• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What song are you currently listening to?

[YOUTUBE]LFeh_LNNZNU[/YOUTUBE]

The Seahorses are the band formed by legendary Stone Roses guitarist John Squire after The Roses disbanded in the mid-1990s, they only ever made one album and this is their biggest hit.

As a huge fan of Squire's work in The Roses, I should have got this album earlier but I only bought it this week. I already knew this song, but I had only ever heard the 3 and a half minute single version....this album version is twice and long and features a near-4 minute solo from Squire at the end.

It sounds like he was trying to recreate the epic solo from The Roses' track "I Am The Resurrection", and although he doesn't quite manage it, it's still a phenomenal bit of guitar work from one of the very best.

Oh, an interesting fact...the singer for The Seahorses was hired by Squire after he heard him busking in the street!

[YOUTUBE]k3ChrdJoBCk[/YOUTUBE]

Another of my favourite songs back in high-school- man I miss the rap metal era, there were some great bands and fantastic songs!

I remember having a copy of the "Satellite" album, after my friend bought a copy and then I got myself a proper copy once I had the money. I think it is definitely P.O.D's best work, I have 2 of their other albums and they are decnt, but do not compare to "Satellite".

Cool video too.

Not really a fan of Olly Murs to be honest but this song has been in my head all week and is incredibly catchy. Hell, I don't even mind Flo Rida's random cameo either. I must be going soft.

[youtube]QCBZNiCIGgQ[/youtube]

Pretty outstanding song for any indie, alternative fans. This song has a nice soft verse, loud chorus set up over some simple lyrics and rhyme pattern. Also some nice transitions; just a great, great song.

Also, I'd advise any of you who like this song to listen to more stuff from Rogue Wave. This band is making some phenomenal music. Many of you have probably heard Lake Michigan by them whether you know it or not - it's been featured in a few commercials and movies.

[YOUTUBE]QVY9Su4sdDc[/YOUTUBE]

Artist: Billy Joel
Album: Fantasies and Delusions
Song: Villa D'este (Opus 3)

I love this album, because if you're a hardcore Billy Joel fan you'll recognize his style, but it is wholly different than anything else he's ever done. Joel himself is not actually the performer for the recorded pieces (I think it was Richard Joo), but he composed this entire album of classical pieces for piano.

For me it's a perfect blend of two great loves: classical piano, and Billy Joel.

Tonight was a night that I didn't want to start watching a series, watch a film or even have something on the TV in the background. After a mixture of hearing blasting air conditioner units and customers saying the same things over and over, whether positive or negative, I just wanted to listen to some songs of quite a long length that had some balls.

So tonight has been a Tool night.

Starting with some more familiar songs, I texted a friend recommending she pick me a good long Tool song. Her reply was "Right in Two". An absolutely cracking pick it was too; it has the usual heaviness associated with Tool as well as some great percussive sections. The lyrics are incredibly thoughtful and capture a great sense of frustration with humanity too.

Lyrics
Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly old monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it

Right in two

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
(and this is what they choose)

Monkey, killing monkey, killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And when there's one they're bound to divide it,

Right in two.
Right in two.

Monkey, killing monkey, killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They make a club
And beat their brother... down.
How they survived so misguided is a mystery.
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability
to lift an eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here

Gotta divide it all right in two (x4)

They fight, till they die
Over earth, over sky
They fight, over life,
Over brawn, over air and light,
Over love, over sun. Over blood
They fight till they die over words, polarizing.

Angels on the sideline again
Benched along with patience and reason
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end

Gotta divide it all right in two (x3)
Right in two

Right in two...

[YOUTUBE]wJ6NEQjApBQ[/YOUTUBE]

I have been really into The Courteeners over the past week or so, ever since hearing a short teaser for their new album next year. I already have their other 2 releases and I definitely think they are one of the best bands in the UK right now.

Liam Fray reminds me of Morrissey with the style of his lyrics, telling stories and not going in for loads of repetative verses, and his style is really Northern, which being a fan of Manchester music, I really like.

I will certainly be pre-ordering their new album when I am.

"Naive, young and not too clever....will it be this way forever?"

Before any criticism ensues, I am a full-blooded German who just so happens to have been born in Houston. Argument invalid.

The title loosely translates to The Gambler and talks about fighting honorably until the end and not giving up on yourself. I like the song because of this message and because Azad has a bad-ass flow.

[YOUTUBE]yhULOAFoRQA[/YOUTUBE]

Have really been digging Hollywood Undead recently and I find them much better with Danny in the band instead of Deuce. This song is one of their better ones off the American Tragedy CD.

[YOUTUBE]OvxNQ7D5KZc[/YOUTUBE]

I have been listening to a rap compilation CD I made about a year ago, and had totally forgot what I had put on it, so it was a nice surprise when this came on.

Easily my favourite song from Eminem's last album, a really catchy tune where Shady sets it straight where he had been for the last few years and how he had recovered from the dark place he was in. He apologises to everyone he has offended and admits the drug issues that he was facing during Encore and Relapse.

I love the vocals from Eminem on this, I have never liked his accents that he used to put on, but when he is more serious he is one of the best of all time. The little bit of guitar used during this song is great too, and Kobe's chorus fits in perfectly.

Since the American Idiot era, I've slowly been going off Green Day's newer material but for the last week or so I've been hearing Oh Love at work quite a bit and I think the simplistic nature of the song just make it much more enjoyable than some of their other recent works.

[YOUTUBE]Sz8HnUmHL4o[/YOUTUBE]

I first downloaded this song about 8 years ago off Limewire or Warez or something like that, as an unreleased track. It immediately became one of my faovurite Pac songs, but my version cut off during the end of the chorus where the chorus is repeated several times.

Years later, "Pac's Life" the album was released and there it was, in the same form as when I first heard it- "Soon As I Get Home". Its great how the original song hasn't been altered or modernised, as several other songs on the album has. It still remains one of the best things ever done by Pac I think, great song!

The title literally translates to "Run, Bitch, Run!" and is pretty much about just that- Kay One and Fler are telling Bushido to run from the police after robbing a bank (or some other place- not really clear). The lyrics are stupid, but I love the beat and rhythm.

[YOUTUBE]u5Wl3XpN3F8[/YOUTUBE]

Another great track from the classic Mondays album "Pills, Thrills and Bellyaches", with their usual dancy-beat and guitar. Shaun Ryder sounds as drugged up as ever, which gives this track the special "MONDAYS" feel.

It's an underappreciated tune in my eyes, not one of their famous tracks but really good all the same, and a nice surprise to discover when I got the album.

A song that basically says, "Hey, Germany isn't a nation full of Nazi bitches, we're a proud nation, and we can rap too, so take that, America!"
In all seriousness, it just refers to the pride and power of Germany. I love the beat, love the rhythm, and I love the speeds that Fler can rap to.

Just a simple happy sounding tune here by Otto Knows. At the moment I feel like I'm going through a bit of a dance music phase, mainly due to Swedish House Mafia and similar acts being played in work a lot but this one just gives off such a good energy vibe I can't help but smile when it comes on. Weird eh?

Vergiss mich, translating to "Forget Me," is basically a generic break-up song where the guy is saying "Just leave, I'll be okay," when he knows he won't be. The lyrics are bland as fuck and is pretty much anything you'd hear on the radio today, but Bushido has a great flow in his rap verses and J-Luv's hook is very catchy.

http://youtu.be/pV-eSndnhKs

I don't know if that's going to work.
Anyway the song is Tears Don't Fall by Bullet For My Valentine. I was watching a bunch of Hollywood Undead videos and this kept coming up so I decided to check it out. I don't really listen to this type of music too much but I really liked this song. I've also been listening to Understanding In A Car Crash by Thursday a lot. Another band I don't know much about but kept coming up in related videos.

[youtube]ow4qA5rY-sY[/youtube]

An incredible song to begin with. Then the ole Canadian band, Holy Fuck, came around and spun their remix on it. Incredible stuff all around.

I've been downloading and listening to a lot of the works of British band Status Quo lately such as "Marguerita Time", "Pictures of Matchstick Men" and "In the Army now", classic Brit-Pop from the 60s/70s/80s.

Originally the 'Quo were called The Spectres, but still had the same line up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back