• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on Fox - Johnson vs. Dodson LD

I don't get the hate on Menefee. He's not supposed to be this high energy guy, he is the host. He is not supposed to entertain, he is supposed to feed the questions to the analysts so they can inform (and thus entertain) us.

Now I can understand if he doesn't know what he's talking about or doesn't care, but he doesn't need to have energy and be all loud and obnoxious.

There's a certain amount of enthusiasm that should be involved with the presentation of the broadcast by the host. He clearly doesn't care, which is the issue. If the host isn't enthusiastic in his introduction to kick off the event, why should the fans watching, maybe for the first time, take an interest? Menefee is extremely bland in his delivery and as much as I hate to say it, Mauro Ranallo would be a decent replacement for him.

Besides, using Menefee (a recognized Fox Sports guy) it makes UFC on FOX look more legit.

Or they could use another recognized Fox Sports guy who would be fine as a host and actually has an interest in the sport in Jay Glazer.

Oh, and Gus Johnson is the fucking man, if they needed a PBP guy he'd be fine, but they don't need one, so he isn't needed. If they wanted to use Jon Anik or something then OK.

Did you ever watch Strikeforce cards when he was their PBP guy? Absolutely fucking horrendous.

Oh shit, Big John McCarthy is the ref. Didn't know he was still reffing for UFC.

The UFC does not assign the refs, the athletic commissions do.

And holy fuck, Lamas.

The "Being Booked in a Fight Against Jose Aldo Only to Get it Cancelled Due to Injury" Curse continues by the way.

Grispi, Koch, and by extension, Hioki, who was booked to fight Aldo but refused.

This is the fight I've been waiting for and the fight that's keeping me inside on a Saturday night... I hope it delivers and really see no reason why it shouldn't!

There's a certain amount of enthusiasm that should be involved with the presentation of the broadcast by the host. He clearly doesn't care, which is the issue. If the host isn't enthusiastic in his introduction to kick off the event, why should the fans watching, maybe for the first time, take an interest? Menefee is extremely bland in his delivery and as much as I hate to say it, Mauro Ranallo would be a decent replacement for him.
I'm talking more from his NFL stuff, as I've only seen him on UFC a couple times. And as I said, the caring about the product is important, but being energetic and high-strung and all that isn't for a host.

Or they could use another recognized Fox Sports guy who would be fine as a host and actually has an interest in the sport in Jay Glazer.
Jay Glazer isn't a host. He's an analyst for Fox. He actually did (and I think still does) some of the Fuel UFC Studio shows, but with Anik, who is a host.

Did you ever watch Strikeforce cards when he was their PBP guy? Absolutely fucking horrendous.
No Strikeforce. I saw an Elite XC card on CBS with him a few years ago. He wasn't good but I had no idea how often he did MMA.

And again, going off his football and basketball work, he's legendary.

The UFC does not assign the refs, the athletic commissions do.
And as such, I can't recall the last time I've seen him. I mean literally over a year since the last time I've seen him do a fight.

Wow.... Bas Rutten just creamed himself I'm guessing because those kicks were sweet as hell.

I need to see a .gif of that ridiculous kick Pettis attempted. If that would have landed for the KO it would have been a shoe-in for KO of the Year hands down. It was fast but it looked like a no-hands cartwheel kick.

That was one of the best displays of going to the body and staying with the body that I've seen in some time. Question is does Pettis get a title shot? Does he fight Nate Diaz for a title shot? It would suck if they gave him a title shot and made him wait for Benson/Melendez.

I'm talking more from his NFL stuff, as I've only seen him on UFC a couple times. And as I said, the caring about the product is important, but being energetic and high-strung and all that isn't for a host.

Agree to disagree.

Jay Glazer isn't a host. He's an analyst for Fox. He actually did (and I think still does) some of the Fuel UFC Studio shows, but with Anik, who is a host.

Nope. He typically acts as what you refer to as being the host and is usually on with a guy like Sonnen who takes on the analyst role.

No Strikeforce. I saw an Elite XC card on CBS with him a few years ago. He wasn't good but I had no idea how often he did MMA.

And again, going off his football and basketball work, he's legendary.

He can stick to doing football and basketball.

Oh you mean Rampage is super angry and motivated?

gene-wilder-willy-wonka-meme-765.jpg

I'd like to believe in Rampage, but he's been a shell of himself since getting revenge on Wanderlei. Glover is legit, he's dangerous everywhere and he loves to maul people. I think Rampage is severely underestimating him, but Rampage also wants to make some money after leaving UFC... Question is will Dana and Page go back to the negotiating table if Quinton wins convincingly?

The one thing about Glover that worries me is that he was nearly KO'ed by a Dead to Rights Fabio Maldanado.

At the same time, Rampage hasn't knocked anyone out since UFC 92.

Rampage looked like absolute shit after the first round. I think Glover was respecting him a little bit too much and could have finished it, especially in the third. Rampage couldn't even put any effort to keep his hands up and definitely couldn't keep footing to defend a takedown.

Glover looked good as expected, and I'm certainly glad he didn't go balls to the wall and get caught like he did against Fabio.

Rampage should go collect a paycheck from Bjorn at Bellator and fight King Mo since that's an easily sold fight... After that he might as well retire unless Japan wants to offer him some easy money to smash some cans.

I don't know why the advertising shied away from saying "flyweight." I understand the perception, but I think it's a very overrated factor in whether or not someone watches a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back