• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What song are you currently listening to?

It's not usually my preferred style of music to listen to, but I'm loving Swedish House Mafia's track Greyhound at the moment. The video sucked me in and kept me listening to what is a banging tune. The only disappointment I have is that it's not longer and in essence the video is a long advert for Absolut Vodka. Still a good song though.

I've not really been a big fan of metalcore becuase I hate the vocals however this band isn't to bad

[YOUTUBE]un82tyFzG7I&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah there's still the screamo vocals but the ratio is a lot smaller than most of the other metalcore bands I've heard and the music is pretty good.

[YOUTUBE]boEypavY46w[/YOUTUBE]

Sonic Syndicate - Jack Of Diamonds

I simply love this song, one of the later Sonic Syndicate tracks from Richard and Roland, actually the last album they were both featured on. I find it catchy, while still getting a good pump out of me in pretty much any given situation.

Oh yeah, and you can't really deny the chicks, dayum some of them, I said dayum.

Hell Is For Heroes - I Can Climb Mountains

What fond memories I have of this song. I got into HIFH when I was going through a few changes in my teen years and this song was one that just made me think, "fuck it, go for it", and indeed I did. Their debut album (The Neon Handshake) is still an album I can go back to, play every track and be entirely satisfied. One abiding memory I have that I attribute to that album is listening to it from when I woke up and got ready for an exam, to the exam hall, and in the short break between the first part of the exam and the second. The songs just filled me with a do-or-die attitude and the title of this song remained in my head the entire time. What do you know, I got an A from the exam when I'd previously been nailing C's all year.

Mogwai - Auto-Rock

I just finished watching Miami Vice and while it's not a contender for Michael Mann's best film, I still find it very enjoyable. The way it's filmed along with the overall feel of the film is just something that I dig.

The use of Auto-Rock at the end is among my favourite closing songs for a film. The juxtaposition of the soft piano against the booming drum and guitar static makes for a great culmination of noise. The intensity it grows with too can still send chills up my spine as the music sounds like it's determined to break my speakers.

[YOUTUBE]UyLSvbWjTGM[/YOUTUBE]

I have just finished reading Vince Neil's autobiography...what a fucking crazy life that man has had!

So after that I have been on a Crue kick lately, and dug out my copy of their most recent album "Saints Of Los Angeles", which I only recently found out is supposed to be an album about their lives, with each song focusing on a different period or event. I don't really think it achieves that, but there are some decent songs on it that do seem autobiographical in a way.

This is one of them. Just a standard Motley kinda song, nothing too intelligent or ground-breaking, but it shows they can still rock well into their 40's.

G'wan Vince lad, sing that shiiiiit!

It's a sunny day in Ireland. Im outside my house with a great view and a beer in my hand and this song came on, just fucking perfect for the occasion. This is my favorite vocal work by George Harrison. I rank this better then any of his solo work or Beatles stuff, and the rest of the Willburys are spot on as always. The avengers of classic rock. Great song and a great way to kill 3 minutes of your time.

[YOUTUBE]L8s9dmuAKvU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qAyCjx8SfxE[/YOUTUBE]​

So the boys are back with their new album Curve. While it's an outstanding album in its own right, one of the stand out tracks is this one. Fire in the Henhouse. It is such a catchy song and even fun to sing along with. Super addicting song that I think everybody should listen to. If you don't like it then hey,no problem! Glad to say you at least gave it a chance. Seriously,listen.to.this.song.

[YOUTUBE]3aKO38bPf7g[/YOUTUBE]

My favourite Richard Ashcroft song, and one that I will never skip whenever it comes on my iTunes.

A magnificent song, about the city Richard considers to be the greatest on earth. It is one of my ambitions to visit New York and everytime I hear this song, it makes me want to go out and buy a plane ticket right away!

Great vocals, great guitars and what made this special was hearing it for the first time at an Ashcroft gig, where he held the mic against his chest and you could hear the beating of his heart as the song began. Amazing.

[YOUTUBE]A7ry4cx6HfY[/YOUTUBE]

A truly heartbreaking, beautiful song dedicated to the memory of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, Avenged Sevenfold's drummer who tragically passed away.

The emotion of this song shines through, it is like a goodbye to a fallen brother and in my eyes is far and away the best thing A7X have ever produced. The music itself is phenomenal, the lyrics mean so much to the band, you can just and the way the song builds up at the end and then unleashes a spine tingling solo while M Shadow's singing is so powerful and emotional.

It is just an incredible, incredible song.

RIP Rev

[YOUTUBE]hBDLQZgntYE[/YOUTUBE]

Wanted to post this earlier.

Man what a song. So many ranges and emotions. Gives you all kinds a chills. Santana never struck out for me till I heard this. There is no speed, but a feel of something palpable.

[YOUTUBE]hOUtdYKLYBg[/YOUTUBE]

Why the hell doesn't Jericho use this theme? I think he only ever used it once or twice to promote the song appearing on a WWE CD release.

I love his current theme, but I would much prefer him to have returned using this one, or just have used it for a spell in one of his previous runs with WWE.

Great opening riff, the lyrics obviously fit Jericho and Josey Scott's vocals are perfect for the song. All in all a great entrance theme, and can be listened to as a regular song, not just a wrestling theme.

Actually, Jericho's band Fozzy should do a cover of this, I think that would be great!

Explosions in the Sky - First Breath After Coma

This is currently being used for an Adidas advert campaign in the UK but is a song I've loved for a long long time. The start of the song, with the guitar mimicking a heart monitor and the steady drum beat resembling the heart-beat are inspired touches. In the majority of EITS songs I get a sense of being on a journey despite the lack of words and instead just through the power and skill of the crafting of the music.

[YOUTUBE]Y-IUB62zDlA[/YOUTUBE]

I was round at a friend's flat this weekend, and he lent me a few CD's, including The Very Best of Van Halen, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Scorpions, Francis Dunnery and the Black Sabbath album "Born Again" with former Deep Purple singer Ian Gillan on vocals.

The first CD I listened to is the Van Halen one, and although I already knew this song well, it is the one I have been playing most. Absolutely awesome riff, brilliant vocals and I can only imagine how great it would have been to hear it when it was brand new, I bet it sounded even better at the time. No wonder Van Halen got as big as they did!

[YOUTUBE]vD9D6CoYh1I[/YOUTUBE]​

Well now my phone is on Woman by Wolfmother, but hey ^this song was there too. Great song from a great movie. Man's vocals and husky tone sets the song alight. Has the old school 70s classic rock feel to it all in all.

Killer.

[YOUTUBE]n4RjJKxsamQ[/YOUTUBE]

Until recently I had no idea that it was Scorpions who sang this!

I knew the song very well, but did not know the name of artist of it, so when I came across it on a Rock compilation album, I just thought "oh, another Scorpions song, let's check it out!", and then found out it was a song I already knew and liked, I love when that happens.

One of the greatest rock power ballads of all time, a simply brilliant song. I know Scorpions are considered "cheesy", but if this song was released by by someone like Elton John or Paul McCartney or someone regarded as a legend it would be classed as one of the all-time classics.

An epic tune, and well worthy of the 36,000,000+ views on YouTube that it currently has

I'm an old-school fiend. Right now I'm listening to...

GET%2052708%20-%20FAZE-O%20-%20Riding%20High.jpg

Some classic funk from the late 70's. Cool out music at its finest. Also not bad to listen to while you're still on the clock like myself.

[YOUTUBE]2vjqFH1psYQ[/YOUTUBE]

Awww yeaaaaaaah!

I am started to get pumped up for the Godsmack gig in London next month. I need to sort out train tickets and a hotel to stay overnight this week....

Easily the best thing the 'Smack have ever done, and one of my all time favourite songs. Sully's voice is so powerful, but tuneful and the solo halfway through still blows my mind about 10 years after hearing the song! I have shown this to several friends who usually only like hip-hop but they love this. My Mum also really likes it, although she prefers the acoustic version.

I am praying that "Realign" is in the set list for this show, I will be gutted after waiting so long to see Godsmack live if it isn't.

Right now I've been stuck on two songs. There is an actual music video for this first song, but I don't remember if there is anything bad in it, and I can't actually watch videos at work, just go to their page. Stupid blue code. So if you want to check it out, just go to youtube.

[YOUTUBE]jdwtXRDNAs0[/YOUTUBE]

Around the time of Mania I was introduced to the song America by Deuce, formerly of Hollywood Undead, by my friend Mike. Sounded good but didn't really think anything of it at the time other than that. Then a few weeks ago we were driving and it came back on, and I pretty much was listening to it like crazy the rest of the day. It is quite an explicit song, as is Deuce's album Nine Lives that was released a few weeks ago.

This second song was released back in 2010 when Hollywood Undead and Deuce went their separate ways. It's a diss track aimed at the band.

[YOUTUBE]0jvmnarNOAM[/YOUTUBE]

At first I was like, this is way too repetitive for me. The chorus plays at least eight times. But after a few more listens it grew on me quickly. My friend Mike sent it my way again, and with one of our friends stabbing him in the back, it kind of resonates with us.

[YOUTUBE]j0lSpNtjPM8[/YOUTUBE]

Ahhh, one of the songs that got me into Nu-Metal!

I was at a gig in a bar this weekend, my friend's metal band were playing- they were good, and inbetween acts for some reason the bar decided to play non-stop Nu-metal classics- basically my high-school soundtrack!

Limp Bizkit, Korn, Disturbed, Papa Roach, Drowning Pool etc all came on, and surprisingly the whole crowd was loving it, I was expecting to be one of the few, but it must have brought back memories for alot of people there. Still a good song I think, I have never tired of it

Offspring - Million Miles Away

I was never a huge Offspring fan, but this was a song of theirs I really enjoyed. Heard it again for the first time in a while the other week and have been listening to it more and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back