WCW Boston, Round 2, Match 4: #12 Kevin Nash vs. #44 Mike Awesome

Nash vs. Awesome

• Diesel

• The Gladiator

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region, the ring and entrance ramp are equal height, from Boston, MA.

#12. "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash
kevinnash_1204567222.jpg

vs.

#44. "Awesome" Mike Awesome
MikeAwesome.jpg

You mean that Nash actually got past Jay Lethal? You're shitting me, man. Anyway, I guess kayfabe-wise, Nash wins. No idea why. I think he won the WWE title as Diesel, and maybe the WCW title at some point. I guess that makes him instantly better than the fat chick thrillah, huh?

He's still shit. Make no mistake.

Awesome was a lot better than people remember and I think that these two feuded around 2000. Nash won I believe. That should tell you everything that you need to know: a beaten up and broken down shell of his former self was able to beat Awesome. Awesome was shit in WCW while Nash won a bunch of world titles there. Nash isn't as good as Awesome, but he still wins based on his career resume.

:lmao: in 2000 Nash was writing storyline and booking for WCW, of course he put himself over Awesome

Awesome is far superior to Nash in just about every way, Nash has never ever once done a damn thing in the ring that could be considered even remotely worth a shit, yeah he was WWE champion, and WCW champion but he was a shitty champion, his title reigns are hardly even memorable, the guy has really only had 3 matches that I remember, one was a No DQ match against HBK back in the 90's, in which HBK carried his ass through the entire match, the second was Taker/Nash at WM12, another match in which Nash had to be carried by a far superior worker, and the third on was the HIAC against Triple H, and the only reason that I remember that match was because it was possibly the worst HIAC match ever

Please for the love of god vote Awesome, if for no the reason than to just eliminate Nash's worthless ass form this tournament

Well in Nash's glory days Nash would just kill awesome and even in WCW he killed Awesome. Awesome was a dominate force in WWE from what I read of the results, so that gives him a little chance of beating Nash. But I am not a Nash hater and I will say Nash will take this one easy. Nash just hsa too much strength for awesome and can almost do the same as what awesome could do with those fucked up knee's he has got.

Kevin Nash my not have been in his prime when these two feuded, but Awesome wasn't either from a kayfabe point of view. Awesome was far more relevant in ECW than he was in WCW.

Both of these guys are massive units that cancel each other out on the strength and power game. Sure, Nash is slightly bigger, but the differential is not going to matter because Awesome was over 6'6" too.

What Awesome does have that Nash didn't was pace. Nash was a bit of a lummox throughout his career, whereas Awesome's agility is what made him as interesting to watch. Awesome would win this one after quite a lengthy back and forth power struggle.

Please for the love of god vote Awesome, if for no the reason than to just eliminate Nash's worthless ass form this tournament

As an old school ECW fan, I can't do it. He was handed the title when Tazz left for WWE, and turned his back on the company, to trash the title for WCW. Then, they turned him into a joke. Sure, he had some great matches against Tanaka, but don't try and tell me it wasn't because Tanaka couldn't bump like hell.

Nash made a career of beating up people, and he'll do it here. No way Awesome can Awesome-bomb Big Sexy. And, because it'll make me laugh:

Nash beating Awesome...is...just...too...sweeeeeeeet!

They both suck. Double DQ!

No. I can't do that. It's my 100th post and I'm going to make this special.

Look at the body of work. Nash debuted in WCW under the Oz gimmick, then as Vinnie Vegas, managed by DDMe. Nash then went on to the WWE to become Big Daddy Cool Diesel. When Nash was in his prime, he was an agile big man. He was quick and could pull off some things normal big men don't do. But the NWO Nash was aggravating. It got to a point to where I was hoping Nash would be injured. Shame it happened in his second appearance in the WWE.

Nash sucks. He's a political bastard who's part of the down fall of WCW.

Mike Awesome wasn't much better and on a lower scale. I just remember him throwing Spike Dudley into a table and breaking his leg, and nearly killing Masato Tanaka about 14 times. Other than that, I'd say the Franchise was better than Awesome. Which says a lot about Awesome.

Nash wins. And I hate to say it, but I'm voting for Big Sexy...but not in his next round.

Both of these guys aren't worth a shit, never were worth a shit, never will be worth a shit. So, I suppose, I have to decide which of these two colossal turds doesn't stink quite as much. Awesome was never relevant in WCW. Hell, he was never really a relevant force in wrestling altogether. Yeah, he used to be ECW Champion but so was Tommy Dreamer for about 5 minutes. Put Nash with some great opponents and Nash could actually have a pretty decent match, although he'd have to be carried practically the entire time. He might have been a shitty WWE Champion, but he was a shitty WWE Champion for approximately 51 weeks. That, in and of itself, is more than Awesome accomplished in his entire life. Since a match between these two would be God awful, I just have to base my vote on what I know. Nash may be an over the hill, overrated has been, but as has been is better than a neverwas any ol' day of the week.

since this is WCW, Nash wins this one by a landslide against mike-totally-not awesome. A former WWE and WCW champion pins him with the yaknife powerbomb!

Reactions: gd
I just can't wait to see Shadow get on here, Nash should win purely because Awesome didn't deserve to get this far, he got past a far better wrestler on the fact that he is no longer with us, and therefore should be remembered. Nash vs Corino would have been an interesting arguement, this is not.

Awesome was HANDED his ECW championship, where as Nash has WON a lot more, keeping it in kayfabe, Nash has beaten some of the best there is, and i don't think that Awesome's list of vanquished opponents would be anywhere near as good.

So yes, let us remember how Awesome Mike was, but lets not pretend that he really would win this. He didn't deserve to beat Corino, and he doesn't deserve to beat Nash, we can't bring Corino back, but we can right this wrong and vote for the kayfabe better wrestler, not the one we want to remember because he's no longer with us

Awesome was only really relevant in ECW whereas Nash has had success in WWE, WCW & is mildly successful in TNA. Nash would kill Awesome with a Jacknife Powerbomb in just a few short minutes to win this matchup.

I think Awesome would win because of the speed factor, but it will be a shitty match. I guess these guys are similar, but Awesome barely beats him.

Im voting Nash and god knows why, he's useless.
Anyway i just feel that Nash goes over here, because in his prime he was unstoppable and if he face a guy like Awesome, it probably would have been a squash.

Awesome was only really relevant in ECW whereas Nash has had success in WWE, WCW & is mildly successful in TNA. Nash would kill Awesome with a Jacknife Powerbomb in just a few short minutes to win this matchup.

Big Pimpin, you're usually an excellent poster. But to say he was only relevant in ECW is pretty stupid. Awesome has a long history in FMW in Japan. This was hardcore before the word even existed. It was a barbaric region of Japan. Funk, Bubba Ray, D-Von, the Sandman, and Sabu all speak of FMW with the highest of regards. Quite simply, it was even more extreme than ECW.

But that means absolutely nothing in WCW. This is not conducted in an ECW ring, so that advantage is gone for Awesome. I want to vote for Awesome. But Kevin Nash at the height of his kayfabe power was just way too strong. And strangely enough, the height of his kayfabe power was not in his run as WWE or WCW champion. It was actually in his first victory over his good buddy, Scott Hall. Someone who, shockingly enough, had the same build as Mike Awesome, and even worked some of the same moves.

May we roll the footage?

[youtube]tNT0oGCKZxI[/youtube]

Now granted, it's not the same style, because Awesome works a more hardcore and a even uses more high flying moves. But the WCW ring takes away all of Awesome's toys.

Without Awesome's toys, Nash rolls over Awesome.

Big Sexy gets the win here. Awesome will hang around and give Nash a run for his money. But I see Awesome missing a big boot and then getting a Jackknife, sending him home and sending Nash on.

The hate that Kevin Nash gets is so underserved. Sorry, the 7ft, 300 plus pound guy isn't going to dazzle you with a moonsault, a sharpshooter, a crossface, or whatever other ridiculous things people believe makes someone a good wrestler. No, Kevin Nash doesn't Wrestle, Kevin Nash beats the shit out of you. When you're the size of Nash, a guy that is simply big for a seven footer, in comparison to other guys his height, you take either your big boot, or your big fist, and you ram it down someones throat.

Yes, Mike Awesome is over looked, yes Mike Awesome can fly through the arena and a ring like guys much smaller then him, but Mike Awesome isn't going to wrestle that type of match. Mike Awesome is going to get drug into a fist fight, and in a fist fight, Nash knocks Awesome out with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back