Who can save the tag team division in the WWE?

Who can save the tag team division in the WWE?

• World's Greatest Tag Team

• Paul London & Brian Kendrick

• Cryme Tyme

• Cade and Murdoch

• The Major Brothers

• Duece and Domino

• The Highlanders

• DX

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nj Fan 04

Dark Match Winner
With the Hardys most likely moving on as singles stars, who is going to carry the load in the tag divisions? Smackdown has 2 teams, ECW has none, and Raw has 5. That isn't nearly enough, considering that the Highlanders are one of those teams. Are the WGTT going to get a push, will Cryme Tyme grab the belts, or will Cade & Murdoch reign surpreme. There's is also London & Kendrick, but with London in the doghouse, I just don't see them getting another year as "the underdog champions" (wow, wwe has completely exhaused that storyline (rey mysterio, santino marella)).

I would love to see Cena and Orton team up as heels and take on DX for the titles, while we unify the WWE tag titles with the World Tag Titles. I am fully aware that neither of those things will happen, so I ask you:

Who can save the tag team divisions (Smackdown and Raw) in the WWE?

ECW doesn't need the Tag teams right now, and DX is dead deal with it. You only really need about three-four teams to have a division, don't dis the Highlanders they may have a crap gimmick but they can wrestle as a tag team quite well. Cena as a Tag team with Orton you are taking two main eventers that are needed at the moment. The Hooliganz are probably going to be split up with Paul London getting released and Spanky going back for the Cruiserweight division. The division is one Life support on Smackdown and is getting revived slightly on RAW.

Yeah I know that Cena and Orton are needed now, but I'm talking a little further down the road. Also, I know the Highlanders can wrestle, but so can Eugene. Some crappy gimmicks with no push can kill good wrestlers' careers.

P.S. Shadowmancer we need your help in the WWE Trivia. Go take a look.

Honestly the only team I could think of to save the tag team division is Shelton and Charlie.

They can both put on an amazing wrestling match.If you expand on their boundaries and give a ladder match they can excel even more because we have seen what Shelton can do with a ladder.

Although London and Kendrick are just as qualified I think that the experience factor of WGTT and their amazing in ring work is just a slight bit higher than the others.

DX would definetly be the most credible tag team up there and can definetly bring some prestige back to it both Michaels and Hunter are the two most bonafide main eventers on Raw other than Cena and without them somewhere in the main event picture Raw would probably be nothing.

I would say either London/Kendrick or WGTT, even tough London has gotten in trouble I still see them getting a push because they are way over. A easy way to slove this is to combine both tag titles and have them defended on every brand.

I haven't seen much of The Major Brothers, but they interest me. It looks like the WWE is trying to give them an Edge and Christian look. I can't say much to this point.. but they are holding my attention for the moment.

I don't see DX staying together when Triple H comes back. They need HBK and Trips in the singles main event.

WGTT is the best hope right now. Both tag championships have been put to shame ever since the Hardyz won them.

I may catch some grief for this but i think that cade and Murdoch could bring the division back. the way i look at it the are a great heel team that just seem to work great togather and already have alot of heat. Id have then fued with someone other than WGTT so that WGTT can fued with the other team and once those fued are done both C and M, and WGTT will look stronger as teams then they can have a long lasting fued togather like back in the day when they would have them wrestle in tag and singles matches to draw out the fued and even built moretension to the fued

well i think think that a fun team like cryme tyme an exciting team like london and kendrick and the vets haas and benjamin are all raw needs 2 save its division...i mean cryme tyme won a match and never got their title shot...wtf? london is n the doghouse 4 bullshit reasons but i could still see them gettin the title shot i mean they r quite possibly the most loved team other than cryme tyme on raw...and haas and benjamin are already being pushed 2make a run 4 them...they have the most experience as a team on raw....the major bros deuce and domino r virtually the only 2 teams but if batista and flair both lose at vengeance they could team them up 2 challenge the greasers....that might be the only way 2 save the division on sd!

The answer to this question is...... NOTHING. Tehre is nothing that they can do right now. They need a team to chase. A team that seems unbeatable as all challengers line up to test their heart a merit to see if they have what it takes to beat them. Of course, this would have to be a heel team, perhaps a faction of three guys. But WWE has spent so much time jobbing teams while they await their big push that no team on the RAW of smackdown roster fits that criteria right now. The World's Greatest, Cade and Murdock, The Highlanders, and Cryme Time, have all been jobbed way too much. It makes it seem as if any team can take out the other at any time. Good concept right? No? because everybody needs to shoot for somethin gother than cheering for mediocrity. So if the WWE wants to reenrergize the tag team division, on either brand, this is the concept that they need to embrace.

The bush wackers make a big return and win them!!!

but in all honesty, the best tag team in the wwe is wgtt, shelton is the most talented wrestler on the roster and if they arent going to push him for the tag titles then get him out of tag matches and push him for the wwe title.

why not unify the titles and have them defended on ppvs since they are multibrand now anyways? that way, it doesn't look as pointless to have a tag team on ecw since they don't even have any titles to fight for..would let em keep things fresh as far as rivalries and if the tag division is getting week on one show for whatever reason, then the titles can be dropped to another brand at a ppv....the same could be done for IC and US titles, but I would personally like to see them keep both but still let the belts switch brands via ppv, then the ecw guys could get some gold too...

Sad as it is, the DX gimmick was a failed gimmick. The Game getting injured saved it from any further humiliation. WWE could have a wonderful tag division if they'd use the talent they had.

The Hardys, WGTT, Major Brothers, Londrick, Cryme Tyme even.. they're all great teams.. but what do they all do? Job. Why? Because they're not talented on the mic? The writters don't enjoy them enough? Who knows.

WWE tag division today could be better than ever if they tried.

I'm not sure if any of these teams are capable of saving the tag division,
it just doesn't have the prestige, intensity, and excitement that it used to have.

I voted for Cade & Murdoch.
I can't say enough about them,
lately they just keep impressing me more and more.

They haven't gotten very much mic/promo time,
but if need be i'm sure they can handle that department.

In-ring wise, they've just been dominating with top notch tag wrestling.

Otherwise I would've voted for the major brothers,
from what i've seen of them they seem to be fairly good.

I want to really see them in action now.

I actually think they could bring in anybody right now except for the hillbillys that were supposed to go to smackdown. the new hart foundation(nattie neidhart, teddy hart, an owen hart's son) it is rumored that they were signed to a developmental deal. they would be great. WGTT would really work if the freakin writers wouldnt want them to job so much. This idea of the hardyz splitting up with matt losing alot aand jeff fighting jackass is not a good idea. London & kendrick r awesome, but london's been getting in trouble lately. i want to see more of the major bros. they look really interesting and need a push. if they were unified and defended on all three brands we could see more tag teams like Thorn and Boogeyman, we could've seen Sabu and RVD, and i think Carlito and Mysterio would do great.

Despite the fact that I have a world of respect for you, Spawn, I must emphatically disagree with your bleak, quasi-hopeless outlook on the world of Tag Team Wrestling in the WWE. There is someone out there who can solve the problem. That someone, namely, is me.

STEP ONE: Unify the tag team titles. One show gets tag belts. Two weeks ago, I didn't care if it was RAW or SMACKDOWN. Now, I care, and Smackdown gets the tag belts. When Raw raped and pillaged their Friday night counterpart for top-tier main event talent to replace the walking wounded, they left a GAPING HOLE in the ability of Smackdown to produce a 2-hour show. So, give them the tag division and make it interesting.

STEP TWO: Fortify the new tag division with real teams. Deuce and Domino. Cade and Murdoch. London and Kendrick. Cryme Tyme. Haas and Benjamin. The Highlanders. The Major Brothers. You have 7 decent tag teams right there, all of which can carry the division. 4 of them either are current or were once tag champs. You don't need two legit teams with 1 or 2"superteams" to make the belts work. Plus, you can easilly move people out of the tag division and into singles. (Benjamin and Hass for US? Kendrick and London for Crusier?)

STEP THREE: Appoint a tag-team great to become the new tag-team division commissioner on Smackdown. Put a personality in there whose job it would be to just run the tag division. Call me crazy, but get around his probation and give it to Marty Jannetty.

STEP FOUR: LEAVE IT ALONE! Let the teams fight, bring up young teams with vignettes the way it was done with Cryme Tyme, and DO NOT, for ANY REASON, put the tag belts on two singles main eventers to advance their feud!!!

STEP FIVE: Go out and get a blonde canadian tag team. That'll make sure it's a long term success!

i agree with WGTT, they have held down charlie hass so much its not even funny, but Cade and Murdoch are both good wrestlers and should be the champs right now.

Someone said before that the tag belts should be unified, which i totaly agree to. Tag belts unified and defended across all three brands.

Who can save the WWE, id say a good indy tag team like Mark and Jay Briscoe (why havent they been picked up yet still bothers me) or a new Tag Team like Burke and Monty Brown. The highlanders should be released, but the skirts remind me too much of the headbangers who would probably do great right about now in the wwe

I'm in total agreement on unifying the belts,
and since all pay per views are now cross-brand,
that could work really well for some great tag team title matches.

With the Hardys most likely moving on as singles stars, who is going to carry the load in the tag divisions? Smackdown has 2 teams, ECW has none, and Raw has 5. That isn't nearly enough, considering that the Highlanders are one of those teams. Are the WGTT going to get a push, will Cryme Tyme grab the belts, or will Cade & Murdoch reign surpreme. There's is also London & Kendrick, but with London in the doghouse, I just don't see them getting another year as "the underdog champions" (wow, wwe has completely exhaused that storyline (rey mysterio, santino marella)).

I would love to see Cena and Orton team up as heels and take on DX for the titles, while we unify the WWE tag titles with the World Tag Titles. I am fully aware that neither of those things will happen, so I ask you:

Who can save the tag team divisions (Smackdown and Raw) in the WWE?

l hav ealways dreamed of orton and cena as tag champs but as the good guys they would bring in ratings they should fight with younger teams and bulid them up

first, i have to say that i casted my voted to Londrick, even with London getting backstage heat and Kendrick...well, he is a midget in the eyes of Vince.
But together, you have one of the most entertaining teams in recent years, the guys carried the tag show on SD for a year or so, and they surely going to freshen up things on RAW (just take a look at their first match,wow!
Making a long shot, i'll go wit Cryme time, i can see them as the top heels on the company, both have great potential,(JTG more than Shad, but just a little...)and i think they paid their dues at OVW if im not wrong.
So, my idea would be: let MurdoCade reign the division and give them some decent matches against WGTT and LondRick, maybe till Survivor series, then a quick title change at cyber Sunday to keep the ratings up, just to giving the belts back to them(MurdoCade)at NYR. By the time of the rumble, you could have build a great match for the titles between the three teams, leading to, IMO, a GREAT TLC match (combine LondRick agility, WGTT athleticism and MurdoCade power...you cant go wrong with this mix) at WM24.
After mania, Cryme time could emerge as the heel tag team the division will need, and could start some vandalism angles, maybe stealing the belts, i dont know, but eventually, bam! they are on the title picture, and let them start a feud with the reigning champs (for me, LondRick....at mania they could perform some SICK acrobatics over the ladders, WGTT taking the tables(just dont put shelton over the top rope, PLEASE...) and MurdoCade taking care of the chairs)
or you can do something... get Piper and dusty Rhodes together for a last run on the titles.... Nostalgia***

To be absolutely honest i like to think that the highest point in the tag-team division's history had to be the 4 years they spent with Edge & Christian vs Dudleyz vs the Hardyz... And on a side point, now-a-days brand loyalty is important but it appers anyone can challenge for any title (providing they go throught the right channels, i.e Edge vs Batista, i.e. Ashley vs Melina for womans title. Hardyz winning tag titles. See what i mean.)

So what they need to do is have three top tag teams and make the rest jobbers and have it happen throughout all of the WWE, letting them jump to and from Smackdown and Raw challenging and mixing it up. These three would obviously be.

1) Paul London and Brian Kendrick: Regardless of the trouble London is in at the moment they are not going to fire someone as talented as Paul London, and if they do i bet they will re hire him again fast (just like Jeff and Matt Hardy) There so over with the crowd, weither they want to or not they will be the next Hardyz

2) Worlds Greatest Tag Team: These two are more like Edge and Christian then i think they would want to admit. They got the in-ring skills and are also excellent at giving promos. Also Shetlon seems to be doing all the work in the team (like Christian.) If wwe brought up Charlies mike skills (ala Edge) then i could see the two being pushed alot more than other teams.

3) Duece and Domino: There got raw power and less showman ship then the other teams but they can kick ass in the ring. If and when they loose the titles i want to see them run into the ring and beat the crap out of the champs giving them 'a kick in da mouth'. While i was against there gimmic to begin with they really have proved themselves in the ring. The only thing short of them becoming like the Dudleyz is having a weapon to their name.

With the rest of the teams they can make brief apperances but could never over take what will be refered to as "THE BIG 3".

Give Crime Time a APA gimmic.

And shove teams like the Highlanders and Lance Cade and Trevor Murdock into matches with "THE BIG 3" but don't expect them to overtake. WWE needs to put all its effort into 3 big ones, with a couple on ready to come in if needed.

On a sidenote who is in the tagteam called other?

Oh and i agree with what i just read back there, if they can bring back MNM and Basham Brothers (two teams Smackdown lost after foolishly using them) then that would amp up the tag devisio and there would be no need for unification.

Also if your going to bring back Headbangers do it better then what we saw lastyear with 'THE NEW LEGION OF DOOM'

I don't know the division is practically dead. I voted WGTT but that division is just ignored by WWE. It just feel like the tag titles are completly worthless. Really there are a few good tag teams to that could "save" the tag division if WWE wanted to do that. I really think that only Vince could save the division by putting more emphasis on it and signing a few more teams. But they still have good teams there though like WGTT, Cade and Murdoch, London and Kendrick etc. but really the best way for the division to be "saved" is for WWE to put more emphasis on it and make the titles seem importnant

Here is how the division gets saved but it is a long drawn out process:

1. First they need to form a stable with one of the top heels on Raw preferably Randy Orton....my idea have WGTT and Orton together this way WGTT can maybe learn a little about cutting promos since their wrestling is top notch and the only thing holding them back is promos...Have them hold the titles for four to six months...

2. Then have a new team show up on the scene The New Hart Foundation with Teddy Hart and Harry Smith and Nattie Niedhart.. They start slowly moving up the ladder till they finally earn a shot at the titles at a one of the four big Pay Per View preferably Summerslam and then the big Swerve. Nattie going for the Women's Champ gets help from a masked stranger who enables Nattie to win the Women's Championship.....Later on in the night the same stranger helps the Hart Foundation beat WGTT to win the tag titles. Orton retains or regainst his title that night with help from WGTT because that is how it has been done the last couple of months.

3. The next night on Raw...WGTT get their rematch and Orton is out at ringside to make sure that the masked stranger doesn't reappear....the match goes back and forth when at a key moment the referee gets taken out....Orton comes in and RKO's either Benjamin or Haas and the Foundation win the rematch....After the match the new faction commences a beat down on WGTT and a long awaited Tag Team fued is born

There is a lot of possibilities for this you can have WGTT be send all the way down the ladder and have to go through every team just to earn a shot....then when they get in a number one contender's match The stable would cost them the shot and go back down the ladder. they keep doing this till Wrestlemania, When WGTT finally have their shot at the title. I think this would be great you would finally have something that the tag team division has been lacking build up...i think if you did this you can get the fans behind WGTT and have them wait and wait to finally get their much awaited rematch.

I do though admit that this plan has flaws....It is going to be tough to have the Harts as Heels. Most fans are going to be popping huge when the three of them make their debuts that is why i wanted to wait a little while before the big swerve...I know that this is probably why too broad for most of you on here since this is supposed to be about the tag division and this scenerio focuses on two teams but i think with the right writers you can get all the teams involved with one of the teams costing the other a match here and there and short fueds with other teams all building up to the match the fans want to see. Let me know what you guys think!!!

If WWE gave the Tag Division some of its time then it has the potential to be massive. Just look at some of the Tag Teams we have. Cryme Tyme, London and Kendrick, Cade and Murdoch just to name a few.

When you look at the difference between RAW and SD, RAW has 5 fantastic tag teams in comparison to SD who only have Deuce and Domino (havent seen enough of the Major Bros. to count them.)

If WWE sent say The Highlanders and WGTT over to SmackDown it would lead to some fantastic matches, and it woulod give the Highlanders a much deserved push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back