When will TNA finally end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dave_marella

How did WWE survive before they were on life support? Before WCW and ECW became a WWE product? WWE never existed before then, it was WWF Attitude era which was of good quality and dished out a lot of action and crazy story lines. So do you really think that WWE is the same as WWF Attitude? Do you realize how much the ratings dropped since then? WWE is nothing compared to then. And yes, if WWE did not have a library of historical great wrestling footage which they use for life support, their asses would be in bad shape without it. A great sign of WWE failing, Vince McMahon trying very hard to put out new WWE televised programming such as ECW, and a new revamped SNME, which both recieve poor ratings. WWE is trying hard to expose them selves, gain popularity, but they can only hold on to what they have because they have nothing to offer.

There butchering Gimmicks and Butchering potential stars, They have turned the X Division into a mockery and kept the same games at the top for to long and have shown no signs of bringing some new stars up to the dance or working them up.

Some are the following

Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Homicide
AJ Styles (Still a Lackey he should be cocky and arrogent)
Christopher Daniels

and stars which should be used better who have established themselves

Raven
Rhino

tna will never end by the looks of it. They have better wrestlers,women can wrestle, never botch moves, that's what makes them perfect. Tna is the best thing happened to the wrestling world in years. They will definitly kill of wwe in the future just like wcw did 82 weeks in a row.

EVERYTHING WILL COME TO AN END!!!WCW,ECW,TNA,and soon the WWE will all fall sooner or later.WCW,ECW fell becuz of bad ratings and bankruptcy,TNA will fall becuz of 3 things:1,ratings(hardly anyone gives a shyt about it)2,overrated(so wat if its a six sided ring?so wat if they stole almost of all WWE's top superstars?they are trying to prove something,THAT THEY ARE BETTER THAN THA WWE!)3,morale(lots of ppl arnt happy with the headlines or the role they play in TNA!the top superstars like sting,kurt angle,booker,christian etc. r happy becuz they r gettin world championship title opportunites like theres no 2morrow!!).....the WWE will probably end after wrestlemania 50 becuz just like the superbowl it wont be as great as the first 25!(AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH WAT I HAVE TO SAY?)

Ok first off...WWE will not buy TNA. It makes no sense for them to do so unless they truly think that they will be huge competitors, and if that's true I'm sure TNA would see that as well. Other than that WWE could simply wait for TAN to fold and then snatch up any talent they like at the prices they choose.

As for people saying that TNA cannot be a threat, WWE once "wasn't a threat" to the regional promotions and look what happened. I'm sure a lot of people don't even know TNA exists. Lets assume, for example, that in the middle of RAW and SmakDown someone walked out and said "Hey if you tune into SPike TV this time and day you can see Kurt Angle, Booker T and more" I'm sure tons of people would be interested in watching. They just need to know. Why TNA doesn't buy ad time during RAW and Smackdown I don't know.

TNA has been getting bigger and remains to do so. More TV, more well known wrestlers. If someone were to ask a WWE wrestler in private "Who's the better wrestler Cena or Christopher Daniels" they would certainly say Daniels, and I'm nearly certain Cena would agree. Now, Cena is a bigger DRAW and more POPULAR. WWE has time, resources, reputation and money on their side.

The point here is that TNA will be around as long as their board of directors deems it a worthwhile investment.

On a side note...I don't understand people who are loyal to either WWE or TNA and them only. I'm a wrestling fan and would like two giant promotions. If your a Cowboys fan do you refuse to watch another team? Just go out and support both and both will grow and get better. Neither is better than the other, it's a personal preference.

tna aint that bad but they need a boost.like other promothions that are in the right path but not yet make it.if they continue to travel they will be more exposed to the u.s. but they need to change some of the story lines and mabey fire some writers.kurts held on to the title way to much now.and they screw sting over when he got the title.christain should win it back.BUT i think joe should be champ for once.if i have more thoughts ill post!

I just went to 3 out of 4 TNA house shows in Canada this past week. Where some people say that TNA is nowhere near WWE, others say TNA is a breath of fresh air. Personally I am a wrestling fan, I watch both. I am loyal to some WWE wrestlers such as Undertaker and Kane. Yet I find myself enjoying TNA more and more. Forget storylines, the wrestling is fresh entertaining and just a joy to watch. After seeing TNA live 3 shows in a row...seeing different matches everynight and actually getting to meet the wrestlers and talking to them, I am a HUGE fan and wish them the best. I think if they keep touring this year they will get a larger fan base, I'm not saying they will beat the WWE, just saying they are here to stay.

i belive that tna will go out of buiseness and many of the wrestlers will go to wwe or other promotions , but when it will happen hopefully by the end of 08 or 09 unless a third promtoion comes up then it will bring out the best in all shows i hope that happens

TNA is doing great, especially thanks to Billionaire Ted up to his old tricks again. :) I'm loving the fact it's got a WCW feel to it, we can all thank Ted Turner for this. I don't see it ending anytime soon, TNA has made wise investments in stars such as Adam 'Pacman' Jones, Vince Russo, and they are the company that made Mr. Kennedy (too bad he ran off to the WWE stealing the gimmick:p)

TNA is doing great, especially thanks to Billionaire Ted up to his old tricks again. :) I'm loving the fact it's got a WCW feel to it, we can all thank Ted Turner for this. I don't see it ending anytime soon, TNA has made wise investments in stars such as Adam 'Pacman' Jones, Vince Russo, and they are the company that made Mr. Kennedy (too bad he ran off to the WWE stealing the gimmick:p)

for every ones info ted does not own or have any part in tna. the sell of wcw had an agreement between ted and vince so that tted could not do any wrestling promos till 09 so u thought ted did it ur wrong and trust me tna is going down they are gonna probly be in dept by the end of the year so all the superstars will be wanting a push and more money and not getting it so it will fall apart lets face it wwe has a shit load more money than tna and can blow them out of the water :undertaker2:

They need to do a live TV show or at least taped on location every so often to generate more revenue. The Impact Zone is starting to get that stale WCW Saturday Night feel. If they stay in Orlando every Impact people in other markets aren't going to care because the only way you will ever be able to go to a show is to go to Orlando and that can get expensive it's not worth it. I have a feeling TNA is going to get hot in the next year because they have a talented roster, but they will always have that same feel same type of crowds same type of boring highly edited promos that will turn people of from their product. I think there is a lot more wrong with TNA than just the writing/booking. They will be gone in 3 years tops if they keep taping Impact Orlando.

see thats the point we are trying to make as you said "angle put up the tna ratings" (well not by much).. ANGLE = ex wwe
tna cant produce thier own stars or when they are about to like "aj" they get thrown down when a "ex wwe" guy comes on the scene

to be honest with the other post about "tna is better than wwe" seriously man it isnt,the only losers who think its better are the people from florida (cause its based in universal studios),its just like any wrestler that wrestles in thier home town get huge reaction

its nothing to do with "wwefanboys" because at the end of the day the wwe is proven to be better in everyway possible to messure this,for example,,tv ratings,ppv buys,merchandise,game sales,ticket sales (wwe dont have to give away free tickets at universal like tna do to make it look like they are packed out). so thats what proves that wwe is way better than tna,,hell wwe even prouduce thier own stars,,hogan,rock,austin(never hit the high time till he signed with wwe),cena,hbk,orton,jbl,edge,undertaker (WANT ME TO GO ON??? I CAN GO ON ALL DAY).

theres going to be loads of negative posts to this but you know what i couldnt care less i put down my points and proved them,,so its laughable when you come here saying tna is better when nothing points to that being the truth,so post your lil pro tna stuff because we are all having a laugh about it

Keep laughing, pal. You're clueless, and it only gives me more reason to laugh at you. PPV buys, ratings, etc. mean shit to me. Do you know how many great movies make shit at the box office, while tons of trash films make boffo cash? Just because it makes more money, or in this case, gets more ratings, means nothing when it comes to quality. I don't care how many people slurp up WWE's nonsense, the show is an absolute bore. To top it off, WWE has been around way longer, and has spent decades building up it's flock of sheep who refuse to give any other brand of wrestling a chance. Of course it's going to be more successful. Oh yeah, and I'm from Texas, genius.

So yeah, TNA is better as far as I'm concerned. You don't like that? Boohoo, fanboy. You WWE apologists take this thing so seriously. It's hilarious.

I hope to God you are taking the piss, or are you that delusional. TNA is owned by Panda Energy last time I checked. Ted Turner had a 5 year restraint of trade put on him to do with Wrestling. So Ted hasn't bought TNA. Pacman wasn't an Investment at this or any stage as he didn't Wrestle, he couldn't so failure to TNA there. WWE and Kennedy made Kennedy, noone would be looking at a guy called Ken Anderson and calling him the next big thing. TNA may have a WCW feel about it but in the wrong areas right now. Too many old guys and not building up the younger Wrestlers that well.

Last Thursday's iMPACT was probably one of the worst shows in the new millenium. I've even watched WSX so that's telling you something. Where did all the "action" in Total Nonstop Action go? I'm a TNA fan all the way and prefer it over WWE, but seriously. If all the new episodes are gonna be like last week's they might as well change their name to TND: Total Nonstop Drama wrestling.

The problem with TNA is they push guys that are crappy wrestlers like Tomko, Who is a WWE Heat guy at best, and are pushhing them in main event matches instead of giving the spotlight to AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelley, and they have no idea what they want to do with Samoa joe, their biggest star, Who should not be jobbing to Kurt Angle.

That being said, there will always be a place for washed up WWE'rs to go. when guys like Tomko and Cage can go and be main eventers, rather then be buried in WWE (the way guys like like Sheldon Benjamin and Val Venis are) Then, they are an option for wresters who aren't ahppy with McMahon politics.

What you're not looking at is that TNA has some great wrestlers and puts on a lot of good matches. It also has a devoted fanbase, just like the WWE, who will never leave them no matter how bad it gets.

Great wrestlers that Vince Russo is assigning stupid gimmicks to, restricting them to mid-card and opening matches, all the while keeping the big and "name" at the top (Kinda sounds a like a little old promotion that went under in 2001, doesn't it?).

You talk about TNA's "devoted fan-base". You mean the fan-base that has been faltering for the past 2 years until it has become almost nothing? They haven't had good a good Pay-Per-View buy since the Samoa Joe-Kurt Angle match at Genesis 2006.

I give them a couple of years. I think their big move to SpikeTV was a mistake. Just the same as ECWs. ECW was 10 times better when I was catching them on the MSG network on a weekly basis. When they got to SpikeTV, they (the network) didn't even bother to tell the fans what timeslot they were on, or even that they had been cancelled. And that's what's going to happen to TNA by the year 2010. They are going to be another flash in the pan wrestling orginization much like USWA./B]

I hope TNA never ends, because honestly though i am a loyal WWE guy, i grew up with it, i think WWE sucks right now and has done for a few years. I hoenstly believe WWE performs better under competition, and they havent had any since WCW+ECW. For years there really wasnt another company to fill the void and WWE dominated the market by default and for a while thanks to the influx of new talent they were doing really well. But then it all went down hill....

TNA put on better matches and better pay-per-views, far less DQ finishes and screwjobs, WWE has more star power and does dress everything up more nicely, they do suck you in and make you want to see their next show, so both companies have definite upsides, but WWE gets between three and four times as many viewers and the difference sadly is money. WWE has decades of reputation so people think of it as THE wrestling company so they are always gonna get the non-wrestling crowd, the kids, the casual fans. But WCW+ECW used to get the hardcore fans, the ones who knew the business, the ones who appreciated a good match and TNA gets them now, no-one can deny that TNA owns the contracts to many of the top performers in the entire world and they allow them to be more free during matches, which to me is more entertaining than a five minute headlock+punch fest that ends in a holding of the tights or a DQ finish.

For TNA to survive they NEED to get attention on a national scale and various sports shows screwed them over with the Pacman Jones deal, i was MILDLY intrigued to see him in a ring, but i was more hoping that he would allow people unfamiliar with TNA to see it, but i dont think i saw one show that mentioned them by name, just that he was trying to wrestle. That sucked for them cos they spent big money to bring him in and it bombed in every way imaginable. Bringing in huge stars like Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Sting, Booker T attracts attention within the wrestling world, but they need to reach that audience they havent tapped into yet.

Bottom line is, at present TNA are basically a very large local territory company, albeit one with a video game coming out, some huge stars and a lot of merchandise. They need to get some cash, start touring more, get all over the US, not just localise in the South, try and crack California, New York, Chicago, big TV markets, they need to promote the hell out of themselves if they want to survive.

Also can i just say i read a lot of comments from people who want TNA to fail soon, one dude even said fuck TNA. I dont get it at all, i mean fine some of the TNA storylines as of late have been pretty diabolical, but for WRESTLING, they are much better than WWE.

To all the people who dont like TNA, what are you watching instead?!? WWE sucks BIG TIME and has for a while now, and this is coming from a huuuuuge WWE fan of over a decade, i tune in every week PRAYING for something to change and 9 weeks out of 10 im left thinking "that was just horrible". Whilst Impact sometimes makes me think hmmm, im never disappointed, i always see 6 solid wrestling matches, i dont see a leprachaun, i dont see the fattest guy in the world wrestling in a vest, i dont see the Great Khali who no-one in the world can work a decent match with, i dont see John Cena winning every match he is put in.

Granted TNA isnt perfect by any stretch, but it is also a better WRESTLING company than WWE. I want to see matches first, and thats what TNA delivers. If you're a Ring of Honour fan then i have no quarrell with you, i have no way of watching it so i cant comment but from what i heard it is straight up matches, no B.S. so it sounds good to me, just please dont try and pretend WWE is better than TNA

LMFAO!!! Adam "Pacman" Jones was THE worst investment that TNA could have possibly made. He wasn't allowed to wrestle, couldn't cut a promo to save his life, yet they threw the tag title belts on him and killings when they could have put them on the best team in the promotion, Motor City Machine Guns. Also, why the fuck are you talking about Ted Turner? He has absolutely NOTHING to do with TNA, Panda Electric (TNA's Parent Company), or SpikeTV. He gave up on wrestling when he sold WCW to Vince. Get your facts straight before you write a paragraph.

PS. Kennedy had try-out matches in the WWE all throughout 2001-2004, and only wrestled on TNA Xplosion as a jobber before he signed a WWE developmental contract. So, TNA gave him an opportunity to wrestle. The WWE made Ken Kennedy.

If you ask me TNA shouldnt even be on. I have seen them countless times steal past things that WWE has done. They do have some talented wrestlers but in the end they don't get near as many ppv buys as WWE and they are really just wasting time. Also none really hears about TNA onece john cena was what he thought about TNA and he responded with " there still a show" I don't think tna should be on anymore.

What I don't understand is why so many people, hope that TNA goes out of business. Thats so stupid. I also didn't know that there so many marks, that were so dumb. Some of you, not all of you, don't even know anything about wrestling history nor understand alot of things about what defines a wrestling company as successful. While TNA has made there share of mistakes, they are doing some thing really good things now. So let me make this perfectly clear no matter what any of you think TNA IS NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS! They have a contract with Spike TV that will keep them on the network until 2011, and have financial backing of Panda Energy, which is a billion dollar company.

So let me get this straight, more than half the people on this forum hate TNA, but why do you waste your time saying anything about it? You say they suck and can't compete with WWE, ECW in particular, and say they ruin gimmicks, which i can agree with to an extent (AJ). But one of the only reasons I used to watch ECW was because of Kevin Thorn because I liked his gimmick, but now look at him, he looks like a cheap knock off of Angle, so thats one person whose gimmick was ruined. Another person was the Sandman, they obviously changed his gimmick from the old ECW (Less beer, no singapore cane. Hell, they ruined ECW in general, i only watched it for about a month, until I saw someone get DQ'd, then I would watch it every now and then to watch Thorn because of his gimmick, so now what does the E in ECW stand for, because it sure the hell isn't for EXTREME. Obviously WWE cares about TNA because they made a reference to Scott Halls no show. Also at least TNA gives people the titles who actually deserve them, I mean could someone explain to me why Rey Mysterio held the World Heavyweight Title, if I can remember right he's classified as a cruiserweight, and now he's getting a title shot again. Also Kurt Angle might have held all five titles, but it didn't stay that way for long because TNA knows how to please their fans, and thats far from someone (Batista) getting title shot, after title shot, after title shot, not even deserving it, and being involved in every major story line. I don't know how ECW is now because I stopped watching it, but I do know that TNA destroyed ECW in ratings when they went head to head, and then they didn't even go head to head with them the second time. Also, it seems like every title match in the WWE ends in DQ, like the Orton/Jericho match. And none of the titles in WWE are ever defended: examples: US Title, Intercontinental Title, Raw Tag Titles, and the Smackdown Tag Tiles.

So TNA will survive

In my opinion if TNA dosnt get the exposure out there or wrestling dosnt change from a kiddies orientated show to a more general orientated show then i think it will sink in 10-20 years.

It isnt a kiddies orientated show and thats the biggest draw in wrestling today. TNA gears toward teenagers and 30-20 year old adults, if wrestling as a whole isnt changed TNA will crash as it isnt big enuf to change viewing demographics on it own.

WWE has to do good firstly for TNA to succeed as thats what most people see as wrestling. For example you have to remind people that amature wrestling is a sport and is a Olympic contest.

WWE has the power to survive for a long time even with bad ratings and no viewers because it is such a big company and has so much cash, where as TNA needs to break even to get by or it will sink.

If TNA wants to survive it needs to promote and get itself out there im only talking about UK here as in the UK TNA isnt well known only my Doherty cousins know about it they happend to see it on TWC Fight once and i had to tell my friend about it. I dont even think my mum and dad know about it even tho i buy the t shirts and dvds.

It needs to be a program you want to watch, not just watch occasionally when there nothing else to do.

TNA needs to go from ECW and WCW light to its own brand of wrestling! IT needs to get just simple entertaining storylines that show off the guys involved in them and plays their strengths.
Even if they just try out guys in some feuds to get an idea of where they fit i dont mind coz recently they have been clueless to where there roster fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back