• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[UnOfficial] WWE vs. TNA Thread - New one active

WWE or TNA?

• WWE

• TNA

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TNA needs to stop trying to book for the Lil kids, and book for the late teens and Adults, ok WWE book for lil kids but thats because you see lil kids there, they do watch it and buy the merchandise, but in TNA have you ever once seen a kid say 11 or 12 at a PPV or an iMPACT event? I havent. TNA needs to just get serious and attract the older generation that actually watches Spike TV. Bin Shark Boy and Curry Man who completely destroyed any credibility Team 3D once had. And focus on the X Division and any wrestlers that appeals to older fans. And some one plese fire Russo, Tenay, and Don West!

1) They need to change the atmostphere. Bigger arena, squared circle, a heel anouncer, etc..
2) To quote Eric Bishoff: "If you want to beat the WWE you have to be different than the WWE."
3) Create A Saturday Morning Show for Kids-- the younger audience is more suceptible to believing that wrestling is real. This could be beneficial.
4) The TV Guide Reads: "TNA Impact!" WTF is that? Ti*s and A*S make an Impact??? WTF is TNA???? The TV listing should read TNA Wrestling!. How the fuc* are former and current wrestling fans supposed to know that another wrestling company is in the making if they dont' advertise the show properly.

Most Importantly, TNA has the best talent, and has some very creative storylines. But they have virtually no clue how to market or attract new viewers.

Look at what WCW did: They took the classic good vs. evil approach and created a villian... the NWO.... and created a "real life" super hero... STING... to feud with one another (I sincerely think that it is reasonable to say that if it had not been for the Sting Character and the NWO... WCW would have been nothing). This is just one example of taking advantage of the pop cultures current fad (super hero vs. villian) and incorporating that into their storylines. I have yet to see TNA do anything like this.

I love TNA and would hate to see it go out of business.... but if they don't make a drastic change in their appearance and business strategy soon.. then I think the inevitable result is going to be TNA OUT OF BUSINESS -- Smackdown and ECW may not be too far behind either.. ECW before TNA frankly.

Lol. ECW may go out of bussiness but smackdown. LMAO. IMO wwe smackdown is the best show wwe has. And if smackdown is able to pull 2.8, 2.9 and sometimes 3.0 on friday nights, how can you say they are on there way out of business lol. They also stay puttin on good shows every friday, not to mention sell out big a$$ areans all the time TNA pulls a 1.0 or 1.1 and has been around for about six years now. If tna was able to pull people like angle, booker, christian, etc... from wwe and cant do no better then a 1.1 weekly, they may be on the verge of going out of business.

Lol. ECW may go out of bussiness but smackdown. LMAO. IMO wwe smackdown is the best show wwe has. And if smackdown is able to pull 2.8, 2.9 and sometimes 3.0 on friday nights, how can you say they are on there way out of business lol. They also stay puttin on good shows every friday, not to mention sell out big a$$ areans all the time TNA pulls a 1.0 or 1.1 and has been around for about six years now. If tna was able to pull people like angle, booker, christian, etc... from wwe and cant do no better then a 1.1 weekly, they may be on the verge of going out of business.

TNA is still new. I don't blame them for getting the ratings they get, but in no means necessary are TNA close to going out of business. TNA is still building their fanbase. It's harder for them as they don't have the name exposure. If you ask a non-wrestling fan what TNA is, they probably will not know. If you ask the same type of person what WWE is, they will know. That's because WWE's name is launched everywhere, and TNA is still too green to afford such commerciality.

Since when is a rise in the ratings a sign of a company going out of business. TNA's ratings have improved, and often enough they beat out ECW's ratings. Which in my opinion, doesn't look like a show that is going out of business. It's quite a success as to how TNA manages to beat ECW in the ratings, some weeks. TNA has no where to go, but up they have the talent, and it's only up to the creative team. I can bet the by the end of the decade TNA will be getting 2.0 ratings.

The booking and show has definitely changed since when I began watching (when it was on Friday afternoons on some random channel). It seems to me there isn't a focus on wrestling or the X Division / Tag Division anymore.

TNA was unique because they actually cared about their titles. Now, like the original poster said, the tag team division has gone dry.

I'm also a bit tired of AJ being a goof. He needs to become a big time fan favorite again and be one of the faces of the company. As does Joe. He needs to turn into the old Taz of ECW, where the fans love him and he is just a machine (and no more dancers please!)

The run-ins, weekly brawls out of hand brawls between the same guys, ref bumps, and ridiculous gimmick matches need to go. Despite what anybody wants to tell me, Vince Russo has his fingerprints all over these shows. It feels like he is still trying to create that old "crash tv" he brought to WCW when they were on their death bed.

Lastly, the commentating needs to change. The constant yelling gives me a headache on a weekly basis. Put Don West in the backstage role and Mike Tenay as "the professor" (ala WCW) again. Have Kevin Nash and Jim Cornette be your two commentators and ta da!

I love TNA and want them to compete and hopefully one day overtake WWE, but I just have a lot of problems with the product right now.

I have no problem with TNA watsoever but even though tna is just starting they should be doing way better then ECW they have most of the Ex WWE wrestlers and the thing is that TNA likes to shoot at WWE whitch theres no reason to do that kind of spoof. eventually they will get big but will never beat or overcome WWE.

i do agree Don West is really annoying. Maybe the reason A.J is still bad is because they need angle to help make him into a bigger star and they need A.J to make tomko into a bigger star.

Tna just needs to weed out the crappy wrestlers and stop making pointless matches. Tna ppv wasn't bad compared to The Royal Rumble 2008 and predictable No Way Out. I have no issue yet with Tna cuz
1. No John Cena , hhh, batista 2 out of 3 of them can't wrestle and the other one is a vagina .
2.No long boring story base match with bad wrestlers(kennedy and hardy perfect example and no jumping off like a stunt man doesn't make you good in any way.)

Tna needs sting back and maybe a shelton or a CM Punk . I'd love to see punk and styles go at it or morrison and styles.
Samoa joe is great but that main event at the last ppv was bad not cuz of him mainly cuz Kevin Nash blows and needs to give it up already . He did like 4 moves at most and stood around looking lost and out of place. ( I'd would of rather seen a handicap match if that was the case.

What TNA needs to do is add more sides to their ring.

But no, seriously, TNA sucks. It's been awful for a long time now. Samoa Joe is a joke and one of the sloppiest wrestlers around right now. AJ Styles' whole routine is corny and embarassing. The Steiners needed to retire, like, 3 years ago. Curry Man and Black Reign are just plain bad. Bringing back Bob Armstrong was an awful move. And Mike Tenay and Don West: worst announcing team since the days of WCW.

There's only a few guys in TNA I really like anymore: Jay Lethal, Sonjay, Christian Cage, and Abyss. But we don't see nearly enough of them.

Every time that I've turned on TNA recently, I'm usually forced to turn it off within a half an hour. Enough said.

Im a solid WWE Fan, TNA in my opinion has lost loads of momentum, i use to remember when AJ Styles was a gr8 champion now he is someones lappy, hes way better then that.

TNA promotions are of really poor quality, a promotion is meant to promote a match / fued / tag team etc all i hear is a guy shouting and boring the majority of sane fans.

There are a few wrestlers who i believe will do better in a a different promotion like WWE or ROH, guys like Motor City Machine Guns would have gr8 tag team success and get the respect and push they deserve if they were in WWE. AJ Styles would also get the same obviously his gimmick will have to be changed alone with samoe joe.

TNA need to hire some new younge blood in the creative team, the current team is just copying old WWE storylines they are simply pathetically trying to create the WWE Attitude Era for themselves (not working btw).

The X Division, i like these guys i think they are really talented (dis coming frm a wwe fan) but there matches are to prdictable, the craetive team has done a really bad job with this talented guys. The matchs are all tooo choriagraphed theres no realisum or anything rustic to sell the moves or injuries, WWE do this brilliantly in some of there matchs.

The Kurt / Karen Gimmick (completely rubbish compared to Stephanie and Trips) one ward explaIns this - AWFUL

sHARKbOY - cLAM jUICE - 3:16 Waist Coat - Who is this pathetic imbasil trying to foool

Mike Tenay and Don West - Plz Sack Them

One Final Note TNA need to stop relying on WWE Rejects they will neva make a promotion worth watching. TNA need to go into a another Mainstream I.e. mixing wrestlers with MMA style fighters the matches would be unique, the stars will be new and a different fan base will be created.

Think Outside the Box TNA

i think 2 of tna's biggest problems are mike tenay and don west.. they are horrible...stick them in the back of camera and replace them with two better commentators! don west screams to much and mike tenay is just as bad now as he was in wcw. tenay just doesnt reach out and grab me.. he's boring. he needs to study j.r !

The problem is it just plain sucks. From stupid storylines, gimmicks etc. (not just a tna problem) to some horrible matches. I don't know why they just didn't try to build from within and use non ex wwe wrestlers. It seems to me that they bring a new ex wwe wrestlers in, focus on him or her for maybe a month then its on to the next flavour.

One thing that pisses me off about TNA is that They depend on the Ex WWE Wrestlers to make there show big for example KURT ANGLE, BOOKER T, CHRISTAIN CAGE, and etc i mean you have great Wrestlers for example like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe who could be a Hulk Hogan or The Rock to TNA But from reading a Recent interview from Paul Heyman he summed up TNA by saying that you look at Samoa Joe and you say wow he is a great wrestler when is he gonna be on WWE they just need to Make Wrestlers other then Ex WWE Wrestlers big again and make people wanna watch them and JUST SAY HOLY SHIT WWE Is gonna have to do a Great RAW or SmackDown to beat TNA Show tonight

Another thing is Health Issues Kurt Angle Left WWE Cause of HEALTH and Family Problems but unfortunately TNA Could careless about Kurt Angle Health making him hold all the titles in TNA and defending them all in one night and plus thery're rumors going around saying TNA gives there Superstars Steroids My Friend looked somthing up on Beth Phoenix she used to be an ex TNA Superstar and it said they gave her Steroids it just goes to Show you WWE Cares more about there Superstars then TNA they have a strict Policy i mean they just gave Jeff Hardy a 60 day suspension Cause of him failing a Drug Test and people are saying he is in rehab today and they released and suspended other Stars to for failing Drug Test but yet TNA gives they're Superstars Roids

another thing that pisses me off about TNA is they are ripping at WWE To much if you go on youtube and type in Mcmahon Parody they will show a spoof on Vince they did they have Rhino Rip on Vince mcmahon so much and then He rips on ECW They are having Kurt Angle Rip on Vince and WWE to from a recent interview it SUCKS WWE DOSEN'T CARE ABOUT YOU TNA JUST TAKE CARE OF UR BUISNESS AND GET FANS TO ACTUALLY WATCH UR SHOW GET RID OF THE DUMBASS SHARKBOY GIMMICK IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE AND ACTUALLY WIN A MATCH cause if it was up to WWE they would rip TNA A NEW ASSHOLE AND BUY THEM JUST LIKE THEY BOUGHT WCW and ECW

That's all i can think about now but i have lots more to say expect a part 2

TNA Promos compared to WWE Suck TNA make it sound like they are reading off a script and they have so much WWE sayings and stuff in them it's ashame it's almost like TNA is trying to use WWE Promos to improve theres they have so much little Itsy bitsy Crap that shouldn't even be there like it can be a Christain Cage Promo and here comes out of no where a little midget or a TNA Superstar it's gets on my nerve just deletes the whole purpose TNA WORK ON UR PROMOS AND ORIGNIALTY

TNA ANNOUNCERS ARE OBNOXIOUS OMG THEY YELL THROUGHOUT THERE WHOLE COMMENTATING HYPING UP LITTLE MOVES LIKE A SUPLEX OMG THAT WAS A MAGNIFICENT SUPLEX BUT WHEN IT COMES TO SOMTHING LIKE KURT ANGLE BELLY TO BELLYING CHRISTAIN CAGE OFF THE TOP OF THE CAGE THAT WAS A NICE BELLY TO BELLY I MEAN JUST LIKE ANOTHER PERSON I WOULD WATCH TNA FOR AN HALF AN HOUR AND TURN IT CAUSE I GET A HEADACHE I GO TO SLEEP DURING TNA AND WAKE UP NOT DISSAPPOINTED I MISSED IT AT ALL

THIS IS ALL I'M SAYING ABOUT TNA NOW

DUMB GIMMICKS
GET NEW COMMENTATING TEAM
STOP HYPING EX WWE WRESTLERS
DUMB STORYLINES

There are a few wrestlers who i believe will do better in a a different promotion like WWE or ROH, guys like Motor City Machine Guns would have gr8 tag team success and get the respect and push they deserve if they were in WWE. AJ Styles would also get the same obviously his gimmick will have to be changed alone with samoe joe.

I'm sorry to burst your rant bubble but the Motor City Machine Guns would never prosper in the WWE. Granted they are great performers & I love watching them. They are just too small for WWE's taste. See Paul London & Brian Kendrick. Such great talents, but poorly used. ROH would be a better alternative for them.

Smackdown is completely terrible. All you need to do is go to a Smackdown taping and listen to the fans to know that. I've been to a few Smackdown and Raw supershows and during, practically, the entire show the fans were chanting Smackdown Sucks, we want Raw! Because it does it is horrible. Vickie Guerroro couldn't act her way out of a paper bag and I'd rather listen to a college professor talk about the genetics of a worm than listen to the awful commentary on that show. In recent years the ratings for Smackdown have gone down and CW11 is about to let them go. They say it is because they are changing their image, but common sense dictates that if you have a show that is pulling in massive ratings for your network then you are going to keep them on your network, regardless of the genre. I doubt Smackdown will go completely off the air but I can only see their ratings falling more and more in the coming years unless they make some drastic changes in their product. Maybe they should move it to saturday morning where the elementary school kids will actually be entertained by it. Or they could move it up an hour, get rid of ECW, and make it a loyal companion to Raw. Drop the branding and make Smackdown into its original self again. A side-kick to raw.

ECW has completely disgraced the legacy of the true ECW. They have done nothing original and the only reason they get any ratings is because certain WWE fans aren't satisified with four hours of WWE television, so they watch it while cringing. ECW sucks and they should take it off the air and use their talent elsewhere.

The only good wrestling shows on TV are TNA and Raw. Plain and simple.

Smackdown is completely terrible. All you need to do is go to a Smackdown taping and listen to the fans to know that. I've been to a few Smackdown and Raw supershows and during, practically, the entire show the fans were chanting Smackdown Sucks, we want Raw! Because it does it is horrible. Vickie Guerroro couldn't act her way out of a paper bag and I'd rather listen to a college professor talk about the genetics of a worm than listen to the awful commentary on that show. In recent years the ratings for Smackdown have gone down and CW11 is about to let them go. They say it is because they are changing their image, but common sense dictates that if you have a show that is pulling in massive ratings for your network then you are going to keep them on your network, regardless of the genre. I doubt Smackdown will go completely off the air but I can only see their ratings falling more and more in the coming years unless they make some drastic changes in their product. Maybe they should move it to saturday morning where the elementary school kids will actually be entertained by it. Or they could move it up an hour, get rid of ECW, and make it a loyal companion to Raw. Drop the branding and make Smackdown into its original self again. A side-kick to raw.

ECW has completely disgraced the legacy of the true ECW. They have done nothing original and the only reason they get any ratings is because certain WWE fans aren't satisified with four hours of WWE television, so they watch it while cringing. ECW sucks and they should take it off the air and use their talent elsewhere.

The only good wrestling shows on TV are TNA and Raw. Plain and simple.

So, you're saying that Smackdown sucks, and RAW, and TNA are better. No way is TNA even close to being better than Smackdown. There's really no need for me to explain why, and how Smackdown is better than TNA. As for RAW, RAW's only better than Smackdown 'entertainment' wise. By that I mean; RAW is filled with promos, commercials, hypes, and stuff like that. For the two hours they have, they probably use only 30-40 minutes of it on wrestling. Smackdown is the other way around, Smackdown provides more wrestling than promos. How can you call yourself a wrestling fan, if you prefer wrestling shows that have less wrestling. As for the ratings part, sure Smackdowns ratings fell, but so did RAW's. Ever since the Attitude Era for RAW the ratings rarely venture of 4.0.

Take out ECW? As much as I think ECW is a waste, and is killing the legacy of the original ECW. I do not think they should take it out. What would WWE do with the extra wrestlers, they would end up jobbers, or HEAT bound. WWE needs ECW to test things out, and to give some of Smackdown's wrestlers a chance to wrestle, and give ECW's wrestler a place to be. As long as ECW keeps pitching 1.0 and higher they're in no danger of being taken out.

What TNA needs to do is add more sides to their ring.

But no, seriously, TNA sucks. It's been awful for a long time now. Samoa Joe is a joke and one of the sloppiest wrestlers around right now. AJ Styles' whole routine is corny and embarassing. The Steiners needed to retire, like, 3 years ago. Curry Man and Black Reign are just plain bad. Bringing back Bob Armstrong was an awful move. And Mike Tenay and Don West: worst announcing team since the days of WCW.

There's only a few guys in TNA I really like anymore: Jay Lethal, Sonjay, Christian Cage, and Abyss. But we don't see nearly enough of them.

Every time that I've turned on TNA recently, I'm usually forced to turn it off within a half an hour. Enough said.

I'm going to dissagree with you all over the board. Tna dosen't suck its writers do, hrrm lets see we have glen however you spell his name russo, and more. Tna has loads of new tallent, Curryman included.

I think scott can still carry a story line but thats must imo, And ware do you get off saying joe is a sloppy wrestler? It seems to me that even on their best days most wrestlers can blow a move or two.

On Aj's routine i'll agree with you im sick of him being heel. Personally the only thing this man needs to be assoiated with heel is... his pele kick.

And tna just needs to quit bringing in useless fired wwe tallent and shooting them strait to top status... lets take a look at the ones that they hired.

Team 3d and runt. Runt had imo no good matches and just brought down abyss with his final fude, and for team 3d just please throw in the hat your old and youve wone like every tagg title you can. Just retire to your bingohall and whatch tv in your recliners.
Raven- I love what the dude did in wwe and ecw but thoes days are over the last time I saw you in the ring I thought to myself, damn the camera does really add 10 ... or 20 pounds.
Jeff Hardy- a druged out spot jockey from wwe who just sort of dropped out of sight. Then went back to wwe only to be suspended twice!
Shannon more- What the hell did this guy do? he wrestled like 2 matches and held up a damn sign!
And the list could keep going on and on but i'll stop laying into tna's hiring skills.

So, you're saying that Smackdown sucks, and RAW, and TNA are better. No way is TNA even close to being better than Smackdown. There's really no need for me to explain why, and how Smackdown is better than TNA.

There most certainly is a need for you to explain your position if you are going to take one.

As for RAW, RAW's only better than Smackdown 'entertainment' wise. By that I mean; RAW is filled with promos, commercials, hypes, and stuff like that. For the two hours they have, they probably use only 30-40 minutes of it on wrestling. Smackdown is the other way around, Smackdown provides more wrestling than promos.

Good because that is what made wrestling entertaining during the Monday Night War Days. Although debatable, I really think that a strong case can be made that the storylines and the "drama" is what made WCW and WWE big during that era. NOT THE WRESTLING!

How can you call yourself a wrestling fan, if you prefer wrestling shows that have less wrestling.

Because what I am watching is not wrestling it is wrastlin. The illusion of a fight. Furthermore, I do enjoy the portrayal of fighting that TNA produces. It is actually amazing and their wrestling is 100X better than any WWE show. The X-Division is simply amazing. A four year old could see how fake WWE looks.

As for the ratings part, sure Smackdowns ratings fell, but so did RAW's. Ever since the Attitude Era for RAW the ratings rarely venture of 4.0.

Yes, which is a clear indication that they will continue to fall unless they make some sort of drastic change.

Take out ECW? As much as I think ECW is a waste, and is killing the legacy of the original ECW. I do not think they should take it out. What would WWE do with the extra wrestlers, they would end up jobbers, or HEAT bound. WWE needs ECW to test things out, and to give some of Smackdown's wrestlers a chance to wrestle, and give ECW's wrestler a place to be.

This is fair enough but they shouldn't call it ECW. They should call it something else.

As long as ECW keeps pitching 1.0 and higher they're in no danger of being taken out.

I believe Sci-fi is in the process of doing just that.

There most certainly is a need for you to explain your position if you are going to take one.

First of all Smackdown is way higher in the ratings than TNA. I know you'll probably reply saying that Smackdown is a part of WWE, but Smackdown has actually been on the airs only three years before TNA, so there's not much of a difference. Smackdown has stars that draw more than the entire TNA roster. Yes, I believe that Undertaker, and Edge draw better than let's say Kurt Angle, and Samoa Joe.

Good because that is what made wrestling entertaining during the Monday Night War Days. Although debatable, I really think that a strong case can be made that the storylines and the "drama" is what made WCW and WWE big during that era. NOT THE WRESTLING!

I never said that you should completely boycot the storylines/drama, but as a wrestling fan you shouldn't enjoy the drama more than the wrestling. If you do, you might as well tune into General Hospital or the Young & the Restless (soap operas).

Because what I am watching is not wrestling it is wrastlin. The illusion of a fight. Furthermore, I do enjoy the portrayal of fighting that TNA produces. It is actually amazing and their wrestling is 100X better than any WWE show. The X-Division is simply amazing. A four year old could see how fake WWE looks.

This is truning into a TNA VS. WWE thread, but whatever. Well that's just an opinion, one fan will say WWE is better, and watch WWE, and another fan will say TNA is better, and watch TNA.

Yes, which is a clear indication that they will continue to fall unless they make some sort of drastic change.

I admit, WWE needs a mjor shakeup.

This is fair enough but they shouldn't call it ECW. They should call it something else.

If they call it something else they will lose a vast majority of viewers, and end up like Velocity. I think WWE changing ECW's name would be a very stupid thing. They would lose a huge amount of viewership.

I believe Sci-fi is in the process of doing just that.

ECW is actually one of Sci-Fi's highest rated shows in it's time slot.

First of all Smackdown is way higher in the ratings than TNA. I know you'll probably reply saying that Smackdown is a part of WWE, but Smackdown has actually been on the airs only three years before TNA, so there's not much of a difference. Smackdown has stars that draw more than the entire TNA roster. Yes, I believe that Undertaker, and Edge draw better than let's say Kurt Angle, and Samoa Joe.

The Undertaker and Edge are probably the only thing Smackdown has going for them but the Undertaker is getting too old to go on and Edge is being hurt by the worst actress in WWE history. Kurt Angle, Booker T, Sting, Christian Cage, Scott Steiner, Team 3D, VKM, Rhyno, AJ Styles, Somoa Joe, The entire X-Division, are just a few of the stars TNA has, who are far better star power than anyone on the Smackdown roster besides Undertaker, Edge, Mysterio, and Bastita (all of whom are either burned out or suck).

As for Smackdown being on the air only three years before TNA... You clearly need to do your homework. Sure TNA has been around for only three years less than the Smackdown, but not TNA Impact! TNA Impact! has only been on since October 1, 2005. Smackdown has been on since 1999. So I believe you have confused TNA's launch with TNA's television debut.

I never said that you should completely boycot the storylines/drama, but as a wrestling fan you shouldn't enjoy the drama more than the wrestling. If you do, you might as well tune into General Hospital or the Young & the Restless (soap operas).

And I never implied that you did. "As a wrestling fan you shouldn't enjoy the drama more than wrestling." When you get to be twenty-two and no what is real and what is not... in ring wrestling has little to offer compared to good entertainment. Wrestling is far more than what goes on in the ring. Furthermore, the WWE wrestling sucks anyway. TNA is far better. Also, how many times can I watch the same matches over and over again. WWE has the same freakin matches every week, none of which are jaw dropping. TNA, on the other hand, has some of the coolest matches around. Elevation X is insane. They also have different matches every week. Petey Williams' the canadian destroyer is probably the coolest move in wrestling history. WTF does WWE offer? They don't even do pile-drivers anymore.

This is truning into a TNA VS. WWE thread, but whatever. Well that's just an opinion, one fan will say WWE is better, and watch WWE, and another fan will say TNA is better, and watch TNA.

I think this whole topic is deeper than TNA vs. WWE but has to do with the publics decline of interest in wrestling. Wrestling is not popular anymore. People, for the past ten years, have been more interested in reality TV. Maybe WWE needs make their show appear more like a realty show. Also, with the growing fan base for MMA, it is hard to see how WWE's actual wrestling is going to attract any new viewers. Simply speaking, the fans have gotten a lot smarter than twenty years ago.

The arguable-reason that wrestling was so sucessful in the monday night war days was because the organizations took advantage of certain niches in society during the time. Their storylines were certainly the major reason otherwise they'd still be doing great today. Although it is debatable, I believe WCW would have made little impact if it had not been for the NWO storyline. They created a "real life" villian (NWO) and a "real life" super-hero (Sting). WWE created played on the typical rebellious teenager attitude to put over Austin and DX.

What are they doing today? What are the publics favorite "fads" today?
I don't think WWE or TNA is playing on anything that the major television audience is interested in right now.

I admit, WWE needs a mjor shakeup.

Lets hope it happens, for wrestlings sake.

If they call it something else they will lose a vast majority of viewers, and end up like Velocity. I think WWE changing ECW's name would be a very stupid thing. They would lose a huge amount of viewership.

Anyone who watches ECW because they think it is actually ECW, was never a true ECW fan. I for one wasn't an ECW fan but I certainly no that this bull shit that is on sci-fi every tuesday night is not ECW!

ECW is actually one of Sci-Fi's highest rated shows in it's time slot.

(Where is the reference?)

Assuming that you are right, I'd say thats because it is the Sci-Fi network. The majority of television viewers do not watch Sci-Fi. I for one love Sci-Fi and think that it is insulting to have ECW on the network. It needs to be moved to another network as well.

The Undertaker and Edge are probably the only thing Smackdown has going for them but the Undertaker is getting too old to go on and Edge is being hurt by the worst actress in WWE history. Kurt Angle, Booker T, Sting, Christian Cage, Scott Steiner, Team 3D, VKM, Rhyno, AJ Styles, Somoa Joe, The entire X-Division, are just a few of the stars TNA has, who are far better star power than anyone on the Smackdown roster besides Undertaker, Edge, Mysterio, and Bastita (all of whom are either burned out or suck).

I'm talking about drawing ability not wrestling ability. The Undertaker can draw better than anyone on the current TNA roster. The X-Division does not draw better than the likes of Rey Mysterio, Edge, Undertaker, or even Batista. I'd say the only person that may draw better than some of the top stars on Smackdown is Kurt Angle, but he is a former WWE star.

As for Smackdown being on the air only three years before TNA... You clearly need to do your homework. Sure TNA has been around for only three years less than the Smackdown, but not TNA Impact! TNA Impact! has only been on since October 1, 2005. Smackdown has been on since 1999. So I believe you have confused TNA's launch with TNA's television debut.

I'm sorry, that was my mistake.

And I never implied that you did. "As a wrestling fan you shouldn't enjoy the drama more than wrestling." When you get to be twenty-two and no what is real and what is not... in ring wrestling has little to offer compared to good entertainment. Wrestling is far more than what goes on in the ring. Furthermore, the WWE wrestling sucks anyway. TNA is far better. Also, how many times can I watch the same matches over and over again. WWE has the same freakin matches every week, none of which are jaw dropping. TNA, on the other hand, has some of the coolest matches around. Elevation X is insane. They also have different matches every week. Petey Williams' the canadian destroyer is probably the coolest move in wrestling history. WTF does WWE offer? They don't even do pile-drivers anymore.

It depends. I admit that WWE's wrestling quality has been pretty bad as of late, but so has TNA's. TNA's wrestling isn't what it used to be. Neither is WWE's. Then you go saying how TNA has better wrestling, but you're listing gimmick matches, not normal/single matches. WWE's gimmick matches (in my opinion) are far superior to those of TNA. For example; Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble, Hell in a Cell, Ladder match. I could keep going on and on.

What do you mean WWE doesn't let piledrivers anymore. What do you base this on? If you watch WWE you would know. Trevor Murdoch has pulled of a few 'Canadian Destroyers'. So, give me facts if you're giving information like that.

I think this whole topic is deeper than TNA vs. WWE but has to do with the publics decline of interest in wrestling. Wrestling is not popular anymore. People, for the past ten years, have been more interested in reality TV. Maybe WWE needs make their show appear more like a realty show. Also, with the growing fan base for MMA, it is hard to see how WWE's actual wrestling is going to attract any new viewers. Simply speaking, the fans have gotten a lot smarter than twenty years ago.

The arguable-reason that wrestling was so sucessful in the monday night war days was because the organizations took advantage of certain niches in society during the time. Their storylines were certainly the major reason otherwise they'd still be doing great today. Although it is debatable, I believe WCW would have made little impact if it had not been for the NWO storyline. They created a "real life" villian (NWO) and a "real life" super-hero (Sting). WWE created played on the typical rebellious teenager attitude to put over Austin and DX.

What are they doing today? What are the publics favorite "fads" today?
I don't think WWE or TNA is playing on anything that the major television audience is interested in right now.

I agree, WWE & TNA are both not doing what the fans want, but it's not thir fault. With the recent decline in wrestling, the 'sports entertainment' business s going to need a mojor change. But that won't happen because it's too hard. Don't keep going back to the Attitude Era. The era is over, this is the present. And (in my opinion) the WWE will neve get the ratings they used to get during that era.

I don't think focusing on MMA would be a good idea, as MMA and pro wrestling are two completely different things.

Anyone who watches ECW because they think it is actually ECW, was never a true ECW fan. I for one wasn't an ECW fan but I certainly no that this bull shit that is on sci-fi every tuesday night is not ECW!

WWE won't do that because they don't give a shit about the original ECW diehards. I know there is nothing extreme about ECW nowadays, but with WWE losing the name, they would also lose alot of viewers.

I gotta agree with pretty much everyone here. Tna could be a great a great rival to wwe, and get vince off his ass to make a good show again at the same time. They just need to use there own talent and quit spending all there money wwe's dead weight. Yeah christian was a great pull for them(until whatever idiot decided to make him a babyface that is), but since then its been nothing but sh@t.

The commentators make or break the show, J.R. has made countless wrestlers. Who in the hell let these guys from tna on television? ever heard a child pretenting to wrestle,or play any sport and commentate for themselves? Thats exactly what these idiots sound like!

As far as Somao Joe first for the person that said Somao Joe couldn't wrestle... You are on the wrong website! You need to go over to tna.com, or wwe.com and read there articles because they are there for you! and the fact that your comeback for the other person was a spelling error proves that point, Come on a spelling error so what! Its a forum. I'm really not trying to be mean, or start a web argument but you don't have a clue! but obviously TNA doesn't either because Somao Joe should have been the holding that title a long time ago. I have no idea why they haven't lost him to wwe.

The fact is Jeff Jarret could have been a big star in pro-wrestling but he just didn't get it. So how is he going to this? What irratates me the most is its just a few things that need to be changed, and they are all so damn obvious. I'm willing to bet that 90% of us that watch tna are just watching it because we just want anything to step up against wwe!

Do you think they should split up the announce teams? By that i mean have two tv shows. Xplosion on the weekends, and Impact on Thursdays. Impact should be Scott Hudson play by play ( i cant believe i typed that), Mike Tenay color/pbp, and Kevin Nash color/comedy. Xposion should be Don West pbp, James Mitchell heel color.

I gotta say i dont like people saying TNA will never ever go head to head with the WWE. Thats just lame. TNA is going on 6 years. How many years has the WWF/E been around. Thats just unfair. Heres a question? How can TNA wrestling be taken seriously on a network that is all about UFC/mma/shootfighting? How can TNA be given the extra push? Everyone says they have a great relationship with Spike, but i dont know about that.

personally i used 2 watch tna but i cant stand it anymore
i mean they have very few original charcters i.e. samoa joe
most of their top stars r either former wwe wrestlers or wwF ripoffs i.e. Kurt Angle, Stone Co--Shark Boy, and Black Machismo Jay Lethal
in most of their matches it is boring, non-interesting wrestling with too many meaningless high-spots
although i will say tna does have some very intersting storylines and ways to develop charcters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back