Ty Burna

SavageTaker

Everybody Has A Price!
And anyone else that knows about Hip-Hop/Rap...

I'm sitting here bored and I want to download some music, Rap/Hip-Hop specifically. So what suggestions do you have Ty and everyone else? I'm more interested in the new artists and new stuff since I've read the Hip-Hop thread and know who some of the older artists are.

"California Girls" - Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg

Some BOB would be good as well, I suppose. Can't ever go wrong with Eminem either.

New hip hop eh? Well a new artist that's got an old school sound is Jay Electronica.

Some other ones:

Crooked I
Joell Ortiz
Slaughterhouse
Kutt Calhoun
Awol One
Antipop Consortium
K-OS
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Reflection Eternal
Lupe Fiasco
Kid Cudi
Murs

That should be a decent list to get you going. I put mostly artists (aside from Lupe and Cudi) that aren't exactly mainstream.

Ty, what do you think of Mobb Deep?

Mobb Deep is dope as hell. Prodigy is ridiculous and Havoc is right up there as well. I have no idea why they haven't had the commercial success they rightfully deserve. Definitely two of the top storytellers on the mic.

Mobb Deep is dope as hell. Prodigy is ridiculous and Havoc is right up there as well. I have no idea why they haven't had the commercial success they rightfully deserve. Definitely two of the top storytellers on the mic.

Excellent. I've heard a tiny sample of their stuff, but nothing too in-depth. I'll have to download more from them.

You need Slaughterhouse's last album as well as Royce Da 5'9"s latest album. "Revolutions Per Minute" is a good, recent album that came out by Reflection Eternal so cop that shit as well.

Kid Cudi is the shit. Get the "How to Make it in America" mixtape. Love that shit. Tremendous mix of music on it. B.o.B's album is just laid back, it's a pretty good album. Nice beats, decent lyricism. It's gonna be either hit or miss.

Gravediggaz, Mac Dre, 8 Ball and MJG, UGK, Mystikal, Triple 6 Mafia (their old stuff), Big Pun, Big L, Andre Nickatina, Kingpin Skinny Pimp, Masta Ace, Lord Have Mercy, De La Soul, Kool Keith a.k.a. Dr Octagon, Ultra Magnetic MC's, Sunz Of Man, The Fugees, Das EF-X, Cannibal Ox, Tracy Lee.

What about Wu Massicare that album is banging and you have Wu's three most relevant MC's killing it.

Our Dreams

[youtube]OoqNyFy90M4[/youtube]

Gun showers

[youtube]9mMHxSBZgFw&feature=related[/youtube]

Royce Da 5'9 Street Hop, If there is an album i will forever promote its from this man, a member of slaughterhouse and one of the most underated MC's on the planet, notable tracks on this album are:

Part Of Me

[youtube]uQyIqTYG72c[/youtube]

Shake This

[youtube]YDfQWkl7Lhk[/youtube]

Gun Harmonizing

[youtube]SW7KzZcbEbY[/youtube]

Royce Da 5'9 Street Hop, If there is an album i will forever promote its from this man, a member of slaughterhouse and one of the most underated MC's on the planet, notable tracks on this album are:

You hear the rumors about Royce and the rest of Slaughterhouse maybe signing to Shady Records? The collaborations would be ridiculous. Royce and Em back together along with Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, and Joe Budden? Dirty.

You hear the rumors about Royce and the rest of Slaughterhouse maybe signing to Shady Records? The collaborations would be ridiculous. Royce and Em back together along with Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, and Joe Budden? Dirty.

It's not a remour their signing to shady redcords, aparently the label that Budden signed with Almagram digital attempted to block it because they tried to give koch records (E1) the right to slaughterhouse and even said they where gonna sue Budden.

Aparrently it nearly ruined the deal but they are on course, Almagram really need to check what the hell they are doing before making false claims over Slaughterhouse.

It's not a remour their signing to shady redcords, aparently the label that Budden signed with Almagram digital attempted to block it because they tried to give koch records (E1) the right to slaughterhouse and even said they where gonna sue Budden.

Aparrently it nearly ruined the deal but they are on course, Almagram really need to check what the hell they are doing before making false claims over Slaughterhouse.

It isn't official yet which is why I said rumor. E1 was also making it difficult because Joell Ortiz had his latest album ready to go but wanted to wait until they signed with Shady so he could have a bigger market but he eventually released it on E1. A couple weeks ago Em said in an interview that he was still in the process of trying to sign them and it should be official soon.

It isn't official yet which is why I said rumor. E1 was also making it difficult because Joell Ortiz had his latest album ready to go but wanted to wait until they signed with Shady so he could have a bigger market but he eventually released it on E1. A couple weeks ago Em said in an interview that he was still in the process of trying to sign them and it should be official soon.

It's silly why E1 are getting there panties in a bunch over this, if the group move to a bigger label it means that they get more exposure for there solo projects.

It's not like E1 is as big as the majors, they need the publicity

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back