Chris Benoit vs. Ludvig Borga

• The Crippler

• Borga

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place int he WCW REgion under WCW Rules in Boston, MA. The ring and the entrance Ramp are equal heights.

#5. The Crippler Chris Benoit
ChrisBenoitMurderer.jpg

vs.

#60. Ludvig Borga

TonyHalme.jpg

Ludwig looks pretty big, but I haven't a clue who he is. It doesn't matter though, because Benoit could advance over pretty much anyone. He was brutal and vicious in the ring. He was focused and never let up. He didn't make mistakes and always capitalized on those of his opponent. This would be over fast. Submission in five minutes. Next.

When I was helping Shocky with the brackets this caught my eye more than anything. Benoit in WCW was great and it was their fault for letting him go. Borga wasn't around long but take my word for it: he was a fucking tank. Imagine Kozlov but not boring or a waste of time. There was a rumor that he was in line for the WWF Title but I'm not sure how much stock I put into that. Benoit wins easily here, but DAMN I'd love to see this match.

Benoit has the ability to beat anyone with his crossface. People who NEVER tap out do submit to the crippler. Borga's size won't help him, it will just keep him off the floor for a while, but Benoit eventually locks it in.

Benoit is going to win this match here despite the negative way some look at him. Borga is just not known enough by fans. He was dominate for awhile in the WWF days. Benoit is the full package though, strength, speed, endurance, mat skills. I'd really like watching this match with the Benoit from the WCW days.

Give me Borga!

The Finn - one of the greatest WWF Champions that never was. He was a "red entry," meaning it was yours truly who single handedly got him in here, and I am backing him, dammit.

I know full well that more people will vote for Benoit - Borga has the edge in power by FAR but that's all - but I do not care. Borga was an amazing singular talent, and it's a damn shame he wasn't able to follow through on that feud with Luger and win the WWF Title. It should have been Borga vs Luger at Wrestlemania 10 for the title.

Ludwig looks pretty big, but I haven't a clue who he is. It doesn't matter though, because Benoit could advance over pretty much anyone. He was brutal and vicious in the ring. He was focused and never let up. He didn't make mistakes and always capitalized on those of his opponent. This would be over fast. Submission in five minutes. Next.

How delightfully shortsighted. Are these the kinds of nuggets of wisdom that we'll be able to expect from you all tournament, 48.7? Because you're just making yourself look bad.

Borga was a legend in the making. He's won several major championships in Japan, he dominated men like Duggan, Tatanka, and Luger in the early 90's, and is a world champion powerlifter. He's technically skilled - not on Benoit's level - but he has it.

I question whether Benoit would even win this match. Like KB said, Kozlov is patterned after Borga, only Borga was stronger, meaner, more technically sound, and had mic skills. He also was a pro boxing champion and hs an MMA record. Near 1000 lb deadlift.

Sit back and learn something.

Borga vs Jobber P.J. Walker
[youtube]XVgjZOmbEXE[/youtube]

Respect how freaking long he holds the vertical suplex. SICK.

Borga vs Marty Jannetty
[youtube]xwOyUNeHiMk&feature=related[/youtube]

Pwnage. Domination.

Borga Promo
[youtube]n2T1pTbpzfY&feature=related[/youtube]

Borga was a beast but the endurance factor could come into play here. Benoit will take lots of punishment from Borga but I belive Borga as good as he is would wear down at some point and Benoit will lock in the Crippler Crossface for the submission.

Do I vote for the right wing, borderline facist or the man who murdered his own family. Truly a battle of morally questionable characters. However, please don't let personal emotions cloud your voting in this competition.

Borga wins here. He hardly lost at all, and made short work of everyone he faced. He was a legitimate tough guy, and I think I'm right in saying that only Lex Luger, at his absolute peak at the time, ever pinned him in the WWE. Borga was unstoppable, and would have gone on to be so much more than he is now.

Borga never really fought anyone around Benoit's level, so it's hard to give a direct comparison. He did destroy Jannetty, who is about the same size as Benoit and was the first person in two years to pin Tatanka, which is no mean feat. He outmuscled a young Scott Steiner a few times, which would suggest that he could quite comfortaby deal with technical wrestlers. Borga wins here.

Borga wasnt really that great.

Wow, so he does some power moves in pre determined matches were he was supposed to dominate. He did this for er, what was it 6 months?? and this is the guy who will be going over one of the top ten wrestlers EVER?? Bullshit. Not ever. there isnt ONE legitmate argument why that should happen. Benoit made a carreer of beating them ALL, big and small.

Respect how freaking long he holds the vertical suplex. SICK.

Yes, it was sick. But, the jobber got up from it. Last I checked, Benoit is no jobber. I'm sure the diving headbutt, and the german suplexes won't be a factor, but the Crossface will. I've seen guys like Cena work their way out of it, but not against guys like Benoit. He is as technically sound as they come, and would be sure to weaken the arm and neck first, before going for the submission. Even if he doesn't tap, the damage will be done, and Benoit will pick up a close win.

Benoit is going far in this tournament, and I will not let him lose to some weirdo who can wrestle less than the Great Khali. Okay that's going too far, but there is still no way that Borga beats Benoit here, when I have him tipped to go very far in this tournament. Benoit is arguably in the Top 10 of all time, in my favourites that goes down to Top 3. Borga didn't really do anything worth noting, and Benoit could beat anyone. He wins hands down.

Borga wasn't around for long. So I'd never expect most people to vote for him. But they should. Take 6 months of Benoit at his most dominant, then take Borga. Benoit doesn't stand a chance. Taker 6 months of Benoit in his prime, he still doesn't beat Borga.

It's easy to look back at Borga and think nothing of him. But if you saw him when you were growing up, and you look back now, it's baffling that he wasn't around for longer. He would have been a WWF Champion. And he wouldn't have needed Triple H & Shawn Michaels to make him look like he belonged there.

I really want to vote for Borga here. I really, really do. I was more entertained by six minutes of YouTube footage of Borga than I was by Chris Benoit's entire career. Don't get me wrong; I think he's good. I just don't like watching him. He's the boring compromise between Dean Malenko and Kurt Angle.

Benoit just wasn't the type to be dominated. That sounds weak. I hold it to be true. Even when he was settling in for a long stint on the midcard, dead weight in the form of a belt around wrapped around his chest, he would be dominated by no man. Even when the WWE's monster heel of the month came along, Benoit refused to be trampled over. He was far too tenacious for that.

In his prime, when he was making the likes of Triple H and Shawn Michaels tap out, I don't see Borga walking all over him - which he needs to do to win. He might smack him around, he might have him on the ropes. Benoit will wait it out, even if he has to lose more teeth. He'll fight Borga to the bone, and he'll ultimately come out on top.

Sadly.

In Benoit's prime he was being taken to the limit by 5'9'' Mexican & Japanese stars. The Benoit of 2004 wasn't in his prime. He was a long way removed from the wrestler he was in the mid 90's. The Benoit of the mid 90's also didn't hang with wrestlers like Borga. Partially because wrestlers stayed in their respective divisions, and partially because nobody would accept them as being legit challengers to the bigger guys.

In Benoit's prime he was being taken to the limit by 5'9'' Mexican & Japanese stars. The

I can't help but feel that there's more to this sentence. Perhaps you're employing the tactic of confusion. I'm tempted to find any excuse so I can vote against Benoit. I'd much rather Borga go on.

Borga wasnt really that great.

Wow, so he does some power moves in pre determined matches were he was supposed to dominate. He did this for er, what was it 6 months?? and this is the guy who will be going over one of the top ten wrestlers EVER?? Bullshit. Not ever. there isnt ONE legitmate argument why that should happen. Benoit made a carreer of beating them ALL, big and small.

Did you really just hit us with the "predetermined matches" card? NorCal, I expect more from you. Isn't this tournament supposed to be our last bastion of fun, "if it was real" kayfabe fanship? You're dead inside.

And if you want non-predetermined, look at Borga's record as a powerlifter, MMA combatant, and European Junior Champion Boxer.

The only reason Benoit succeeded was because he helped make the actually interesting wrestlers like Jericho, Angle, Cena, HHH, etc. look technically credible. Then, when fans got used to him, they decided they liked him and cried out for him to win. So he won - and nobody cared.

Borga wasn't around long, but people cared about him when he was there. Borga got better heel heat than Benoit ever did. Borga did it alone, whereas Benoit was only interesting when he was surrounded by guys like Flair.

Lugvig Borga Ajaksi Voitto!

(that means "For the win" in Finnish. Learn something.)

He didn't make mistakes

Hmmm....Shot his family and him...I wonder. I don't care who this guy is I have him over Benoit for the fact that Chris let us all down. For some reson in wrestling when some one dies they all of a sudden get prazed and popular...Chris wasn't even that good in the ring. He was a decent techincal wrestlers but no one wants to see that any more and that is why he never got hugely over.

Hmmm....Shot his family and him...I wonder. I don't care who this guy is I have him over Benoit for the fact that Chris let us all down. For some reson in wrestling when some one dies they all of a sudden get prazed and popular...Chris wasn't even that good in the ring. He was a decent techincal wrestlers but no one wants to see that any more and that is why he never got hugely over.

Benoit was hugely popular before he died. It shows because he's still got fans now even though he went on a killing spree. It's just that he was a very popular upper mid card wrestler and he didn't have the required tools to transfer that to the main event.

Yeah, there is some truth in what you say. But thats why we have the Benoit Rule, any shit to do with personal life, such as Benoit's crazyness, hardy/kennedy/morrisions suspensions, and batista being a man-****e etc, have nothing to do with the tournament, we ignore it to focus on they're skills as a wrestler in the kayfabe sense, and in kayfabe Benoit is an excellent technical wrestler, he'd wear you down with holds and germans, and if he got the chance would unleash a devastating flying headbutt. and once you were tired he'd look in the crossface and it'd be good night nurse. I mean he beat HHH and HBK at Wrestlemania for the WHC, that takes some skill

Great match-up here. Borga always relied on power. He always dominated his opponents with it, and that's his main and only weapon. Benoit is an all time great. He has beaten bigger guys then Borga in his career, and he will win here. Benoit will go pretty far in the tournament, and is one of the all time greats. He will not lose here.

In a tough match I see Benoit beating Borga.

So I'm supposed to be impressed with Borga being able to perform a vertical suplex on PJ Walker, and beating a career nobody in Marty Jannetty at Summerslam? Um no thank you. Borga is another guy that was pushed to the moon by Vince, had a good, maybe six month run, and then disappeared into obscurity. His gimmick has been redone,a nd been redone better over the last 15 years. Chris Benoit is one of the greatest in ring wrestlers ever, and he would make Borga tap out in no time.

Voting for Borga is essentially voting for Khali two weeks before he became the champion. He was on an impressive streak, but so what? He did very little. The only difference is Khali beat the Undertaker. Borga? Nothing. Against a man who won the World Title in the biggest stage ever in wrestling in my books. The man whos crying moment is the everlasting memory in my head as he was able to beat both Shawn Michaels an Triple H.

Voting for Borga is essentially voting for Khali two weeks before he became the champion. He was on an impressive streak, but so what? He did very little. The only difference is Khali beat the Undertaker. Borga? Nothing. Against a man who won the World Title in the biggest stage ever in wrestling in my books. The man whos crying moment is the everlasting memory in my head as he was able to beat both Shawn Michaels an Triple H.

Horseshit. Voting for Borga is voting for a man who was the ultimate incarnation of the Anti-American heel. More athletic than Slaughter, more hateful mic skills that Yokozuna, more raw ability than almost anybody. He's got Kozlov's power, Slaughter's anti-American charisma, and so much disdain and killer instinct it's crazy.

A vote for Benoit is a vote for the status quo. Vote the #60 over the #5, and remember what a run Borga had.

I remember Borga slightly. He was around right when I started to really get into wrestling, and then one day he disappeared. I have no idea what happened to him. But I think this would be a close match. But the longer it goes the more it favors Benoit. And if this is a close fought match and takes its time, then Benoit has it in the bag. And I think just that happens, Benoit with the victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back