When will TNA finally end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
as i read this thread i realize that some of the people who post comments on this thread are just plain stupid. the only way tna will end is if panda energy stops supporting it with its money. To those wwe fans who keep bashing tna here is a message, DON'T WATCH IT!!!! If you don not like what you see then change the damn channel, watch your stupid wwe raw that has 40 minutes of wrestling and 1 hour and 20 minutes of promos and this is a life long wwe fan talking.

To the tna fans who say russo is ruining tna with his storylines, you are putting the blame on the wrong person. If tna fans don't like the storylines blame that on dutch mantel and jeff jarrett they are the main bookers in tna who write the storylines, all russo does is write what they tell him to write and put a little bit of influence in the storylines. 2008 will be a big year for tna because they will start doing more house shows and if they get good attendance numbers they will get more fans and more viewers for their impact show.

If all of that happens then they might be a threat to wwe and to the person who said tna should start doing tna impact on the road i agree with you 100%, tna impact's look in universal studios is starting to look stale and boring and personally those fans are fake ecw arena fans in my opinion. I hope that tna succeeds because the wrestling business is starting to suck and us wrestling fans need another wwe vs. wcw war because when wwe has competition thats when wwe gets good.

Morale has been low lately with many of them wanting to leave for wwe, but I have faith in the company, they have some really big stars they ought to be able to make something happen.

I like both brands and honestly don't see why people are arguing. I live in Australia and we have 8 different wwe shows a week. Mostly showing the same stuff. TNA doesn't air impact over here. So for me i have to order TNA PPVS to watch it at all.

From what i have seen when i watch TNA i cant tell who is a face and who is a heel (i guess thats because im not up to date with everything) One time its Angle vs Joe. Then the next thing i know its Joe and Angle. Then its Angle vs Joe again.

Another thing i hate about TNA is that they rely on the late 30's to 40 year old superstars. Also I think the reason why they don't have a drug policy is because they are scared to lose any of there superstars.

On the other hand WWE are slighty better at this time.

They just need to scrape off some of that extra weight like Hornswoggle, Khali, Boogeyman, Big Daddy V and all those useless wrestlers with useless gimmicks.

Also need to give people like Matt Striker, London, Kendrick, Val Venis, Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn a chance.

Hopefully TNA will get at least another 4 - 10 years.

see my problem with tna is their "stars" arnt willing to make new stars and move out of the way. its wcw all over again. i can see why tna would sign big names from wwe/wcw/ecw. and while raven, rhino, christian, vkm and even team 3-d have done as much as they can to help put tna and its lesser known talent on the map and get them over (and where would guys like abyss, aj styles, americas most wanted be if it wasnt for some of these guys). while angle, sting and nash have come in, aj is moved to the mid card, joes awesome push is all but destroyed, daniels promising main event run is killed in its infancy, the x division and their championship and reduced to a joke and its once world renowned tag team division is a shadow of its former self. all though to its credit tna is doing their best to fix that now.

i realise all this has more to do with creative being retarted more than the big name talent but its a mighty fine coincidence.

thank god for dvd. i can watch any ppv from 2005/early 2006 and remember the good times!

TNA will be more popular once their video game is released, and more wrestling fans who doesnt know TNA will try to discover this up and coming company and give it chance and maybe WWE will open their eyes and improve their product once TNA has more devoted fans and the wrestling wars is restarted again.

I do watch TNA on thursdays but I'm not that much of a fan. TNA is just a company where all the wwe rejects go and wrestle because no one else wants them. Also I mean what's up with TNA's gimmick? You have a guy that's a cross between mankind and kane (abyss) and lax who is the latino world order. When I watch tna all I see is them copying the wwe with their characters and I can see how there trying to expand their knockout division but I think that's going to go straight into the gutter because I don't want to see a big lady(awesome kong) dominate the others which is totally typical. Tna will never beat the wwe and I hope they don't last for to much longer and making their show 2 hours longer didn't help because it still sucks no matter what superstars they bring in or take out. Last but not least it has no chance.

i used to think wwe was alot better than tna then i started watching tna and it was a breath of fresh air with joe,styles and daniels but as more and more wcw and wwe guys have come its got worse and worse christian was good and angle was a major signing but recently with black reign,team 3ds current current crusade against the amazing x-division is stupid and the fact they are not showcasing their original talents the way they should be motor city machine guns,jay lethal,christopher daniels,a.j,joe and more.also the rivalries are to overdrawn how long has the abyss james mitchell been goin,roode has faced booker two straight ppvs neither a singles match also the titles in tna dont really mean anything angle holding all the titles show a lack of creativeness,the x division title was won by lethal then joe got it then angle then lethal again and now team 3d and divine are holding it ransom it seems tna are stranded in the early 90s the tna world title has change hands god knows how many times in the last year tna goin down fast and they cant rely on russo to save them or any reject wwe stars unless shelton benjamin goes then they may have a chance

I really enjoy both promotions. TNA is a nice getaway from the WWE product sometimes. But I prefer the TNA homegrown talent compared to the ex-WWE guys. Don't get me wrong Christian Cage and Kurt Angle are great for the company. But I remember a time in TNA when they didn't need these guys. AJ Styles was TNA MVP for like two years running and Christopher Daniels and the ohter X Division guys made TNA what it has become.

Do I think it will go under? Maybe, eventually, I don't think that McMahon will buy them out, I don't think he needs to personally. What people need to understand is that there will never be a second Monday Night War. That time has passed and as much as I love TNA Wrestling, I know that they will never be on the same level as the WWE purely based on their finances. I hope to see TNA as much as possible before somebody pulls the plug.

Only just come across this thread...and lets face it was never going to be anything more than two sides.

One side saying..fuck TNA they will b dead by the end of the year (o didnt you say that last year and the year before) and pointing out misguided problems the with company, like constant Russo baiting. Ill say it once more, TNA constantly says it Vince russo is employed to write the scripts, he writes the words on the paper, Thats it, he occasionally pitches the ideas, sometimes.

And there is the other side that will sit there and blindly defend TNA till they die. Cena sux, Wwe is shit, Mcmahon is a tool, Second monday night war asap. Well that is just a misguided view as the anti TNA view.

TNA is growing, but while its growing its learning. Its learning live on air. it makes it mistakes live on air and it makes it accomplishments live on air. While the WWE has had 20 extra years or so the make its mistakes and accomplishments. So comparing the two on any level is futile. But Learning on air is just as prevelant on WWE tv, they have there wrestlers learn how to wrestle on TV.

There is a big pros and cons list that can be applied to both companys, and neither is perfect.

This thread that could have turned into a nice discussion on where TNA will go next turned into the usual CENA SUX, TNA SUX debate that rages all over the wrestlezone forums.

TNA will last out if they change sort out there flaws. in the next 4 years or so. Jarrett needs to grow up and stop running TNA like a toy box and start running it like a buissness and Dixie needs to sort out her video collection and stop focusing on the monday night wars and maybe learn a bit more about why wrestling productions work, not just what worked at one time.

I give TNA 4 years if Dixie and Jarrett dont shape up a bit. And i give it a lifetime if they can sort out some of the small problems.

And in a suprising twist i give WWE 10 years if they carry on the path they are on. Stars that drift in and out, wrestlers that are too green, Writing that resembles poor soap operas and a ridiculous glass ceiling. And i give it a lifetime is they manage to pick the right successor the the vince throne and if they manage to create some stars i care about before all there ageing top line retires or gets crippled.

for all of you who are talking about TNA living or dying stop wasting your breath, TNA will die down shortly, but dont you think if it took off it would be better for the wrestling buissness????? only then would the WWE start creating crayzzzz story lines again like in the attitude era!

You should never say never. Who knows what is gonna happen? TNA may very well discover the next Eric Bischoff and give WWE a serious run or they may just collapse within a year. TNA is sort of like the old WCW before Bischoff took over in that it is badly mismanaged. They have the talent to compete with WWE but they need to utilize it properly. They probably need to go in a different direction because what they are doing isn't working.

And for the TNA bashers, I don't see why you would want it to end. I'm sure many loyal WWF fans wanted WCW to die back in the days, hell I was one of them. When they finally died I found that WWE's quality nose dived. There was no reason for them to make quality programming because there was no competition. About a year after WCW died I pretty much stopped watching wrestling all together until WWE brought back ECW. If TNA succeeds then WWE will have no choice but to make better TV. If both companies succeed then the fans win.

TNA has so much more left in the tank. Okies some stuff in 2007 was awful for TNA but come on look at it, Angle is thier champ, Booker T now signed with them, they have a 2 hour primietime slot and some PPV's outside the Impact Zone. This company is only starting to get the ball rolling. TNA has to get so much more worse before it ends and to be honest, its going to be a while i think. Vince will want them to get a great crowd following so he can start up war with them its good for the WWE and TNA. It will be around alot longer yet, despite the product growing very stale at the moment :(

i give tna a couple of more years about 5 or 6 beacsue tna is losing a alot of talent like ron killings pacman jones senshi and the rumor of team 3-d leaving will make a huge hole in tnas roster but then agian they have gotten great names like kurt angle booker t christain cage aj styles and rhyno

I agree with alot of you. I like TNA. They have angle,cage,rhino,styles. And they let wrestlers WRESTLE. Holy crap. What a concept. Maybe if WWE would let wrestlers wrestle and put on a GOOD show rather then Do the SAME moves over and over again, maybe just maybe they would have kept alot of wrestlers. And i know for sure they wouldnt have lost me along time ago. i hope TNA gets bigger and better. And i really hope that TNA blows the WWE out of the water.

and the "names" are mostly people developed into stars by WWE. TNA doesn't push their own talent much and that will end them IMO.

In my opinion TNA will end the day ROH gets a television deal. I used to enjoy TNA before they brought in Kurt Angle and vince russo evr since then TNA has gone down hill with stupid storylines and gimmicks. While i think ROH has been constantly improving as proven by their ppv deal. I think in the future ROH will be the one to take tna out of bussiness and then go head to head with the wwe. I say this because ROH focuses on wrestling which is what the fans want they dont have crappy wrestlers like big daddy v or scott steiner, they have fresh new talent such as davey richards, matt sydal, and roderick strong. ROH will shut tna down and then Samoa joe, aj styles, homicide, and christopher danielswill join them and Roh will be able to finally give wwe a run for their money.

and the "names" are mostly people developed into stars by WWE. TNA doesn't push their own talent much and that will end them IMO.

I feel this is their downfall too. TNA brings in old WWE guys (Angle & Booker, Dudleys, Steiners, Nash) and TNA brings in waste of money no drawing power guys (Test, Pacman, Black Reign, Rikishi). I think the only good pickups TNA took from the WWE was Christian & Tomko. I'm not counting guys like Rhyno & Raven and whoever else has been there for quite some time.

TNA then shoves these guys down our throats while burrying there own talent. It just doesn't make sense. With there booking they are admitting that the WWE is better than them and that they aren't on the same level as them. So the typical WWE fan is going to see TNA and be turned off by it immediatly when they notice abunch of guys the WWE let go.

TNA is stuck at a 1.0 rating give or take a .2 in either direction. They aren't gaining fans and yet somehow they aren't really losing fans. They also waste a bunch of money on the talent and they have cancelled several live events recently. The PPV buyrates have plundered as well. No matter what they do they can't get over that hump and I feel that Dixie's dad will eventually give up on TNA and drop them because I don't care how rich you are you can't constantly lose money month after month for years. It's gonna take it's toll and I am really hoping TNA doesn't make it past 08' unless some MAJOR changes come.

i think tna will go down with in this year if they dont make quick , much needed changes ; better storylines , characters and angles not ****** like gimmicks like aj styles who i think is world championship material but what do tna do make him a eugene like character .
i think everyone agrees tna needs to change .they got 2 hours big names that they could make more big names with aj styles ,abyss and samoa joe .

p.s i wouldnt be surprised to see christian cage , samoa joe , team 3d , etc bail from tna and go wwe and possibly roh

It all honesty wwe isnt at it's best and has not been since the brand split. However it's still about 100 times better then TNA (im being nice with that figure). TNA reeks of old WCW every time a newer superstar starts to get a push and make a name for themselves creative end's the push and keeps going with the same old worn out faces ie Sting who isnt even half the wrestler he used to be, Kurt i've had more steroids the hot dinners Angle. If they spent the same time on pushing the real talents in that company Alex Shelly, LAX, Samoa I belong in WWE Joe, and AJ Styles then they might have a product that would last but they dont and when you see Kevin Nash getting back in the ring then alarm bells will start ringing. The future of TNA is as follows

1. Younger talent go the WWE (radicial type gimmick)
2. They start taping even more shows in one go so the spoilers are out even more before the actual show>
3.The money gets tighter and they cant afford the real and most talented wrestler on teh roster Christain Cage>
4. They lose the TV deal get cancelled and die. leaveing Jeff Jarrett looking even more stupid then he does now flogging this dead horse.

Maybe if TNA got rid of Mike Tenay and Jeremy Borash and they stopped having five run-ins in a single match and stopped making gimmick matches that seem stupid to 5 year olds, then they might actually have a chance.

As of now, TNA is barely a threat to Vince. They don't have the money or the fanbase, or their own, distinctive stable of wrestlers.

the only way i see tna ending is if vince makes dixie carter a offer that she cant refuse i people said this company wouldent even last a month but here we r 6 years later dont get me i still pop in to wwe once in a while and i was a huge fan of the attiude era but if u look at wat wwe has become tna hard to watch anything that wwe puts on tv these days

Hay, I like both brands of wrestling even though I think one is way more superior in talent and of a name brand and that is WWE. Don’t get me wrong I like TNA every once in a while. But not to make fun or try to put down, they need to stop trying to copy WWE, they have some good talent they half to use it. For example of TNA copying WWE If you remember in 2007 WWE had a PPV called Vengeance Night of champions where all the championships were on the line, then 1 month later TNA had a deal with Angle and Joe where all the winner gets the belts. And the stars copied Abyss with a knock off of Kane and mankind or there new guy that they use to try making a TNA version of the undertaker. They have good superstars that need to get better in order to improve business. If TNA doesn’t want to go under they need to start making up there own stuff. Get some homegrown talent, Need better announcers and yeah the storylines are stupid on both WWE and TNA but at least WWE presents and make them look better TNA is kind of a joke when it comes to that. They need better writers, and I hate to say it but The WWE to TNA is like MLB to minor leagues in match quality and rating. The only way I see TNA surviving is they need good storylines and better matches. For example WWE is brand name everyone knows about it TNA is like a sidekick TNA is pretty good but not enough to even hold a light toWWE. First WWE has been around for a long time, with great superstars like HHH, Shawn Michaels, Taker, Cena, Kane, Hogan, Batista, Edge people want to tune in to watch people like that. Don’t get me wrong TNA is like potential energy they can get better they half to do it themselves.

tna needs to focus more on the stars that put them on the map such as aj styles, christopher daniels, samoa joe. bringin in a few wwe guys wasnt a bad move but the tna roster seems a bit saturated with wwe guys, im glad they brought in christian cage because he was given the stage to shine that wwe wouldnt have done and tomko because tomko has improved since he left wwe and is a gud solid worker in tna because he went over to japan to learn.

Christian is the only good and entertaining guy they have. Angle was good at the beginning of his career, but his head got too big, and he's on drugs all the time. WWE should get Christian back.
And yeah... 5 titles on Angle at once? They love that freakin guy. I wasn't suprised it only took a day or so for him to win his title back from Sting. I hope Christian wins this match coming up, and holds the title for a while. Or he should quit and hook back up with the WWE.

TNA also copied WWE in that one 3D v. Joe and Angle For all the titles. I think it was back in 2000, maybe 01. But a PPV had Tag Champs Kane and Taker v. WWF Champ Stone Cold and IC Champ HHH. Where HHH and Stone Cold won the title from the Brothers.
Bitch move TNA, people still remember 6 yrs ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back