• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What song are you currently listening to?

[YOUTUBE]HTvu1Yr3Ohk[/YOUTUBE]

Another great tune from back in my high school days. I remember making loads of home-made complilation CDs and this was definitely on there. Brilliant song to pump you up before a sporting event, or in the gym.

I haven't heard any other songs by Trapt, I don't think they had any success over here in the UK really, so if anyone has any recommendations for some of their other material thats good I would love to know.

Did somebody ask for some recommendations?? Say no more!

I've always enjoyed Trapt. A solid Rock band that doesn't break any new ground as far as sound goes but they still have some very enjoyable tracks out there. As Per you're request Naitch, here are some other songs I enjoy

[YOUTUBE]-pY1n-Ogu6g[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]C8j8XG9QuxY[/YOUTUBE]

Harder rocking songs similar to Headstrong

[YOUTUBE]Fhp5aCBR_as[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]Ldl_RkBjJM0[/YOUTUBE]

Some slower more emotionally structured songs,also good.

Anyway, here's what I am listening to.

[YOUTUBE]OpT2Xszvj-s[/YOUTUBE]

10 Years-Backlash

Such an underrated band in my opinion. They always managed to release quality and meaningful music with each album improving on the last. Backlash,being the lead single off their new album is just as powerful as anything they've released. Some people might be turned off by the singers lyrics as most of the songs he writes can be,a tad difficult to relate to. So even if that turns out to be true then at least listen to them for the rock music. Good band,good song, give it a listen.

[YOUTUBE]wewjrBua2x0[/YOUTUBE]

Rammstein-Herzeleid

Some old school for yall tonight, been on a Rammstein binge for the last day or two and have been going back to their older stuff since it's been awhile. I always forget how good their early albums are because of how huge Mutter, Rosenrot and Reise Reise were but Sehnsucht and Herzeleid were very solid. Got songs like the title track, my personal favorite of theirs in Seeman and Engel. Awesome song from an awesome and sometimes overlooked album, I love me some Rammstein.

[YOUTUBE]I7I3PHqcy_o[/YOUTUBE]

Ahh, another song from my high-school days, back when everyone was wearing hoodies, baggy jeans and Vans and loved skating and this kind of poppy-punk. I personally was a fucking horrendous skater, so I just stuck to football lol.

Anyway, I first heard Goldfinger because of the song "Superman" on the first Tony Hawk game on PlayStation, what a song that was, still love it today! Then, once we got Sky and I could watch Kerrang! TV, I saw this video.

It's not the kind of song I listen to much anymore, it's not my style anymore but it's still good to hear every now and again, "Wake Up, Wake Up. WHOAAHH OHHHHH!"

Take On Me, By Reel Big Fish.

What a fucking awesome song. Ska has always been in my taste, and this song hits the spot.

[youtube]bJ9r8LMU9bQ[/youtube]

This is The Clash at their funniest, with Rock The Casbah, which is about a Sharif/King banning rock music or something like that. It's a groovy song that also makes me laugh, and the piano part that plays every time after "Sharif don't like it" in the chorus is just too sweet. Could get jiggy to this all day.

[YOUTUBE]kVRxdPWV3RM[/YOUTUBE]

What a fantastic, meaningful song from Young. Definitely the highlight off "After The Goldrush" for me, and Neil lays into the racist South of the US, telling the story of a white man who doesn't look after his black slaves. Also, the "crosses burning" refers to the KKK.

One of the most "rock" sounding songs I have heard from Young, and a classic that should be heard.

[YOUTUBE]APIY8x5gy7w[/YOUTUBE]

Metallica is somewhat whatever for me right now, what with how they claim to have literally hundreds of ideas for their new album, yet it'll take another two years for it to be done according to Lars. I guess that's how it is when life takes over. Frustrating? Of course, but I think it'll be worth the wait. That's just me being optimistic though.

Then they dropped this badass cover of Deep Purple's "When A Blind Man Cries" for "Re-Machined", a cover album of Deep Purple songs by various metal bands. Metallica covers have always been great in my opnion. Not too many bands seem to have the ability to make a song their own in a cover, and Metallica more often than not achieve a task such as that. Hetfield's voice is probably the best thing about the song; it's better than it's sounded for quite some time. Great song, great cover.

[YOUTUBE]CRoN4_kG6XM[/YOUTUBE]

Such a great song from a band that blends a perfect mix of melody and hard rock. Brand new Coheed makes me feel good inside. If you arent familiar with them, go do some research. The story behind their music is worth a read as well, if you want to know some back story.

[YOUTUBE]mW6VgcDdrvo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a huge Dethklok fan, and next month, they release their new album "Dethalbum III". This song is the first single released from the record and Brendon Small happened to be nice enough to release a month before the album's release. Loving it!! All Hail Dethklok!

[youtube]KrYmyFhLiKU[/youtube]

I love listening to Jagged Edge. When I've had a heard day at work, I try to unwind with some smooth RnB. Montell Jordan, Tyresse and especially Jagged Edge. It's like a calming factor I guess.

Like Fun's previous song, what I really like about this tune is the big sound that they're able to produce as well as thrust a good bit of energy into proceedings too. So far its only the 2 singles I've heard from the band but they're both enjoyable radio friendly unit shifters so hopefully they'll be around for a while yet.

Just found an acoustic version of We Are Young that's pretty impressive, worth sharing too I suppose.

[YOUTUBE]EfK-WX2pa8c[/YOUTUBE]

An all-time classic from one of the greatest punk bands of all time. The instantly recognisable tune, the standard Joe Strummer vocals and the great lyrics make this a truly great song.

I have always planned on picking up the 2 disc special edition version of the "London Calling" album but have never yet got round to it, I only own the "Essential Clash" 2 disc collection- that needs to be sorted soon.

Song: "Mercy"
By: Dave Matthews Band
Album: Away from the World (2012)

[YOUTUBE]VT_d2yjkUaY[/YOUTUBE]

This album leaked today, and I'm really jammin' on this song. It starts so chill and builds so perfectly, but doesn't over-reach either. The album version is much better and a bit longer than this music video, but you'll get the point.

I'm really digging the new Dave album. GGK was a phenomenal album, but one that I outgrew after about the 20th play-through. I'm not saying that won't happen here as well, but you can't blame the band for my own personal over-exposure. Great to have some fresh Dave Matthews in my iTunes.

"Drunken Solider" is another "classic Dave" song fans should watch out when this album legitimately drops.

[YOUTUBE]jjnmICxvoVY[/YOUTUBE]
Savage Garden-I Knew I Loved You

Me and the gals have been on a bit of a 90's kick with Pandora stations the last few days and this classic came on earlier today. Man this song and Truly,Madly,Deeply were so huge back in the day, it's funny how time and music has changed since then but to myself and most of the folks who listened to it back then will always love it.

[YOUTUBE]mF53On_P7qI[/YOUTUBE]

I do love this kind of hard rock. Seether are definitely a band I would like to see live at some point. They were in the UK fairly recently and I wasn't able to go, which sucked.

This is the opening track off the album- I forget the name of it, and is the perfect way to kick off. Great riff, catchy and with the kind of snarling, growling vocals that I have always loved.

I think this would be a pretty cool entrance theme for someone in WWE, it fits the vibe of most rock song entrances.

I posted this in another thread today but it deserves to be seen and heard by more folk so I'm doubling down on it :)
This was Explosions in the Sky's very first official music video and it accompanied the debut song from their album Take Care, Take Care, Take Care. The composition of the song being as flawless and grand as it is, is a hallmark of EITS and makes this a hell of a good song to travel to, be it by feet, bus or car.

[YOUTUBE]3cK8dZ0EZI8[/YOUTUBE]

One of the most underrated bands of all time imo, Mother Love Bone were part of the Seattle grunge scene in the late 80s and early 90s, and their singer Andrew Wood died just days before the release of their debut album due to a heroin overdose- how many grungers died from smack?!

Anyway, this is a great rock song from that album, Wood's vocals are brilliant and I like the faster style of play MLB have compared to some of the heavier grunge bands of that era, its really cool.

Members of MLB linked up with Wood's former room-mate Chris Cornell to form Temple Of The Dog, which is a tribute to the Wood, and some members of MLB ended up forming Pearl Jam with Eddie Vedder.

I really recommend anyone who likes rock or grunge to check out Mother Love Bone, you will be in for a treat!

[YOUTUBE]A1xm0Jy3xJY[/YOUTUBE]

The build of this song is gorgeous. What starts off simply with just an acoustic guitar, some light piano work and his calm, but slightly gruff voice, turns into a beautiful medley of guitars, piano, cello, 2 violins and a floor tom. And of course Glen's voice gets more and more rough the more he gets into it. Woops, song is over...

[YOUTUBE]FEChHvs0uPw[/YOUTUBE]

I don't really like "Simple Math" near as much as I did "Everything to Nothing". Apparently this song was in NHL '12, if that means anything to anybody. I do really like Manchester Orchestra though, as they're something different in the rock industry. With strange, reverb-infused vocals and guitar licks that aren't terribly boring, I find them intriguing. "Everything to Nothing" is one of my favorite albums, actually. I only picked this because it happened to be the next song on shuffle... :shrug:

One of the most underrated bands of all time imo, Mother Love Bone were part of the Seattle grunge scene in the late 80s and early 90s, and their singer Andrew Wood died just days before the release of their debut album due to a heroin overdose- how many grungers died from smack?!

If I hadn't repped you five seconds before this, you'd be getting it again here. Mother Love Bone is fantastic. In fact, I haven't added this to my portfolio over in the digital arts thread yet, but this was something I did for Adrew Wood back in 09.

AndrewWood1-1.jpg

As for what I'm currently listening to:

[YOUTUBE]bteY_fs3Y18[/YOUTUBE]

If you enjoy Radiohead, definitely give this band a listen, especially the song above. If I'm not mistaken, Grizzly Bear has toured with Radiohead and draws quite a few comparisons. They have a new album due out a week from Tuesday so this is time relevant as well; this song is off the upcoming album.

Grizzly Bear happens to be my favorite active band currently. One of the great things about them is that each member of the group has their own side project so they all bring their own unique element to the mix.

Daniel Rossen - Vocalist, guitarist
[YOUTUBE]MZAKjKC7Gho[/YOUTUBE]

Chris Taylor - bassist, backing vocals
[YOUTUBE]PEuHXM8VNjc[/YOUTUBE]

Muse, "Invincible"​

[YOUTUBE]WQ4HNg2iq24[/YOUTUBE]

This song has definitely grown in me in the past few days that I have been listening to Muse compulsively. It starts really slow,with drums that have a feeling of war drums. Anyway, the song has an amazing progression, an amazing crescendo and the solo! The solo is not very complex, but it is really, really good.

For being a mellow song, soft song or whatever you want to call it, it does have a lot of force, specially the section right before the solo.

[YOUTUBE]2B4bsqYxwo0[/YOUTUBE]

I have wanted a copy of this song for ages. A friend of mine who is a big Stranglers fan lent me the album of the same name on Saturday, so I finally have a copy of this track for my ipod.

Unfortunately, the rest of the album is pretty crap although fans of the band regard it as a classic. Personally, apart from The Clash and some of The Sex Pistols, I am not really into old punk music but for some reason I have always enjoyed this song.

Stone Sour, "Gone Sovereign/Absolute Zero"

[YOUTUBE]xsW95u5nmcc[/YOUTUBE]​

Stone Sour is coming back BIG TIME! Not only with a new record, not only with a concept album, but also with a double record. Here are the first two songs of the first recod.

All I can say is that with Audio Secrecy they were kind of mellow, not in a bad way, I really liked the album but I also missed the heavy stuff. If this is a prelude of what to expect, I can't wait for the freaking album! Two really good songs!

[YOUTUBE]N_GPxe91hWE[/YOUTUBE]

Beautiful, haunting, emotional....perfect.

One of the greatest pieces of music ever made, "Nutshell" is just phenomenal. I think Layne's voice was perfect for this style of song and everything combines to just make a special song.

I first heard the Unplugged version on the Essential AIC I had just bought as I was driving home....so I turned the car around and went back to town to buy "Jar Of Flies" to get the proper version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back