• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When will TNA finally end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecruiser

R.I.P Benoit Family
I used to have high hopes for TNA. I started watching their program 3 years ago, right before they brought in Christian Cage. I really started watching when they brought in Kurt Angle, because it was such a big, unexpected move and I was beginning to really like Angle in ECW and thought "Now he won't get restricted by the WWE and will get a mad push against Samoa Joe". The only problem with that was, at the same time, TNA also brought in Vince Russo as head of creative. TNA has been going for a while now (5 years or so), and I rep them for that. However, stupid booking decisions, (who gives one person 5 titles at once?), horrible gimmicks, (Black Reign, anyone?), and miserable angles, (Abyss' mom's death), have made the promotion really go down hill in 2007.

Now I ask this: When will TNA finally fold and sell to WWE? 2008? 2009? Never? Post your thoughts on when TNA will finally end.

no i dont think so there will always be if i may wrestlezone (old wcw p*ssie fans that hate wwe cena etc etc. and spike tv is going to invest more and more money in tna i think unfortunatly theyll be around for 4 more years but to me tna still sucks

I can see TNA thinking their bigger than what they are, invest in a project which completely fails and eventually go bankrupt. Maybe the start of 2009. TNA has a nice plan by bringing in well known names to get attention but just like ECW and WCW, it just doesn't have the money and has invested too quickly in ''superstars'' who have big paychecks.

Althought for some reason I can't see Vince buying them out. I can see TNA ending and then the superstars splitting, some going to the indies and some going to WWE.

They'll be around for a while yet. What you're not looking at is that TNA has some great wrestlers and puts on a lot of good matches. It also has a devoted fanbase, just like the WWE, who will never leave them no matter how bad it gets. I know I'll never leave the WWE, after watching it for about 15 years, and watching countless matches from before that time.

I don't think Vince will ever buy out TNA, as I dont think it'd be a huge business opportunity for him, and that's really what it's all about for Vince McMahon. I can see them ending after years of dropping ratings, and wrestlers dropping out with no new talent coming through. The WWE will probably sign all of the decent wrestlers, with the other left to go on to other ventures.

4bf81fed3f50a475a5bb70a33cfa8d8f.jpg

TNA will never end, there will be a tuesday night war with "ECW", "ECW" will be cancelled, Then a friday night war with SD!, SD! will be cancelled, then there will be an Attitude Era-like rebirth of wrestling, a huge Monday Night War II, and when the dust settles TNA will be on top as it has better wrestling and people will see that.

I couldn't of said it better myself... As much as i sometimes can't stand the WWE product i will still always watch it. I have big hopes for TNA mostly because i miss WCW alot and i just would love to see another organization succeed besides WWE. And having another product besides WWE gives more excitment to us wrestling fans like talent jumping from one promotion to another or just having something else to watch. I have alot of respect for TNA for being a upstart promotion and at least making it this far. Hopefully it doesn't end any time soon. But i do doubt Vince will buy it.

Okay you cant honestly believe that TNA will ever win a battle with WWE. The fact is if WWE really viewed TNA as a threat they would take them out in the matter of months. Okay so TNA may get better ratings head to head than ECW. Lets put TNA on the same night as Raw or Smackdown, TNA would get killed. Until WWE decides TNA is a threat to there business, TNA will be alive and kickin, the problem is by talking Carlito into staying they showed a little fear in stars jumping to TNA. Within a year i think WWE will learn that not acknowledging TNA is not the right thing to do, they will steal there bigger stars, and TNA will be extinct by the end of 2009.

I couldn't of said it better myself... As much as i sometimes can't stand the WWE product i will still always watch it. I have big hopes for TNA mostly because i miss WCW alot and i just would love to see another organization succeed besides WWE. And having another product besides WWE gives more excitment to us wrestling fans like talent jumping from one promotion to another or just having something else to watch. I have alot of respect for TNA for being a upstart promotion and at least making it this far. Hopefully it doesn't end any time soon. But i do doubt Vince will buy it.

okay so youre saying tna (THE NOOBS ASSOCIATION) will beat smackdown!? let alone RAW!?!? they cant even match up to ECW yes EXTREMELY CRAPPY WRESTLING! like it says in my previous post the tna fanbase is mostly of the old wcw p*ssies dude you have absolutly no clue about the bussines vince will never and i mean NEVER let it come to another monday night wars tna will always be an average promotion with average wrestlers and average viewers and with major fanboys

TNA will never end, there will be a tuesday night war with "ECW", "ECW" will be cancelled, Then a friday night war with SD!, SD! will be cancelled, then there will be an Attitude Era-like rebirth of wrestling, a huge Monday Night War II, and when the dust settles TNA will be on top as it has better wrestling and people will see that.

Can I have some of what you are smoking please?

Back on topic, I honestly don't see TNA lasting past the end of this year. Their show is just crap. I can't stand to watch more than a few minutes at a time. TNA is slowly turning away from the wrestlers who built TNA like AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels and instead putting more emphasis on guys like Kurt Angle and Christian Cage. It's basically becoming WWE two. I got intersted in TNA because of the X - Division and guys like Styles and Daniels because it was something that I had not seen before. Now it't not much different than WWE. Don't get me wrong, I like the WWE but if I watch TNA I want to see something different. If I wanted to see WWE wrestlers and WWE storylines then I will watch WWE.

4bf81fed3f50a475a5bb70a33cfa8d8f.jpg

That's a funny one :headscratch:

If TNA didn't have the backing of Panda Electric (if that's what it's called) i think Spike would give them another year or so on tv then they'd be done. i don't want them gone but no matter what they do or who they bring in the ratings stay the same, i enjoyed them better before they debuted on Spike they had more wrestling & less bullshit. ther're Womans devision (oops i mean Knockout) is a joke & everything looks too staged, all the big names are ruining TNA - 3d, Cage (not as bad), Angle & now Booker etc. WTF it should be called WWEL (World Wresting Entertainment Leftovers)

why do these people even bother to watch this crap dont get me wrong i liked the x-division but thats it why the hell did they bring that loser russo in creative? dont they know he basicly killed wcw with crappy storylines but who cares wcw was crap and tna is crap WCW=dead+TNA=dead

I think WWE will eventually buy out TNA, but not until TNA gets bigger and more popular. And although it will never rival the WWE, I don't think WWE wants TNA to even get close to their popularity. You can already see it happening with things like Vince urging Carlito to stay. WWE is trying to ignore TNA, but since TNA has been getting slightly bigger lately, its hard for them to do.

Does anybody else remember a couple months ago; Stone Cold was interviewing some actor on WWE.com and he said something about TNA being the only other big promotion, but not having any good guys, and then WWE took that comment out as soon as people noticed it. That proves that WWE is getting eerie about TNA.

i can see tna not lasting much longer at all,they can produce thier own stars,they just feeding off wwe rejects and thats the only reason they are still around think of it,without,,dudleys,angle,booker,,cristian and all the other people who are there from wwe,,they dont have anyone,,o dont forget Abyss (who is a rip off of kane and mankind).
they dont have nothing going for them apart from feeding off the names of these former wwe stars.

and with the rumors bout dudleys wanting to go back to wwe,rumors about roaddog and billy gun wanting to go back to wwe aswell + the rumors about most the tna locker room calling wwe to see if theres jobs going,,tna dont have anything at all, its just a matter of time before tna goes under

The only reason talent is asking WWE for jobs is because Russo is booking, and im pretty sure Russo and Nash are tight, and Nash has as much influence on TNA as he did in WCW, with the whole creative control thing, I'm sure Angle has some control too, like Trips in WWE, i believe that if 3D and New Age Outlaws go back to WWE, TNA had better start growing some of their own talent, or else TNA is over, we'll see how 2008 goes for TNA, if it doesnt go too well, i can expect to see it end around July 2009

It amuses me to no end how the WWE fanboys have to come here and bash TNA all the time. It figures that you're so immature that you have to resort to name calling. Oh well, all the more reason to laugh at you. But hey, since you want to play that game, TNA is nowhere near as bad as you crybabies say it is, and it's way better than WWE, which is unbearably boring and has the same old nonsense every week. And to whoever said the Knockouts division is a joke, haha! They put on some great matches. The six woman tag from the last Impact was a stellar match. You probably think WWE's women's division is all that, don't you? Please...

But hey, if WWE sheep don't care for it, whatever. I'll continue to watch and enjoy TNA for as long as they wind up being around. Even at their worst, they're never boring.

This thread is completely laughable, along with a bunch of the takes on it. I'm sorry, but the whole "TNA is going to die" crap is from fanboys that have been watching it since 2002 and upset that the poor X-Division guys aren't getting pushes anymore.

Kurt Angle has brought the ratings of TNA up. 1.2, may not be impressive, but it is a third of the fanbase that the WWE has, and they've only been around for 6 years. Ratings have continued to climb, slowly, but still climb. How is that any indication that the company is going south? Their pay per views are tremendous. They deliver everytime money is on the line.

And blaming Vince Russo is stupid. Vince Russo is not in charge, he is simply there to provide guidance and input. When people realize this, they may actually gain some knowledge. Blaming Russo for everything wrong in the wrestling business was played out 7 years ago, and continuing going to that card shows an extreme lack of intelligence.

I think your insane. TNA has kept steady ratings on their televised shows for the last year. TNA has dished out non stop action PPV's for such a long time. TNA keeps getting big stars to appear. TNA has accomplished a lot, getting a prime time TV Slot, turning that into a 2-Hour prime time TV Slot, the X-Division alone puts the WWE to shame. Tell me, what has WWE accomplished? A loop-holed drug program? WWE Ratings are declining overall. Less people are ordering WWE PPV's. WWE has become stale compared to what it once was. Will WWE buy out TNA? Hell no. Dixie Carter has more money financed in TNA then you think! WWE on the other hand, the only reason they still exist big time is because the McMahon family run a monopoly off of past wrestling organizations that they had nothing to do with and that is the only damn reason that WWE can afford to keep their big time budget going. So you tell me, will WWE buy out TNA? I bet they want to because they know they are getting their ass kicked by them. Will TNA die any time soon? No, it's a better quality product overall and it's popularity is increasing.

TNA wont end. Give it some time. It looks like they are actually gonna start putting over new guys like Roode and Kaz and it seems like Samoa Joe is heading for his much needed push. Its hard for TNA to be successful because they haven't established an identity yet. TNA needs the established guys to not only bring in fans but also put over the younger guys. It wouldn't mean anything if the younger guys beat a bunch of no names. TNA should use guys like Booker, Angle, and Christian to make their younger guys like Roode, Kaz, and Joe look better. I don't think they wanna make the same mistake WCW made in not using the established guys to put over new stars so hopefully in two years TNA will be a completely different place and should be carried by Kaz, Roode, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, James Storm, and hopefully some more new talent. TNA needs to rid itself of unneccessary guys like New age outlaws, Black Reign, Rhyno, and Raven. They also need to change up the horrible announce team. Kevin Nash or Jeff Jarrett should be the color commentator with either Borash or Tennay as play-by-play. TNA has a chance to stick around as an alternative but it probably wont be as popular as WWE unless they hire the next Eric Bischoff or discover the next Rock. TNA will be around for a while.

see thats the point we are trying to make as you said "angle put up the tna ratings" (well not by much).. ANGLE = ex wwe
tna cant produce thier own stars or when they are about to like "aj" they get thrown down when a "ex wwe" guy comes on the scene

to be honest with the other post about "tna is better than wwe" seriously man it isnt,the only losers who think its better are the people from florida (cause its based in universal studios),its just like any wrestler that wrestles in thier home town get huge reaction

its nothing to do with "wwefanboys" because at the end of the day the wwe is proven to be better in everyway possible to messure this,for example,,tv ratings,ppv buys,merchandise,game sales,ticket sales (wwe dont have to give away free tickets at universal like tna do to make it look like they are packed out). so thats what proves that wwe is way better than tna,,hell wwe even prouduce thier own stars,,hogan,rock,austin(never hit the high time till he signed with wwe),cena,hbk,orton,jbl,edge,undertaker (WANT ME TO GO ON??? I CAN GO ON ALL DAY).

theres going to be loads of negative posts to this but you know what i couldnt care less i put down my points and proved them,,so its laughable when you come here saying tna is better when nothing points to that being the truth,so post your lil pro tna stuff because we are all having a laugh about it

What keeps WWE alive? The McMahon Monoply, lets see, ECW, WCW, WCCW, WWF... do you know what that is? Life support. TNA stays alive on their own, why is that? Because TNA IS WRESTLING.

o p.s the guy who said bout only thing wwe has done is a loop hold drug problem,,least they have a drug plan tna dont have 1,,read things a ex tna person has wrote about drugs being easily gotten at backstage in tna,then think "is a drug plan which might have some floors better than tna where u can get drugs anytime you want"

there you go

TNA started of as a good promotion no doubt, but by the end of 2007 it has become nothing but crap. TNA is filled with nothing but WWE leftovers. Kurt Angle to me could have been like a Legend like the Undertaker, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, and Shawn Micheals. Angle had it all until he went to TNA. He is involved in stupid storylines and is misused, for gods sake he has rap entrance theme. Christian is nothing but a WWE reject, all he is really known as to me is a good tag team partner when he was with edge, TNA is trying to make him into a big star like WWE has done with Edge( which has better wrestling talent), but is not working because Christian sucks! Booker T is a washed up has been. Booker is not the wrestler he once was in WCW and in his early WWE days. TNA has let old WWE and WCW wrestlers( whos best days are behind them like Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Booker T, and Scott Hall before they droped him), be the top stars while they should be pushing younger and better talent. They droped AJ Styles to midcard level, he was the reason why I had even started watching TNA. Where and what happened to Samoa Joe's push. I do not think that WWE has to much worry about TNA because they are screwing their own selves over. TNA will be done by 2009 or 2010 do poor decisions, bankruptcy for trying to get WWE stars, and just for not pushing younger talent to world championship status.

How can TNA fans say that it has a real drug testing program, I have never TNA ever suspending anyone for drugs or steriods,and TNA has even hired Booker T( a wrestler that was tested for steriods in WWE), Kurt Angle( suspisions of using steroids, and Scott Steiner( looks like a big steriod user because he is so big that he is unormal). TNA could be covering up for their stars. TNA is not as good as their fans say it is.TNA can not compete with WWE and will fail!!!

there are alot of marks that don't have a clue what they are talking about, saying there is no way tna will die, thats b.s. not saying it will, i like tna. but i mean face the facts, they are on tnn. ecw, wwe, tna, hmmmmmmmmm. and saying that wwe is on life support cuz they own libraries? how did they survive before then. i love tna, but im sick of these fans that think, wow tna is different ill be cool for watchin

@ianfromlondon

TNA is enforcing a Drug Program that will go into affect soon. WWE does have loop holes in their Drug testing, which has nothing to do with TNA. TNA is a company that has mostly "Normal" sized human beings. WWE on the other hand has unnaturally huge human beings. Lets speak about that loop hole and that fact that someone like John Cena and Batista shows physical evidence of previously doing steroids or currently doing steroids, it's obvious, but there is a slim chance of them getting in trouble if they are a "McMahon Golden Boy". McMahon, him self, he probably does steroids, look how huge that old man is! That is not natural for an old guy like him.

I have said this before, TNA is heading in the right direction right now. Kurt Angle, Booker T, and Christian Cage are the best in TNA and when they sign this new rumored TV Deal they will be going to war with WWE and finally the new era of wrestling, WILL RISE UP AND CONQUER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TNA won't end for a long time. They still have alot of potential. Sure some of the "originals" of TNA are jobbing to new "big" guys. That does not mean they will die out soon. TNA is rising in ratings, how the hell does that mean they're dying out!? Ever since Angle came to TNA they've been doing higher and higher in the ratings, so how is it his fault. Like CA said it's not Russo's fault. He's there to give guidnace in angles, he's not in charge. So it's not his fault.

tna is gay did u know kurt angle christan bookert t black reign (goldust) were in the wwe there the ones who made tna wrestling before that gay!

Welcome to these forums, apparently your stay won't be too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back