What song are you currently listening to?

I like because it really has an upbeat tone to it. A feeling of "I can make it big" so to speak. Always something fun to listen to.

I missed this thread for a couple of days.

#9 Someone Like You: Adele

[YOUTUBE]hLQl3WQQoQ0[/YOUTUBE]

Personally, I didn't think Adele was deserving of album of the year with 21, nor did I believe Rolling In The Deep was the song of the year. I found the album to be slightly overrated, but that doesn't mean she's not immensely talented. This came in as my ninth favorite album of 2011, and this was easily my favorite song on it. If any song shows off her range and ability, it's this song, and her voice blends nicely with the piano here better then it does with any other song of hers. I like how she shows a different range here then the bitterness and heartbreak of several of her songs, even being able to "wish nothing but the best" for her former significant other. The best song off my #9 album of the year.

[YOUTUBE]xWd9mqC80BU[/YOUTUBE]

One of the iconic Manchester songs from one of the iconic Manchester bands. I HAVE to see James live on their next UK tour.

There are very few bands out there who have consistently released such classic singles as James for about 20 years, and this is one of the best. They almost always start their hometown gigs with this track, and my friend who went to see them last time said grown men were in tears when the band came out and started playing this song.

Tim Booth is a phenomenal frontman too, and I regret not catching them last time they played.

#8 Tear The World Down: We Are The Fallen

As I stated in the "top ten" thread, this band rose from the ashes of Amy Lee firing all of the previous members of Evanescencse and starting over. So what did they do? Went out and found an lead singer who sounds eerily like Amy Lee, and We Are The Fallen were born.

[YOUTUBE]9hqEWvjXcLA[/YOUTUBE]

The title track off of the band's debut album is like many of the songs off of Evanescense's debut album. The idea of giving one's love or self to someone, the security of it for some time, and trying to re-build after it's all been torn down. It's a tired theme- The oldest in music, perhaps. But it works for them and their sound, and as a fan of early Evanescence stuff, I really like this song. It has an eery, opera-rock sound to it that really seems in-tune with the heartbreak they're trying to convey.

The Cooper Temple Clause - Promises Promises

This song takes me back to my school days when bands like TCTC, Hell is for Heroes, Hundred Reasons and Lost Prophets were touring the small indie clubs and making a name for themselves. Still love the fact it sounds as fresh and energetic as it did back in the day.

[YOUTUBE]C8j8XG9QuxY[/YOUTUBE]

Trapt-Bring It

I use to listen to these guys endlessly in my early high school days. Over time however I guess they somewhat gradually faded out of my list of favorable bands. I'm not sure why but I just slowly stopped listening to them for other bands. I heard this song a few days ago and it has rekindled a once extinct flame that use to burn bright when ever I listened to these guys. This song seemed to have brought back that energy that bands oldest work had,not that the new stuff is bad.

Anyways, the lyrics aren't a Shakespeare masterpiece as they are very simplistic and straight to the point. This is on of those songs that don't need superior thought out mind bending lyrics. They go perfectly with the liveliness and energy behind the song. A good get up and run in circles acting like a crazed madman flailing your fists song. Excellent.

[YOUTUBE]s2rc1m8Pt1M[/YOUTUBE]
Starts so epic, then it just turns into this beat where it feels like you can just dance the whole damn night away.

[YOUTUBE]F7MwXniOD44[/YOUTUBE]

Another early 90's Indie classic, this time from Liverpool.

You willinstantly recognise Pachabels Cannon on this track, a piece of classical music that has been used in a variety of songs/adverts over the years, and I think it works so well on "All Together Now", making the song a really soothing and uplifting piece of music.

The idea of togetherness that the song is about resulted in it being re-released in 2004 as "alltogethernow2004" for England's 2004 European Championships campaign, with match commentary and crowd chanting being interlinked with the original song.

Doesn't match up to the original though, a great tune.

[YOUTUBE]P4kOLAN2O0A[/YOUTUBE]

Classified - Unusual.

I was introduced to Classified last year with the song "That Ain't Classy" and I instantly fell in love with that and Classified's music. This is his latest single, and what's REALLY frustrating me is that it's no available to download on iTunes yet so whenever I wanna get my fix I have to watch it on Youtube. Quite tricky when I'm on the move. The chorus is fantastic and Classified's verse is vintage Classified. I absolutely love me some Canadian hip-hop, this along with Swollen Members and I'm a happy lad.

True story, I kept changing channels whenever this song came on tv as the video just put me off with its arty sensibilities. Last weekend on my way to filming a wedding, the song came on the radio and the guy I was filming with asked if I'd heard it and that it was number 1 at the time. Hearing it on the radio, I really dug it and today I finally gave the video a decent amount of time and realised this had been the song all along. What a prat.

[YOUTUBE]MJ9gFAKYRYE[/YOUTUBE]

Yup. Electropop. WTF.

After playing the SSX demo, I instantly fell in love with this song. It has sense of freedom and liberty that I just love. If I were to make a montage about my life, and my friends, it'd probably be to this song. God, I'm going to open a jar with a teatowel and punch the door to make myself fell manly again.

I have Last.fm on currently... I have "The Clap" by Infant Sorrow on... Song makes me laugh every time I hear it. Freakin Get Him To The Greek was great and Russel Brand made that movie...

In this Moment - Blood
(New song from their new album.. i got an advanced copy of this song from the band. yeah im nice)

Pantera-I'm Broken

[YOUTUBE]2-V8kYT1pvE&ob=av2n[/YOUTUBE]

I've been rather skeptical of listening to Pantera's later albums mainly because Phil Anselmo's vocals seem to sound very 'eh' compared to Cowboys From Hell (which I really liked) but then I heard this song on a night out and realised he doesn't sound to bad (like a punk vocalist which isn't to bad) that and Dimebag Darrel's riffs are still as awesome as ever.

Avalanche City - Ends in the Ocean

A friend of mine sent me a link about a year or so ago now to a bands website where they were allowing 1000 copies of the album to be downloaded for free to get some word of mouth going for them. Honestly, it's been one of my favourite albums of the past few years. There's a good mix of poppy songs, folk elements, slower songs to make it a well balanced album.
Last weekend I heard another song of theirs on my local radio station and was really pleased that this band I'd been listening to for a while were getting more exposure. There can sometimes be a selfish feeling when a little known band you've liked for a while suddenly gets more attention from other people (I think Kirk Hammet from Metallica once said something along the lines about a 'back-pocket band that becomes too big for just your back-pocket') but I'm pleased for these guys.

[YOUTUBE]MwPb7g_BlXQ[/YOUTUBE]

When I was in the gym last night, there was a spinning class being held on the opposite side of the room, and this song was being played to keep the class motivated.

It definitely does the job, a typical "Rocky" song that gets you pumped up and makes you work that little bit extra. A great choice for any gym soundtrack!

I thought I knew the song, and then checked and it turns out I had already downloaded it at some point in the past, so I made sure I played it again this morning haha!

P.S.- Another Robert Tepper song you should give a listen to is "Angel Of The City" from the "Cobra" (another Stallone film) soundtrack.

[YOUTUBE]8ldxTv6N5rw[/YOUTUBE]

I heard this while watching my brother play FIFA 2012. It immediately caught my attention at how strange it sounded at first, then how good it got by the end. Anyway I was so bored that I decided to search it up and since the mobile devices only have the "Live performance" videos when it comes to Youtube it wasn't till a couple days later I got to hear it.

Like I said this is sort of a hippy/pop like song. It just makes you feel somewhat happy after you hear it for about 3 consecutive times. In fact this maybe the most strangely amusing song i have heard since the original Portal ending theme.

Earlier in JGlass' thread the promo video from The Rock vs. Steve Austin came up, and from that I went back a decade or so and began listening to some old Limp Bizkit tracks, came across "Behind Blue Eyes" which was the first song I ever sang with an ex-girlfriend of mine coincidently, and so I've been replaying it all evening, looking through covers and so on. Fucking awesome song, The Who didn't get enough credit for it to begin but fuck Fred Durst made the song his own.

[YOUTUBE]h9AjYfGMZaA[/YOUTUBE]

I was looking on Amazon recently, and realised that I had never heard anything by Mother Love Bone, while being a big fan of most of the other big grunge bands of the early 90s, so I ordered their album, and the opening track is this one.

Absolutely brilliant. Not as emotion-filled as Nirvana, not as dark as Alice in Chains, but still a fantastic, catchy song which I immediately loved. Its my favourite track on the album, which has turned into a great purchase. I'm very impressed with it, definitely one of the best albums I have bought in recent months.

No More Mr Nice Guy - Alice Cooper

There's this awesome classic rock radio station some guys at work put on that, so far, has an 8/10 hit rate I reckon. It was dangerously close to going 3 weak songs in a row until this wee beauty came on and it brought back images from Dazed and Confused as an added bonus. Never been a big Cooper fan but this is an absolutely bitching song.

So, I ran a half marathon this morning and last night, will looking for music to get me pumped during it, I came across this gem:

[YOUTUBE]1-RI8-eSQoQ&ob=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

It was the perfect song to get me through one of the harder stretches in the marathon. Someone shouting ''Don't give up!'' is surprisingly motivating. Anyway, for anyone who needs some workout music, this song would go well too.

The first experience I had with The Noisettes was when they supported Muse on their tour of the UK for the Black Holes and Revelations tour. They sucked then and still suck now.

Good luck with the half-marathon stuff though, are you tuning up for a full marathon? Or just running to keep warm? I keep hearing about these cold winds coming in off the Atlantic but it's been superbly mild over on the east coast for the most part :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back