• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's So Great About CM Punk?

Don't forget the cena sucks chants man, Punk doesnt get those, and from here to the future the cheers will get better, plus the match with r-thruth was awesome.
I didn't forget about the "Cena sucks" chants. As already discussed, he wants those and most people enjoy booing him. Good point though as Cena gets everyone to care a lot about him one way or the other, smarks or normal people.

You're a ******. You come off with some of the stupidest stuff on here. Saying the Punk chants are all from young adults is so stupid. You can say the same thing about Cena and his chants are all from kids. In the match against R-truth more people got into the match to support Punk including kids and you are really blind and deaf if you couldn't hear that. Why would he turn heel? He's selling merchandise everywhere and is one of the biggest superstars on the show at the moment. Isn't this one of the reasons your against Cena turning heel as it's not financially beneficial. Punk will turn full babyface before he turns full heel and I bet you that. HHH will turn full heel very soon maybe at NOC and Punk will become much more over with the little jimmys and such after that. I still don't get why you go out of your way to put down punk and have to lie try and validate your points
He sells merchandise with smarks. They'll buy his shit regardless. He's not as over as you think. Like I said, I was at a house show not long ago, there weren't that many Punk shirts, he's losing steam. You can't just watch TV, and when the WWE cameras pick out a section that has a lot of Punk shirts and say "THAT PROVES IT".

He's not very over as a babyface and it's because he whines too much and says dumb shit like "I want to make things fun again" which, if people are at the fuckin show, they're already having fun obviously, you don't hear car salesmen say "yea, I wish I could sell you a better car than that piece of shit you just bought". I hang out with normal people, not smarks. My girlfriend, the guy she works with, and the guy I went to the show with were all indifferent towards Punk, my girlfriend pretty annoyed with him. He's much better as a heel.

Punk is essentially Cena's foil. He's a babyface to the smarks because he's their "voice". The normal people don't like his "I'm different, look at me, I'm changing things". Awesome Truth got a bigger reaction to their promo than Punk "shoot" number 74.

Punk doesn't get much of a reaction in his matches as a babyface. John Cena got the loudest in-match reaction simply being the last man on his team. The last 3 weeks Punk has been getting weaker and weaker reactions. If you turn Punk heel, he's more natural, he doesn't have to worry about sounding whiny, and he'll still sell shirts to the smarks.

Punk doing all the generic babyface things like pointing to the fans is just that, generic, almost like he's being a charicature of babyfaces. He's going to turn on the fans. It's going to be all about him. It fits his character a lot better than "wah wah I want this to be fun again, I'm different, mainstream stuff is stupid". Punk's reactions as a babyface are nothing special. Air Boom got a similar reaction in their match.

twjc! you cant expect cm punk to be over with the fans immediantly, it took cena year's to get acceptence by the fans. plus where do you get that punk is loosing steam and his shirts are only selling to smarks! im getting the vibe that your a cena fan but where are you getting these facts from? last week was the first time punk got cheered other then smarks and wwe are obviously trying to get him over! yes it will take a year or so but cena cant be on top forever, wwe are just planning ahead and right now cm punk is the only 1 who can be the next cena

yes cena get's cheered more then punk but he also get's boo'd more
yes cena sells more merch, but cmon 5 months ago punk was basically nothing and look where he is now, there's a reason why wwe stopped the rivarly with punk and cena due to wanting punk to become popular with the audience's other then males and if he had have kept wrestling cena that would not have happen

give punk time he will become big, he's only blooming like cena was in 2005

twjc! you cant expect cm punk to be over with the fans immediantly, it took cena year's to get acceptence by the fans.

WELL ACTUALLY...
WWE are trying to put him over as a BIG face. Don't believe me?
They're booking him against heels. THAT simple. Forget what he says/does/acts like. He's not a tweener, he's not a face with a heel twist. CM Punk IS FACE. CM Punk is being booked AS A FACE.

If the crowd don't get behind him fully and cheer like crazy then...his run as a FACE is pretty...screwed. Punk has the look of a heel, acts like a heel, plays up like a heel but is treated like a face. They're trying to make him into this Stone Cold style character, only this is 2011, not 2001. The crowds have changed and in many ways, the crowd is more black and white because it's more made up of kids. What is good is good, what is bad is bad. CM Punks character change would have worked 10 years ago with that crowd, but now it is not working. CM Punk is not as over as people hope and "no amount of time" will change that because Punk is pandering to the SMARKS, not to the ACTUAL crowd.

plus where do you get that punk is loosing steam and his shirts are only selling to smarks!

Read the rest of his post. Live shows.

im getting the vibe that your a cena fan but where are you getting these facts from? last week was the first time punk got cheered other then smarks and wwe are obviously trying to get him over! yes it will take a year or so but cena cant be on top forever, wwe are just planning ahead and right now cm punk is the only 1 who can be the next cena

Doubtful. Cena is a main stay. He makes the money. Until Cena retires or leaves, the era will be with Cena, regardless of what Punk says or does. It took Hogan to "retire", took Stone Cole to get injured and The Rock to make movies before their era's moved on. The same with Cena. Injury/movies is the ONLY thing that'll advance us on, and Punk won't be the next in line for the crown even then. Punk isn't THE most over person that's ever been seen - he's a niche superstar. Smarks adore him. WRESTLING fans adore him, but the ones who want to just be entertained and actually pay the tickets? They're so so on him and would likely rather see Cena.

yes cena get's cheered more then punk but he also get's boo'd more
yes cena sells more merch

Whole basis of the argument there. Cena gets cheered more. He gets booed more. Therefore Cena elicits more of a reaction from the crowd. Cena getting a bigger reaction whether boo or cheer is signs that people CARE about the Cena character which is what they're looking for. Precisely what they're looking for. No doubt. Cena sells more merch, therefore he makes more money, therefore he's their top man. Money talks man.

but cmon 5 months ago punk was basically nothing and look where he is now

Good for Punk. But ACTUALLY...I beg to differ. On smackdown, when Punk was there, WAS HE OR WAS HE NOT the biggest thing on SD? Did he or did he not have a MASSIVE feud with Jeff Hardy, then The Undertaker in succession? Were they or were they not 2 of the biggest stars on SD? This isn't Punk's first rodeo of being on top of a brand and he was NEVER going to just be someone who was a "nothing". He was always a somebody, he was just not being pushed along with the other stories that WWE wanted to sell at the time.

there's a reason why wwe stopped the rivarly with punk and cena due to wanting punk to become popular with the audience's other then males and if he had have kept wrestling cena that would not have happen

Could say the same for the x-amount of people who have had storylines finished with Cena. This angle though is clearly not over, it's just taking a break so it doesn't get stale. Punk will likely join back in on it during the rumble.

give punk time he will become big, he's only blooming like cena was in 2005

Possibly...but unless Cena walks away from the ring, Punk will not take over. Cena took over from Lesnar who was the big thing until he walked away. Lesnar was the next to bring us into a new "era" since The Rock left, who pretty much left it to Lesnar. It goes around in circles, one person passes the torch to another and it just so happens Cena is on top right now. Cena will NEED to leave for one reason or another before someone takes his place.

yes but if wwe keeps cena at top forever then younger guys like orton , punk , miz etc are gonna get alot older before they become big, cena is like 35 now, and cena is a nice and loyal person and im sure he will make the dicision to step down as the top dog soon.

im just saying wwe will have to prepare a next superstar to take over cena's spot eg if he get's injured or retire's he's getting pretty old right now he only has 5 years left and maybe 2-3 at the top level

See Hogan who was in his 40's but still dominating WWF at the time. Ya. Exactly.

Cena will likely suffer injury before going out and a new "era" being ushered in. Besides, if you look at it more carefully, Punk is the flash in a pan push, his push will last a few years max. The man who's going to actually be the face of WWE for a long, long time to come after Cena?

The Miz.

WELL ACTUALLY...
WWE are trying to put him over as a BIG face. Don't believe me?
They're booking him against heels. THAT simple. Forget what he says/does/acts like. He's not a tweener, he's not a face with a heel twist. CM Punk IS FACE. CM Punk is being booked AS A FACE.

If the crowd don't get behind him fully and cheer like crazy then...his run as a FACE is pretty...screwed. Punk has the look of a heel, acts like a heel, plays up like a heel but is treated like a face. They're trying to make him into this Stone Cold style character, only this is 2011, not 2001. The crowds have changed and in many ways, the crowd is more black and white because it's more made up of kids. What is good is good, what is bad is bad. CM Punks character change would have worked 10 years ago with that crowd, but now it is not working. CM Punk is not as over as people hope and "no amount of time" will change that because Punk is pandering to the SMARKS, not to the ACTUAL crowd.

Read the rest of his post. Live shows.

Doubtful. Cena is a main stay. He makes the money. Until Cena retires or leaves, the era will be with Cena, regardless of what Punk says or does. It took Hogan to "retire", took Stone Cole to get injured and The Rock to make movies before their era's moved on. The same with Cena. Injury/movies is the ONLY thing that'll advance us on, and Punk won't be the next in line for the crown even then. Punk isn't THE most over person that's ever been seen - he's a niche superstar. Smarks adore him. WRESTLING fans adore him, but the ones who want to just be entertained and actually pay the tickets? They're so so on him and would likely rather see Cena.

Whole basis of the argument there. Cena gets cheered more. He gets booed more. Therefore Cena elicits more of a reaction from the crowd. Cena getting a bigger reaction whether boo or cheer is signs that people CARE about the Cena character which is what they're looking for. Precisely what they're looking for. No doubt. Cena sells more merch, therefore he makes more money, therefore he's their top man. Money talks man.

Good for Punk. But ACTUALLY...I beg to differ. On smackdown, when Punk was there, WAS HE OR WAS HE NOT the biggest thing on SD? Did he or did he not have a MASSIVE feud with Jeff Hardy, then The Undertaker in succession? Were they or were they not 2 of the biggest stars on SD? This isn't Punk's first rodeo of being on top of a brand and he was NEVER going to just be someone who was a "nothing". He was always a somebody, he was just not being pushed along with the other stories that WWE wanted to sell at the time.

Could say the same for the x-amount of people who have had storylines finished with Cena. This angle though is clearly not over, it's just taking a break so it doesn't get stale. Punk will likely join back in on it during the rumble.

Possibly...but unless Cena walks away from the ring, Punk will not take over. Cena took over from Lesnar who was the big thing until he walked away. Lesnar was the next to bring us into a new "era" since The Rock left, who pretty much left it to Lesnar. It goes around in circles, one person passes the torch to another and it just so happens Cena is on top right now. Cena will NEED to leave for one reason or another before someone takes his place.
I made a thread about the Cena booing you should check it out. If Cm Punk is forced down our throats for 7 years he will get just as much of a reaction as Cena. Why are you praising Cena getting boo'd when it's because a lot of people are sick of him hogging the spotlight. People aren't sick of Punk so he will not get viciously boo'd by half the audience.

Punk isn't loosing steam at all. He's in a feud with HHH who hasn't turned heel yet so all the little Jimmys are confused. Punk is still just as over with young adults to older adult males and gaining some kinds here and there too. After this feud is all said and done Punk will be a babyface to everyone and HHH will turn heel eventually to certify that. That's how I see it planning out anyway.

I made a thread about the Cena booing you should check it out. If Cm Punk is forced down our throats for 7 years he will get just as much of a reaction as Cena. Why are you praising Cena getting boo'd when it's because a lot of people are sick of him hogging the spotlight. People aren't sick of Punk so he will not get viciously boo'd by half the audience.

Punk isn't loosing steam at all. He's in a feud with HHH who hasn't turned heel yet so all the little Jimmys are confused. Punk is still just as over with young adults to older adult males and gaining some kinds here and there too. After this feud is all said and done Punk will be a babyface to everyone and HHH will turn heel eventually to certify that. That's how I see it planning out anyway.
If HHH turns heel and they let Punk basically do what he's doing, that'll be incredibly boring. HHH as a heel turn is THE single most predictable thing they could do.

Punk doesn't work as someone being held down by the man. He's too whiny and not as much of an ass kicker. Austin worked because he kicked more ass, talked less. He was a bald, inarticulate, beer drinking badass. Punk is a barely-in-shape, smart ass punk. Punk is easier as a heel whiner "cult of personality" brainwasher who is hated by most but has some diehard fans.

HHH works better as a face here because he's reached Flair status where he could put 10 babies in a trash can, light it on fire, and then beat it with a sledgehammer and he'd still get a face reaction.

also, if people are so sick of cena, then they talk about him so much? why is it that even in threads not about him, he's mentioned? Why is he getting the loudest reactions? Why aren't people going to the bathroom? I'm sick of the Jersey Shore, I don't watch it and i sure as hell don't bring it up all the time unless I'm using this example. yet no one seems to answer me on this. It's because it's flat out stupid to think that people, when they're sick of something, would talk about it more. The answwer is either, they aren't sick of him, or they're too stupid to realize that if they just shut up during his matches, he won't get pushed. If they change the channel, he won't get pushed. That they love dwelling on things they hate.

If HHH turns heel and they let Punk basically do what he's doing, that'll be incredibly boring. HHH as a heel turn is THE single most predictable thing they could do.

Punk doesn't work as someone being held down by the man. He's too whiny and not as much of an ass kicker. Austin worked because he kicked more ass, talked less. He was a bald, inarticulate, beer drinking badass. Punk is a barely-in-shape, smart ass punk. Punk is easier as a heel whiner "cult of personality" brainwasher who is hated by most but has some diehard fans.

HHH works better as a face here because he's reached Flair status where he could put 10 babies in a trash can, light it on fire, and then beat it with a sledgehammer and he'd still get a face reaction.

also, if people are so sick of cena, then they talk about him so much? why is it that even in threads not about him, he's mentioned? Why is he getting the loudest reactions? Why aren't people going to the bathroom? I'm sick of the Jersey Shore, I don't watch it and i sure as hell don't bring it up all the time unless I'm using this example. yet no one seems to answer me on this. It's because it's flat out stupid to think that people, when they're sick of something, would talk about it more. The answwer is either, they aren't sick of him, or they're too stupid to realize that if they just shut up during his matches, he won't get pushed. If they change the channel, he won't get pushed. That they love dwelling on things they hate.
Lol how is Punk barely in shape? Or do you think having big muscles means your more in shape than someone without them. Punk can do a shitload more in the ring than Cena so how is he barely in shape baha idiotic statement. Like I said before if you really think they are going to turn Punk heel after all of this then you are quite stupid. He's obviously going to be the next huge star and he will go full babyface before he turns heel. You're always putting down Punk but tell me one wrestler who isn't Cena or Orton that gets chants as loud as Punks and has potential to be a huge face. I'd say Miz is the only one at the moemnt that could do it but Punk is and has been on another level for a while now. The reason people talk about Cena so much is because he's in the main event of every show ahha your saying people should not talk about the show to avoid talking about Cena. You also say fans should be quiet so Cena doesn't get pushed lmao yeah fans should pay money to a freaking wrestling show and be quiet that's real fun.

Lol how is Punk barely in shape? Or do you think having big muscles means your more in shape than someone without them. Punk can do a shitload more in the ring than Cena so how is he barely in shape baha idiotic statement. Like I said before if you really think they are going to turn Punk heel after all of this then you are quite stupid. He's obviously going to be the next huge star and he will go full babyface before he turns heel. You're always putting down Punk but tell me one wrestler who isn't Cena or Orton that gets chants as loud as Punks and has potential to be a huge face. I'd say Miz is the only one at the moemnt that could do it but Punk is and has been on another level for a while now. The reason people talk about Cena so much is because he's in the main event of every show ahha your saying people should not talk about the show to avoid talking about Cena. You also say fans should be quiet so Cena doesn't get pushed lmao yeah fans should pay money to a freaking wrestling show and be quiet that's real fun.
Punk has a gut and he's only maybe 200 pounds in real life. Why do you think HHH calls him "skinny fat ass"?

You probably don't know a fuckin thing about athletics. Watch Punk, he flails a lot, this is because he has a weak core. He stumbles when he kicks and damn near loses his balance everytime on his springboard clothesline. A lack of balance shows a lack of coordination and is, again, a weak core.

Punk can do more than Cena? You mean simple chain wrestling that YOU could be taught to do in 2 months? Or do you mean worked kicks? Or do you mean basic jiu jitsu? What does Punk do that requires any more athleticism that your average high school track athlete couldn't do? Not a damn thing.

Look at older pics of Punk, he's a scrawny teen. Then he's a chubby, flabby indy worker. He's NOT a natural athlete. However, he worked his ass off to be a decent one. He has great cardio because he keeps himself calm in the ring. Warrior would huff and puff a lot, but because Punk is more cerebral, he knows how to control his breathing, which is part of having good cardio. However, as far as coordination, explosiveness, etc, stuff that athletic people have, he lacks.

He's not muscular at all. You don't have to be a body-builder type to be "muscular" though (although that's the first thing your mind went to). Look at Evan Bourne. Super low bodyfat, muscles everywhere. He's also highly coordinated and highly explosive. That's athletic. Soft-looking, slower moving, stumbling and flailing is NOT athletic.

For a while in college, because I study this shit on my own, I trained other students. That's how I made a living while looking for a job. Someone would say "I need to start working out" I'd say "I do a lot of personal research and can help you" they'd pay me. I'm not a fitness expert, but it doesn't take a fitness expert to see a guy like Punk and know he's not a great athlete. It's part of his charm. He's smart so he doesn't need to be super athletic.

Another wrestler that gets "chants" as loud? Iunno, because normal people don't do so many stupid ass "look at us" chants as smarks. However, Air Boom got about as big of a POP, you know, an emotion driven, non-contrived reaction.

As for the "pay money to go to a show"....yea, they pay money to see a show with Cena in the main event, ANOTHER great point that shows that people either don't really hate Cena, or they are glutons for punishment and stupid.

I don't always put Punk down, I just try to reel in people who think Punk is an amazing athletic who's a miracle worker in the ring who gets "deafening" reactions. None of those are really true.

I would be willing to bet that I've followed Punk longer than anyone on here. I've followed him since "When Hero Met Punk" in IWA-MS. I bet most on here don't even know what the fuck that means.

How am I stupid for thinking Punk should turn heel? Because it'd work? Because most he doesn't get loud reactions against heels? What's your evidence it won't? OOOOOO he fuckin wrestles heels? That doesn't mean anything. That's why it's a TURN. When he TURNS and you realize he's been manipulating people this whole time to get what he wants, that's a hell of a lot better than "HHH turned heel for the millionth time, corporation part 2, CM Punk is a whiny liberal version of Stone Cold".

Punk has a gut and he's only maybe 200 pounds in real life. Why do you think HHH calls him "skinny fat ass"?

You probably don't know a fuckin thing about athletics. Watch Punk, he flails a lot, this is because he has a weak core. He stumbles when he kicks and damn near loses his balance everytime on his springboard clothesline. A lack of balance shows a lack of coordination and is, again, a weak core.

Punk can do more than Cena? You mean simple chain wrestling that YOU could be taught to do in 2 months? Or do you mean worked kicks? Or do you mean basic jiu jitsu? What does Punk do that requires any more athleticism that your average high school track athlete couldn't do? Not a damn thing.

Look at older pics of Punk, he's a scrawny teen. Then he's a chubby, flabby indy worker. He's NOT a natural athlete. However, he worked his ass off to be a decent one. He has great cardio because he keeps himself calm in the ring. Warrior would huff and puff a lot, but because Punk is more cerebral, he knows how to control his breathing, which is part of having good cardio. However, as far as coordination, explosiveness, etc, stuff that athletic people have, he lacks.

He's not muscular at all. You don't have to be a body-builder type to be "muscular" though (although that's the first thing your mind went to). Look at Evan Bourne. Super low bodyfat, muscles everywhere. He's also highly coordinated and highly explosive. That's athletic. Soft-looking, slower moving, stumbling and flailing is NOT athletic.

For a while in college, because I study this shit on my own, I trained other students. That's how I made a living while looking for a job. Someone would say "I need to start working out" I'd say "I do a lot of personal research and can help you" they'd pay me. I'm not a fitness expert, but it doesn't take a fitness expert to see a guy like Punk and know he's not a great athlete. It's part of his charm. He's smart so he doesn't need to be super athletic.

Another wrestler that gets "chants" as loud? Iunno, because normal people don't do so many stupid ass "look at us" chants as smarks. However, Air Boom got about as big of a POP, you know, an emotion driven, non-contrived reaction.

As for the "pay money to go to a show"....yea, they pay money to see a show with Cena in the main event, ANOTHER great point that shows that people either don't really hate Cena, or they are glutons for punishment and stupid.

I don't always put Punk down, I just try to reel in people who think Punk is an amazing athletic who's a miracle worker in the ring who gets "deafening" reactions. None of those are really true.

I would be willing to bet that I've followed Punk longer than anyone on here. I've followed him since "When Hero Met Punk" in IWA-MS. I bet most on here don't even know what the fuck that means.

How am I stupid for thinking Punk should turn heel? Because it'd work? Because most he doesn't get loud reactions against heels? What's your evidence it won't? OOOOOO he fuckin wrestles heels? That doesn't mean anything. That's why it's a TURN. When he TURNS and you realize he's been manipulating people this whole time to get what he wants, that's a hell of a lot better than "HHH turned heel for the millionth time, corporation part 2, CM Punk is a whiny liberal version of Stone Cold".
You really have to start reading posts properlly and replying to he material shown instead of taking a point and then adding bullshit to it to try and validate your own point. Stop putting words in people's mouths because your just replying to your own bullshit. You said Punk is barely in shape. I didn't say he was some athletic god but the guy is obviously in shape and just because he doesn't have muscles doesn't mean shit. He obviously doesn't have the physique to get huge muscles but the guy can go full throttle in the ring just as long as anyone while doing more of the work in the ring usually than his opponent. Springboard jumps from the top rope and suicide dives also show his athleticism that you don't see in a lot of other main eventers.

No not everyone pays a show to watch Cena fuck get off the guys balls. If people like wrestling and are fand of WWE they are going to goto a show regardless. Just because Cena is main eventing doesn't mean they are going just to see him and it doesn't mean they won't go just because he's in the main event either.

How can you honestly say you don't always put down Punk. Are you delusional? I hardly ever see you saying positive stuff about him you are always being negative towards him and trying to put him down saying he only gets reactions as loud as air boom and Del Rio while ignoring the huge chants he's been getting since before Mitb and then come down on him when his reaction isn't as big some weeks. I don't care how long you've known about him stop trying to validate yourself it doesn't change the fact that you are always bagging him and saying his lost steam and stuff not even giving him a chance but then you will support Cena and Orton to death no matter how repetitive they become.

I didn't say your stupid for thinking they SHOULD turn him heel. Again your make up your own shit. I said your stupid if you think they are going to turn him heel after him selling large amounts of merchandise and getting some of the loudest face chants in the company. I thought you were against making Cena heel for similar reasons. I know you're going to say how Cena is so much bigger and better than Punk blah blah blah but either way Punk is one of the top 3 faces atm by reaction and will only get bigger if they keep pushing him.

because punk isn't an overly mucle'd up rioded freak doesn't mean there's anything wrong cena has far from a gut he's just got an average size body and punk is 225 pounds not a 240 pound mucle'd up midget like cena.

and what's your problem with punk! what did he do wrong to you? he's much better then cena and punk's in ring and mic work put's cena to shame

and you call punk a whiny libral version of austin!

well cena is a pg increadibly white roided up spotlight hogger with limited skills

im a cm punk fan and i hate it when somebody say's bad stuff to him like you hate it when people say cena cant wrestle or he's booring so stop trolling you cant have it both ways

they war punk is on the mic thats whats great i never use to be a punk fan when he was strait edge or nexsus but now since the shoot he did i have been in shock and owe evrey time i see him on the mic the quick chirpy remarks i know u might disagree with this but i think sometime in the near future he will go past cena's leval and im seriouslly enjoying his in ring work at the moment 2 and i really hope we get 2 see a punk and nWo showdown !!!!!!
:blush:

I cannot believe some people that start threads here. After one like this he should not be allowed in here anymore. Punk is one of the most all-around talents this company has seen in the past 20-25 years. Everything he does is well above average. He can do more in the ring from which you can see from ROH but does he really have to? Guys have to be be protected physically so you cant put him in harms way every week can you? I dont even have to talk about his work with the stick. That speaks for itself. He has just been kinda meandering here and there from 2007-2010 with a few transitional title reigns. The most exciting punk has been (outside of now) was back when he was feuding with Jeff hardy and aired his dirty laundry on TV when he dressed up like Jeff on smackdown. So some people will bash Punk for what they have seen him do here in WWE. But from this point forward punk is gunna be a huugggeee money maker for vince even though hes a so called martyr. I dont generally like the faces in wrestling but him being a face and all now I actually cheer for the guy and thats rare. It just shows how much a great talent he is.

It's also ridiculous that people are saying that Punk is skinny-fat or not athletic at all. For people who don't know, skinny-fat is a term to describe a person who is skinny and has a more than average fatpercentage. Punk doesn't look like that. The reason HHH calls him that is because he prefers to be a bodybuilder which Punk is not. Punk probably doesn't have Triple H's approval to talk about steroid abuse.There are many wrestlers who were in far worse shape than Punk and had succes where nobody seems to complain about. Punk had one hour long matches back in his ROH days and I am pretty sure he can do that in WWE too. He has an allround moveset that not only include submissions and strikes but also alot of aerial moves. How can people say he isn't athletic? He's been in one of the best matches lately and even though he is not solely repsonsible for those matches, no one can deny the fact that he is a good wrestler. So all this shit talk about him not being athletic or skinny-fat is just another way to bash Punk.

I think CM Punk is the best in the WWE atm and here's why...

His in-ring skills are great, but he's not the best, His Mic skills are great, but he is not the best at that either. What makes him the best is that he is great at both. take for example John Cena and Daniel Bryan. John Cena's Mic skills are absolutely brilliant, but his in-ring skills are pretty average. Daniel Bryan on the other hand has exceptional in-ring skills, but 0 mic skills. CM Punk is great at both, which is very rare and that is why he is the 'Best in the World'

Troaling at its best, Cena is overrated, and do you think punk really did whine and moan and try and cry about not getting a push........no, the only person who is still doing that is Zack Ryder (no disrespect Zack, u got ur push now run with it). The only reason this whole whine and moan thing got brought up is they didn't know what else to have HHH and Punk debate about leading up to the PPV so whoever wrote for them to do that.....should be fired or sent to TNA, very bad writing, almost ruined the hype building up on this one.

Simple:
He is the best in the world...

But seriously, he's real work abilities is fantastic, he is a great technical wrestler and is good at MMA. He delivers nicely and says greatly.

Open your eyes a bit more buddy.

Actually my biggest problem going into this whole CM punk angle is that how can he claim to be "the best in the world" when before this current program, he lost all of his major feuds? He lost against rey, he lost against cena, he lost against big show.

I know that it's not his fault, it was more of a booking issue, but in retrospect, it is really hard to agree with his claims that he is the best in the world when he hadn't really won any important matches for a long time before this angle started.

Actually my biggest problem going into this whole CM punk angle is that how can he claim to be "the best in the world" when before this current program, he lost all of his major feuds? He lost against rey, he lost against cena, he lost against big show.

I know that it's not his fault, it was more of a booking issue, but in retrospect, it is really hard to agree with his claims that he is the best in the world when he hadn't really won any important matches for a long time before this angle started.

Punk is breaking the third wall, if you can't (and I am not being mean here) break it too then yeah it's hard to understand.

Punk mean he is the best in the world, not the best judged by how he is book by WWE, but at the same time when he say he is the best in the world it's also a gimmick booked in the WWE.

Punk is losing, Phil Brooks is the best in the world. Punk gimmick is that Phil Brooks is unleashed and the best in the world but Punk has been badly booked. So win and lost in a ficitionnal booked world doesn't mean you are the best wrestler or not for him.

Punk is second to none at what he does. His mic skill, his in-ring work, his all around personality make him one of the top guys around.

As far as his reputation and history go, i think people forget that he can only do so much when he's booked to lose. You can be the worst wrestler in the world but you could still be booked to win week in week out. It's down to how creative and the heads of the WWE have booked Punk in his previous feuds and major matches that have cast him into the mid-card in the past. Now they've actually heard the calls and have realised how valuable he is, they've started to give him far more credibility.

All i know is that, for me, Raw has been more exciting since Punk's initial "pipebomb" than it has for the last 2 years of WWE television.

i like cm punk simply because he and i are alot alike..we are both straight edge..we both are not afraid to speak our minds..he has been held down in the wwe and i have been held down at any job ive ever had because just like cm punk im not an ass kisser...we both have never tried to be anything other than ourselves....if i was ever to become a wwe superstar and had to pick a tag team partner cm punk would be my very 1st choice without hesitation

I've liked Punk since I first saw him slap Shannon Moore across the face on ECW; I thought he was awesome then, and awesome now. Only after he debuted on ECW however did I watch his earlier Indy career; like his time in ROH and FWA with his feuds with Raven (which was completely amazing especially his promos!

Long story short; he is an amazing in ring competitor, and quite entertaining on the mic. He gives us something fresh and new to watch. He was also my inspiration to live a clean lifestyle.

I actually seen CM Punk on MLW with his feud with Raven before he debuted in ECWWE. Though MLW was a very bad imitation of the original ECW, that feud was what drew me into that fed. It was awesome and Punk proved back then why he is so great. Not to mention everything he has done since debuting in WWE.

Punk is great in the ring and on the mic. He's the biggest potential breakout star of this generation and his stuff is totally innovative. The true mark of a great superstar is the ability to change the landscape of wrestling/entertainment. Punk has been doing that ever since his first shoot promo and has done a great job of continuing that. Anyone who doesn't see that isn't objectively viewing Punk's body of work overall.

Any fan that has been watching since 2006 knows CM Punk has earned the title of "best in the world". In 5 short years, he's almost single handedly revived interest in the WWE. Not to mention his body of work in the ring and on the mic is about damn near perfect. I myself never thought CM Punk was a big deal and never truly a fan of his until the first time he cashed in his MITB briefcase. And ever since then, he's continued to wow me with his incredible ability to produce awesome moments on TV. From his shocking MITB wins, to how he cashed them in, to his mockery of Jeff Hardy, to the hilarious head shaving antics in the SES, to his takeover of the leadership in the Nexus and now his "best in the world" persona. Few produce moments like that in an entire career, much less in a span of 5 short years.

Not to mention his evolution on the mic. He was always a decent talker, but when he started doing commentary, I laughed so hard at his lines so much it was unreal. Clearly proving he could do any of those commentators job way better and with alot more charisma. After that, currently he's reached a status on the mic that very few do. Unless you are named Austin or The Rock, then others pale by comparison to CM Punk on the mic.

To sum it up, if you don't get why CM Punk is so talented and praised, then you haven't been paying attention to his work. Definately not overrated as the biased OP tried to lead us to believe.

Any fan that has been watching since 2006 knows CM Punk has earned the title of "best in the world". In 5 short years, he's almost single handedly revived interest in the WWE.

whoa whoa whoa.....where in the world did you come up with that statistic?

Single handedly?? Oops, "almost singlehandedly"? Egads man. I can see by your screen name that you are a big punk fan but try to have a little bit of even handed reporting. First, I don't think that the WWE before punk was floundering by any means. And I will admit that our personal perspectives may differ, but I never ever have heard or read about a conversation where someone who was not interested in wrestling suddenly tuned in because they just had to check out this CM punk guy.

Now you do bring up some good points about CM punk's career, but I have to admit, while you were entertained, my personal experience was not the same.

Not to mention his body of work in the ring and on the mic is about damn near perfect. .....Not to mention his evolution on the mic. He was always a decent talker, but when he started doing commentary, I laughed so hard at his lines so much it was unreal. Clearly proving he could do any of those commentators job way better and with alot more charisma. After that, currently he's reached a status on the mic that very few do. Unless you are named Austin or The Rock, then others pale by comparison to CM Punk on the mic.

Honestly, I never found punk to really shine on the mic until recently. I will agree he was a decent talker, but never would have put him on the level of greatness that you do. And sure, he had some amusing lines on commentary, but that is somewhat irrelevant. He's not a commentator, and I honestly don't think that led to his "singlehanded" revival of interest in the WWE.

I myself never thought CM Punk was a big deal and never truly a fan of his until the first time he cashed in his MITB briefcase....From his shocking MITB wins, to how he cashed them in....

Eh, I can see your point to some extent. Him cashing in on edge was great, but that was more because of edge showing up and bragging and being a heel and a tool than it was CM punk. Anyone cashing in at that moment would have been great, it just happened to be CM punk.

, to his mockery of Jeff Hardy,

That didn't really do anything for me. I was not a big hardy fan, but punk's mockery wasn't anything special, just a typical heel thing to do. Edge was also good at mocking folks. HBK was good at mocking too. I think it could be argued that either one of them could be just as good at mocking, if not better.

to the hilarious head shaving antics in the SES

Personally, I hated the SES. I didn't find head shaving funny or unfunny, but that is a matter of personal opinion and I respect yours. But SES was an annoying stable that accomplished nothing, was boring with respect to storyline purposes and its members.

, to his takeover of the leadership in the Nexus

Which was basically SES version 2. By this time the nexus had existed past its expiration date. The new nexus was a dud, and like the SES, accomplished nothing except a lame run of tag champs and a brief moment of domination in a royal rumble. Punk gained nothing from his leadership of the nexus, which is further evident by the fact that his leadership seemed to just die out and no one has made mention of it since.

and now his "best in the world" persona.

Which was interesting when it first arrived but because of rushed storylines has already started showing signs of being put on life support. His promos have lost their steam, and he comes off now as more of a cocky patronizing whiner than actually having anything interesting to say.

Again, I didn't mean to rip the post apart, the main point of my post was just to point out that my personal opinions of the exact same events differed widely. I do think that you made some good points and I can see where you are coming from, but I have to very vehemently disagree that punk saved the WWE in the last 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back