How to save the tag team division

Jugganauts09

Dark Match Winner
It is no secret that the WWE Tag team division is failuring and possible on its last string, Lets have a look at the current WWE Tag teams and see if WWE can bring back the once exciting division.

First of you have the Hart Dynasty which seems the only tag team in the entire WWE that is worthy of holding the any tag team titles, next you have The usos who can be a good tag team but they have seemed to have there 15 minutes of fame same goes with the dudebusters, SES (Straight Edge Society) plenty of people would love to see them hold the titles but they will never hold it, The Gatecrashers wait did WWE just put two superstars togethor and call them a tag team aint a tag team and thats it. Now over the past 18 months several teams have disbanded: Cryme Tyme, Hardys, Morrison and Miz, Hardy and MVP, Legacy, Finlay and Hornswoggle :banghead:.

Now this is a quick and easy progress and all it needs is to sign 3 tag teams to this business The Brisoce Brothers (Jay and Mark that is) and The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) and bring back the Basham Brothers for chris sake.

Still this progress will take a long time but you have to start no where hell even team Evan Bourne with Mark Henry surely not for a long time but nothings happen with the 2 of them at the moment but if they do bring the tag team division up to the top again maybe Team 3-D will head back here as you all know their contracts are running out and may re-sign and there you have it.

Vince if you happen to read this somehow i have capitalized the big words in sentences for you
- DONT break up any more tag teams except maybe the SES
- SIGN the Briscoe Brothers, Kings Of Wrestling and The Basham Brothers
- GIVE the Usos, Gatecrashers, Dudebusters weekly matches
- DONT have tag team squash matches
- PUT Evan Bourne and Mark Henry in a tag team
- GIVE William Regal 1 last shot at the tag team division
- DONT have Diva tag teams

I hope I'm not wrong but in the last RAW I saw what could possibly be the saving on the division
The Osos vs Kozlov and Santino
Santino was actually allowed to do some in ring work to remind everyone that he isn't just comedy gold on the stick. His in ring skills are as good as most the roster.
They can make a great team because of the mixture they bring, Kozlov can dominate anyone in the currently division. I think the E has long been searching for a way to get him over with his keyfabe (and real) mike skill, teaming him with Santino is a perfect fix.
Since Santino is a ex-champ (Intercontinental?) he brings a certain level of credibility bake to the tag belts.
I'd also be happy to see Edge/Jericho/Christian/Regal/Matt Hardy with a heel turn in any combination. With just about everyone in the division a "rising star" they need to work with some of the older guys who can put them over, AND teach them how to get put over properly.

There is a thread in the RAW forum about the Tag division being dead. I said it in there and i'll say it in here, I'd love to see the Tag Titles come back to the forefront. In the past, the tag belts (and division in general) have been interesting to the point that they added greatly to the weekly programing as well as the PPV's. I think a few added teams would very quickly bring this division back to prominence. Once you've re-established stars in the tag division, new comers wouldn't be so dismissive about starting their careers there. It will take a little bit of work, but it certainly CAN and SHOULD be done!

I have been telling everyone who will listen for 6 months that that the tag team division is easily fixable in 30 seconds.............if anyone in Stamford actually wants to invest time in doing it.

1) Pair up all the worthless talent as "buffer" teams to fill time. Try to catch lightning in a bottle with a sub-par team that the marks can get behind (Santino-Kozlov, The Uso's, Regal-Partner, etc.)

2) Let Riley and McGillicutty use thier real names and make them a tag team. They could be your future in the division. Great heels.

3) Make Bourne and Henry a tag team........as heels!

4) Emphasize Punk and Gallows as a tag team.....stay heel.

5) Take the belts off the Fart Dynasty because they suck. Watching them wrestle is like watching old people fuck. Nobody's buying them. Keep face.

6) Put Legacy (Ted and Cody)back together and give them the belts. Ride them and make them your long term champions. Maryese will be great with them.Make them THE FACE tag team.

There you go..................

The best way I think to do it would be something that could possibly happen: Bringing back the best tag team of all time: The Dudley Boyz.

The Dudleys, or Team 3D as they're now known, are in the middle of contract negotiations with TNA, this could mean they may decline an offer and leave the company and WWE could possibly bring them back (something I've had hope in for a long, long time).

Pair up all the worthless talent as "buffer" teams to fill time. Try to catch lightning in a bottle with a sub-par team that the marks can get behind (Santino-Kozlov, The Uso's, Regal-Partner, etc.)
i like this idea here.

2) Let Riley and McGillicutty use thier real names and make them a tag team. They could be your future in the division. Great heels.
now you lose me. I like Alex Riley, BUT let's NOT team him up with Hennig, i will give you a partner for Hennig later in the post, as for Riley, IF he does team with anyone, team him with The Miz, BUT i say let him be a singles guy who goes after the US title when Daniel Bryan wins it.

Make Bourne and Henry a tag team........as heels
maybe henry, but not Bourne, the tag team would be dull, i say team Bourne with someone else, maybe Riley???

4) Emphasize Punk and Gallows as a tag team.....stay heel.
i will give you one better, Empahasize Gallows and Mercury as a tag team and have Punk help them win the titles, then maybe give Punk the World title and then he can claim that the SES is WAY better than you.

5) Take the belts off the Fart Dynasty because they suck.
disagree, they dont suck, they just arent used, that's the BIG issue with the Hart Dynasty. They arent used and neither are OTHER tag teams.

6) Put Legacy (Ted and Cody)back together and give them the belts. Ride them and make them your long term champions. Maryese will be great with them.Make them THE FACE tag team.
Now i can answer the question that i said i would answer, do NOT put Legacy back together. I think Cody Rhodes is on his way to becoming a great heel on Smackdown. Instead team Ted Dibiase with Michael McGuillicutty when he wins NXT, have him change his LAST name to Hennig, call the team the Fourtanate Sons, then have Brett Dibiase join them when he's healthy and then Ted becomes the leader and gives his Tag Team title to his brother.

- DONT break up any more tag teams except maybe the SES
disagree, i say keep them together and have Gallows and Mercury as the Champs with Punk helping them win matches, then have Punk win the World title soon.
- SIGN the Briscoe Brothers, Kings Of Wrestling and The Basham Brothers
agree with all except the Bashams, been there, seen that. i didnt like the Bashams too much.
- GIVE the Usos, Gatecrashers, Dudebusters weekly matches
agree, add to that, give the Harts more matches, and the SES.
- PUT Evan Bourne and Mark Henry in a tag team
i just dont want to see Henry team up in a Tag Team, i am not too big on him.
- GIVE William Regal 1 last shot at the tag team division
agree, he's not doing anything, maybe team him up with a former NXT rookie like Darren Young or Husky Harris.

Now, i have other ideas for good tag teams, including Darren Young and Percy Watson or Percy Watson and MVP. Also i think Husky Harris should team with some heel on either RAW or Smackdown, BUT NOT Cody Rhodes. Also i think Nexus members David Otunga and Michael Tarver should chase after the Tag Team titles.

Everybody is talking about how to REVAMP the WWE Tag Team Division well first off let's see who exactly we have on the WWE Roster who are Tag Teams!

The Hart Dynasty (Tyson Kidd & David Hart Smith)
The Usos (Jey Uso & Jimmy Uso)
The Dudebusters (Caylen Croft & Trent Barreta)
Straight Edge Society (Luke Gallows & Joey Mercury)

Alright since we got some Tag Team together lets see who WWE put together to just test to waters we'll say:

Chris Jericho & Edge They keep showing these two together and they did not have a lengthy title run which I thought they were going to be the beginning to the resurrection of the Tag Team Division
John Morrison & R-Truth They keep tagging together they have some chemistry their styles compliment each others why not go forward with it?
The Nexus The ban on them winning titles is lifted and they have enough guys; perferably Skip Sheffield & David Otunga give them some gold
Curt Hawkins & Vance Archer These two had to get SmackDown contracts and prove themselves... Where are they now?
Matt Hardy & Christian These two aren't doing anything anyways. They both were part of VERY successful tag teams. They have teamed these two together before... Why not team them together and give them something to do?
Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov Even though this is an awkward team they should keep going with this.
Finlay & Hornswoggle They both aren't doing anything either. Team them back together.

Right there we already have 11 Tag Teams! Enough to jump start the WWE Tag Team Division and enough for some competition! Now lets see who else WWE can team together! They may be weird pairings, but they can work...

Ted Dibiase Jr. & Michael McGillicutty
Alex Riley & The Miz
Yoshi Tatsu & Kaval

Now there you have it! Most of those Tag Team Teams can work! Most of them are not even in any programs and sometimes aren't even on the weekly shows. So this would give people something to do and would give WWE a little something to work with. WWE called the Tag Team Titles the UNIFIED Tag Team Championships! But they NEVER were defended on SmackDown since The Big Show and Chris Jericho. If The Tag Team Titles are for both brands why not make the WHOLE TAG TEAM DIVISION ONLY part of both SmackDown and RAW? This would give tag teams for both shows some TV Time and would expose the audience to more Tag Team Wrestling. It would be interesting and would revive the WWE Tag Team Division and have nothing, but positives come out of it! I don't think WWE needs to hire anybody just for the Tag Team Division they already have enough people to put together point shown above. And if they actually went through with it we could see Edge and Christian, Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase Jr, Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder, Cryme Tyme, and so much more back together. If anything WWE needs to work with what they have and actually put the time and effort into making what was once a HUGE attraction to Professional Wrestling relevant again.

While I'll agree on most points of jump starting the tag division, one thing I don't want to see is Miz and Riley tag. Miz is in the middle of a good push, tagging him constantl with Riley would halt that. I am starting to wonder about the Uso's. After that debut taking out the Hart Dynasty, they've done, well, nothing. Also, Otunga and Skip could make a good team with some work, but Skip just got hurt and could be out a while.

Alright since we got some Tag Team together lets see who WWE put together to just test to waters we'll say:

Chris Jericho & Edge They keep showing these two together and they did not have a lengthy title run which I thought they were going to be the beginning to the resurrection of the Tag Team Division
John Morrison & R-Truth They keep tagging together they have some chemistry their styles compliment each others why not go forward with it?
The Nexus The ban on them winning titles is lifted and they have enough guys; perferably Skip Sheffield & David Otunga give them some gold
Curt Hawkins & Vance Archer These two had to get SmackDown contracts and prove themselves... Where are they now?
Matt Hardy & Christian These two aren't doing anything anyways. They both were part of VERY successful tag teams. They have teamed these two together before... Why not team them together and give them something to do?
Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov Even though this is an awkward team they should keep going with this.
Finlay & Hornswoggle They both aren't doing anything either. Team them back together.

Right there we already have 11 Tag Teams! Enough to jump start the WWE Tag Team Division and enough for some competition! Now lets see who else WWE can team together! They may be weird pairings, but they can work...

Ted Dibiase Jr. & Michael McGillicutty
Alex Riley & The Miz
Yoshi Tatsu & Kaval

Jericho & Edge - Jericho spent about a year or so in tag competition to elevate the division with a fair amount of success, but at this moment in time isn't there a rumour that he could be leaving soon to tour with his band? If he doesn't have a long-term plan right now in WWE then I don't see a big benefit to him being in a make-shift tag team for a few months. Plus I'd much rather see one or two of them go back to SD to boost their roster.

Morrison & Truth - Since coming to Raw, neither has really done anything. Truth won the US Title for a couple weeks, then returned to the shuffle. Morrison has the tag background so this one makes sense.

Nexus - They have the numbers to choose 2 good competitors, or maybe incorporate the 'Freebirds' rule where any 2 of the 6 can team up. Seems like an instant heat magnet if used well.

Hawkins & Archer - Looked alright in their trials, but haven't done/been allowed to do much else since. However, with the tag titles never coming near SD, it's hard for the tag teams there to really make a meaningful impact.

Hardy & Christian - In theory this could be a good pairing, but surely if the tag division is being re-built, the younger guys should be getting opportunities instead of the older guys.

Marella & Kozlov - For me, these 2 have been watered down too much. I was actually surprised they beat The Usos seeing as when they debuted they kept taking it to the Hart Dynasty. It's funny how they want to make The Usos credible, but having them get beat clean by a comedy pairing just makes no sense.

Finlay & Hornswoggle - I sincerely fucking hope not.

Rebuilding the tag division, if the WWE really wanted to, is going to be a balancing act. The problem they have now is that there aren't enough teams, but by the same token I don't want to see a sudden overspill of tag teams which could really dilute the division.
By the way, was there any explanation as to WHY the tag titles suddenly stopped being defended on SmackDown?

To be fair and upfront, it's been a while since I've watched Smackdown (I had to look up who the Gatecrashers were), I haven't watched NXT since about the 2nd week of the 2nd season.

I'd like to see a Hardy/Christian team, though I don't think many teams would be able to pull off ladder or TLC matches against them. They would be interesting nonetheless given their history of matches together.

Have Mercury split from SES, get traded to RAW, and re-team with Morrison.

Put Cryme Tyme back together!! Say the whole "Shad turning on JTG" was just some sort of "street love" angle.

Those are my thoughts on SD. Now onto RAW:

RAW already has a good team with the Usos; they just need to be used more, and correctly. The way they burst onto the scene, along with their family history, they should be the tag champs instead of the Hart Dynasty. It's not a knock on the Harts, but all the Usos momentum of dominating the Harts was killed in their first PPV. They would've been that destructive tag team, a la SST and Demolition, that's been lacking.

I like the idea of pairing Hennig and Brett DiBiase together again, but I'm not sure I like them pairing with Ted. He doesn't even get a crowd reaction with Maryse out there, so I think he'd hold them back. What they could do is bring up Brett and Joe and tease a joining with Ted, then if Vince wanted them to be a face team, have Ted turn on them, or vice versa if they want Ted to be a face - and possibly get a reaction.

Split Justin Gabriel from Nexus and have him team with Evan Bourne. I know they both suck on the mic and aren't big, but their high flying abilities would be worth watching. Plus everyone loves the SSP, and the 450 is being built as a move that takes people out.

Traver/Henry heel tag team, once Henry got credibility as a force and not a jobber again. Imagine how you would look if you saw some guy in a "bank robber" mask and some big 400 lb guy walking toward you. Or even better, Henry/Tarver/Big Zeke (when he comes back) team. THAT would be a destructive team.

All in all, we have:

Smackdown:
CM Punk/Gallows
Cryme Tyme
Hardy/Christian
(whatever random teams are already on there, like the Gatecrashers)

RAW:
Usos
Harts
M & M (Morrison/Mecury)
Gabriel/Bourne
Tarver/Henry/Zeke

Plus, whatever brand they stick Brett/Joe on.

The Tag Division is actually picking up at the moment. As someone else pointed out, Kozlov and Santino vs the Usos was very good. Santino and Kozlov compliment each other so well and the Usos are really good team.

Don't forget about Nexus either. Last week Skip and Otunga showed they can be a good tag team, beat legitimate wrestlers and make it believable. I think it would be a solid idea to have those two take the Tag Belts and feud with Hart Dynasty for a bit. That will put Hart Dynasty in the Nexus storyline and it will build Nexus as a credible threat because they have gold.

All WWE needs is one or two more Tag Teams, whether by raiding the indies, taking guys from NXT or just random pairings, to make the division alive again. If they could get the Kings of Wrestling, that would be amazing. I think they are a more believable team in the WWE atmosphere than the Briscoes would be. If they cant get the KOW, I say try to get the Dudleys and maybe put Regal and Ezekial Jackson together when he returns from his injury. Thats about 7 or 8 real teams, which would make a pretty good division imo.

WWE is getting really close to finally having another credible Tag Division, it will just take a little time.

It would take a whole lot of money and signings to even give WWE a tag team division. They don't even have one now as it stands. There's like 5 actual teams now, that's just embarrassing to WWE. The tag matches they do have don't even feature the actual tag teams they do have. WTF is wrong with them? TNA is where it is for tag wresting.

Personally I think he last decent tag was Jericho and Big Show. As for the last tag that wasn't just a more a mix but true partners Paul London and Brian Kendrick were the best, then they made them loose to craptastic Deuce and Domino.

To be fair and upfront, it's been a while since I've watched Smackdown (I had to look up who the Gatecrashers were), I haven't watched NXT since about the 2nd week of the 2nd season.

I'd like to see a Hardy/Christian team, though I don't think many teams would be able to pull off ladder or TLC matches against them. They would be interesting nonetheless given their history of matches together.

Have Mercury split from SES, get traded to RAW, and re-team with Morrison.

Put Cryme Tyme back together!! Say the whole "Shad turning on JTG" was just some sort of "street love" angle.

Those are my thoughts on SD. Now onto RAW:

RAW already has a good team with the Usos; they just need to be used more, and correctly. The way they burst onto the scene, along with their family history, they should be the tag champs instead of the Hart Dynasty. It's not a knock on the Harts, but all the Usos momentum of dominating the Harts was killed in their first PPV. They would've been that destructive tag team, a la SST and Demolition, that's been lacking.

I like the idea of pairing Hennig and Brett DiBiase together again, but I'm not sure I like them pairing with Ted. He doesn't even get a crowd reaction with Maryse out there, so I think he'd hold them back. What they could do is bring up Brett and Joe and tease a joining with Ted, then if Vince wanted them to be a face team, have Ted turn on them, or vice versa if they want Ted to be a face - and possibly get a reaction.

Split Justin Gabriel from Nexus and have him team with Evan Bourne. I know they both suck on the mic and aren't big, but their high flying abilities would be worth watching. Plus everyone loves the SSP, and the 450 is being built as a move that takes people out.

Traver/Henry heel tag team, once Henry got credibility as a force and not a jobber again. Imagine how you would look if you saw some guy in a "bank robber" mask and some big 400 lb guy walking toward you. Or even better, Henry/Tarver/Big Zeke (when he comes back) team. THAT would be a destructive team.

All in all, we have:

Smackdown:
CM Punk/Gallows
Cryme Tyme
Hardy/Christian
(whatever random teams are already on there, like the Gatecrashers)

RAW:
Usos
Harts
M & M (Morrison/Mecury)
Gabriel/Bourne
Tarver/Henry/Zeke

Plus, whatever brand they stick Brett/Joe on.

None of that would work tbh.

On Hardy and Christian
Hardy and Christian don't need to be a tag team tbh Hardy doesn't even need to be wrestling right now, he needs to take a break. Chrstian, I have no idea why he came back to WWE he should have stayed with TNA cause he's not doing anything, well I guess he's getting paid way more than TNA paid him.

Cryme Tyme
WWE already messed up with Cryme Tyme they should have stayed a tag team until they actually had good momentum like um...A TITLE REIGN!? Btw wtf is street love? lol

M & M
Morrison is doing his own thing he needs to become heel again and possibly a push. Mercury is doing good with the SES I do think they need the tag titles but what tag titles are on Smackdown? Hopefully they bring some there.

Gabriel and Bourne
Gabriel and Bourne would be a good tag team, if they did it right. But he's in Nexus so not now. But, It would be awesome to see a shooting star press 450 combo. :p

Tarver, Henry and Big Zeke
Maybe Tarver and Sheffeld(the two best next to wade) need the face for the tag titles right now while they're in the Nexus and have them take over. Wade holding the WWE championship(?) and Justin Gabriel goin for the US? David Otunga and the other would just secure the title victories and they'd switch up sometimes like instead of Tarver it would be Slater or Otunga fighting then Tarver would be there for the interference.

....continued
Mark Henry/Zeke could team with someone his size like show. Or Zeke and Shad would be good. But Shad is on the whole "My time" thing. But Zeke just got out of a tag team, I don't think it would be necessary for Shad or Zeke, since Shad is looking like he might get released soon :(...btw where the hell has he been?

Brett and Joe
Legacy was already done, shouldn't be done again. Plus omg Hening is boring. If that dude or Kaval wins the NXT over Riley...I don't even know how Percy Watson was eliminated.

I know I didn't contribute but it looks like the tag team division is dead right now lol. Maybe next year we'll see some.

WWE can fix all of this, they don't need to hire more teams. They already have; The Harts, Usos, Dudebusters, Gatecrushers, & Santino & Kozlov. They can make Matthews & Gallowes a Team for SES. William Regal & Ezekiel Jackson was a good team when it lasted. Husky Harris & Bo Rotundo or at least Michael Mcgillicutty as a team. And I would thorw in Darren Young & Percy Watson (Southside Players), Primo Colon & Tito Colon (The Colons), and Goldust & Yoshi Tatsu (If Shelton was still with the WWE, I would of loved to see Goldust team with him, since they where both about the Gold during the time he was in ECW).

But with all this you can have; Harts, Usos, Dudbuster, GateCrushter, Santino & Kozlov, SES, Regal & Jackson, Southside Players, Harris & Bo, The Colons, and maybe Goldust and Yoshi Tatsu. Thats 11 teams right there, and most of the current wrestlers have nothing going on so it would be great to be in a team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back