• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC on Fox - Johnson vs. Dodson LD

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
The main card is going to be pretty sweet. Flyweight Title fight, Rampage getting embarrassed on his way out of the UFC and a potential Fight of the Year candidate with Donald Cerrone taking on Anthony Pettis.

And right now, Hioki is going to get Guida Humped for three rounds.

I'm still at work, so I'm DVR'ing the prelims...

I haven't seen any detailed results. How the hell did Bader make the Janitor tap in under a minute? Did he catch a lucky guillotine or something??

I haven't seen any detailed results. How the hell did Bader make the Janitor tap in under a minute? Did he catch a lucky guillotine or something??

It wasn't lucky. Bader rocked him with an uppercut and locked the in the choke in no time.

Clipped him with a left about 20 seconds in, immediately jumped on him afterwards... and in true Bader fashion, he had a hard time securing it at first.

By the way when Hioki loses this fight, he'll go from literally having a title shot gifted to him to a two fight losing streak. This is why when the UFC offers you a title shot, you go for it.

I will never understand why Guida is so popular. Everything about him screams "Giant Douche".

I think "giant douche" is in right now. Look at Olympic hero Michael Phelps last week:

ap-afc-champiohship-football-4_3_r536_c534.jpg

This is a dark horse FOTN candidate as far as I'm concerned. Both guys are ultra tough and always bring it. They also have quite a few bonuses between them.

Hioki was fucking robbed. All Clay landed of any significance that entire fight was the slam in the Round 2. Those other sissy takedowns shouldn't count for anything, and Hioki controlled everything that was happening on the ground. He dictated what was happening there, as he did on the feet when he was completely picking Guida apart while they were standing.

I despise America's MMA judging criteria. Being on top means everything... so fucking stupid.

Holy blood on the camera, Batman!

And holy shit, TJ Grant gets better and better each fight. He absolutely destroyed Wiman, who is one of the toughest outs in the Lightweight Division. He has to be 2 wins or so away from a shot now. I'd really like to see him fight Maynard.

Not a bad card tonight for free TV.

Thats the great thing about UFC having a network TV deal. They load the fight cards the same way they would a PPV main card. They know its there shot to get the biggest audience, and if they have good showings they can potentially attract new paying fans in the future who may have never bought a PPV. Gotta love FOX for making it happen. Its the best thing that could have happened for the UFC. Its still wierd to see MMA be so mainstream though.

Could you imagine WWE(or another pro wrestling company) being accepted enough to have a Saturday night primetime slot on a network station like FOX, NBC, ABC, or CBS?

Hioki was fucking robbed. All Clay landed of any significance that entire fight was the slam in the Round 2. Those other sissy takedowns shouldn't count for anything, and Hioki controlled everything that was happening on the ground. He dictated what was happening there, as he did on the feet when was completely picking Guida apart while they were standing.

I despise America's MMA judging criteria. Being on top means everything... so fucking stupid.

That was exactly how I knew how the fight would go. Whoever scored 30-27 for Guida needs to be shot.

It's definitely time for a step-up in competition for TJ Grant. He's becoming one of my favorite lightweights just for the fact that everybody seems to pick against him and he proves them wrong.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Koch has to offer. Been way too long since we've seen him, and his opponent is no joke. Should be a great first fight.

They need to get Menefee off these broadcasts. So bland and you can tell he couldn't give less than a shit about being there.

I don't get the hate on Menefee. He's not supposed to be this high energy guy, he is the host. He is not supposed to entertain, he is supposed to feed the questions to the analysts so they can inform (and thus entertain) us.

Now I can understand if he doesn't know what he's talking about or doesn't care, but he doesn't need to have energy and be all loud and obnoxious.

Besides, using Menefee (a recognized Fox Sports guy) it makes UFC on FOX look more legit.

Oh, and Gus Johnson is the fucking man, if they needed a PBP guy he'd be fine, but they don't need one, so he isn't needed. If they wanted to use Jon Anik or something then OK.

Oh shit, Big John McCarthy is the ref. Didn't know he was still reffing for UFC.

Damn Koch has some sick takedown defense.

*sigh* That's typically how my luck goes... I compliment a fighter and then they get their asses handed to them. Lamas looked slick as hell on the feet, and he's already dangerous on the ground. I'd give him the winner of Aldo/Edgar, especially considering his win over Hioki prior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back