• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on Fox - Johnson vs. Dodson LD

Dodson is pretty much using the same game plan that Carlos Condit used against Nick Diaz... The only problem is I don't think DJ is going to get tired. Dodson's got some good power, he just can't follow up because Johnson is such a slippery and quick little bastard.

I have to say I'm damn impressed with Dodson win or lose... I really thought Demetrious was going to make this a boring fight, but Dodson has made this a great fight so far.

OK, please tell me I'm not the only one laughing at the fact that the referee is literally twice the fighters size, and the fighters can headbutt Big John McCarthy in the nuts.

I mean he is over a foot taller then both of them.

MMA fans boo too quickly. They were clinched on the ground for about 20 seconds and worked their way out to their feet. When did this impatience get so bad?

So if Dobson couldn't continue after the illegal knee, would he win the Championship?

If I was him "OH SHIT, I CAN'T SEE, I'M BLIND! GIVE ME MY CHAMPIONSHIP!" Five minutes later "OH PRAISE JESUS IT'S A MIRACLE I'M FINE AGAIN!"

Mighty Mouse made a statement there.

Johnson completely turned that fight around. Great pressure, and didn't get shaken early on.

WHAT A FIGHT!

Both guys earned a fan out of me tonight. What I appreciated more than anything was the fact that DJ went for the finish and kept the pressure on instead of just cruising to victory. Who can stop Mighty Mouse?

Reading some other forums I see people CRYING because they didn't take a point from Demetrious Johnson for that "illegal" knee. Okay... I'm all for point deductions when they're warranted and had Dodson been on one knee when he took that I would have agreed... But I was personally glad they didn't take a point when Dodson basically abused that rule and kept putting his hand down on the mat to avoid taking damage which was essentially him stalling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back