WWE or TNA?

• WWE

• TNA

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I said title match I meant for the WWE Title. WWE has destroyed the Intercontinental title. It has not been defended at at least half the PPVs recently. It has very little value right now. That could change, but as of now it means very little.
If you remember, when Bischoff announced that a title change was going to happen on RAW, people tuned in. That was one of the definitive moments that changed the tone of the monday night wars. I was not trying to say that defending the title on Impact makes it prestigious, I am just saying that having title matches and the chance of a title chang on free tv occasionally is a nice touch.
I will admit that I am a huge fan of the Edge/Undertaker feud, and from what I have read and heard, the matches are amazing. However, other than that, what other good feuds or great matches are there on Smackdown? MVP, in my opinion, is horribly misused, and the U.S Title is really not much more valuable than the Intercontinetal Title. Remember when MVP and Hardy had the series of contests to determine who was better? My point about Batista is that he is not as good as he once was.
ECW was good when they first brought it back. I will admit that I am very biased from watching some of the old school ECW matches. Having Kane as a champion is a mistake in my opinion. They need to develop guys that have only been on ECW, like Elijah Burke or Kofi Kingston, and make them champion. Maybe the addition of Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne will help.
I do agree that there are too many gimmicks in TNA, but if you look past all that you will find there are a lot better matches.

There was a WWE title match on raw right after Triple H won the belt, if you remember William Regal cut it short on T.V. and so on. That was a nicething to see, and I agree that seeing title matches on t.v. is great. I also agree that the I.C. has been greatly greatly devalued and that happened around the attitude era and hasn't changed. Recently Chris Jericho announced that he is going to start defending it all the time so we will probably be seeing that more often which is a good thing. I think that Jericho having the title is a push in the rebuilding direction for the title.

I am only sorry that you haven't seen the Undertaker/Edge matches. They are unbelievable. At One Night Stand, Undertaker went through 4 tables at once, now that was crazy. They used ladders quite a bit and chairs were involved some but not as much. They put on the best match either of them has had for a while.

Smackdown I think is in a rebuilding stage, I think they have realized that they need to do better with it and are making their way towards that. You make good points though. I am not really a fan of MVP I think the misuse of him is useing him at all, I think he is more over rated than Samoa Joe, sure he is a loud mouth and acts like he's bad but that doesn't make him good or the next Rock as some have said to me he is. He looks to me like he belongs in an accounting firm some where crunching numbers. The guy I think needs to get more tv time is John Morrison. He has more talent in the ring and on the mic than most of these guys in the company period, if you give him the chance. He has had his I.C. and tag team runs and is on one now but I think he could be a main eventer with a little time. Batista, I agree is not as good as he was but even being not as good as he was is still good enough to demolish anyone in TNA with the acception of maybe Nash, I have a soft spot for him, I consider him a WWE/WCW guy no matter what. As for the rest they have Jesse and Festus which is pretty funny to watch, Deuce and Domino are pretty solid wrestlers wich good gimmicks, I like the whole greaser thing. Then you have Jimmy Wang Yangwho is a great performer, and Finlay. Don't forget either that Rey Mysterio is on Smackdown, he's injured right now but is stil a smackdown guy. They have the tools they just need to use them.

You've got a nice point about Kofi Kingston and Burke they are good but the only thing is that they have to go over with the crowd and if the crowd isn't buying it then WWE aint supplying it. Unfortunatley it's not all about talent in ring it's all around but I will admit this Kofi Kingston guy has got it in the ring really good, I think he needs a better finisher though. Why not put someone like Tommy Dreamer up? He's established, an origional, and he can wrestle, and he can talk on the stick. I thought RVD was the perfect guy fro ECW too bad he's not around. Mayy Sydall is actually from here in DesMoines, Iowa. He wrestled for a group called 3XW and started working the indy circuit more from there, his brother is wrestling for 3XW too currently. Check them out on YouTube, it's pretty good.

TNA does have some, and I emphasize Some good matches. But I think they really need some new writers, a new set, and a new champion. I don't buy Samoa Joe for one second, I think he's horrible all around and needs to go back to the Isle of Somoa. When they want to, the X-Division guys can put on spectacular matches but they don't do it enough. I am sure you could agree that they have really been screwing the X-division up bad. On a final note. I think A.J. Styles is the most talented guy in the company.

I'm a huge fan of both promotions. It goes Raw then Impact in things I have to watch. Impact is such a difference to WWE, and it breathes a breathe of fresh air into wrestling.

WWE need to fear TNA, because even though their ratings aren't exactly threatening now, I have a feeling that one day the ratings will shoot up and WWE will wonder what has hit them. WWE underestimate TNA hugely at the moment and it could cost them in the future.

All right Overkill, you're wrong. Here's why....

1. Since you say TNA is cheesy, you must mean WWE isn't, as you do nothing but slurp them. How was any of the Hornswoggle bullshit not cheesy? Trevor Murdoch singing isn't hokey, is it? WWE is just as capable of being ******ed as TNA, or you. Let's examine these superior storylines. Booker T is trying to be champ because he has been mistreated by TNA. The fans anger him, management angers him, his locker room smells like piss. He challenges Samoa Joe so he can be respected as the all time great that he is. Conversely, WWE's top storyline is John Cena wants the belt because he wants it. That sure is superior writing.

Overkill mouthfarted:

I watch TNA but I don't really enjoy it that much. I don't want to watch a show with a bunch of guys who left WWE and a bunch of others who couldn't work the schedule WWE does.

Why would you watch something you don't enjoy. Are you a masochist? I think Rosie O'Donell is stupid so I don't watch her. I hate stupid made up drama, so I don't watch the hills. If you were lactose intolerant would you drink milk just so you could complain about how much you hate milk? I have no respect for your intelligence. Your rambling posts make about as much sense as that last statement. If you don't like it, don't watch.

3. So you don't like Samoa Joe? I get that you think he's fat. You obviously like more attractive men. You must be a 14 year old girl who like John Cena. I hear he's HOTT!!!! I happen to think that he has a bigger moveset than most of the top guys in WWE. Plus, the entire IWC seems to put him in every match of the year candidate. You have a right to your opinion, and I have a right to think you're an idiot.

4. The X Division is a lame gimmick? It exists solely to keep similarly talented wrestlers in matches against each other. Styles make fights. Khali vs. Morrison would suck balls. The X division keeps Petey Williams fighting Kaz and gives a perfect reason to keep Judas Messias from involving himself with athletes. Having the X and Heavyweight divisions seperate also helped establish Kurt Angle as the best all around wrestler in the business. HE held all the titles at the same time. HHH could only wrestle a cruiser in a squash, Kurt can mix it up with a cruiser. Furhtermore, the X division is a great proving ground for gimmicks. You can take a character, ramp up his intensity and have him go after the "B" belt, before moving him up, i.e. Kaz. That division serves so many purposes, I almost forgot to mention that the matches are damn entertaining. Then again, you aree a 14 year old female John Cena fan, so you want your guy to get beat down, and then miraculously find the strength the do all four of his moves in a 45 second span and win.

5. With the exception of Jeff Hardy, Kennedy, and a couple of guys, TNA wrestlers put on much better matches. Of course you think that the Edge Taker TLC is a classic because Taker went through four tables. What happened the rest of that match? Punch, ladder shot, kick, punch, punch, kick. Watch a TNA match, there are more moves than two kicks and a clothesline, unlike CM Punk, who sucks balls.

6. So TNA never puts their top guys on TV? Was Joe not in a title match against Kaz on the same night that AJ and Kurt fought? Christian is in a match almost every week. I'm done with this.

7. I was going to quote you, but I can't read all your crap again, so you said that you want to see matches between guys in programs that further the storyline. That is a wonderful idea. PPV buyrates be damned!!!! Who would pay to see these matches when your dumbass wants to put them on free TV? And since WWE does such a great job of that according to you, why was Cena in a street fight with Umaga? Does that further his story with HHH? And I am a Jeff Hardy fan, but why is he standing victorious as Cena and HHH are laid out? What sense does that make? I'm sure you'll tell me, but I'll preempt that by saying you're wrong. Whatever nonsense you say is wrong.

8. Please don't hold Batista up as an example of what's great about WWE.

I like both promotions. I watch them both weekly, and buy some of the PPV's. But for you to attack TNA as if it's shit is ******ed. You seriously hold WWE on a pedestal as if they do nothing wrong. Seriously, they have an overstuffed roster. They show their own rejects (Hacksaw) regularly on TV. Calling Kurt and Booker rejects is ******ed too. They were both at the top of the card when they left. Booker was in a program with HHH at the time of his departure.

Overkill continues to disgrace his family by saying:

You got a black guy acting like a former WWE/WCW wrestler Randy Savage, and another guy who's gimmick was never going over acting like Stone Cold Steve Austin which is a disgrace, the guru who is useless, who else is this wringling brothers show?...Oh yeah, another guy from WWE who played a gay actor and is now an even bigger joke Dustin Rhodes, Some guy who looks like Antonio Banderas who's outfit looks like it came off of a Metallica album(Kaz), Another guy who couldn't get over even with an amazing finisher who seems to be going through an identity crisis(Petey Williams), A drunk cowboy, two walking steroetypes(LAX), two nobody's with a **** who think their rock starts(Rock N' Rave) I'll give you two guesses who is the infection(Christy Hemme), Who else? we got Robert Roode who sucks is every aspect, Rellik who is ******ed, and oh yeah I almost forgot the real "special" one of the group..The total and blatant rip off of Kane and Mankind-Abyss. What a shitty character.

First of all, Jay Lethal's gimmick sucks. I agree. He's good in the ring though. Sharkboy sucks, but I'll take him over Funaki who still draws a WWE paycheck. Other than not knowing how to spell RINGLING BROTHERS, you just say people are stupid without backing it up, so.....

WWE is superior to TNA because LAX are stereotypes? Good thing Cryme Tyme aren't on WWE dumbass. Rock and Rave are two nobodies with a ****? Good thing WWE doesn't have Deuce and Domino and Maryse. Kaz sucks because his ring attire isn't to your liking? Hating people because of their clothes just furthers my point that you are a pre-pubescent girl. You said Petey Williams isn't over? Watch the Team Canada stuff and turn off the Sublime and put out your weed and listen to the crowd when he comes out. The guru is useless. I agree. Abyss moves as well as any bigman, and puts on great matches. He CARRIED Sting in a great match. Robert Roode has more moves than JBL, where's your attack for that scarecrow being at the top of the WWE card.

Look, I get it, you hate TNA. You watch it, but you hate it. I don't get that. Just get under your Ultimate Warrior sheets, tighten up your Hulkamaniac bandana, adjust your Mrs. Elizabeth panties and let the grownups (and HBK a-holic) talk.

fromthe south has made alota good points... i like the...

"Why would you watch something you don't enjoy. Are you a masochist? I think Rosie O'Donell is stupid so I don't watch her. I hate stupid made up drama, so I don't watch the hills. If you were lactose intolerant would you drink milk just so you could complain about how much you hate milk? I have no respect for your intelligence. Your rambling posts make about as much sense as that last statement. If you don't like it, don't "

but tna is not only a company with alot of old wwe wreslters they have new up in coming never ben seen on tv stars, and you say send taker triple h hbk to tna and see what happens your saying put wrestlers who've ben wreslting on the mainstream for what over 10 years... more than likely they'd win they have more experience, and wwe has alot of talent that isnt being used right or under-rated any1 know the guy thats ben voted most under-rated 3 years straight?

also yes tna has old wwe talent but a majority of them are those that were'nt being used right or used to their potnetial..those like who have good talent being used as jobbers elijah burke M.V.P. maybe? would you stay with a company that does that? lets say you work at mc donalds, youve ben there 5 yrs and 1 of the best workers there and want a promotion but not getting it but the managers daughters boyfriend or watever works there and and hasnt proven anything and is a manager in 6 months while you get a de-motion, would you stay with that business or go to 1 thatll use you to your best potential?

some wrestlers left from a budget cut others on good terms other where sick of the behind the scenes things some couldnt handle the work time some wrestlers on the TNA roster went there to work with/help out younger wreslters to try out new talent. booker was a star in wcw came to wwe playd the 5-time 5 time 5-time.... wcw champ thing for how long? then the godldust team up and the king bookah they used him as a joke became the world champ of smackdown the top dog of smackdown went to raw and got lost, christian we never got to see him shine in wwe

i dont like joe either but how many of wwe world champs suxed how many had no skill at all khali for example batista wwe pushes all the big power house wrestlers (triple h cena khali batista taker kane big show jbl ) but not the smaller 1s, 1s that have more than just strength tna has talent athelets they push their smaller divisions the knockout division not just eye candy like wwe wwe womans division has beth, mickie, natalya, victoria..thats it evebody else eye candy little wresling skill thier x-division shows off the smaller guys talent and puts them in matches against the bug guys and they dont job to them wwe criuser wheight division, is the jobbers division they dont show of their talent just have them get tossed round the ring
wwe cont. to have the same ppl fueding the same ppl in the main events its predictable

and for those that say look at the ratings, it is a time now that wrestling isnt as popular, and tna has only ben around for 6 years was wwe or wwf or better yet wwwf, was that a 3.0 rating when it 1st was astablished? no tna is a up and coming industry was ecw a high rating or 3.0 rating when was atablished in 1992 was wcw a high rated or 3.0 rating when was astablished in 1988? no they became suscessful over time

this was my 1st "argument" i guess is what its called so if its unclear or not justified enough its the inexperience

id also forgot to add although it already has ben said but wwe wanted to boost ratings, giving out money a cheap way to gain reatings but thats what they did and what happend ratings got lower? and also forgot to throw in when wwecw came aboard it was losing rating it prob. wouldnt even be on right now cause of its ratings (having the lowest ratings on ecw)if it wasnt for the talent exchange having it as its own show was a dumb idea to me after they saw the failure of it i would change the name some1 mentioned just calling it extreme but no i dont see tna competing with wwe right now no i dont see the monday night wars goin on right now but i do think in the future tna will be a challenge to wwe maybe they could compete with wwecw maybe or maybe even smackdown wwecw has gotten better il admit that and smackdown has had taker edge batista in the main event for 2 yrs now along with MVP jimmy wang yangi only see them as the brands only good performers (that they show) tna just got a 2 hr expansion starting to travel further a nice up coming promotion wwe has 3 televised 2 of them has 2 hrs 1 has 1 hr tna has but 1 televised show of 2hrs give it another year theyll have another show give it more years i see great competition

ok now thats all i gota say

Bonesz88 makes a pint TNA is still fairly new and over time they will get good ratings and its not like wwe pulling in any good ratings them damn selfs. I mean you don't see tna giving away money just to bring ratings up on a show no they have a thing called the world cup which is way more exciting then the million dollar giveaway.

Plus tna has better matches then wwe. Matchwise wwe is not better they have shitty matches most of the times all of them mostly being jobbed matches and bad matchups and also matches we seen 1000 times. TNA has better matches, they have different matchups mostly all the time and not the samething and they have better mainevents then wwe does. Not to mention tna has better women matches and i don't even have to go their cause you know the story on that one.

And don't get on tna writers cause wwe are not doing all that in that department either i mean they have the same stale boring storylines. So tna wins that also cause they have better storylines and not the same old shit all the damn time.

Also tna's titles mean more to them then wwe's titles do. TNA does a better job withtheir championship belts then what wwe does with them.

Reason why tna does not have good ratings is cause they are not a big name yet and on shitty spike tv. If they was a big name and on a good network tna would have better ratings then wwe cause their shows is better then wwe.

Only thing wwe is better then tna at is ratings and money thats all in time tna will get money and ratings they already better then wwe is right now. TNA has been better then wwe most of the past 7 years.

02 WWE, 03 TNA, 04 TNA, 05 TNA, 06 WWE, 07 TNA, 08 TNA. 5 out of 2 years tna has been better then wwe. Its true its damn ture. Ratings doesn't say it but the shows, storylines/feuds and matches say it all.

From the Raw Aftermath & Review thread. After reading it I came to the conclusion that Marty has no attention span.

Raw recaps: packages of Edge, lots of other stuff. FYI, I fast forwarded the ENTIRE show in 15 minutes because it was so long, tedious, boring, lame, cheesy, nothing interesting and full of boredom.

You fast forward the show because it's long, yet it's the same length as TNA. Ok so maybe it is tedious, boring, lame and nothing intresting happens. But that's probably true. But you also call it cheesy. You're a TNA fan. Now if there's one promotion out there that is positively Stilton. It's TNA.

Usually, I'd play the show if there was something I haven't seen before and see what happened. If there is interesting dramatic dialogue, I'll stay.

TNA dialogue is about as dramatic as Scary Movie dialogue. The only wrestler who really hams it up in WWE is Santino. But that's his role. Everybody in TNA does it. From the announcer, the refs, to the undercard and main event wrestlers.

Vickie Guerrero is in a wheelchair whining. I fast forwarded the dialogue.

So you haven't given it a chance?

CM Punk comes out as champion to pretty much no reaction, gets on the mic, says something boring. So I fast forward it.

How would you know if it's boring if you fast forward it?

I think all the other imbeciles come out too: meaning Cena, JBL, Batista.

Cena probably earns more in a year, than TNA as a whole company makes in yearly profit.

They talk about wrestling and their matches and after fast forwarding 20 minutes of boring footage, NO scuffles, no brawling, absolutely nothing.

So you like wrestlers to have essentially already had their match, just minus a pin fall, before they meet on PPV?

Kelly Kelly comes out to no reaction in a women's match that has Mickie James. I dont even know who won because I fast forwarded it nor do I care.

When she gets released I'm sure TNA will employ her. She'll get a reaction in TNA, everybody does.

They advertise a fatal-four way match with Cena (who is boring), Kane (who is lame), JBL (who is old, lame, cartoony, boring) and Batista (who can't cut a promo, looks like a dork, and is not interesting).

Cena who is boring, yet is currently the biggest wrestling star currently in the world. I think he's boring to you.

Kane is lame. But even as a mid card WWE guy, he's still more popular, and famous than Samoa Joe is.

JBL cartoony? In what way? It's the crown isn't it? Or the superhero cap.

Batistas physique is ridiculous.

Kolt kingstin or Kohi (someone corrected me after i saw a clip of experience and got his name wrong) beat some jobber.

Because TNA doesn't have jobbers?

I fast forwarded more and found that Kane was facing some jobber.. AFter playing I found out that the jobber was CM Punk.. Fast forwarding I see that CM won after a move. Not sure if there was any interference or not but CM Punk won th ematch as he had the belt still

That'll be the jobber thats currently on top of the biggest wrestling company in the world. Who TNA would snap up in an instant if he were to become available.

Rey Mysterio was facing this Santino guy. During the 15 minute countdown, they showed a clip. I have read a few posts on Santino being funny.. he was talking to Rey Mysterio. I stayed for a few minutes, got bored and fast forwarded the entire clip, and it ended up with them brawling. They wrestled. I dont know who won nor do I care.

So you can watch the same TNA match/angle every week. But you get bored throughout your first Raw show in 2 years?

Shawn Michaels comes out, talks a bit. Jericho comes out. This "might" be exciting. Jericho talks about a match or something... or HBK being washed up (i didn't catch it). I fast forwarded it and they just stared each other down. No entertainment value, dramatic value for me.

So you say it has no dramatic value. Ok I'll give you an example of a dramatic film. Brokeback Mountain. Everyone has at least heard of that. If you haven't see it. This ''drama'' is pretty much all talking. Talking adds a whole lot more drama to something than blowing up stuff. TNA's version of drama is to have Karen Angle split up with Kurt every few weeks. But it holds no dramatic weight because it always happens, and the outcome is always the same.

I'm probably not going to watch Raw ever again. It hasn't changed. It hasn't gotten drastically different or better and by reading the ratings, they have lost millions more since the last time I tuned in.

Raw is shit. But they can afford to be. While they're losing millions of viewers, they still have millions watching. The company also makes about $60 million a year. Wheras TNA makes little to no profit.

Pure piece of crap. TNA is a better written show (often) especially the times when Ru$so is writing

monkey%20poo.jpg

This image is in the TNA booking room. A wall is just off picture. TNA's motto is ''If it sticks we'll use it'' Disco Inferno then chips in, using his best Rhino voice. Substituting the word Gore for dead ''Until it's dead, dead, dead.''

And to the guy above, me....You mad me realize something.....I dont think TNA does have jobbers, That might be the difference between the two products. Theres hardly any squash matches in TNA, I haven't seen one in the last 4 monthes at least, and if there is one it actually has purpose, instead of re enstating how umaga is an unstoppable samoan bulldozer, or that Vladimir Koslov is a strong guy

TNA does have jobbers. They're just not designated jobbers. One week they'll be mid card attractions. The next they'll be squashed by some upper mid carder. While WWE has their Nobles, Kendricks and so on. TNA has everybody who's not a main eventer.

I live in orlando i have the ability to go to all of the tna impact tapings if i choose to do so. but i dont choose to do so. i used to but they have become boring ,repetitive,and chessy.not that some of the wwe angles arent but i have more loyalty to a product i've watched for years than a promotion who thinks they're better when they're clearly not.Most of tna's biggest stars are christian,angle,booker,dudleys,rhino,steiner see a pattern here.except for aj,joe,and sting they are all former wwe talent.and sting isn't homegrown he was taken from wcw.oh nash is from wwe too. tna wins with tag teams. and knockout division but those arent enough to keep me watching on a consistent basis.let me ask u if wwe gave away free shows like tna how many people would go? a hell of a lot more.coachman said it best people watch tna bc its free people dont pay to watch tna.they had to give away free tickets to bound for glory and slammiversary their 2 biggest shows of the year so the crowd didnt look empty.kurt/karen/aj is lame and overshadowing the oh so interesting joe/nash/booker feud.joe is a failure as champion.wwe has the following stars cena,batista,cm punk,jbl,kane,jericho,hbk,edge,taker,hhh,kennedy,jeff hardy,umaga,fuck it there are too many stars tna is out of their league if they wanna be the alternative then they should stop copying wwe storylines stop grabbing up old wwe wrestlers and be innovative again focus on ur tag division focus on ur knockout division re-focus on the x-division and put attention on ur main event.dont get me wrong i dont wanna hate tna. i just have better things to do with my thursday night than watch the dating show with kurt angle.like wash my dog with my toothbrush.oh and the one guy wwe "stole" from tna was marcus cor von and we all know how that worked out.

We wtill comparing TNA to WWE. I mean seriously WWE has been around for decades TNA has not they are a young rising wrestling promotion. Give TNA a break. Their not WCW and their not ECW. They have a long way to go yes to be successful but they will still be around for a long time. Longer then what ECW and WCW lasted. TNA will be great one day trust me, you know when wwe started it took them a long time to be great them damn selves and their was a company called NWA who blew them away. But then they became great one day and blew NWA away. Not saying TNA will blow wwe away one day but you get what i'm saying.

I hate to be a hater on TNA, Cause I can't say I watch on a regular basis, but It seems to be a big huge mess when I do catch it. It REALLY reminds me of the ending days of WCW. Something truly monumental needs to happen in TNA to bring it to that next level. I think they believed signing Kurt Angle would do that for them. I don't think they thought of the fact that if WWE was willing to let him out of a contract he still had 5 years left of, then they weren't all the interested in keeping him around. In my opinion TNA isn't a bad company but right now when I do catch an episode here and there it doesn't have me on the edge of my seats, it has me wondering what the hell is going on..it seems like so many things are happening in the one show that its hard to keep track of all the storylines. I'm itleast glad jeff jarrett removed himself from the picture being in the beggining you might as well have called it Jeff Jarret Championship Wrestling LOL anyway thats my 2 cents.

You need to watch regularly. TNA isn't like WWE, if a storyline starts, they stick with it. You might say for too long, but at least it sticks. AJ and Karen has been going on for a while. Whereas, Mickie James and John Cena just evaporated. I wouldn't be surpirsed if Vince McMahon wrestled this week and Kane had no bag because that's how WWE treats some stories. Now, I know that some WWE storylines end because of suspensions, but seriously, it's easier to pass off an injury and resume a story than it is to retire and rehire someone.

Now, not to be a total TNA mark....

Some of TNA's stories have non-sensical events. I have no idea why Booker T turned heel, except Kurt Angle is hurt and they need a heel. On the other hand, WWE did a masterful job of turning Jericho.

TNA keeps me entertained though because I never know what side Nash is going to be on, or when they will randomly change a title on free tv. The CM Punk title change was a big shock, and was cool, but not as cool as when TNA did the same thing with Petey Williams six weeks earlier. Jay Lethal was in a major storyline, and they took the midcard belt off of him so he could focus on his feud without making the belt look unimportant. That is the same thing WWE did with the IC belt on Jericho. WWE is piggybacking off of TNA at this point.

1. Midcard title changed so a "this time it's personal" feud can happen.

2. Random briefcase title change happened six weeks earlier on TNA.

3. Giving title to a shootfighter over a sports entertainer (Joe had the title months before Punk)

4. TNA's adultery angle has been going on for months

5. TNA messed up a wedding weeks before WWE and starting building towards the wedding earlier too.

For everyone who says that TNA is stealing gimmicks from WWE, wake up. Jay Lethal and Sharkboy are parodies of ME WWE stars, not rip-offs. It's like saying SNL Jeopardy with Will Ferrel is a rip-off of the real show. One is a joke for comic relief, and the other stars Will Ferrel. (LOL) WWE steal story lines from TNA all the time. They don't need to acknowledge TNA on the air, they already re-run their show, minus the wrestling, of course.

Ok, although i prefere WWE, I respect TNA for what they do. Their not trying to put WWE out of busness unlike WCW and have some excellent talent. But I beileve they have the same problem as WWE, in which they misuse their talent. Plus they also seem to use the same type of storylines. eg. Edge/Angle. Both of them had been in the title picture since coming to smackdown/TNA. Both of them have romantic partners, fall out and fall out of the title picture

Some of TNA's stories have non-sensical events. I have no idea why Booker T turned heel, except Kurt Angle is hurt and they need a heel. On the other hand, WWE did a masterful job of turning Jericho.

What TNA stories actually make sense? Is it the Kurt/Karen/AJ Styles storyline? Nope, because that's been drawn out and over done and it makes no sense. AJ Styles is married, they even spoke of it when AJ Styles made his heel turn several months ago and sat down to bitch and complain; he talked about his family, etc, etc.. and now, months later, he's suddenly trying to hook up with Karen and is in love with her? It makes no sense and contradicts itself in so many ways. You can find huge holes in every TNA story because they're poorly written, and yet Russo's suppose to be this GREAT writer. If the stories don't have the non-sensical aspect to them then they are written for 6 year olds and entirely cheesy.

TNA keeps me entertained though because I never know what side Nash is going to be on, or when they will randomly change a title on free tv. The CM Punk title change was a big shock, and was cool, but not as cool as when TNA did the same thing with Petey Williams six weeks earlier. Jay Lethal was in a major storyline, and they took the midcard belt off of him so he could focus on his feud without making the belt look unimportant. That is the same thing WWE did with the IC belt on Jericho. WWE is piggybacking off of TNA at this point.

Nash is going to turn on Joe, he's out for himself and has been the entire time, that's been so entirely obvious so I can't really buy this "I never know what side Nash is going to be on".. that whole storyline is boring and its dampening Joe's reign not helping it.

Petey Williams title change was cooler then CM Punk's? That's laughable. I'm a Petey fan and I'll admit that no one cared about the title switch, it wasn't a shock at all.. the title went from one mid carder to another nothing special about it. CM Punk's title win was entirely unexpected and a shock to the fans, and its actually something that people cared about. People care about CM Punk, people care about the World Heavyweight championship where as they don't care about the X division championship because its been buried and lost any of the high credibility it had back when Styles, Daniels and Joe held it. The Petey title change was forgettable and is forgettable and no one was talking about it afterwards, nor does anyone care about it now after the fact... but everyone was talking about CM Punk's title win, and more then that people were WATCHING as the ratings went up because of it.

It makes no sense to me how WWE having a title change on their show is piggybacking off of TNA as its a wrestling show and this certainly isn't the first time in history WWE has ever had a title change on their free show. It happens all the time. WWE did it before TNA was even around. If you want to talk about piggybacking I'd point out the rip off gimmicks in TNA such as Stone Cold Sharkboy, Super Eric, Jay Lethal, Daviari, and so on and so on.

2. Random briefcase title change happened six weeks earlier on TNA.

Money in the Bank match, with briefcase, was around long before TNA came out with their briefcases, so TNA took that from WWE.

3. Giving title to a shootfighter over a sports entertainer (Joe had the title months before Punk)
CM Punk's not a shoot fighter and neither is Joe.

4. TNA's adultery angle has been going on for months.

WWE doesn't have an adultery angle. Edge/Vickie isn't about adultery, he was cheating on her before they ever got married. I hate the Edge/Vickie angle but I'd still rather watch it over the horrible Kurt/Karen angle which doesn't even follow logic.

5. TNA messed up a wedding weeks before WWE and starting building towards the wedding earlier too.

No one cared about either of the weddings, and once again I have to point out that Lethal/Val was just a copy of the Macho Man/Elizabeth wedding which was in the WWE.

For everyone who says that TNA is stealing gimmicks from WWE, wake up. Jay Lethal and Sharkboy are parodies of ME WWE stars, not rip-offs. It's like saying SNL Jeopardy with Will Ferrel is a rip-off of the real show. One is a joke for comic relief, and the other stars Will Ferrel. (LOL) WWE steal story lines from TNA all the time. They don't need to acknowledge TNA on the air, they already re-run their show, minus the wrestling, of course.

You're really stretching here. Is this Marty2Hotty under a different handle? Since when is Jay Lethal's character comedy.. they've ripped off the entire Macho Man gimmick and storylines from old WWF which are anything but funny or done for comic relief. The entire Lethal/Val storyline is a serious storyline. Do you watch WWE? Because I don't see how you can say the WWE's product is anything even remotely close to whats happening in TNA (as in the reference to a re-run) overall.

usually i would say TNA is better, but im not sure right now. i think this has been a bad year for TNA like when WWE sucked REALLY bad in 2007, i hate to say it since i liked TNA WAY better than wwe up until this year, too many stupid gimmicks and backstage stuff IMO but i still dont like WWE too much better, unless maybethey bring back the cruiserweight title and get rid of khali

actually im gonna take all that back, last week's impact i wasnt a fan of but last night's was so freakin hardcore

well misterrob, you're wrong again, and i'll tell you how.

If the kurt karen angle doesn't make sense, then you aren't watching.

And you are complaining about the X division title going from one mid carder to another. IT'S A FUCKING MIDCARD BELT. They used Joe and Kurt to make it seem important. Are you pissed that Cena doesn't fight for the IC belt? Who do you want fighting for the X division belt?

If you think WWE didn't have an adultery angle, then you aren't watching that show either. If you want to say it's not adultery because they weren't married then you are arguing semantics.

WWE has been repeating things that TNA has done for a while now.

And saying that the ripoff gimmicks aren't comedy parodies proves yet again that you have no idea what you are talking about. No one takes Sharkboy, Super Eric, or Jay Lethal seriously, and if you think they are there for their intense promo skills I feel sorry for whatever state has to hire a nurse to wipe your ass for you.

ETA: Finally, for those of you who think TNA just piggybacks WWE, they made a show of being different tonight. While WWE is announcing less tits and violence to go PG, TNA came on the air speaking of violence, promoting the most violent Impact! ever.

and when it comes down to which is better at the moment it has to be wwe by a very small margin. im mean tna is good most of the time as they samoa joe as their champion and the lethal/dutt/val story has gotten better but they are let down by the super hero adventures of super erick, the announcing also lets it down when they back up a rubbish story line (e.g. jones not turning up to BFG)

Saying who is better is a matter of opinion. Everyone is gonna see things differently.

People can make valid points, argue for which side they want. The thing is...if you're trying to make a stubborn person see what you see it most likely ain't gonna happen...

I honestly forgot TNA comes on in recent weeks because WWE has been on top of their game IMO.

TNA looks like they copy WWE but they just approach it differently. Take for example the Booker T thing. WWE had him as King Booker, king of the WWE, a chaser who held the belt for a few moments...got one big win over Cena and Show. In TNA he's a heel who puts himself above everyone, he acts like royalty...

Super Eric? ...The Hurricane.

Shark Boy? ... Gillberg.

Abyss? ...Kane.

Theres too many things you can argue about TNA copy but I will say this, it's hard to be creative in a business that's been going on for more than 50 years. It's hard to have something new when we've seen it already...I'll agree TNA has some innovative matches, but their isn't some weird stipulation to oh lets say Money in the Bank, Hell in the Cell, or the Elimination Chamber. Every match gets explained beforehand and it's simple rules.

I do also believe TNA has senseless battle royals at least once every month.

WWE appeals to a lot more people then what they're trying to reach, TNA has only breached a certain market hoping to cross the line...

By the way IMO =P

If the kurt karen angle doesn't make sense, then you aren't watching.

Oh, I've watched it. How does this make sense to you? "AJ Styles is married, they even spoke of it when AJ Styles made his heel turn several months ago and sat down to bitch and complain; he talked about his family, etc, etc.. and now, months later, he's suddenly trying to hook up with Karen and is in love with her?" And now suddenly whatever TNA was developing between AJ Styles and Karen is dismissed and Karen's out of the picture entirely and its an intense and angry AJ Styles out to get revenge over Kurt Angle. So Styles went from a comedy role to a serious role, and the depth of both "characters" contradict one another.

And you are complaining about the X division title going from one mid carder to another. IT'S A FUCKING MIDCARD BELT. They used Joe and Kurt to make it seem important. Are you pissed that Cena doesn't fight for the IC belt? Who do you want fighting for the X division belt?

When did I complain about the X Division title going from one mid carder to another? I think you need to stay on topic, you seem to ignore my arguments and toss out a topic that had nothing to do with my post. The fact is that the X Division title actually MEANT something once and the division was a spotlight for TNA and a credible, unique division that carried the product as much as the heavyweight division did. Now the X Division is portrayed, shown, and made quite clear its a mid card title where years ago, sure it WAS a mid card title but it didn't FEEL like a mid card title because it was an important and credible piece of the TNA product. I don't feel that's the case at all now, but yet again I'm not following where I complained about it going from one mid carder to another.

If you think WWE didn't have an adultery angle, then you aren't watching that show either. If you want to say it's not adultery because they weren't married then you are arguing semantics.

Whether you want to claim Edge/Vickie is an adultery angle or not, that's your opinion. The fact is the angle has never been based around adultery, where Kurt/Karen is an angle ABOUT adultery.

WWE has been repeating things that TNA has done for a while now.

TNA has been repeating things that WWE has done for far longer. And once again I repeat "If you want to talk about piggybacking I'd point out the rip off gimmicks in TNA such as Stone Cold Sharkboy, Super Eric, Jay Lethal, Daviari, and so on and so on."

And saying that the ripoff gimmicks aren't comedy parodies proves yet again that you have no idea what you are talking about. No one takes Sharkboy, Super Eric, or Jay Lethal seriously, and if you think they are there for their intense promo skills I feel sorry for whatever state has to hire a nurse to wipe your ass for you.

Learn to read. Learn to stay focused on what's been said. I said that Jay Lethal and he and Val's entire angle was a rip off gimmick. How is Jay Lethal/Val aka Macho Man/Elizabeth not a serious storyline? How are they comedy right now?

When JB visited AJ's house, his sister, his coach, his priest, and his parents were there. No mention of a wife. Furthermore, AJ has been denying sleeping with Karen the whole time, so, besides a kiss in the middle of confusion at a weddding ceremony, it can all be explained away.

You said the Petey title change was nothing because it went from one midcareder to anther. But the CM Punk title change was way cooler, even though the second he won Money in the Bank, you knew it was going to happen, the question was when. It was a great moment, and awesome to see on free TV, yes, but the Petey angle had the whole build with Steiner. Steiner gave him the briefcase, and said show me something, so his cashing in the briefcase was not only a change from one midcarder to another, it was the culmination of a heel turn. It had build and depth.

But I will concede one point to you, the WWE title change signaled the beginning of a new era, a youth movement, so maybe it was more monumental. But the second his music hit, you knew what was going on.

The Edge angle the whole time was about commitment, manipulation, and betrayal. The AJ/Kurt angle didn't start about adultery either. AJ was invited into Kurt's stable, and Karen was used to keep him in line, and over time it became about adultery, but the build to it started with the same two tenants, committment (to the alliance) and manipulation. If you didn't think the Edge and Vickie angle was going to end with Edge cheating, then I don't know what to tell you. The difference lies in the power of the women involved. Vickie vindictive behavior is resulting in Hell in a Cell. Karen doesn't have the power to make that match. The build is very similar, the pay-off will be different, although the last man standing gimmick is pretty much the same, just no cage.

One more time, the parodies, are just that, parodies. I guess you think Wierd Al has been "ripping off" legitimate artists for years. It's a joke. I guess you don't get it.

And the Lethal/Val story line has taken a serious turn away from the WWF angle. The build was the same, yet the pay-off is different. No Undertaker, No Snake Roberts. That is like the angle mentioned above, but if you hate TNA, you hate TNA.

ETA: But here, just so you know I am not a total TNA mark, I will grant you that random chance is a joke in TNA. In the deuces wild tournament, all the "new" teams were conveniently feuding wrestlers. In tonight's Impact, all the pairs coming to the ring were guys in feuds. TNA can be very predictable, but the in-ring product is superior.

And, in the last six weeks, WWE has been far better. TNA is getting farther and farther away from gaining. WWE's youth movement has put life into the product. TNA is one AJ push away from getting the life it needs breathed into it.

TNA can be very predictable, but the in-ring product is superior.

I would have to agree. In the house I live in there are 3 people who watch wrestling thoughout the week. We were all WWE fans past and present. We started watch TNA regularly when it started airing on spike TV. The schedule used to be watch Raw, then TNA, and sometimes smackdown. this has changed drastically over the past year. TNA has become the show we can not miss in the week. The in ring product is what pulls us back every week. We have even started to just get the TNA PPVs. There is just more substance to The TNA product.

I love TNA, their style of wrestling is alot better than the quality of WWE in my opinion. It's more hardcore, more extreme.

Only problem is their gimmicks.

Curry man, a man who comes down to the ring in a daft suit, dances and what? Makes a fool of himself.

Shark Boy, Better than Curry Man, but blatantly a Stone Cold rip-off... Same music, same finisher... get the idea?

TNA has a quality program but maybe they need to sort out their gimmicks because they aren't the best, in fact they are far from that.

WWE did wedding crashing before TNA was even thought of. And if you call edge/vicky adaulery then Test/Stephanie/HHH was aldaultry which happened first... WWE was first in both of those. the whole Super Eric Story Line is exactly like the Hurracane except Hurricane won matches. As for TNA knowing how to stick to story lines and knowing how to close them How did the Tomko/Morgan storyline go to Morgan/3D? oh yea Tomko left but there was no explination. Feast or Fire was taken off of Money in the Bank. WWE wins that battle. CM Punk winning the Title was taken off Edge winning the Title useing the Money in the Bank after the Undertaker ended a match and was worn out like Edge was when CM Punk won the Title. As for Title changes on TV WWE use to do that all the time. I'm sure I'll think of more later.

TNA storylines: Not the greatest, but easy to live through.
WWE storylines: Stupid. Some disgusting. Repeating. The worst part is that they take up more than half the show.
TNA matches: Most are great. Classic, real(ish) wrestling.
WWE matches: Awful. Most end with a twist or are one sided.
TNA PPVs: Fantastic.
WWE PPVs: The cards make it so nobody even wants to buy them.

As for gimmicks, which seems to be a big discussion here, both companies have gimmicks that are bad and some that are good. As for copying WWE with gimmicks, that's the point. As for Lyez. D up there who thinks Abyss is like Kane, he is. But just because Abyss came after Kane doesn't mean that Abyss is a rip-off of Kane.

By the way, TNA did not come up with the Curry Man gimmick. He was exactly that way in Japan.

I would say that WWEs few storylines are more simple. But not much going on at the moment. Im just confused when TNA tries something, they have a problem with involving too much instead of just keeping it simple.
Too say TNAs wrestling is more real is kinda dumb.
I enjoy WWEs wrestling just as much as TNAs.

Nobody wants to buy the WWE PPVs??? Oh thats why most PPVs this year have INCREASED in buys.
And as for gimmick, of course its TNA that has the worst gimmick things. WWE doesnt use gimmicks often, which I really like. Which means when they finally have something, then it actually something to look forward to.
TNA has had the problem with having too many gimmick matches. For example, The tuxedo and chain thing at HJ was totally useless and there was no need for that, but they still used it. Why?? I have no idea.
When TNA has a hardcore match, ladder match or cage then its not much to look forward too, its like "yeah we have seen that just recently". Their gimmick matches arent a draw. TNA seems to think that gimmick matches are a draw, they are, but only when used correctly. Which TNA isnt doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back