• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 106 LD - This Card is Cursed!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
UFC_106_-_Ortiz_vs_Griffin_2_poster.jpg

100% Absolutely cursed.

I'll let Wiki do all the talking.

Previously announced match-ups of John Howard vs. Dennis Hallman and Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida were moved to The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights Finale and UFC 107 respectively.

Tom Lawlor was originally scheduled to fight at UFC 106 but he has been moved to UFC Fight Night: Maynard vs. Diaz.

Tito Ortiz was originally scheduled to fight Mark Coleman; however, on October 5, 2009, the fight was cancelled as Coleman was suffering from a knee injury. UFC confirmed that Forrest Griffin would step in to face Ortiz.

Jon Fitch was originally set to fight Ricardo Almeida but Almeida was forced off the card with a knee injury. Fitch has now moved to the UFC 107 card to fight Mike Pierce.

On October 26, UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar pulled out of his fight against Shane Carwin due to an illness that has kept him from training for several weeks. The UFC therefore had the Ortiz v. Griffin fight headline the UFC 106 card.

Dana White confirmed on November 19, that Karo Parisyan had pulled out of his fight against Dustin Hazelett for undisclosed reasons. Hazelett was paid his full purse including show and win. As a result, the fight between Paulo Thiago and Jacob Volkmann was promoted to the main card.

But finally, here we are. Despite going through more changes than possibly any UFC card in history, we finally have what is for all intents and purposes still a very good card for tonight with a more than worthy main event.

There are going to be 2 fights shown for free (and they're commercial free!) on Spike TV at 9 EST/6 PST, and they should be two very entertaining fights.

The fights being shown for free are:

*Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders
*Kendall Grove vs. Jake Rosholt

The main card, which starts at 10 EST and can be seen on pay per view is:

*Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz
*Anthony Johnson vs. Josh Koscheck
*Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah
*Luiz Cane vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
*Paulo Thiago vs. Jacob Volkmann

This card is seriously going to be really good despite the lack of name talent, and I highly implore you to do everything you can to be able to watch it, and join us here tonight for what should be a fun live discussion.

Reactions: gd
I'm definetly gonna try to find this somewhere, to watch the main events at least.

Only stuff I've seen from Thiago is when he fought Jon Fitch after Brock/Mir at 100.

Patton Oswalt's in Volkmann's corner.

Well, that was disappointing. Koshcheck is a prick, but so is Hardy. GSP could beat both of them at once anyway.

Yeah it was. I can't stand Kos and hope if he ever fights GSP again that GSP murders him.

I can't wait for this fight. Go Tito.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back