• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which Legend Should Return at the Moment?

The Dudley Boyz back to RAW. I'm getting a bit tired of London/Kendrick and Cade/Murdoch fued and WWE needs some serious tag team competitors right now to me it's just not looking as good I have seen it mentioned before on the forums and I'm in favor of having just 1 tag team titles and have it on one brand.

I really don't think any legends returning full time with the exception of a select few who are still young, would help the WWE in any way. I have no problem with legends like Hogan, Austin, even the Rock for that matter making random showings and what not. However I would not like to see any of them return full time. WWE needs to focus in on their younger talent. There are a few legends that even a one match return could help the WWE. Perfect example... The Dudley Boys. Have them work one decent 6 man elimination tables match, and that could be the basis for saving the tag team division. Overall though there is no reason for legends including Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, and even Piper for that matter to make a full scale return because in the long run it will hurt WWE due to the fact that their fans would focus in on the legends therefore overshadowing the talent under them that are trying to break out.

That is true... That is IF they were assisting... The rock returning full time would be huge for a short time... There is only so much more that the Rock can do in WWE. He will be in the HOF, he's beaten just about all of the greats, he's lost to the Hurricane. The guys done it all. Him returning to the ring full time I think would become very stale very quickly. As I said though a match here and there I am all for. If the Rock was to manage a younger guy like say Cody Rhodes... Rhodes would skyrocket I think, that's just my view I mean I could be wrong but...

well it would be great to see bret heart or the rock come back as well as x pac even tho hes not a legend bringing x pac back in his d generation x type style would turn the ratings up big timeee but bret has good chance comming back since of the new heart foundation =]

Yeah bring x-pac back. That would be sweet for him to team back up with the new horrible dx they tried to bring back earlier this year. Sure i loved watching dx and then the HHH and Shawn Original dx in the 90's but when they came back it just wasnt the same so try to bring back x-pac and the new age out;aws and see if that makes it better. Besides that bring back Austin and The Rock, and maybe even try to get sting on wwe, that could set up good matches, but the Big legends that were before the attitude era are too old to come back such as macho man, hulk hogan, or any of them.

it would be good if some of the legends like Austin and The Rock could say return for 6 months at a time. WWE biggest problem is they lost these 2 at the same time.
Personally i would like to see Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle back along with Booker T and RVD

I think Lesnar back would be the best. This guy is so young and had so much potential which we never got to see.
Any showing by the Rock is a massive boast and you can say austin in that group aswell.

I myself would love to see Macho man back. Now i know he would struggle to put on a match but its the draw factor which gets me interested.

I would love it say to be a raw main event of hbk v orton. Hbk hits the superkick and is about to get the 3 count to win the title when out of nowhere randy savage comes out of the crowd and hits hbk with a steel chair. What a shocker that would be. He would then say be a heel for a few months untill fans started to cheer him and therefore he would be come a big babyface.
We could even hav a flair/ savage feud going on. Don,t know what others think about this?

im always up for hogan coming back, but others wouldnt want that now! rock would kick ass but wont happen with the movies. savage would be cool as hell but not happening either :icon_sad:

I think the (2) guys that could change the WWe overnight are Goldberg and Lesnar. Both are still young enough, and in good enough shape to be an instant maineventer, and they were just so huge on the big stage. I am not sure, but I would bet that Goldberg was one of the biggest draws in the history of the WWE. I know most will say Hogan, Rock or Stone Cold, but I do not think any of these guys will ever come back to wrestling full time do to their acting careers, but Goldberg and Lesnar???? This would make Raw and Smackdown ratings skyrocket!!!!! Also bring back BigShow, RVD and Angle, and wrestling can be what it used to be!!!!!

i would love to see Jericho back as soon as possible even though everyone knows its going to happen. id love to see him against HBK again cause that was a classic. Lesnar would be also be great to be back as i think he would only go to raw so we could se wat would have happened with triple h v lesnar. i know he is in tna but i would love to see kevin nash back with scott hall return as Diesel and Razor Ramon as they where my favs back in the day.

Its quite simple for me.

Kurt Angle - Straight into Raw - improve wwe belt

Brock Lesnar - Smackdown - enough said

Stone Cold Steve Austin - perhaps mentoring John Cena and giving hm some stone cold attitude

Rock. have him interrupt a big jericho promo in reverse of jericho's 1st arrival &have a loser leaves run and put jericho over as a major heel and give the rock a return to his roots and another reason to have time to act.

No to Austin - He comes back WAY too often for anybody to give a shit if he wrestled (which he can't.)

No to Lesnar - Everybody put him over, and he arrogantly left WWE like a total bitch. I don't see Vince EVER taking him back, besides, Lesnar has a deal with UFC.

No to Hogan - He's come back enough, and he's proven he draws nowhere what he used to draw.

Kurt Angle? No.

The thing is, WWE needs an entertainer. The Rock is the most entertaining wrestler of all-time. No one in WWE (aside from Santino) can cut a good, hilarious promo anymore. It's all just boring. They need...

The Rock. It's obvious that it's most likely not possible for him to ever come back in a full-time wrestling but if he were to come back, no doubt it'd bring ratings in. The Rock is way, way, way more over than Jericho ever was, although I'd settle for Jericho too.

The fact is, The Rock would make a bigger impact on WWE TV than ANYONE else available. Austin and Hogan have simply tarnished their legacies. Jericho's ''return'' has been overanalyzed to high-hell. Kurt Angle and Lesnar both left WWE in a bitchy way. The Rock is the only guy who could make his millions...

And Millions...

of fans tune in to WWE again.

i few guys i would love to see wwe bring back are, the rock for obvious reasons, y2j awesome wrestler and entertainin, someone else for smackdown GM maybe the million dollar man or dusty rhodes, christian cage back to wwe as a main eventor, mohammad hussain as well who was a good wrestler!!

wwe needs to create more stables, expand dx, a new nWo, also the job squad ruled!!! stables make things more entertaining as you get to see more of the wrestlers that you dont get to see alot of!!

No to Austin - He comes back WAY too often for anybody to give a shit if he wrestled (which he can't.)

If Austin returned for another match it would be huge. Bigger than a Rock match. Who's the bigger wrestling star? Yeah that's right, Austin. The Rock is a bigger movie star, but Austin always drew more.

No to Lesnar - Everybody put him over, and he arrogantly left WWE like a total bitch. I don't see Vince EVER taking him back, besides, Lesnar has a deal with UFC.

Vince would take Lesnar back in a minute. He's just signed for UFC, the biggest MMA company in the world. Currently bigger than WWE. And what company made Lesnar a star? Yeah, WWE. Nobody would care about Lesnars debut if he wasn't previously a wrestler. A wrestler which Vince invested a lot of time and money in. Vince wouldn't want anybody else to get hold of a superstar he tried to make.

No to Hogan - He's come back enough, and he's proven he draws nowhere what he used to draw.

He still draws more than the majority of WWE's main eventers. As long as his appearences are occasional, he'll always draw. Ask non fans to name one wrestler.

Kurt Angle? No.

If Angle wasn't such a fuck up then WWE would have him back in ana instant.

The thing is, WWE needs an entertainer. The Rock is the most entertaining wrestler of all-time. No one in WWE (aside from Santino) can cut a good, hilarious promo anymore. It's all just boring. They need...

Why do Santino & The Rock cut funny promos? It's there gimmick. Give the gimmick to HHH and he could cut them too.

The Rock is way, way, way more over than Jericho ever was, although I'd settle for Jericho too.

Obviously. Jericho was an upper mid carder for most of his WWE career.

The fact is, The Rock would make a bigger impact on WWE TV than ANYONE else available.

His promos are less frequent so I'll agree. But an Austin match would be bigger.

Austin and Hogan have simply tarnished their legacies.

How? Austin does what he always did, minus wrestling. And Hogan's recent matches have been considerably better than his early W.M. career ones.

Jericho's ''return'' has been overanalyzed to high-hell.

Agreed.

the rock certainly has to come back he is one of the greats and he needs to come back and do a feud with steve austin bring back some of the attitude era

stone cold steve austin.he's probably the greatest entertainer in wrestling history and is one of the main reasons wwe suceeded.hes my favorite wrestler of all time,his promos and fueds was great.i think d-x should b heel so thay can join forces with vince and they all fued with austin so he could team with a rookie and make a name for that rookie

Probably The Rock. I mean, the WWE was so great when he was around. He's the type of person who can entertain you, like John Cena (Even though I don't like Cena), and he's a good wrestler at the same time.

Also, I don't understand why there is some people here wanting Austin to return and wrestle. Austin can't wrestler due to neck problems, although, if he could, I would definately want him back as well.

Either Stone Cold Steve Austin or The Rock

SCSA probably would only come back if he didn't have his neck problems.

The Rock would only come back if he abandoned his acting career to wrestle again which, we know, won't happen anytime soon.

Banes i agree with u, but sorry The Rocks an actor of course he wont come back.
I think they should bring back The NWO and The ORIGINAL DX they could feud to see whos better. The fans would love it.Also Macho Man Randy Savage and Randy orton could feud, Because he is the self-proclaimed "Legend Killer"and Macho Man Is A legend.They Should Bring Back the hardcore championship and Bring back the 3 faces of foley and put them both on ECW.Terry Funk 2 he could be on ECW.

I do think The Rock one day may have a one off in the future, I don't mean next year or the year after that, But I could see The Rock stepping back in the ring one last time, I think The Rock is the only wrestler other than SCSA to pull the ratings off, if Austin were step back in the ring which is doubtful, so my gut feeling would be The Rock, bring back Y2J is a good choice its bring a little buzz to the WWE hopefully Jericho will be used to rival with Orton for the title and his character to be used properly

I yhink that bringing Bret Hart back would be good. I thgink that bringing The Rock and Stone Cold even if on just a way to boost rating where they dont wrestle too much would be good. The other person is even though hes not a legend they should try to bring the Big Show back.

The only Legend I would like to see come back would be the Rock simply because we haven't seen him in a while. It would be kind of nice to see him on the mic again. Honestly, though we don't need Legends to return. They shouldn't have too. We should be content with the current roster and not want an old Legend like Hacksaw Jim Duggan or Sgt. Slaughter returning. But the Rock would be the best person to rteurn just because we haven't seen him in a while. A match would be kind of cool tooo. Maybe a return match against Shawn Michaels. Awwww, one can dream.

Im so over the rock. He has clearly forgotten who made him what he is today. If it wasnt for the Wrestling buisness he would be a nobody. Now that he has compleatly droped the name "The Rock", i dont ever want to see him in a wwe ring agian. maybe he can go to TNA and add to the wwe reject filled tallent they have started collecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back