• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When Do You Prefer Your NFL Team Play?

The Brain

King Of The Ring
I’m just a casual NFL fan but I enjoy watching the Bears play on a Sunday at noon. I know the prime time games on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday seem to be the coveted spots but I just don’t enjoy those games as much. I like watching the game in the daylight of a lazy Sunday afternoon. I already got to sleep in a bit and when the game is over I still have the day ahead of me. I’m not watching the game after working all day and I don’t need to get to sleep shortly after the game to go to work the next day. Sunday at noon is about as relaxed as I can be. I don’t care about the national audience. Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night just don’t work for me. How do you guys feel? What is the ideal day and time you prefer to see your team play?

1 PM ET is pretty great. Since I'm a Lions fan, a good 13/14 of 16 games are usually at that time. Prime-time has it's pluses and minuses (mainly that they can run late and I usually don't get much done from half hour before to when I go to bed). Hate West Coast games, though. Can't watch the GOTW then and normally it's a crappy 1 PM game then.

I rather like 4 PM games. I sleep in a lot on Sundays, sometimes later than 1 PM, so 4 PM starts are nice when they happen.

I prefer the Bears play around the first Sunday in February, but that's just me :)

No I prefer Sundays at 1PM ET as well. I enjoy lazy Sunday afternoons. I don't have NFL Network to see Thursday games and Monday nights I'm watching Raw.

I prefer to watch Sunday 1pm Steeler games. Don't like Monday night games because Raw. I like Sunday night games if there is no ppv that day. I have NFL Network so Thursday night games don't bother me.

I prefer to watch the Pack play the early Sunday game, I like to wake up & rotate trough the various pregame & fantasy football shows, while I make some breakfast, & take a shower. Then I just lay around & watch my Packers kick a little ass (or get their asses kicked if it's a bad day). I hate primetime games, especially Monday & Thursday games, & unless the Packers are playing usually don't tune into them until about the 4th qtr. if at all.

Night time games, doesn't matter which day. That way I can definitely see my team play, they do pretty well at night and it doesn't interfere with my daughter time.

Anytime is ok with me, especially since I watch both college and pro football. I used to watch every Monday Night game back in the day. But the Sunday Night game is superior these days.

I like my Giants at 1PM on Sundays. Upset my routine and things get nasty.

They played last Thursday night, leaving only 4 days since their previous game. Next time they play is this Monday night, meaning there will be 11 days between games.....almost like a bye week.

Of course, whenever they're playing, the Giants are the greatest NFL team in creation. Can anyone argue that?

No, I didn't think so.

1 PM EST/EDT. I hate it when the 'Skins play on Sunday or Monday night. I don't mind Thursdays as much. I really wish I didn't have to endure college football on Saturdays and that the NFL could put 8 games on Saturday and 8 games on Sunday.

I heard talk on Pardon The Interruption that the NFL should do away with the Thursday night games except for Thanksgiving. Personally, if it were me, I'd put it on Friday nights instead. Not much is on Friday nights on regular broadcast networks. High school and college ball are usually on in spirts, so the ratings would be good. Just my opinion though.

Aside from Thanksgiving, I agree Thursday night games need to go. Typically the level of play is down significantly compared to a Sunday or Monday game.

Personally, I'd like the Vikings to play the late afternoon game. My reasoning is I have the Red Zone Channel. It's far more fun watching Red Zone during the early afternoon games when more teams play. When the Vikes play the early game, I'm mostly watching them but I don't get to utilize Red Zone as I'd like to, mostly just during commercials. At most there is 4 afternoon games, I'd rather watch Red Zone when there are 8 games going on.

Nights for me. It feels like a treat, because it's so rare to see the Dolphins on MNF or SNF now a days. I guess a lot of that has to do with us being mediocre/shit for so many years now. Of course, the Dolphins are slaughtered by the Saints the one time we're on Monday night this year. :suspic:

Other than that, Nights or after 4 PM. With the Dolphins on at 4 PM, I'm free to roam around on the NFL Sunday Ticket without interruption, and I learned you don't really need the Red Zone, because you can just follow the live updates on NFL.com. More often than not, when the 1 PM kickoff time rolls around, I'm usually stuffed full of pizza, mozzarella sticks, or some other greasy food, so I'm usually nodding off during the game, or completely passed out 100%

This is another reason I miss living on the west coast. The early games were at 10 and the late games at 1 or 1:30. Then the Sunday night game would hit at around 5:30 or so. There's been a few I fell asleep on when they run extra late.

I dig the 3:25 start time. I don't like to be up early. Unless I'm working Sunday evening, then I prefer it to be at noon so I don't have to listen on the fucking radio. They usually play at noon or 3/4 of the season though.

I like Thursday games, also. I hate waiting 6 days every week for football.

I like the 3:05 central time start. Like a couple other people in this thread I'm up late so I tend to sleep later. I don't mind missing the first little bit of a game I'm not invested in. Regardless of who is playing I always watch a noon game, a 3:05 or 3:25 game and all the night games.

Monday nights for me. Not only are the Steelers essentially unbeatable on Monday nights for as long as I can remember, but the fantasy is out of the way for the most part, allowing me to simply enjoy the game. The only drawback is missing Raw, because the Steelers come first.

I like the Bengals to play at 1pm on CBS mostly because that's when they usually play so any other time seems weird and I hate watching games on fox. ESPN and NFL Network are better than Fox but CBS over all and as a side note, GO BENGALS

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back