now most of your "tag teams" are random pairings (see MVP and Matt Hardy).

But either way, the tag team division can be saved, as long as the WWE can use the tag teams the right way. As of now, Cade and Murdoch and londrick can save the tag division on Raw, but Smackdown has no real tag teams. SD only has about 2 teams and other pairings.

Lets be real, the tag team division is in absolute ruins, the worst it has ever been. Only the likes of DX, or someone with that kind of star power can SAVE THE TAG TEAM division. Although giving the titles to MVP and Matt Hardy was a very nice touch, but I doubt that will last!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back