Ty Burna's All Hip Hop Thread

No love for Reflection Eternal? I'm a big fan of them and I enjoyed their album quite a bit. It wasn't as good as there other stuff, but it was nice to see them back together. Maybe, I'm just a mark for anything Talib. I also felt Midnight Hour was just an obnoxious classic that I really got into.

I think I'll make a similar list, but it will be a little different with what I end up picking. I need to get at that Black Milk album since I enjoyed his last album. No idea why I haven't downloaded it yet.

But for now I'm listening to Slim Thug's new album. I'm sure it won't touch anything he did at least 5 years ago now, but I enjoy his flow. His last album sucked, I'm sure he'll just not try on here again and I'll end up disappointed in the end. I'll give some thoughts on it later, though. Hopefully, it has something I won't mind bumpin'.

Only two cd's are truley even powerful enough to me metioned in the Album of the year talk.

Eminem's Recovery and Kayne's MBDTF

Allow me to Go In depth:

Recovery

1. Cold Wind Blows
This track starts off Mr. Shady's insainty and sets this away from good old relapse. Classic Slim singing to start off sing and beautiful instrumental work and the magic begins. Punchlines are just so damging no rapper cant destroy this man. This track just sends chillis through my back but it was topped by one of my faves.

2.Talking to myself
Guitar riffs then Kobe lays down 1 of the best hooks this year. Eminem is getting some major bars over here I love it this self reazation is amazing. This track helped me because I felt self guidance in this track. I just love it.

3.On fire
Instrumental once again banging its hard for most rappers to find proudercs to make every beat sound amazing but em succeds this i nice track and agains makes sure em dont have any fillers that from point a to point b this ablum is a success

4.Won't Back Down
Pink makes smile eminem makes me love this track beat is sick. Eminem murders every punchline in this story. Jesus coundn't out rap em in this track just killing every rapper in his path. :) Oh and the hook is awesome.

5.W.T.P.
This is my least favorite track because it simply comes at the worst time after the amazing won't back down and before the awe inspiring going thru changes. the tracks funny and still good but no on the level of the others instrumental is still killing.

6.Goin thru Changes
Em is back to beautiful music. Beat superb lyrics outstanding hook/sample reaches thru your brain. This track truley opens into marshall's heart. love it.
And sets up perfectly for the next track which adds to the postive experince of relaspe!

7. Not Afraid
Probly the most heard track off the ablum its Eminem mixed with a colloge dropout kayne. A good mix but My only complaint is that his bars in this are far from his best he saves that for his showdown with the only rapper on the ablum besides him.

8.Seduction
Vintage Eminem just breaking rappers bar by bar. This track is so awesome but I have a feeling that once again he is setting up for the next track . instrumental kills samples kills hook awesome verses are murder. but the next track is the best.

9. No Love ft. Lil Wayne
Track of the year. Duo of the year. How can I put this if you hate wayne your gonna hate him just a lil bit more because this is the best verse anyone has spit since the year 2000. Eminem for the 1st time ever lost to someone else on his own track and of course it would be wayne. After killing weezy in Forever and Balrey edgeing him out on Drop the world or Wayne lays him 2 rest with this song and em knows it thats why he spit the best verse he ever spit. If you doubt then you truely dont understand the meaning of this song.

10. Space Bound
Eminem has went to work to make sure this ablum closes as great as it startes. Space bound is just wanting you to love it! Makes your smile bright up :)

11.Cinderella man
Now Eminem killed every part of this instrumental! Had everyone ya know singing Cinderella Man! Cinderella Man! Now like he said " I be damned if another rapper get in my ass!" Well he truley murders every member of his competion. The samples and beat make me look to Mr.West because of how beautiful this song is.

12. 25 to life
Like I said these ending tracks are all great and 25 to life is no exception. Cant find anything to dislike about this 1.

13. So Bad
Vintage Dr. Dre Production Just made this a amazing track its like eminem's old days! The only track Dre made the beat for but He made this song. Eminems lyrics are awesome as usual but The beat is perfect.!

14. Almoust Famous
I love this track as welll hook/samples/ lyrics all wrappped in one comes out a track as beautul as this. For anyone who dont like this ablum just jam this and your opion will be changed I promise.

15. Love The Way You Lie
Rihanna is lovely on this chours and fits it 100%. And eminem's story telling reminds me of a early slick rick and is contagious. loves it

16. your never over
reminds me that slim shady is a crazy mofo and he cant really sing lol but this track brings this sensation of a ablum to a end just the same way it began by crazyness.

Bonus-UNTITLED
Crazy ass eminem killing more and more all I GOT TO SAY!

Now up till november there was no question in my mind that the ablum was the best and better than any ablum that would follow. Well I was wrong..

1 ablum killed everything about Recovery. 1 rapper is the king of 2010.

and its Kayne.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Let me start off by saying after listening to this ablum I realized all of my above statent is BS. Because this is how a cd should be done. its not just Rap anymore its music the heart of it. Kayne is the voice of our genration while Em and Wayne are the best rappers alive because it a differnece. Even though all of his rhyems are amazingly the best he spits. That is not the main reason this is the best. Nor beats even though all of them are just beautiful. Its because its the 1st ablum in a long time from Track 1 to Track 13 you get the artist point you get are trapped in a story of the twisted thoughts inside kayne's head. Every track you can take a different way than others so n I am not gonna do a track by tack anaylais. Also I am not gonna do it the same I did recovery. That was a rating of each track I know every track is 5-stars and best set of tracks in a cd. So this is a perfect 10 cd.

Vinnie Paz is absolutely phenomenal. I consider this guy one of my favorite rappers now. His solo album is crazy good. He has such a wild flow, like.. he's got so much energy and passion behind him. Check out his solo album: "Season of the Assassin." Kid Cudi is also established himself in my top hip-hop artists, if you can or want to define his stuff as hip-hop. I love his flow, how laid back he is, the cool, chill beats. His creativeness just flows through his work, Always a good thing. Check out his new album if you haven't yet: "Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager" I found my autographed copy of Tech N9ne's "Gates Mixed Plate" and shook my head. I was pretty disappointed with that album. It was great and all, but it could have been better. I dunno. Mediocre to me. His Bad Season mixtape with DJ Whoo Kid was pretty intense though. Check that out if you get a chance. My friend recommended this group.. Atmosphere. "Overcast!" by Atmosphere is the album. Not too shabby. Old school feel to the beats, pretty witty lyricism. Give them a listen too.

Has anyone heard the new track By Jay-Z and Kanye?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdamoWCsnpg&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

I think it's pretty fuckin good. The instumentals are sick! They have a joint album coming up called "Watch The Throne" that's due out this year (which is what this is off of ) . I don't know the exact date, but if this is what is to be expected, I'm looking forward to it.

**EDIT**
here is the link in case it doesn't show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdamoWCsnpg

The rap album of the year IMO is Distant Relatives by Nas and Damian Marley. It's also the best cross genre album of all time IMO. Nas drops classic verses as usual and Damian adds that old school roots reggae flava. If you're a Nas and/or reggae fan, then you should definitely check this out if you haven't already.

I have very a diverse taste in music and it is especially prominent when it comes to Hip Hop. I'm not going to cover new stuff, but I'll be focusing on some stuff I listen to regularly. For one, I don't think people realize how superb Nas really is. The man kills it on the mic, and in my opinion, is a top 3 lyricist of all time. His lyrics have meaning, his beats have flow, but his songs have real soul! You can tell he loves to make music. Another thing about Nas is that his track Still Dreaming with Kanye is very well done. I loved Kanye in his complimentary role in that song. He accents everything that Nas does, well done. Black Republican is another great example of how Nas gets other rappers to accent him. Jay-Z has a small, but meaningful part in that song. Again, I know it's old, but it needed to be said.

Another collaboration to be on the lookout for is some music from John Frusciante and RZA. Yes, you read right, John Frusciante of Red Hot Chili Peppers fame and RZA one of the two masterminds behind Wu-Tang. The stuff is only about a year old, and it's somewhat hard to find, but it has a unique sound. They really change up the boundaries of what can be considered Hip Hop. RZA mostly lays down beats, but he does rap a bit, and coupled with his beats, Frusciante's guitar/electronic stuff, it sounds great. Absolutely raw.

Anybody like the new Dr Dre and Snoop ft Akon song. Songs called Kush, it's supposed to be the single off Dre's new album detox. I really like it i think it has some sick instrumentals, but they could really do without Akon because to me he juust doesn't fit in. What do you guys think of the song?

Anybody like the new Dr Dre and Snoop ft Akon song. Songs called Kush, it's supposed to be the single off Dre's new album detox. I really like it i think it has some sick instrumentals, but they could really do without Akon because to me he juust doesn't fit in. What do you guys think of the song?

I'm not too keen on the song Kush to be honest. It seems like Dre's going for a more radio friendly sound rather than that G Funk style that he's the master of. I just have a major fear that Detox is going to be a big disappointment. It'll probably do well on the charts and have multiple singles, but it's not going to be in the same ballpark as 2001 and The Chronic.

From the sound of it and a couple of interviews I've read, it sounds like Dre is getting surrounded by yes men rather than the OG's he had during The Chronic and 2001. Sam Sneed has broken away from Dre and Aftermath because his input was no longer being taken into consideration. Most importantly however The D.O.C quit working with Dre. As many know, The D.O.C was basically the most essential ghostwriter for numerous artists like Dre and Snoop, but he did a lot more than just ghostwrite for them. He was also critical in the decision making process for 2001 on what tracks would make the album. From the interview I read, D.O.C. is saying Dre's selecting a good portion of tracks that are more in tune with that Dr. Pepper commercial he made then the classic Dre albums. That's disappointing to me, I don't want Dre making music so it'll play in the club. I want that G Funk era to make a triumphant comeback through another Dr. Dre classic.

Speaking of old school, if you have an opportunity check out Celph-Titled and Buckwild's album Nineteen Ninety Now. If you're a fan of the early to mid 90's hip hop, it's a throwback to those golden days. Buckwild took all his beats that he had produced back then and gave it to a young up and comer to use, but Celph-Titled is definitely a cat to be reckoned with on the mic. He's got an appreciation for the classics, and it really shows in his rhymes as well.

I'm not too keen on the song Kush to be honest. It seems like Dre's going for a more radio friendly sound rather than that G Funk style that he's the master of. I just have a major fear that Detox is going to be a big disappointment. It'll probably do well on the charts and have multiple singles, but it's not going to be in the same ballpark as 2001 and The Chronic.

Glad to finally see someone who appreciates true gangsta music. First of all we all know Nate Dogg, Warren G are probably the most well versed in that genre. Bes G Funk song of all time has to go to Warren G ft Nate Dogg- Regulate that to me is classic G Funk. But about the Dre album to be honest, nobody really has the passion anymore that used to be around their more interest in the money they want to make. This sort of music is the way to do it. I totally agree with you about Ballpark and The Chronic being better. Any new upcoming artists that rock the G Funk, i'd be interested to see how it compares to the more classic stuff? Thanks Ty Burna

To this day I have no idea why Nate Dogg didn't handle the hook....
Akon really doesn't fit in with the whole gangsta rap feel that Dr.Dre presents.

Nate Dogg has suffered two strokes and is currently undergoing physical therapy. No one knows for sure if he will be able to continue his singing career.

I must agree with the "Mainstream" notion. I made this post about the song back in mid November, basically saying the same exact thing about Akon + the "Mainstream" sound.

Dr. Dre (feat. Snoop & Akon)

Just finished checking through my daily itunes alerts, and I happened to come across this little marijuana gem.

As far as the lyrics go, it's pretty solid. I mean what what else would you really expect when it comes to a weed song by Dre and Snoop. The beat is pretty nice, nothing that really stood out, but solid production from Dre none the less.

Apparently people are getting there panties in a wod over the fact that this single dropping, everyone and their mothers are now expecting Dre to drop his "Detox" album - I guess Dre wasn't detoxing from drugs.

The overall sound is a bit mainstream for my liking, and for that I partially blame Akon, as I seem to associate his voice with SHIT - probably has something to do with all those T-Pain collaborations. Overall it's not bad, but imo it could be better.

Now for the real reason I decided to stop by Ty's legendary hip-hop thread. I was browsing for new music in the electronic section of the itunes store like I do every Tuesday, when I came across what seemed to be a misplaced CD. After I clicked on it I was immediately transferred to the Hip-Hop section of the itunes store, I proceeded to listen to the samples and was blown away by the familiar electronic beats and the very unfamiliar rap style of a man who goes by the name of Beans.

From a little brief research I was able to conclude Beans has been holding down the underground New York rap scene for many years, and I can't say I'm surprised to hear someone so talented still lingering around Underground scene. As someone once said: Mainstream music finds you, you've gotta search for the underground.

After a brief search of this thread I wasn't able to find anyone who had posted anything about this musician, so hopefully I'm bringing something new to the table for some of you, as it was definitely new to me. Now for a couple of tracks.

First off, we'll go with the first track I heard on Tuesday, the one with the "familiar" electronic beat. The beat was so familiar because it was produced by one of my many favorite electronic artist/producers, the producer, known by his stage name Tobacco and front man of the group Black Moth Super Rainbow has a very unique sound; and combine that with Beans unique rap style, well, you've got yourself one helluva treat.

Beans - Glass Coffins​

Next track I bring to the table is off either his first or second solo album, not quite sure. All I know is I HAD to download more of this dudes work after hearing his most recent release, I'm pretty sure I ended up downloading at least 4 full length albums from him, spanning from the late nighties all the way through now.

Beans - Roar​

The beat is pretty minimal, so you can truly get a grasp for this mans verbal fighting skillz. If I had to compare his style to someone out there I'd have to say Doc Octagon/Kool Keith, only Beans is a little less out there, though his rhymes are just as tight and probably more enjoyable to the average listener.

As always, Enjoy.

It's been a while since I've been in here but I just heard a new group that everyone should check out. Their name is Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All, or just Odd Future for short. They have 11 members ranging from ages 16-23. The flows these guys have are absolutely ridiculous and the beats are great as well. It's more of a darker sound like Esham back in his early days but these guys still are somewhat main stream as they just appeared on the Jimmy Fallon Show. Most people categorize them as horrorcore but the group has dismissed that and there are some differences. Here are some samples of their work.

[YOUTUBE]b98qCmhKy-c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]78_loMbmKJ8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]XlGWRPnp0ok[/YOUTUBE]

Where the hip hop fans at? Anyways, Shady Records is back. With the signings of Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf the roster is stacked. Yesterday a song got released called "2.0 Boys." It was Eminem featuring Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf. All 6 of them absolutely murdered their verses. Go download/listen to the song as soon as possible. Shady Records is once again a force to be reckoned with. Cash Money/Young Money may get the MTV features but when it comes to straight spitting no record label can fuck with Shady.

So this is my first time in the Hip Hop thread suprisingly. I'm a huge fan of Rap and Hip Hop. I'm more of a '90s type of guy. I was chillin, trying to think of something to post here. I started thinking about how influencial Tupac's rapping was in the mid to late '90s and how even more popular he became after his death. Here are some "posthumous" songs from Tupac that aren't the common song when you hear about Tupac. These three are my favorite songs put together or released after Tupac's death...

Ghetto Gospel
By Tupac feat. Elton John

When I heard that they were going to collaborate Elton John with Tupac I fuckin' lost it. In a bad way. But after listening to it, it was actually damn good, more than good. Tupac actually had some credibility as a rapper and hip hop artist. He didn't focus his songs on bitches, hoes and money but he wrote about the pain of having no money, and the harsh reality of the streets of LA. In the song he touches on the topic of religion and his passion for God. This song is so great because it speaks about the thug life, and how there are no winners in the end. Tupac is basically potraying himself as a the ghetto missiah. It's a good song that's produced by Eminem.

They Don't Give a Fuck About Us
By Tupac feat. The Outlawz

I revently downloaded this the other day. And it's been on repeat ever since. From what I can gather out of this song, he's talking about him being a role model to young children. Before he became a role model, no one gave a fuck about him or what he did. But now that he has the spotlight on him shining bright, people give a fuck now about what he's doing behind the curtains.

Runnin' (Dyin' to Live)
By Tupac & The Notorious B.I.G.

The only problem I have with this song is the fact that Tupac would've never collaborated with Biggie during his day and that can also be said for many of his posthmous songs. This song was actually recorded in '94 but never got released because of Tupac's first shooting. The song was originally called Runnin' (from the Police). Biggie's and Tupac's verse here is pretty awsome. But the chorus just doesn't go with what Pac and Biggie are saying. and that holds the song back a bit. Biggie's interview at the end of the song is also a good addition to the song.

Snoop Dogg ft T-Pain- Boom. Check It Out. Seriously why Snoop, you used to be gangsta, you used to be the main player of the rap game and now your collaborating T-Pain again. Sensual Seduction/ Eruption was terrible im sorry for anybody who likes it, but this is just i don't know how to explain it. T-Pain is just bad and really just showcases why i hate him. Snoop there has been a dip in quality in his music which is disappointing as i am huge fan. Nate Dogg heal quick i wanna hear some fresh G-shit.

I don't know if ya'll sleeping on Big Sean but the dudes dope. He just dropped his first single from his debut album Finally Famous: The Album

[YOUTUBE]J40iar5TbzM[/YOUTUBE]

Don't hate on Snoop too much for his new shit. This is probably the best track off his new album. Really good bars by Snoop and Devin the Dude with a great hook by Kobe.

[YOUTUBE]GkmyP8acAcs[/YOUTUBE]

Just a really good Nas x Swizz track in case you havent caught a listen of it. Nas being Nas

[YOUTUBE]4yeb_7zH_CE[/YOUTUBE]

One of the few not too pop new Wiz Khalifa songs.

[YOUTUBE]yEGUl8Nj7I0[/YOUTUBE]

One of the best Lasers tracks by Lupe Fiasco.

[YOUTUBE]71McnVwWPwU[/YOUTUBE]

Earl Sweatshirt he is a 17 yr old rapper. I live in Florida and his stuff is being passed around here. He is from Cali so he must have a following. Here is a sample.
[YOUTUBE]39BwYLiKHDA[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone listen to Aussie Hip Hop?

It's not my first preference, but I've been listening to it a bit lately.
I'd say the best artists are:

*360 (personal fav)
*BLISS N ESO
*PEZ
*HILLTOP HOODS

I thought I'd give you some samples.

Battle: 360 & Justice VS. TheSaurus & Madness.

This is easily the best battle I've ever seen. Coz it's an Aussie team vs an American one, there's a lot of material. I highly recommend you watch all of this.
If not, skip to 7.30 for the best line. One of the yanks had been bagging Justice for looking so young and calling him Benjamin Button.

[YOUTUBE]oHpe1GNw6V8[/YOUTUBE]

360: Just Got Started

This guy has long been one of the best MCs around. He cops a lot of shit for rapping over dubstep or weird beats, but he's pretty good. This is off his forthcoming album Falling And Flying.

[YOUTUBE]vkygFtVuLN0[/YOUTUBE]

Hilltop Hoods: The Nosebleed Section

This is considered a classic in the short history of Aussie rap. These guys are probably the second biggest names, behind Bliss N Eso.
Some nice raps over a good beat, and a real catchy hook as well.

[YOUTUBE]RpIYYm6FyWs[/YOUTUBE]

Bliss N Eso: Addicted

My favourite song off their new album, which was mega-big when it first dropped. These guys have made it pretty big. They even collaborated with Xzibit on this new album!

[YOUTUBE]r9xUofg0B04[/YOUTUBE]

360: In Da Chub

One more from '60. This is a fuckin' funny remix of 50 Cent's In Da Club. Nothing else to say about it, just have a listen!

[YOUTUBE]FZw94QvMZEs&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

There you are guys please have a listen and if you know some other good songs by Aussies, post them in fact;

MODS: CAN I MAKE AN AUSSIE HIP-HOP THREAD IN THE MUSIC SECTION? PM ME:)

Thanks guys.​

ARLO, Aussie Hip Hop is terrible. Just, plain awful. Really.

Does anyone here listen to Childish Gambino? I mean...It's obviously half serious and just a side project while Glover is busy making the best show on television, but it's actually like....decent. Shocking.

ARLO, Aussie Hip Hop is terrible. Just, plain awful. Really.

I agree , a lot of it is.
But if you look long enough there are some gems. I doubt you've listened to any of these gems and I don't really value your opinion on it.

Plus I'm not saying it's the best genre out there. It makes up for about 5% of my Ipod library.

It's been a while since I've listened to anything outside of grime, but when Chamillionaire brought out Major Pain 1.5, I couldn't help but get back into it. For the record, he is my favourite rapper of all time and this is just another gem from him. I downloaded it about a week ago but have only just got around to listening to it, but I'm not disappointed at all. It's such a shame that (as good as it was) so many people only remember him for Ridin' because he's had so many incredible tracks.

[YOUTUBE]0T--A1Rqjt4[/YOUTUBE]

Huge hip-hop fan and thought I'd finally give this place a visit. I'm primarily an old school head despite my age and most of what I listen to comes from the late 80s and most of the 90s. My favorite group is Geto Boys. Does anyone else listen to them? Most definitely the defining gangsta rap group.

[youtube]Tr-nZ2GnOog[/youtube]

I'm a big Geto Boys fan. "Mind Playing Tricks on Me" and "Damn it Fells Good to be a Gangster" are both classics. Plus I'm a big fan of Scarface as a solo artist. "My Block" and "G Code" are tremendous songs from him. Definitely one of the more underrated groups ever and Scarface is one of the more underrated rappers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back