Diesel vs. Lethal

• Diesel Power

• Oh Yeah Dig it!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following mathcup takes place in the WCW Region under WCW Rules in Boston, MA. The ring and entrance ramp are equal height.

#12: Big Sexy Kevin Nash
nash.jpg

vs.

#53 "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal
Jay+lethal+genesis.jpg

Jay Lethal is fun to watch, but he only got over after ripping off Randy Savage's gimmick. Nash was a scary dude in his days as Diesel. He's beaten Shawn Michaels and if I recall correctly is a former world champion. Lethal is a young guy who's done pretty well in TNA, but Nash has been on top of the WWF. Nash wins quickly here.

Am I actually going to do this? Fuck it, I am. Fuck you Kevin, you overrated sack of shit. You've ruined two Bound For Glorys in a row, you worthless cunt.

I'll be giving my vote to Jay Lethal. He's essentially Randy Savage, but quicker. Are you seriously suggesting that a fast Randy Savage couldn't beat Kevin "I'm really shit" Nash?

People forget that Nash was actually good 15 years ago as Diesel, and that's the Nash I'm going with here. Lethal is an ok wrestler, but he's tiny. Nash feasted on guys like that and he'll do it here. Lethal gets a few shots in, but falls to the boot and the Jackknife.

I always thought Nash was overrated. Yeah he was a champion, but in the WWF's worst days. However, he still has just enough to get over Lethal, but it won't be a squash by any means. The size difference will count in the end. Nash with a powerbomb.

I'm going to go with Lethal over Nash. It's true that Lethal is over because of his Macho Man type gimmick but he is very good at the ring. Sure Nash made his living beating up on cruiserweights but that doesn't mean he can't lose to them. I think Lethal has what it takes to pull the upset over Big Daddy Kool.

Kevin Nash is one of my guilty pleasures. I think he suffered from heavyweight syndrome, which is a niggling little illness that causes people to decide that you're shit. Unfortunately, heavyweight syndrome carries many of the same symptoms as 'being a total waste of space'-illness, and as such the two are frequently confused.

Anyway, meandering attempts at humour aside, I like Kevin Nash. I think he's vastly underrated as a performer, and he's one of those guys who people tend to convienantly forget how over he was.
Being over with the crowd is used as a golden bullet defence when somebody people like (lets take Batista for example) is getting accused of being shit' but is one that gets swept under the run when it's somebody people have no love for.

Long story short, Nash was good. Jay Lethal has only had one significant win over a heavyweight in his career, and that was him rolling up Kurt Angle, who I believe had already wrestled that night.

Nash wins.

Nash is abysmal at the moment, but even looking at his period of greatness he was vastly overrated. Diesel had the title for a long time, but he was by no means dominant. He beat Backlund in a joke of a match for the title, then drew with Bret Hart, beat Michaels, had a feud with Sid that had a number of DQs before he went over, beat Mabel, DQ finish with Bulldog, DQ finish with Owen, lost to Bret. So in his entire reign he had three high profile reigns, which is pretty weak when you consider that Michaels was before his prime, Mabel was worse than he was when he became Viscera and he took two or three goes to beat Sid. Diesel was in no way shape or form dominant.

In WCW he was a multiple champion, but often by playing the creative control card, and he was always second fiddle to Hogan in the nWo.

That being said, Lethal, while good, is not really as good as Savage as some people have said. Lethal hasn't really ever beaten a big guy, so as much as it pains me to say it, at this point I'm going Nash, but I could be swayed.

In WCW he was a multiple champion, but often by playing the creative control card, and he was always second fiddle to Hogan in the nWo.

Being second fiddle to Hogan during WCW's domination of the Monday Night Wars is a pretty good feat.

I always liked Nash. At least until he went to TNA. He was great as Diesel, and I always rooted for him as a member of the nWo, and then as a member of the Wolfpac. If anyone says his big boot isn't effective, I'll simply refer to Hogan. Nash also had a devastating powerbomb. So devastating, that it became an outlawed move in the WWE.

I've never been a big fan of Lethal's, in large part because he wasn't good enough to get a career on his own. If he didn't have the Macho Man's gimmick, he would never have had the feud with Sonjay that pushed him to the Frontline.

I'm a big fan of Jay Lethal; both of his indy stuff and his TNA stuff, but Kevin Nash is one of my all time favorite wrestlers. His run as Diesel still ranks as one of my most enjoyable times watching the WWF/E. I absolutely loved the guy when I was young, and part of me never stopped being a fan, even as he digressed over the years. I enjoyed some of his WCW stuff, for the record, but I consider his prime to be as Diesel in the WWF and kayfabe wise... there's no way in hell Lethal would ever stand a chance against Big Daddy Cool.

I love watching Kevin Nash. He's not the greatest in the world, but he did have a nice wrestling style, and has had some good matches - better matches than I've seen from Lethal anyway. Nash works well with smaller guys, I don't think Lethal would be able to handle the size of Nash here.

I love watching Kevin Nash.

They should put you in a freak show next to the bearded lady.

"Behold, my friends. The girl who loves watching Kevin Nash. She applauds as his knees give out. She whoops as a poke to the chest sees him off. And you don't want to know what happens when he clubs someone on the back."

David Lynch could make a spiritual sequel to Elephant Man out of it, except Anthony Hopkins' tears would seem more realistic.

He's not the greatest in the world, but he did have a nice wrestling style, and has had some good matches - better matches than I've seen from Lethal anyway.

You mean he's faced Shawn Michaels. Admit it. Kevin Nash is perhaps the least remarkable big man ever.

I don't think Lethal would be able to handle the size of Nash here.

I wouldn't expect any sit-out power bombs from Lethal, but he's got what it takes.

Lethal would just take out the knees of Nash and axe handle the cunt to death. In an ideal world that is. I distincltly remember Nash killing cruiserweights for fun in WCW. He did it to the most popular one of them all on many an occasion.

Nash would totally crush Lethal in this one, totally crush.

This is not the old broken down shell that is Nash nowadays. This is the Nash that was big and bad and nasty back in the day.

While Lethal might be okish for a smaller guy, he only got over becuase of the gimmick he ripped off. If Lethal doesnt rip off Macho Man then noone would give two shits about him.

Nash easily.

Kevin Nash was bad ass from 1994-1997, despite what Sam will try to tell you. In fact, few guys were as legit scary as Kevin Nash in the WWF in early 1996 when he was saying he was going to kill people, and that same Nash that showed upin WCW and proceeded to launch Rey Mysterio like a long dart into the side of a trailer.

Jay Lethal, good, young talent, but essentially, nothing more then a gimmick. All of that speed, charisma, technical ability and flash mean exactly nothing when someone like Kevin Nash simply puts a big boot in your face. Kevin Nash dominated Cruiserweights, and this is no different.

In a straight fight, it is hard to give Lethal a shot at all against Prime Kevin Nash. The guy was... lethal. He was huge, and in the mid 90s could move around. He was a 7 foot powerbomb machine. I give him up until the WCW period to show as an example of why this man is a massive wrestling talent. Sure he isn't great now, but neither is Hogan. But back then, they were both massive talents.

Am I actually going to do this? Fuck it, I am. Fuck you Kevin, you overrated sack of shit. You've ruined two Bound For Glorys in a row, you worthless cunt.

I'll be giving my vote to Jay Lethal. He's essentially Randy Savage, but quicker. Are you seriously suggesting that a fast Randy Savage couldn't beat Kevin "I'm really shit" Nash?

WHAT?! Jay Lethal is no randy savage.
Randy savage was always a main-eventer,Jay lethal will be washed up in 6 years nobody will book him or remeber him.

Jay lethal is a faster randy savage uh no he might be more athletic than savage just a little bit but lethal is nothing like savage. savage is very strong and very athletic, Lethal is athletic.
and your putting lethal over Diesel, Diesel was a world champion for a year and lethal hasnt even been world champ. Diesel was a IC Champ for a year and lethal has been X-division champ by beating a couple pretty good wrestlers. If you think Jay lethal was better than Diesel Kevin Nash than you know nothing about wrestling.

I got Nash here. Though Lethal will hold his own in the match. Size does matter in the end as Nash hits the jackknife and it is nighty nighty Lethal. Though the size of the competitors isn't close, the match will be. I wouldn't be shocked if Lethal pulls off the upset, but like I said, once Nash hits the jackknife it is all said and done for Nash wins.

Kevin Nash was ment for squashing cruisers, this one is over after a short match with a long drop at the end of it for Lethal.

Nash in WCW vs Jay Lethal, yeah, Lethal doesn't have much of a chance here. Sure the match won't be a squash, but I don't see the match even reaching the 10 minute mark either.

Like Goldberg, Nash will be hard to stop in WCW. This is NWO territory, and the possibly of interference has to be taken into account for these matches. I don't Nash would need that kind of help against Lethal, but against a tougher opponent he probably would.

Nash takes this match

I'd say, lethal takes Nash to his limit in a spirited display, but misses the elbow drop, allowing Nash to pick his carcus up and hit the jacknife for the 1-2-3.

As much as i love Lethal, Nash FTW here.

Jay Lethal has yet to reach the status where he's even a consistent main event performer, let alone actually be a champion and top man of a company. Kevin Nash previously held the WWF title for just shy of an entire year! Granted, it wasn't during the most profitable period, but he also was a champion in WCW as well - where he gained even more success.

So Kevin Nash faces Jay Lethal in WCW. Nash is a guy that shows up there as part of the Outsiders and is immediately a big deal. He's not only one of the biggest guys on the roster but he's also a main event player. Lethal in that environment is about on par with Rey Mysterio and Juventud Guerrero - a cruiserweight that performs some very entertaining but quick matches to pop the crowd wake them up.

On a GOOD day for him, Lethal puts up a valiant effort similar to Hardy/Undertaker from years ago. But nonetheless, he comes up short. When Nash was faster and able to work better back then, he could've sold Lethal's moves much better and actually had a good match with him, but no matter what, it would end the same way: Nash power bombing the shit out of Lethal and snapping him in half like a slim jim. Oooh no.

Kevin Nash gets my vote.

Diesel in his prime moved about the ring extremely well and was a dominant force in the ring. We're talking Intercontinental Title / first WWF Title / feud with Bret and Shawn days, mind you. This isn't the "Silver Fox" that exists in TNA now, a broken down hasbeen.

Jay Lethal, on the other hand, is a man who is only relevant for nostalgic value - his ability to effectively rip off another man's gimmick so immaculately. How can I vote for that?

Diesel in about 8 seconds.

Those people who have voted for Jay Lethal are, I trust, voting either out of pity or humor. Because there's no way it could be anything else.

Kevin Nash is a multiple time World Champion, a huge man, and one of the most influential wrestlers in the last 20 years. Kevin wins this in a walk.

Kevin Nash has wrestled in madison square garden, won multiple world titles,etc....he wins by a landslide. Diesel gives jay lethal's puny ass THE V.I.P. TREATMENT in just 20 seconds....jay lethal doesn't stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back