WCW Boston, Round 2, Match 3: #5 Chris Benoit vs. #28 Mr. Kennedy

Benoit vs. Kennedy

• The Rabid Wolverine

• Injury...Injury

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, am I going to vote for someones body of work throughout their respective career, or am I going to vote for a guy who beat like 8 former world champions in a matter of months?

Both wrestlers are highly overrated when it comes to the IWC. I don't know who to vote for, but I need someone to persuade me. I am leaning towards someone, but I wont say who.

He never took on anyone of Batista's calibre, that's for sure. Kennedy did.

I tried to find the notable fueds of both of these respective wrestlers to see if your statement reigns true.

According to Online world off wrestling Benoit has fueded with Jushin Liger, Dean Malenko in Japan and Old ECW, DDME, Booker T and Bret Hart on WCW, The Rock, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Steve Austin, Ric Flair, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar, HHH,HBK, Edge, Booker T again, JBL, MVP

Kennedy has got Batista, Undertaker,Hardcore Holly, Jeff Hardy, Finlay, Bobby Lashely, HBK, William Regal, Umaga, MVP, Paul Burchill

Both have got talented opponents but in the grander scheme of things, who's looks more impressive. The quality and quantity of big names that Benoit has fueded with has more breadth and depth than that of those that Kennedy has.

Also Benoit was a vicious and strong technical wrestler, he will out mat wrestle Kennedy, and put him in so many different submission holds that Kennedy will RETIRE....... retire

Kinda on the fence here, on the one hand you have a former World Champion who has victories over people like HHH, HBK, Chris Jericho, The Rock and Kurt Angle, a World title victory at WrestleMania. Of course all of this came over 14 years.

On the other hand you have a guy who beat 8 former World Champions in his debut year, it doesnt matter that it was all by count-out he still did it. Once his push stopped however he's lost to just about everyone.

In a few years if Kennedy lives up to his hype and potential I'd put him over Benoit no problem but as it happens he's still at that point where guy's like Benoit have the edge over him. Maybe next year Kennedy.

I am hopeful that one day Kennedy will live up to his potential. He still could become the future of the company. However at this point, Chris Benoit out shines Kennedy in all facits with the exception of mic skills. And unfortunately, mic skills don't win you matches. Benoit is faster, stonger, more experienced, and is one of the greatest ring technicians in the history of wrestling.

Benoit wins, purely based on achievements adn wrestling ability. I think a lot of people are put off by Benoit's personal life which is a shame because prior to that these very same people would be voting for him in their droves.
Also, i hate Kennedy marks, seriously what has this guy done, except a sub-par US title reign. Someone please enlighten me.

This is a no brainer. Kennedy has won the US title and MITB. Benoit is a former WHC/US/IC Champion, hes won the Royal Rumble as the number 1 entrant and has beaten the likes of Jericho,Austin,Rock in his career Via Pin fall.Kennedy has beaten a few of todays stars by DQ or Countout.....not the same. Kennedy could be something good one day wereas Benoit would be in the HOF if it wasnt for the whole murder situation. Benoit is better than Kennedy in all aspects apart from Mic skills and were does mic skills get you in this tourny? absolutly nowhere. Kennedy shouldn't have even got past the Miz.

The only thing KK is better at than Benoit is mic skill. Well that means nothing here. Benoit locks in the crossface rather quickly, sends KK home and to a surgeon, as he has to fix up his arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back