What song are you currently listening to?

[YOUTUBE]ohNxei2yLXQ[/YOUTUBE]

Awww yeeeeah, a seriously smooth tune from FLC, Huey really does have one of the most chilled, relaxed style of vocals in music.

Borrowing the album off a friend at the moment, and it is pretty good. Great to cruise along to, and I could imagine just sunbathing and sipping a cold beer with this tune on, which is what I am probably gonna do this summer!

99 Problems by Jay-Z recently got into this song its pretty good and the chorus just fits perfectly with my life right now so i tend to listin to alot right now haha

I Was Once Maybe A Cowboy King by Asking Alexandria

1 of my favorite bands right now just love there music plus the bands pretty badass....although as im typing this my playlist just switched to...

Undead by Hollywood Undead

another pretty good song and this was when Hollywood Undead was the shit before Duece left the band.

[YOUTUBE]xTsvwBkVdKw[/YOUTUBE]

I have just been down to the pub for a few pints to try and numb the pain of my beloved Bolton Wanderers being relegated today, a horrible feeling :(

This was one of the songs I put on the jukebox to try and cheer myself up, and although it didnt make me feel better, it still brightened my mood a bit. A really good song.

Old Time Rock N Roll by Bob Seiger.

such a classic song in fact its the first song i ever learned all the words to just love it no real specific reason for listning to it just happened to pop up on my playlist but damnit its easily 1 of my top 10 favorite songs ever.

[YOUTUBE]BE9CXWV1alg[/YOUTUBE]

One of the first songs I ever really loved, and the song that really got me into Limp Bizkit and rock music in general. I bought it on single, and played it so much that the disc wouldn't work any more from all the scratches on it!

I thought Limp were the coolest band in the world at that point. Yeah I had a hoodie, yeah I had the red NY hat and the baggy jeans...man, I was cool..... :/

Anyway, most of their material has really dated and I don't listen to it much anymore, but I still like "My Generation". It still gets a regular play on my Ipod, I had it on in the car today while driving. It was a nice surprise when it came up on shuffle.

The thread about female vocalists has re-ignited my passion for Joni Mitchell's album Blue. It's become one of those rare albums where I can put it on shuffle, do housework and never have to skip a track to get past a weak song.
I chose All I Want for the other thread, so I'm going to share another excellent song that has some great lyrics; A Case of You.
"Oh you're in my blood like holy wine
You taste so bitter and so sweet

Oh I could drink a case of you darling
Still I'd be on my feet
oh I would still be on my feet"

The imagery from these words have always stuck with me and perfectly capture that feeling of being hopelessly (in the truest sense) infatuated with someone. The cover version by Prince is also worth a listen.

[YOUTUBE]aWyeVfuolT4[/YOUTUBE]

Now that is a fooking classic! One of the best songs ever written in my honest opinion. Such a great piece of music, and so relaxing.

I remember hearing this song on the radio when I was about 11 and loved it immediately, and I have never met anyone who didn't like it. 2Pac sampled it in his song "Until The End Of Time" and I really like that version, but the original is far, far better.

[YOUTUBE]gPEu2fhNONM[/YOUTUBE]

Steven Adler's (the drummer from Guns N Roses) new band. It's very similar to Guns N Roses (which is to be expected) It's really good and I'm looking forward to the album. I think the song's a jab at Axl Rose and the history of Guns. Glad to see Steven Adler doing well for himself though.

I've been following this contest that Jokerr has going on his Facebook and one dude has really caught my attention. So much so that he's the only guy from the contest that I've had any interest in looking up afterward. Here's his entry:

The other day he dropped his little freeverse thing and my friends it is the dopeness. I love this multiple syllable/wordplay style of rap music and this dude is fucking excellent at it.

[YOUTUBE]4CDybdzdoKw[/YOUTUBE]

Ronnie Milsap- Daydreams About Night Things
God what a great song, only in Country can you take a subject like this and with such lyrical mastery turn it into a song that you can listen to with your parents without feeling akward. That is the brilliance of the genre and of the song writing of Milsap, such a classic song that's always fun to listen to.

[YOUTUBE]vH0tQqp9qRg[/YOUTUBE]

Genuinely listening to it right now. May sound familiar to some. If you don't cop it, it's the song which plays during the second WWE "Revolution Is Coming!" vignette. I have the album, had rarely listened to it, but for the past few days its been a regular on my playlist on my way to work.

[YOUTUBE]2l27xBVKs20[/YOUTUBE]

Fuck yeah, saw these boys last night and they opened the set with this belter of a tune, the lead single off their 3rd album that came out this week- "Streets In The Sky".

This is definitely a song to get a crowd going, as it did last night. It looks set to become a staple in The Enemy's set list for a long while to come.

Oh, and for anyone who likes this song, the new album is on special offer on amazon.co.uk for this week only at £3.99 on MP3, which is stupidly low for a brand new album- get it cheap while you can guys!

[YOUTUBE]z7hhDINyBP0[/YOUTUBE]

I was never a massive fan of Blink 182, I own two of their albums- "Enema of the State" and "Take off your Pants and Jacket", but probably only enojy about 50% of each album. Some of my friends in high school really loved them, but even then they seemed really childish and not to my taste.

Still, this is a fun song. Great video too. Along with "What's my age again?" this is probably my favourite Blink song.

[YOUTUBE]SSbBvKaM6sk&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

I haven't listened to Blur in AGES!!

I was sitting around practicing my guitar when I remembered my friend had told me Song 2 was incredibly easy to learn to play, low and behold it was and I learnt it in record time. I then had a craving to listen to it and I was listening to it for god knows how long.

Time to go listen to some more Blur

Heard this song last night and it's been stuck in my head ever since. I caught the video about a minute in so I didn't realise it was Taylor Swift as she is singing in a more breathy version than normal. It's got a really nice mellow feel to it and I just dig it.

[YOUTUBE]11bK1jqIbuA[/YOUTUBE]

I had only ever heard the TrustCompany song "Downfall", which was a regular on Kerrang! Tv back in the early 2000s, good tune.

My brother recently picked up their album for dirt cheap on Amazon, and I haven't been able to get this song out of my head since then. I cant really describe the singers vocals, they are totally unique, very "breathy" if that is even a word...but they work well with the style of music

It is a shame that bands like this never really made it to the next level, the early part of this millenium had so many great bands who just kinda faded away.

"Best I Can" by Art of Dying

Seriously, listen to these guys. They are amazing! Vices and Virtues is one of the best albums I've listened to in a long time.

[YOUTUBE]7_g5zw5vRtU[/YOUTUBE]

Pennywise - Revolution.

Ever since I heard it at the end of the WWE '13 Trailer, I've been pretty obsessed with this one. Very catchy, enjoyable song.

[YOUTUBE]eFwkv14u3b4[/YOUTUBE]

Along with "Million Miles Away", this is my favourite Offspring song. Really catchy, and with lyrics that actually mean something

Like the latest fashion
Like the spread of disease
The kids are strapping on their way to the classroom
Getting weapons with the greatest of east.

True words from Dexter right there! Raven used this song in ECW as his theme music too. I never understood why, as his character had alot more of a grunge style, I always thought Dreamer's "Man In The Box" theme would have suited Raven more, but it still make me like this song even more.

Quote the Raven....Nevermore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back