• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[UnOfficial] WWE vs. TNA Thread - New one active

WWE or TNA?

• WWE

• TNA

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TNA is easily the future of pro wrestling and Vince McMahon is running scared. Vince McMahon intentionally waters down the style of WWE matches where TNA provides a fast-paced alternative to World Wrestling Entertainment. Wrestlers like Kurt Angle, Christian Cage and Booker T all switched to TNA because they were tired of disapointing the WWE fans week in and week out. I think that the declining PPV buyrates and television ratings are a strong sign that wrestling fans are begining to realize the truth. WWE is directed for eight-year-old fans that won't give a damn in two years. Within the next three years, TNA will take WWE's spot and will become the more popular federation! In conclusion, TNA owns WWE and always will!

TNA is easily the future of pro wrestling and Vince McMahon is running scared. Vince McMahon intentionally waters down the style of WWE matches where TNA provides a fast-paced alternative to World Wrestling Entertainment. Wrestlers like Kurt Angle, Christian Cage and Booker T all switched to TNA because they were tired of disapointing the WWE fans week in and week out. I think that the declining PPV buyrates and television ratings are a strong sign that wrestling fans are begining to realize the truth. WWE is directed for eight-year-old fans that won't give a damn in two years. Within the next three years, TNA will take WWE's spot and will become the more popular federation! In conclusion, TNA owns WWE and always will!

Was this a joke I didn't get? TNA is just as bad as WWE, the only reason the names you mentioned switched was for a lighter schedule, or they got busted for drugs and didn't want to own up to it. TNA doesn't exactly get steller ratings, they currently are below WWE's B show, not a promising factor in trying to knock off WWE's dominance. Ratings for both shows show no sign of rising on a consistant basis.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with all the ppl who said that TNA is imitating WWE. I'm a TNA fan but i'm a little disappointed with them. They are so desperate to become the biggest wrestling company that they do basicly the same things that WWE did. I want see something new. If they still do the same things that WWE does, they will never be the biggest company.

About WWE have banned the piledrivers and another dangerous moves, despite i love this moves, i think they did the right thing to prevent some injuries.

In my opinion, TNA is still not succeeding like it wants to because it has not won over the casual wrestling fan. I'm not talking about the type of fan such as us who post in forums such as this...most of the "smart" type fans who enjoy wrestling for the purity and excitement of the matches.
I'm talking about the guy who you ask "Do you watch wrestling?" and his reply is: "I do, but not as much as I used to when Stone Cold and The Rock were around. Are they still wrestling?" or "Yeah, I like that guy Cena or whatever his name is."
This is the type of fan who is not totally convinced wrestling is not fake, but casually watches it anyway. The one who most likely watches WWE, because of the fact they are more widely marketed and are available on more channels, and offer a massive amount of merchandise. Plus, they have more recognizable stars that appeal to the regular joe.
You see, IMO, when they switch the channel over to TNA Impact, which is not as widely promoted and marketed as Raw or SmackDown are, all they see are the less-than-stellar pyros, the second-rate production values, and the less recognizable, although extremely talented, wrestlers. In their mind, it is just a cheap rip-off of WWE. No one cares for these sort of things. Remember, I am trying to think like the casual wrestling fan here.
Sometimes, when I mention TNA to my friends who aren't into wrestling as much as me, they say, "Isn't that part of WWE?" or "What the hell is TNA? Tits and ass?"
In order for TNA to succeed or become more like the WWE, which apparently is their goal, they need to step up their production values, tour more outside of the Impact Zone, or at least give it a makeover, its appearance is outdated, and pursue those things that made them magic in the first place, years ago when they first burst out on the scene. They need to be seen as a legitimate promotion, not some cheap rip-off to the WWE marks out there.

i would have to say that as of late TNA has been much more entertaining then WWE, WWE has all these big guys like HHH, Mark Henry, The Great Kali, Mr Kennedy, and much more that are not being used as much as they could. Back in the old WWE or should i say WWF there were interesting matches, like hardcore and street fights on RAW but now its all talk and the matches suck, they have feuds that last a couple weeks that are hyped for months (ex jericho vs orton) TNA has rising talent and the matches are still new, hardcore and new matches never seen before are still appearing. many examples are the x match, and the matches that are on IMPACT for each holiday. im not saying that TNA will anytime soon beat WWE, they do not have enough $$$ or fans yet, but in my opinion as of recent matches and feuds TNA is the show to watch.

Just a minor point I want to raise is it just me but after reading the headlines on WZ I feel TNA is going down the root that WCW took by ribbing on WWE and constantly trying to damage its image instead of working on its own image. Recent examples include the new shark boy gimmick and calling the rat Marlena. (For those of you who dont know who marlena is i suggest you spend more time on your wrestling history) Vince Russo and the rest of TNA creative so far have been fresh and innovative, personally not to the standards of WWE imho but are they slipping down the wrong road of WCW. it is a question that will be answered in the coming weeks, hopefully the TNA creative is not all out of gas.

the 6 sided ring is so gay, its like whenever i watch it it mkes me think of little kids, they need to get with a 4 sided ring to be taken serious, that six sided ring is like a circus, but then again thats all tna is, a circus. the only thing they have going for them are the high flyers, and thats even getting old, if tna wants to last much longer, let alone go head to head with wwe, they need to get rid of some these wwe rejects and make ew fresh talent, four sided ring, and new sets. and new announcers, they suck

ok ok ok, listen up, abyss is rippin kane so much. in the beginning, kane never talked, he trusted paul bearer, and was betrayed. abyss never talked, trusted mitchell, was betrayed. then kane started talking. abyss started talking. not to mention that mask is a direct ripoff of kane and mankind. he shouldnt even be considered in the same league as kane, hes not even a big man, hes like 6'5'' and they bill him as 6'10'' that rediculous. at least Kane is a real big man, and he has so much talent, although it isnt utilized right, but he does have as much taent as anyone else, nd given the right shot, kane would destroy all naysayers. point blank, tna sucks and are second rate ripping off wwe, i'd rather watch luche libre on the spanish channel than sit through impact

hi there i rather watch nwa or cmll than tna dont get me wrong tna have good wrestlers but its something that i dont like about tna. tna is making the same mistakes that wcw made that is making ex wwe stars the top guys look how there using aj styles he is a dam good wrestler but i think hes not getting used propperly

I can't stop watching WWE. I have watched it for twenty years and I feel obligated to continue doing it. TNA has better wrestling and less predictable moments. They both can make it together and let us reap the benefits. I can't even watch SmackDown anymore. Even if Undertaker was on the show for the full two hours. I love WWE, but they need to really shake things up a bit.

i have to agree with you that TNA is rising and WWE is going down cause TNA does give you wrestling and WWE just gives you a soap opera. And when that started happening i started watching TNA and i liked it so fast and now I am a die hard TNA fan i still watch WWE but TNA beats them hands down.

I would vote neither or both.

WWE has a great setup and they are very organized but their wrestling action is boring compared to promotions like TNA, ROH, AAA, NJPW, NOAH, etc.

TNA on the other hand has weak setups but have the best wrestling action on "american tv."

So either you want order and are not upset by a slower/safer type of ring action

Or

You don't care about order and great storylines because you just want to see great ring work.

Po-Tay-Toe / Po-Tah-Toe

Both have their ups and downs!

I don't know if the WWE officials are really this cocky, or if they are stupid but they are advertising UFC 81 with Brock Lesnar on their official website WWE.com.

I have a hard time believing the WWE has no idea that TNA superstars will be there and that the UFC and TNA have been plugging one another. Im sure Vince or someone else high up in the food chain will pretend they didn't know because TNA is "small time" or just say that TNA is not competition. There is no way that somebody who orders this weekends fights because of an ad they saw on WWE.com will watch, see TNA wrestling mentioned, and not check it out.

TNA is good for what it is but lately it has been going down hill. Some of the storylines are good and some of the wrestling is good also but the but the talent in TNA is being taken over by the talent that the WWE fired like Kurt and Booker. I still say that WWE is better because youhave a chose in what to watch wiether it Raw, Smackdown, or WWE ECW. TNA is not bad it just needs to be improved

i laugh at the FU**** idiots who think vince can buy tna. dixie carter has more money invested in tna then all the mcmahons have in their bank accounts. tna will beat raw in ratings one day just trust me. ive been watching wwe since 1996. and i can honestly say that TNA bound for glory 2007 killed everysingle wwe ppv from the last past 10 years. wwe product is just so crap. tna on the other hand is making mistakes becasue of getting to much publicity. tna is the best thing going at the moment and people need to get their heads out of their asses. pure ignorance. just the knockouts matches put the wwe to shame.

i laugh at the FU**** idiots who think vince can buy tna. dixie carter has more money invested in tna then all the mcmahons have in their bank accounts. tna will beat raw in ratings one day just trust me. ive been watching wwe since 1996. and i can honestly say that TNA bound for glory 2007 killed everysingle wwe ppv from the last past 10 years. wwe product is just so crap. tna on the other hand is making mistakes becasue of getting to much publicity. tna is the best thing going at the moment and people need to get their heads out of their asses. pure ignorance. just the knockouts matches put the wwe to shame.

I too think Bound For Glory was the best PPV of 2007. However, you have to factor in that the buyrate was abysmal by WWE standards. TNA is far from being able to compete with WWE. Yes, BFG was amazing from start to finish with only the monsters ball match slowing it down. You do however, have to factor in that more people saw that weeks Smackdown than the TNA PPV. Then, TNA followed it up with a so so Genesis PPV and a horrible Turning Point PPV that may have lost the interested BFG buyers.

Just a quick one of your opinions here...

Personally I thought TNA were really "up there" with WWE end of 2006 with BFG....solid tag teams, some possibility of the TNA title actually changing hands and a great X-Division....

Now you have a perpetual succesful TNA title defense by Angle, the great tag teams of 06 have been broken up, and whats up with Stone Cold Shark Boy? I understand this is all entertainment, but really you look at the TNA model back in 2003-2006 and see how solid some matches really were...

I always had a belief that you can rate how solid a show is by how aesthetically pleasing it is to view (arguable, and probably a flammable opinion by ROH fans lol), but really you can just look at the set of BFG 2006 to see how successful the company was looking (and I make reference to BFG primarily as its arguably the leading main event in TNA)....2007 marked a much cheaper set...and nowdays TNA PPVs look just like their weeklies...

Do you guys believe TNA has really dropped its momentum they carried in mid-end 2006 and now its become near impossible to bridge the gap between the competition?

I know what your saying but your choice of bound for glory i think its pretty bad. Now if you were to say slammiversary where they fully used all their talent then I might have to agree with you. In general though the moment they went to spike the quality of their matches have gone down, and since theyve gone to two hours it has become even worse with the quality of the matches. So I would have to say on many levels their product has gone down

I think they fumbled with BFG 2006 and then proceeded to throw the rest of the game with everything since then.

There were two things wrong with that whole card. I mean the Cage/Rhino feud was fine, but it wasn't what should've logically went on at Bound For Glory.

Cage and Sting have this friend stuff going and then he turns on him and helps Jarrett win the title. They should've feuded until BFG 2006 where Cage goes over Sting somehow, someway to keep him propped up as a heel challenger to the championship and to keep their issue strong. You could've used Cage brutalizing Rhino and beating him at the PPV before BFG as a way to emphasize that Cage doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself anymore. Not only that, but it gives Cage a hot mini-program that develops his character more before he gets into it with Sting. As a way of getting around Cage and Rhino having another match you could have Cage say that he wouldn't give Rhino another match, because he'd already beaten his bitch ass. Rhino then jumps into the Monster's Ball match, which they could have a Title Shot up for grabs for the winner.

And the main event should've been Samoa Joe, who was on an incredible hot streak since he came into the promotion, taking on Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World title and Jarrett's career. Joe goes over in this one and wins the belt.

This way what you have are two logical feuds there. You have Sting and Cage continue and/or finish off their beef temporarily. Cage goes over, so that you can keep him strong for a defense against the new champ sometime down the line.

Then in the main event title match you have the perfect scenario. Jarrett has always had a virtual monopoly over the World heavyweight title and people really, really hated him from it and I would say that a lot of that is in the "I don't want this guy on my TV at all, I can't stand Jarrett" type of heat. He always took up TV time and no one wanted to see him.

Joe was pretty much the complete opposite and he was always the highlight of the show. He had a tremendous amount of fan support and they were just dying for him to get pushed through to the top.

So in having Joe go over Jarrett you not only get him even more over by eliminating Jarrett, but you also say to the fans "Y'know, we ain't WWE, we give you what the fuck you want!"

Post-match you have Angle, reluctantly, handing Joe the belt and you can have a staredown where they get into each other's face. No brawl, save that for some other time. Build to it, make people want to see more. Angle's first match at Genesis would've either been Jerry Lynn (who he wanted to work with, if I'm not mistaken) or AJ Styles. Although I'd rather hold off on the Styles match and give some sort of substantial build to it. Although I suppose you could have them interact before Bound For Glory and kind of hint that AJ would be his first match.

Hell! LAX was fucking hot at the time. Have them get their belts back sometime after the PPV. Then you have, instead of Joe/Angle initially brawling and wasting the match right away.. Killings turns heel, joins up with LAX to fight the system and they start doing a Freebird type of thing with them. Killings/Hernandez get the belts from AJ and Chris Daniels, put the X-Title on Homicide after beating the shit out of (I think) Sabin at Genesis. Killings/Hernandez are tag champs, Homicide is the X-Champ, and then you have Konnan declare his desire for LAX to hold all the belts, so he gets killings to target Joe. Beatdown ensues and then you have Angle come out for the save.

You've got a credible singles guy in Killings who can both work the mic and work in the ring. You have Homicide getting his first singles title. And you have the hottest act in TNA getting most of the belts and feuding with the fresh champ in Joe and Angle, fresh off his WWE run and with a wave of his own momentum, into this whole deal. Joe gets the rub from Angle, LAX gets the rub from feuding with the top two stars in TNA, and Killings gets a long awaited, long deserved push and he gets to show his shit.

And you wouldn't even have to do this right away. You build the whole thing. Killings Hernandez take the titles, they defend and beat 3D at Genesis, Homicide wins the X-Title at Genesis. Then it's LAX versus 3D for the next month. Homicide versus Spike Dudley for the X-Title at Turning Point and Killings/Hernandez take on Ray and Devon in a Tables match for the titles. LAX rules the PPV again. And the next night they state their desire to bring the World title into their family.

Meanwhile you have Joe defend against Abyss (who'd win the Monster's Ball match) and beat him in a massive brawl at Genesis. Then you have Christian and Tomko come out to assist Abyss in beating down Joe post match. You have Sting come out. They're still somewhat overwhelmed and then you have Angle come out and clear house. They all stand victorious. Sets up Joe/Cage and you can have Angle and Sting do a one time only dream team thing against Tomko and Abyss at Turning Point.

Then you transition into the LAX versus Joe/Angle feud and you can have their first match at the PPV after Turning Point. Regular match, goes to a no contest due to the excessive violence, chaotic brawl, etc. Put Sting/Abyss as the top singles match and you have Rhino and someone else go after Tomko and Christian.

Joe/Angle eventually get the belts. And each time they defend it they can be more and more competitive, this leads to eventual mishaps of miscommunication, they get heat. Angle eventually turns full on heel on Joe and just unloads on his leg/ankle. Joe wants a match with Angle a.s.a.p. and Cornette won't allow him to work with a bum ankle, so he'd have to sign papers stating that if he gets even more injured, it's his responsibility not TNAs. And if he wants them to put the match on their PPV, he'd have to sacrifice something for it - his rematch clause. So he does. Despite the bum ankle/leg he puts up a good fight in the match, but Angle (ref bump or distraction) gets the cheater's edge and gets a shot in on Joe's leg with some kind of foreign object and then taps him out. You have Angle join up with Cage, Tomko, and various other heels and duck & distract Joe until Bound For Glory '07, where you have some sort of submission match or Last Man Standing or some other fitting blood feud match between the two of them where he puts Joe over.

That's a rough longterm plan of what I'd of done, instead of dicking Joe out of the belt and dicking the fans of the investment they put in him ever since he debuted.

I'm not saying that this would've resulted in them overtaking WWE, but I think it'd of done the job better and brought up fresh stars to, at least, get there. And I honestly think a long term Angle/Joe PPV would've done far better as far as far as PPV buys are concerned than what actually happen.

And an Angle/Sting match wouldn't of been wasted on Free TV and would've been built and marketed as the dream match it should've been.

I agree completely, it seems the quality of their product has gone down a good bit the past couple of years...I was excited when they acquired Kurt Angle, the thought of all the dream matches and his ability in the ring, was awesome to say the least.
But even though they had all the tools to make their company into something greater, TNA dropped the ball. They had Angle, Samoa Joe, Christian Cage, the X Division, and a solid Tag Team division. Now, years later, it seems that all of these things have lost their credibility compared to 2006...
Kurt Angle: They had him destroy TNA's top dog, Samoa Joe, in his debut...he was the first "pure" TNA champion...every Impact featured 10 segments about him....speaking of which, he brought in his wife and family...
Samoa Joe: Was booked as an unstoppable monster, and then his momentum was derailed by Angle...enough said...
Christian Cage: Was THE top heel in TNA, and had the championship for a good while...lost it to Kurt Angle, hasn't earned many title shots since then...still continues to be a top heel, but hardly has any momentum week to week...
-notice a trend here? Angle pretty much ruined two of the top guys' credibility almost instantly...this may not be his fault, just the booking by TNA, but after their losses to Angle, it seems like they have been drifting since...Angle seems to have created a glass ceiling with the TNA World Title...he definitely has the ability to carry it, just bad planning and booking by TNA, IMO...
The X Division: They had 3 big names in the X Division-Joe, AJ Styles, and Christopher Daniels...and that was about it....division is still fun to watch, but hasn't really created another big name to help its' credibility since, someone the fans can believe in...maybe Black Machismo can carry the ball, but he has been mired in the current storyline with Team 3D, and Johnny Devine (??????)
has his belt...yawn
The Tag Team Division: Hmmm, you take the champs LAX, a young and exciting team, and have them job to Team 3D, much to the fans' dismay....then it turns into a division rivalry between aging tag teams, 3D and the Steiners...Team Pacman (ENOUGH SAID)...and now AJ and Tomko have the belts when they don't even get along, and they have to defend the against BG James and his 70-year-old DAD....I'm sorry, I just don't buy that...
-I guess it all comes down to the booking committee in TNA, they have the star power, they have the talent, and they have the TV time....they just have made dumb decisions...I like TNA and I would like for it to succeed, but it has not given me someone to believe in since Joe appeared on the scene...his promo at Turning Point gave him a little momentum back, and they are trying to make him into that unpredictable monster we all knew back then...hopefully they can recreate the magic of 2006 in 2008, or they are in dire need of help...

TNA has lost lots of mementum with their product as of late with this whole Prince AJ and his playing the role of a idiot. Shark Boy doing a Stone Cold thing, which is a very bad impression. They have even gone a step further with their copycat storylines with this whole Abyss/ Judas Mesias fueed, it reminds too much of the Kane/Undertaker fued when Kane first appeared. I would not be one bit surprised if Vince McMahon bought out TNA in the near future, hell WWE has a monopoly in the wrestling world anyway.

TNA sucks massively this year and in '07. The main thing I hate about TNA is that they like "we are WRESTLING" yea, more like we spend 45 minutes on Thanksgiving at the Angle's, hire WWE rejects (after we poke fun at WWE, we like to put their guys over our own) and we like fucking up shit with stupid matches.

Just this past week on impact, it was Petey Williams vs Dustin Rhodes (dressed like a jackass) trying to find a rat in a box.

They also had WWE rip-offs the Rock 'n' Rave infection doing their best Jillian Hall immitation of being the bad singers, and tried to pawn off the Kane/Bearer/Undertaker storyline as their own.

There is no consistency, TONS of hypocrisy, and very little actual wrestling like they claim, and what there is, it's not the best it could be.

TNA is like a baseball team that has a bunch of great players, but they bench them all.

Plus, it's a poor man's WWE, just look at this analogy:

WWE uses Trump for celebrity appeal, TNA uses Pacman Jones (makes him tag champ even)

WWE holds back Paul London, Kendrick, and Noble, TNA holds back the entire X division

WWE uses Stone Cold, Foley, and Hogan for nostalgia, TNA uses the New Age Outlaws, Nash, and Hall.

If TNA really believes that they're better, then why do WWE guys do so well? Kayfabe thinking, if one league is superior, shouldn't it be harder to succeed in? For instance, a main eventer in the WWE should be an upper midcarder in TNA and have to work his way back up. Instead it's the opposite, which makes TNA look even more weak.

Finally, if TNA would just promote itself as something other than "the cool wrestling driven alternative" I'd be fine, because I understand that to beat the WWE you have to go that route. Entertainment outsells sport, so they have a choice, either do the same thing as TNA and beat them at their own game with the ratings, attendance, etc., or they could go the original route and truly be the wrestling alternative, have less fans, but have more diehard fans who really appreciate what they do instead of casual fans.

It seems like TNA can't make up their mind and flip flop it all the time, making the product stagnant and never going anywhere, although I am into the current main event scene, wonder what AJ is doing, Tomko's reasons, Christian vs Angle, the whole thing I like, even though it'll likely end up in a Broomstick up my ass on a pole in a cell with fire around it match.

I was watching WWE the other day, I'm not sute waht shoe it was but al I remember was that the superstsra is nthe main event we're not impressive I wanted to cry amd decided not to watfch, nobodys even saracstica about it being the HHH show anymore they just live with it, these guys suck and I'm tired of randy orton because TI htink he sucks arse and has ntohing to bring to the ring tahts enw creatinvae n ad intesresting asdas

I dont think they lost their momentum, mostly because I just started watching this year and they've been setting ratings and breaking them these past few weeks.....but then again, that may just be because WWE hasn't been putting up AS good matches as they use to

1. No, they have not lost momentum. If ratings mean anything, and they usually do, then Tna has more momentum than ever. With Tna catching up to Ecw they are showing their potential. Personally I beleive that they are held back by a crappy time slot. I miss the program sometimes to watch other things. Wednesday would be much better, there is almost nothing entertaining on tv.
2. Even though the question doesn't really elicit such responces, many are commenting on the quality of the product. In truth the quality of storylines, characters, and matches have gone down. For example the abyss storyline has long since gotten stale. I can only watch so many vingettes exploring his truly tortured soul. The shark boy gimmick is also not entertaining, he already has a boring character so adding Steve Austin just makes it more awkward. Finally the matches, even though I like gimmick matches(eg ladder, hell in a cell) but Rat on a Pole and a Christmas themed CAGE Match. Seriously?... come on, they can do better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back