• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What song are you currently listening to?

[YOUTUBE]ocfovIhLhwI[/YOUTUBE]

The Corrs-Joy Of Life

Back to the Celtic roots here baby, one of my favorite bands of all time and some of the most amazing irish ladies to ever bless the stage...and their brother. I love many kinds of music but nothing gets my heart and soul like celtic music, it really touches me and clears my head. My all time favorite of theirs is toss the feathers but that one is a little overplayed and thought I'd mix things up and go with another fav of mine in Joy Of Life. God I love these gals so much.

Baroness "March of the sea"

[YOUTUBE]CFRLBhDxvyA[/YOUTUBE]​

No idea how my brother discovered this band. I was once hanging out it with him and he made me listen all this differents bands that he discovered, it was pretty much interesting until I listened to Baroness, specifically this song. It blew my mind, it is exactly my kind of music, the drums, the voice, the melody, the guitars, everything is right for me. Great discovery and probably my favorite song of this band.

[YOUTUBE]RqXsr-PmGao[/YOUTUBE]

Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie Paul's new band after Pantera broke up.
Sadly of the only album they'd do before Dimebag was killed. It's the first song off the album and its really sweet. Its got a good riff and the drumming is great, the vocals while the weakest part are still ok. I don't know but I love the part at 2:53 just before the solo, its so awesome

If there's one thing I hate in life, it's rap that's played on pop radio stations.

If there's one thing in life that constantly amuses me it's seeing someone that I recognize from a TV show I like in a movie, or releasing an album.

Childish Gambio is definitely not a fake rap song you would hear on a shitty radio station and Childish Gambio is Donald Glover who plays Troy off of Community.

[YOUTUBE]otPxoVQiIGo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qL1B_r9nC9k[/YOUTUBE]

And a little something for the ladies.

[YOUTUBE]dFVxGRekRSg[/YOUTUBE]

A lot of his songs are chock full of cleaver and witty lyrics that you have to listen to more than once to really catch everything that he's eluding too and I think that's the main reason why I've been on a big kick of his music. The beats are solid, and the lyrics that he throws out, especially on his quicker songs are so cleaver that I wonder what percentage of people don't even really grasp what is going on.

[YOUTUBE]Nu9RVPTpDyA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Endless Love: Mariah Carey & Luther Vandross

Man this song is intoxicating, just the sheer brilliance of Mariah and Luther together makes this song amazing but god are their vocals so perfect and beautiful. This is one of my favorite songs of all time no matter who sings it, and I love the original with Lionel Richie and Diana Ross but this one blows every other out of the water. Luther Vandross was one of the greatest vocalists this world has ever seen and I truly miss that man, he was something special as shown here, this is perfection folks.

[youtube]aHjpOzsQ9YI&list=FLIZebNACc3MPibJiXQHf6jA&index=1&feature=plpp_video[/youtube]

I have not been able to stop listening to this for last day and a half.

I can tolerate some forms of dubstep but I love instrumental music. Lindsey Put's both genres together, in my opinion, perfectly. The way she plays it fits perfectly and doesn't overshadow the dubstep parts (I honestly don't know what else to call it) or vice versa.

And the video is just completely epic. The scenery is beautiful and her dancing just adds more to it all the "mystique" in the song and video.

[YOUTUBE]5ChbxMVgGV4[/YOUTUBE]

Pearl Jam: Black

How do you beat Pearl Jam Unplugged playing one of their best songs even in Black? The answer is you cannot beat this shit, Eddie Vedder's legendary vocals and the amazing song Black is both musically and lyrically. As an aspiring singer I look up to Eddie alot and try to use his style mixed in with my own on occasion because I admire it so much. Pearl Jam for live, great song and very good version considering it's live but they have always been a band that was as good live as they are on an album.

[YOUTUBE]mYlUe-SDqA0[/YOUTUBE]

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due is probably my favorite Megadeth song. Sure, Dave Mustaine may have a big mouth, but team him up with Dave Ellefson, Chris Poland, and Gar Samuelson, and he makes a beautiful heavy metal record in "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" Megadeth's second album really showed that they weren't just out to beat Metallica, but were ready to become one of America's, and the world's, most well-known metal bands. Peace Sells is an awesome record, and this one, along with the title track, are my favorites.

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due is probably my favorite Megadeth song. Sure, Dave Mustaine may have a big mouth, but team him up with Dave Ellefson, Chris Poland, and Gar Samuelson, and he makes a beautiful heavy metal record in "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" Megadeth's second album really showed that they weren't just out to beat Metallica, but were ready to become one of America's, and the world's, most well-known metal bands. Peace Sells is an awesome record, and this one, along with the title track, are my favorites.

Marty Friedman and Nick Menza are the guys who are on Holy Wars, which was off Rust In Peace by the way.

Anyways

[YOUTUBE]OoQrwKJtv_c[/YOUTUBE]

With Jesse Leach back in Killswitch Engage I thought I'd try listening to the stuff he did with them before he left (again)

I just can't dig it. I want to like it because his vocals kill it for me.

BUT

I then listened to this

[YOUTUBE]VW6GtKeRo00[/YOUTUBE]

Times Of Grace is basically Jesse Leach and the guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz. I dig this a lot more than the Killswitch song. If Jesse Leach can get something like this down for the new Killswitch album I'm down for it.

Oh dear... Did I just get "Rust in Peace" and "Peace Sells" mixed up??? :icon_sad:

[YOUTUBE]T5nlZUTI4oM[/YOUTUBE]

I've stated before that Joe Bonamassa is one of my favorites guys to ever pick up a guitar. This song reminded me why. The emotion that this guy puts into his blues is awesome. I'm going to see him in a few months; I expect nothing less than a fantastic display of guitar playing

The last 2 weddings I've filmed recently have both featured bands covering this song, though the band last night really tried to fuck it up as much as possible, whereas the studenty new-age folk band fucking nailed it. Irish lasses are definitely worth writing songs about :)

I've never been that much of a country/folk fan but there's something appealing about certain aspects of it at the moment rather than the hullabaloo of noise being perpetuated by many mainstream pop acts.

The last 2 weddings I've filmed recently have both featured bands covering this song, though the band last night really tried to fuck it up as much as possible, whereas the studenty new-age folk band fucking nailed it. Irish lasses are definitely worth writing songs about :)

I've never been that much of a country/folk fan but there's something appealing about certain aspects of it at the moment rather than the hullabaloo of noise being perpetuated by many mainstream pop acts.

I love that song and I love Steve Earle, awesome stuff!

[YOUTUBE]Pv0hlbWpa1w[/YOUTUBE]

Fairytale Of New York-The Pougues

God I love my Pougues, my fiance made me watch PS I Love You with her and I thought to myself man I havent heard this song in ages but I love it. Great music and ofcourse the lyrics make the song, classic. I first heard them on a tape in my dad's car in France, now I've got all their stuff and listen to them on a regular basis, funny how those memories stick with you.

This is from a live performance that I saw Joss Stone give a few weeks ago. I'm really out of the loop as far as contemporary music goes and I had never heard of her before, but she has talent. This young lady has a great voice that sounds really soulful. I think I'm gonna download "The Soul Sessions: Vol. 2" soon. I hope you all enjoy it.

[youtube]vZ5CfbumG88[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]_-3JYuv9w4U[/YOUTUBE]

I had totally forgotten about this song until my brother found it on my ipod when we were driving back from the football last night, and then I remembered how fun, funky and catchy it was.

Yet another reason why "Thriller" is such a damn good album. My bro's dancing in the car was absolutely hilarious and I know that is what I will remember next time I hear this song.

I wouldn't put it on the same level as other Jacko classics like "Beat It", "Billie Jean" or "Man In The Mirror" but its a very good song, and great fun to listen to.

Due to an incident with a box, a candle and a drunken sister, my Bleed American album had to be put down. All through my school years however, it was one of my favourite albums as it had a decent range of songs; from the downbeat and sombre Hear You Me, to the dynamic and energetic Salt, Sweat, Sugar, to tracks like Sweetness and The Middle which had a fun and upbeat vibe to them.

I guess the one thing about the song that I like is its message. Yes it can be construed as corny or cheesy, but its still a positive message about not being overly concerned with fitting in if it means compromising who you are. Quite a good analogy for the band itself in some ways.

Due to an incident with a box, a candle and a drunken sister, my Bleed American album had to be put down. All through my school years however, it was one of my favourite albums as it had a decent range of songs; from the downbeat and sombre Hear You Me, to the dynamic and energetic Salt, Sweat, Sugar, to tracks like Sweetness and The Middle which had a fun and upbeat vibe to them.

I guess the one thing about the song that I like is its message. Yes it can be construed as corny or cheesy, but its still a positive message about not being overly concerned with fitting in if it means compromising who you are. Quite a good analogy for the band itself in some ways.

Ahh that was a good album, Jimmy Eat World was the 3rd gig I ever went to. I remember crowd surfing to both "The Middle" and "Authority Song", and my shoe came off during "Sweetness"!

Anywayzzzzz.... another song I listened to today was:

[YOUTUBE]wbyUST2gOn8[/YOUTUBE]

Such a fucking bad-ass song, and the one that made Godsmack into one of my favourite bands. I had a few of their songs on my iPod and then just went on a d/l spree of many of their other songs, and this was the best of the lot. I achieved a dream a few weeks ago when I got to hear this played live in London- I didn't think Godsmack would ever come back to the UK :)

One of the best solos I have ever heard, such a fantastic chorus and Sully Erna's vocals as brilliant as always. A fantastic track from a brilliant band.

Just got finished watching Moneyball (very good film) and there's a recurring piece of music in it. I was struggling to think what it was despite it sounding very familiar, and I believed it to be a song by the excellent Explosions in the Sky. After a quick Google search it seemed I was not the only one to have been deceived by the song and it turned out to be a song I haven't listened to in quite some time by a band called This Will Destroy You which sums up some of their heavier work.

Also worth checking out; Threads, There Are Some Remedies Worse Than The Disease.

[YOUTUBE]hoskDZRLOCs[/YOUTUBE]
Elton John-Tiny Dancer

Been listening to the Beatles Pandora station all day while setting up for a BBQ bash and this classic came up, so naturally I had to post it. Been listening to Sir Elton since I was a little tike, I like just about every single one of his songs but i'm really feeling this one right now. I just hope that one day I can be an artist with half the talent and success that he's had, if I can do one song as good as his then I'll be happy at the end of the day.

[YOUTUBE]bmXumtgwtak[/YOUTUBE]

A modern rap classic, "Lose Yourself" is the song Eminem should be, and probably will be remembered for. I much prefer Em's more serious work like this compared to the silly accents and offensive lyrics of some of his earlier material. This was such a more mature piece of music than the stuff he had been doing beforehand, and went so well with the 8 Mile film, which is actually a pretty good movie.

This would be in my top 5 Eminem songs for sure. It's a great song for motivation in the gym, I think I will play it again later while I am training.

Just finished listening to Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day". True west coast classic, made during the height of his popularity in music. Perfect for the summertime along with "You Know How We Do It". Sometimes I really miss junior high.

[YOUTUBE]BGednQsQ-h8[/YOUTUBE]

Still kind of on a Limp Bizkit kick. I personally think this is one of their best songs. Its actually somewhat serious and not douche music. It shows Fred Durst can actually write good lyrics. (and shows how great musicians the other guys are)

[YOUTUBE]HTvu1Yr3Ohk[/YOUTUBE]

Another great tune from back in my high school days. I remember making loads of home-made complilation CDs and this was definitely on there. Brilliant song to pump you up before a sporting event, or in the gym.

I haven't heard any other songs by Trapt, I don't think they had any success over here in the UK really, so if anyone has any recommendations for some of their other material thats good I would love to know.

Another hip hop cut from junior high.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBCq-Z08OEs

Run-DMC's comeback single "Down With the King". This gave them a little bit of a harder edge than what we're used to. But this was the jam back in '93/94. Not exactly a classic like "It's Tricky" or "Rock Box", but deserves some acclaim in its own right. Plus the guest appearance from Pete Rock and CL Smooth made the single all the more better.

[youtube]a84L1hVVEls[/youtube]

I've heard bits & bobs of this in commercials before but was never really interested enough to go on Youtube and listen to the whole song until today when I watched an episode of An Idiot Abroad, where Karl Pilkington goes to Mexico to see Chicen Itza, and there's this funny scene where he's in an area where they use to cut off people's heads and he starts to listening to the song. Won't explain all the details of the scene but here it is...

[youtube]qghzQPZpgw8[/youtube]

LOL, that scene always has me in pieces especially when he says that if they televised a sacrificing and played Just Can't Get Enough in the background, they should cut another head off :lmao:. Karl Pilkington is awesome, he's one of my favourites on TV and I'm glad he brought me to this song, it's pretty chill & laid back and I just can't enough of the song (pun intended).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back