• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[UnOfficial] WWE vs. TNA Thread - New one active

WWE or TNA?

• WWE

• TNA

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep. i agree with that. I think if wwe were to lose a few more of their main stars to tna that would change things a bit. But thats not enough. It will take time. I can see TNA reaching a 2 in ratings in then next 2 to 3 years if they continue the way they are now. If they do even better i think they will be getting very close to RAW ratings. If they improve their product and market more, in about 5 years i think they have the potential to pass wwe in ratings. That is if wwe continue with the quality they are at the moment or get worse.

At the moment wwe have too many die hard fans, which is evident on this forum when you read them saying some really silly things. lol.

I think TNA has some incredible talent. AJ Styles and Chris Daniels are amazing, and there are a lot of other guys who are quite good as well. They have the luchadore styled ring, and that's fine with me too, it allows for more acrobatic wrestling. There's only one problem. TNA is not pushing their acrobatic daredevils like they were a few years ago. AJ Styles has went from NWA/TNA World Champion to filler for Christian and Kurt Angle storylines. Chris Daniels comes and goes, and now he's Curry Man again "bad idea". There are other guys "Jay Lethal in particular" who are extremely gifted but they're being used as bad comic relief. TNA had a refreshing look and feel a few years back, but nowadays they're making the same mistakes that killed WCW. They are relying too heavily on older guys who don't perform that well anymore. Jeff Jarrett needs to stay far away from TNA television, and I feel that Kevin Nash should be outright released from the company. There is a fan base for TNA, and I think it's the old ECW crowd. In the early days of TNA the wrestlers were young and athletic. A lot of them had finishers that had never been seen before, and they pushed the limit of what american professional wrestling is. Now the company seems to be worried about pushing old talent while forgetting about the guys who got the company on its feet. TNA needs to push their X Division, that's what the fans want to see. Do we really give a damn about Sting, The Dudleys and Kevin Nash? I don't...

WWE all the way.

See in Australia, tonight Tna will air for the first time tonight.. I am looking forward to seeing the comparison in quality of WWE to TNA. Although, from what I have heard WWE is much better. They have better quality wrestlers, better quality promos, better quality matches, and just better quality in general. WWE will most likely remain the utmost of sports entertainment. When I watch TNA, I hope it is better than what people say. Because people hardly say mcuh about it anyway.

WWE all the way.

See in Australia, tonight Tna will air for the first time tonight.. I am looking forward to seeing the comparison in quality of WWE to TNA. Although, from what I have heard WWE is much better. They have better quality wrestlers, better quality promos, better quality matches, and just better quality in general. WWE will most likely remain the utmost of sports entertainment. When I watch TNA, I hope it is better than what people say. Because people hardly say mcuh about it anyway.

Better quality wrestlers? Like who? Please explain why they are better then the TNA wrestlers. As i totally disagree. However I do agree on WWE having better quality promos.

Better quality wrestlers? Like who? Please explain why they are better then the TNA wrestlers. As i totally disagree. However I do agree on WWE having better quality promos.

They have better quality than the TNA guys because even if WWE are still sort of failing to push these new guys at least they get RATINGS. The TNA guys dont push their company enough to show that they even give a crap. the matches suck depending on who's in them. the only guys ive ever liked from TNA were the former WWE/WCW guys, Lance Hoyt and Christopher Daniels. but lately ive been taking an interest in the naturals and martyr and chris harris because they FINALLY saw the light. TNA is holding them back and thats a bunch of crap because they are centering the entire show around Kirk Angel in hopes of crushing WWE somehow. TNA is pathetic, weak, and will never make it anywhere because they arent strong enough. For awhile they were ok to me and then when Angel got there it turned gay as hell because i knew right then and there when i learned that he jumped ship that TNA would now be a big turd in the toilet of the WWE and it wont go down until WWE decide to take action and plunge those idiots. Look forward to Vince somehow buying that company.

I just read the little Kirk Angel shoot on WWE. (i dont know if i am allowed to post about that in here but seriously what difference does it make when theres about 98754959 different threads based on WWE vs TNA lol. and even if there isnt, everyone somehow makes it that way.) but anyways, Kurts a girl and will always be one. Why should Kurt Angle have ever gotten a lighter schedule at all when he was in WWE? After seven long years that he gave to Vince, wah wah wah who gives a crap. Takers been in there almost 18 years, flairs been in wrestling for 30+ years. these guys deserve it. and i dont care what that poor excuse for a technical wrestler says about injuries and all that. Rey Mysterio was wrestling on a screwed up leg for almost what 6 months? Taker has been wrestling with a screwed up hip and probably back and legs for i dont know how long and hes still going. they were giving guys like taker and flair lighter schedules in order to PRESERVE them while they still can. as far as im concerned, john cena has done more for that company than Kurt Angle ever did.

TNA impact has finally come to australian TV.
i expect some quality competition because TNA appears to have a certain flair that WWE seems to be lacking at the moment, people are sick of seeing the "SAME. OLD. SHIT." that goes on during WWE programming.
TNA is a fresh bunch of faces, with some familiar names to catch the crowd, i can only see big things coming in the future for this company.

Kurts a girl and will always be one.

Careful there sport, there aren't many genuine American heroes left.

Why should Kurt Angle have ever gotten a lighter schedule at all when he was in WWE?

Because he was consistent top star, main eventer and world champion?

After seven long years that he gave to Vince, wah wah wah who gives a crap.

You can add "wah wah wah who gives a crap" to anything to discredit it. I could add it to MLK's "I have a dream" speech and it'd make it sound silly.

Takers been in there almost 18 years, flairs been in wrestling for 30+ years. these guys deserve it.

So the fact that Angle meant as much, if not more to the WWE as those guys doesn't matter. Eddie Guerrero didn't get much time off either.

and i dont care what that poor excuse for a technical wrestler says about injuries and all that.

A poor excuse for a technical wrestler? Please, the guy's second to only Dean Malenko in my book.

Rey Mysterio was wrestling on a screwed up leg for almost what 6 months? Taker has been wrestling with a screwed up hip and probably back and legs for i dont know how long and hes still going.

I'm sure the world heavyweight title reigns and relaxed schedules make it easier.

they were giving guys like taker and flair lighter schedules in order to PRESERVE them while they still can.

And killing Angle would help WWE how exactly?

as far as im concerned, john cena has done more for that company than Kurt Angle ever did.

Then you're wrong.

Basically when I look at Kurt Angle, he didn't deserve any more time off than the other guys in the business. Yes, he is arguably the best technicle wrestler ever in WWE and he put on great matches, but during his last couple years in the WWE he wasn't even there main star. You have to earn your time off, Flair and Taker being around for as long as the have/were earned there time off. Angle was around for what, 7-8 years, does Edge deserve time off, he is a world champion and been around longer than Angle, should he quit because he doesn't get time off, no he shouldn't. The only reason WWE allows wrestlers to not partake in house shows is because they have earned it or have come off of an injury like Mysterio. Besides for Mysterio, guys like Taker, Flair and HBK all have earned there time off during the week by taking part in house shows for how long?? Much longer than seven years. If Kurt Angle like TNA so much better, I say good for him because he is a good enough wrestler were he should be in a situation he likes, but the whole idea that he deserved more time off during the week is bull, he hadn't earned that time off yet.

Careful there sport, there aren't many genuine American heroes left.

you make it sound like you want to butt diddle kurt angle. he sucked along with brock lesnar and no one liked either one of them. neither one of them had any fans through their tenure in the WWE. and the only reason angle got cheers was because there was a new world champ instead of dave batista the walking boulder. and if anyone was fans of either one of them, then why do they watch wrestling? explain to me how angle even matches up to technical wrestling or dean malenko. he couldnt prove it to me not even on his best day. stick that in your pipe and smoke it lol.

How to use the quote function 101.

you make it sound like you want to butt diddle kurt angle.

"Diddle"!? I take offense to that! Seriously though, infraction for flaming.

he sucked along with brock lesnar and no one liked either one of them. neither one of them had any fans through their tenure in the WWE.

That's perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read. I hope that's severe hyperbole overuse.

and the only reason angle got cheers was because there was a new world champ instead of dave batista the walking boulder.

Even though Batista was a massive fan favourite? Makes sense.

and if anyone was fans of either one of them, then why do they watch wrestling?

Either of who?

explain to me how angle even matches up to technical wrestling or dean malenko. he couldnt prove it to me not even on his best day. stick that in your pipe and smoke it lol.

Just because Angle doesn't use a million moves it doesn't make him inferior to Dean Malenko technically. It just makes him slightly inferior. He makes it up in other departments anyway. And no, I don't mean butt sex.

Haha, this thread is great. It's cracking me up! Anyway, here's my two cents...

TNA will NEVER be able to compete with WWE on the level WCW did during the Monday Night Wars for one simple, logical reason and that reason alone. Money. How did WCW become huge? It had Ted Turner behind it throwing money at Eric Bischoff who used it to steal ALL of WWE's main event guys. And I do mean every one of them. Hogan, Nash, Hall, Flair, Hart, Piper, Luger, so on and so forth to the point Vince had to make new ones. The list is endless! The only ones who didn't jump ship were Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Stone Cold would never have after his treatment in WCW. I still don't understand why HHH never did though, as WWE delayed his push until 99 and most of his buddies had already jumped ship but that's beyond the point. Dixie Carter is nowhere near the financial level of Ted Turner. She can't just reach into her bank account and start pulling out millions of dollars to nationally promote TNA, take it on the road 200+ days a year, touring every known state of the US. Therein lies the problem. Sporadic tours and small house shows here and there garners very little fan support. They see TNA as a small company that will only come to their town once in a while, so they don't bother following their television programming religiously.

Therefore, unless someone really wealthy starts investing in the company, TNA won't build a loyal, nation-wide fanbase (much less world-wide) that will boost ratings (which would get them more money from Spike and offers from better networks.) It's not even about wrestlers, it's a business stand-point. It doesn't matter who TNA has on their show. It could be Stone Cold Steve Austin himself, the ratings won't magically sky-rocket for a company trapped in obscurity. The ratings won't magically sky-rocket if they get better storylines, or more wrestlers from WWE. Think about it. At first, they were super psyched to get Christian. It seemed like the best thing ever! Then they weren't satisfied and went digging for Sting. And Angle. And Booker T. What do they have to show for it? They're on the road more often, sure... (albeit only for PPV's). They got two hours. It was bound to happen with a steady 1.0 viewership, Spike TV's remaining line-up isn't exactly impressive, so that's not that massive a feat.

Plain evidence of my stance on this is ECW's rating. Take a look at it. ECW is quite possibly the worst wrestling show on TV, yet it steadily beats iMpact! because there's the WWE machine behind it. Look at it like this. Old ECW was considered the shit but it died nonetheless, because of money. As bad as this new ECW is, it won't die as long as WWE doesn't want it to because they have MONEY to keep it going and fans who tune in for two other brands, so naturally will also catch ECW hoping to see their favorites pop up there.

Of course, this is a double-edged sword. A wrestling company can still tank, no matter how rich, if the right amount of ******s are riding the camel head-first into the quicksand (WCW.) Well that and the figureheads that no longer wanted wrestling on their network. Either way, I'm giving the devil his due. Vince McMahon is a genius. But only when backed against the wall. He came back from near bankruptcy and beat WCW by creating new stars when Turner stole all of his... and he did this WITHOUT being wealthier than his competitors. Dixie Carter on the other hand, as passionate as she may be about her company and pleasing its fans, she's nowhere near as smart as Vince McMahon. She has allowed her creative team to be composed of the same morons that helped drive WCW into the ground. If I were in Dixie's shoes, what would I do? Hm, for starters, take control of my own company opposed to letting Jarrett run it like Pee-Wee's Playhouse!

TNA is losing money but Dixie remains with a stupid smile on her face, greeting fans like a Goddamn tree hugger at lousy house shows! It's a cut-throat business and Dixie is not cut out to succeed in it. Why isn't Jim Cornette booking TNA? We all know he can do a much better job than Jarrett. Why does Angle have so much pull? He's not much different than HHH, who held people down for years by hogging the title, ironically driving the likes of Christian, Angle and Booker themselves out of the WWE (who now compose the TNA main event picture.) Last I checked Angle hadn't married the boss's daughter. Does being a multi-time WWE Champion automatically warrant anyone backstage stroke? Man, I steered so much off track here but that's my stake on why TNA won't likely be able to compete with WWE in the foreseeable future... or ever. The moment they become slightly threatening to McMahon's empire, he'll slow them down with superior storylines, shows, matches and superstars. If Joe or Styles ever become household names, he'll take them, simply because he has the money, therefore he can. TNA will never amass any threatening momentum and will inevitably succumb to being bought out by VKM.

Basically when I look at Kurt Angle, he didn't deserve any more time off than the other guys in the business.
He was addicted to painkillers, and was wrestling with multiple injuries, of cause he deserved time off. If he hadn't of quit he would have ended up like Benoit, probably sooner.

Yes, he is arguably the best technicle wrestler ever in WWE and he put on great matches, but during his last couple years in the WWE he wasn't even there main star.
He was A star. There isn't really a difined top star in WWE anymore, Cena maybe but he's never a Hogan, a Flair, or a Stone Cold. Angle was vital to building Cena up as a legit main eventer, without that feud with Angle Cena would never have had the credibility he has now as champion.

You have to earn your time off, Flair and Taker being around for as long as the have/were earned there time off. Angle was around for what, 7-8 years, does Edge deserve time off, he is a world champion and been around longer than Angle, should he quit because he doesn't get time off, no he shouldn't.
Undertaker has never worked the schedule Angle has, in the 90's he wasn't a main event star except for sparadic times in the very late 90's. From '02 onwards he hasn't worked house shows. Angle was working both house shows, doing PR for the company, and wrestling in main event matches thus wrestling a busier schedule.

The only reason WWE allows wrestlers to not partake in house shows is because they have earned it or have come off of an injury like Mysterio. Besides for Mysterio, guys like Taker, Flair and HBK all have earned there time off during the week by taking part in house shows for how long?? Much longer than seven years. If Kurt Angle like TNA so much better, I say good for him because he is a good enough wrestler were he should be in a situation he likes, but the whole idea that he deserved more time off during the week is bull, he hadn't earned that time off yet.

Well Angle had multiple injuries at the time so by your logic it's ok that he asked for time off. I don't know how you can defend WWE on this, especially after what happened with Benoit. Watch Angle's interview with The Sun- (http://del.interoute.com/?id=4d4f785a-73df-44ca-bb9a-3cf35c340361&delivery=download) he talks in detail about why he asked for time off, IMO he was justified.

They have better quality than the TNA guys because even if WWE are still sort of failing to push these new guys at least they get RATINGS. The TNA guys dont push their company enough to show that they even give a crap. the matches suck depending on who's in them. the only guys ive ever liked from TNA were the former WWE/WCW guys, Lance Hoyt and Christopher Daniels. but lately ive been taking an interest in the naturals and martyr and chris harris because they FINALLY saw the light. TNA is holding them back and thats a bunch of crap because they are centering the entire show around Kirk Angel in hopes of crushing WWE somehow. TNA is pathetic, weak, and will never make it anywhere because they arent strong enough. For awhile they were ok to me and then when Angel got there it turned gay as hell because i knew right then and there when i learned that he jumped ship that TNA would now be a big turd in the toilet of the WWE and it wont go down until WWE decide to take action and plunge those idiots. Look forward to Vince somehow buying that company.

You are making no sense.
They have better quality than the TNA guys because even if WWE are still sort of failing to push these new guys at least they get RATINGS.
WWE get ratings because they are more established and have more marketing power. What does that have to do with quality of wrestlers? Explain to me please... Also explain, if WWE's wrestlers were so much better why did RAW's ratings drop so badly? They used to get 6 on ratings when i remember watching it. That's when it was good. Now? Why did they drop? Let me guess according to your logic they have better wrestlers. Please...

You just have no idea what your talking about.

TNA is the biggest load of crap IMO. Thats probably because im a WWE fan, always have been, always will be. I have watched a few iMPACT shows, and one of those Cage shows they had (Lockdown?). I didn't like it if im being honest.

I turned over to SmackDown!, and thats where the real entertainment is. They put on better overall shows, and the wrestling has become better recently. TNA does have a few good wrestlers, but im fed up of looking at the WWE reject wrestlers there.

By that, I mean people like the Basham Brothers. People like Kurt Angle and Christian are ok. Christy Hemme = HOT, so thats ok lol.

But the WWE has the bigger stars, they have more entertainment, better action, better everything IMO. The WWE are too strong for TNA to become the best wrestling show. It won't happen.

WWE is better dont get m wrong but Im waiting for the WWE to face TNA to see who really is better. I know wrestling is fake but for this they could have fake moves but not plan who wins It would be a free for all

back in the day, wrestlers moved around, from promotion to promotion. they still do. it isn't as if hulk hogan, hunter helmsley, sean michaels, steve austin, undertaker, ric flair, booker t, kevin nash, curt hennig, chris jericho, or any number of wwe superstars, present and past, started off with vince. they all wrestled for other promotions.

i don't hear anyone saying that the undertaker was a wcw reject because mark calloway used to wrestle there before wwf, or that hogan was an awa reject.

wrestlers who only work for one promotion for their entire careers may also have other neglected areas in their education.

it is good for wwe that tna exists. the reason vince will never destroy tna is that after he bought wcw, he likely came to realize that wcw competing with him made him more money, made the whole industry better, and made his company better.

i think the fact that TNA is in existance means that WWE can't afford to get sloppy. as waylon said, competition makes the industry better. if you have no competition, you can churn out anything you want, you've no-one to lose viewers to. with TNA, both have to compete and try to be the best, which is better for the wrestling fan as we get a choice as to what we choose to watch.

Technically, we don't really have that much Competition because TNA is on Thursday night, where as WWE is on every other night. If Smackdown goes to Thursday night again, and we finally have the two shows going head to head, THEN we'll get some real talent being showed. But untill then, we're just gonna keep getting shows like last nights RAW. Terribly tossed together.

i meant competition in the sense there's an alternative brand, rather than two in direct timeslot competition.

but yeah, i think TNA can only benefit out of the way wwe's doing things at the minute. i didn't see raw since i was asleep, but by all accounts it was awful

TNA sucks and so do it's fans. They'll never beat WWE and how does TNA have better wrestlers. Kurt Angle has lost a step or two since going to TNA and I guess TNA fans don't appreciate true wrestling they would rather see glorified stuntman aka the X Division.

Im a fan of both I Love WWE and TNA is good once in while. WWE has better talent I think They both have good potential but WWE is alot better then TNA in tradition and stars produced. I agree Raw last night was horrible 3 tag team matches and Umaga v.s Venis whoever came up with that needs to be slapped or fired. No Big Show and khali battle that would I liked to seen. I mean come on last years post shows of wm 23 was better, I know there giving some big names rest but we need better matches. And not saying the main event was predictable but this one was to obvious.

TNA sucks and so do it's fans. They'll never beat WWE and how does TNA have better wrestlers. Kurt Angle has lost a step or two since going to TNA and I guess TNA fans don't appreciate true wrestling they would rather see glorified stuntman aka the X Division.

I get infractions for saying for saying things which I back up. But this guy should get banned and his post deleted. It makes no sense what so ever. He does not back up what he is saying. He just signs up, and says it because he is a WWE fanboy. How has Kurt lost a step or two? Explain? Dont just say things without explaining. When I have something bad to say about WWE, I back it up as to why. Then if people dont like it then thats fine.

Harry, you really are nuts. Let me ask you a question. What do you define as wrestling, and what makes the x devision wrestlers glorified stuntman and not wrestlers?

I will probably get another infraction or maybe get banned, but hey if this forum would rather have people like harry instead of me posting then... well good luck to them, they will need it...

x-div do have the glorified stuntmen label because of the level of high spots they use. but to be honest, WWE pushes a lot of people who could be labelled the same. the likes of jeff hardy, mike foley and RVD & Sabu when they were about. fans cheer the high spots and it helps the heels get over.

still, it doesn't change the fact that the majority of the x-division competitors are genuinely athletic wrestlers. they go quickly, but it doesn't change the fact that they have the ability to execute hip tosses, arm drags etc better than a few in the wwe who tend to rip pecs.

After finally airing Impact in Australia. I can finally judge on what promotion I like better.

Sorry to all you TNA fans, but it fails in comparison to the WWE. TNA has got enough talent to put on a darn good show and even has enough talent to be better than any WWE show whether it be Raw, Smackdown or ECW.

However theres certain things I dislike within TNA. I do NOT like the 6 sided ring. It just looks so stupid and wrestling rings should all have 4 sides IMO.

The booking of TNA is so lame. Last week we saw 2 title changes, one of them was Petey winning the X division championship because he cashed in a briefcase(sound familiar) not long after receiving it.

Dont even get me started on the Tag team title change. Seriously what the hell where they thinking. I like Super Eric, but jesus christ even I know he is Eric Young and Ive only been watching for 3 weeks!!

The WWE would never vacate the titles over a stupid decision like the TNA tag team titles. I betya A.J and Tomko will probably win the titles back just to shit me off even more.

The amount of gimmicks in Tna is ridiculous. The first Impact I saw, was pretty crap and I could not believe how many wrestlers have masks, fake guitars etc.

However, I watch Impact mainly because of the quality wrestling the show provides week in, week out. There are truly gifted wrestlers in TNA which include: Angle, LAX, Motor City Machine Guns, Styles, Christian, Samoa Joe, Sting and many more.

The Tna fans within the Impact Zone(if thats what its called) are stupid. They just randomly chant "TNA, TNA, TNA" and other stupid chants. I find this to be very annoying at times but there isnt much you can do as the fans paid for their tickets and have the right to do whatever they want.

However, I still prefer WWE over TNA. The WWE doesnt have lame booking(for most of the time), lame promos, lame gimmicks unlike TNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back