Ty Burna's All Hip Hop Thread

I'm not a big fan of Rick Ross at all. "Hustlin" is my shit but other then that song and maybe a few others I think he is one of the more overrated guys in the game. Not to mention he is one of the most fake motherfuckers out there. Most of the songs that I enjoy of his are ones that feature other artists and they always spit better then he does on the track.

It doesn't help that 50 absolutely murdered him in the little beef they had. Ross came out with a bunch of weak diss tracks and 50 was basically toying with him. Once 50 put out "Tia Told Me" it was a rap for Ross.

I'm not a big fan of Rick Ross at all. "Hustlin" is my shit but other then that song and maybe a few others I think he is one of the more overrated guys in the game. Not to mention he is one of the most fake motherfuckers out there. Most of the songs that I enjoy of his are ones that feature other artists and they always spit better then he does on the track.

It doesn't help that 50 absolutely murdered him in the little beef they had. Ross came out with a bunch of weak diss tracks and 50 was basically toying with him. Once 50 put out "Tia Told Me" it was a rap for Ross.

Overrated? More like underrated, barley anyone cares or knows about Ross, for being a "mainstream" artist, he isn't that well known. And fake? How do you know? Have you met him? Plus 50's diss tracks are fucking pitiful, he's never made anyone (besides himself) look bad in any song ever made, he just can't do it.

Anyways, here are some songs from Rick Ross' new (awesome) album, Teflon Don.

[YOUTUBE]XfbbbwiuwSI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1RfzIXM7o4M[/YOUTUBE]

Overrated? More like underrated, barley anyone cares or knows about Ross, for being a "mainstream" artist, he isn't that well known.

His videos get played on MTV and BET all the time. Not to mention all of his albums have been at number one on the Billboard top 200 list. He is definitely a well known artist.

And fake? How do you know? Have you met him?

His rap name was taken from a real life drug trafficer that he has absolutely no connection to. He also has based his whole career off of writing shit from the perspective of a drug dealer and the guy is a former correctional officer. It doesn't get much faker then that.

Plus 50's diss tracks are fucking pitiful, he's never made anyone (besides himself) look bad in any song ever made, he just can't do it.

Did you even listen to any of them? Because they were definitely on point. Don't let your hate for 50 get in the way of your judgment. Ross's tracks on the other hand were garbage. Shit, even 50's biggest/longest rival, Game, called into a radio station and said that Ross was getting crushed by 50.
Anyways, here are some songs from Rick Ross' new (awesome) album, Teflon Don.

That first song is OK and the second one is horrendous. How could you possible think that is a good song? Thank god Styles P was on the track to save it from being complete shit. Outside of the hook there is nothing positive from Ross on the song.

His videos get played on MTV and BET all the time. Not to mention all of his albums have been at number one on the Billboard top 200 list. He is definitely a well known artist.

Well known yes, but as far as mainstream rappers, he's near the bottom of the list. Much like, say UGK, they had albums/singles at the top of the chart but weren't as well known as other mainstream guys.

His rap name was taken from a real life drug trafficer that he has absolutely no connection to. He also has based his whole career off of writing shit from the perspective of a drug dealer and the guy is a former correctional officer. It doesn't get much faker then that.

How is that "fake"? He never claims to be anything else, in fact there is a line where he mentions never having to sell drugs, and that he just raps about it, that sounds like a smart buisnessman to me.

Did you even listen to any of them? Because they were definitely on point.

Dude, I used to be 50's biggest fucking fan, I've heard almost all of 50's material.

Don't let your hate for 50 get in the way of your judgment.

It doesn't, if 50 were to come out and make a good song, I'd give him props.

Ross's tracks on the other hand were garbage. Shit, even 50's biggest/longest rival, Game, called into a radio station and said that Ross was getting crushed by 50.

I could give a fuck less what Game thought, Game is almost worse then 50. And I've never heard Ross' diss tracks, but I'd imagine they weren't very good, the whole "feud" they're having seems a bit outlandish, and more of a money making scheme than anything, which in my opinion, is another good buisness scheme by Ross.

That first song is OK and the second one is horrendous. How could you possible think that is a good song? Thank god Styles P was on the track to save it from being complete shit. Outside of the hook there is nothing positive from Ross on the song.

Meh, diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. I like Ross' verse.

Fuck Rick Ross. He's been biting on anything and everything for his rap career. Let's see, like Big Sexy said, he stole his name from the real Ricky Ross, and didn't have the balls to even face the man face to face and talk with him. The stories he tells ain't legit as he's been taking those from the people he spoke to when he was a correctional officer. To top it all off he's stolen beats from Murs for his own music.

As far as how he's rated, he's overrated as fuck. The only song of his I actually enjoyed was Hustling, and that's just because Katt Williams made it hilarious. He's on the same level as Gucci Mane where I can't for the life of me understand how he ever got popular. Regarding his feud with 50, who gives a fuck? Both of them need controversy or free media coverage to garner interest in their albums.

Take it for what you will, but I can't in all honesty support a thief that's stolen an incarcerated man's name to have instant fame, taking real people's stories as his own and taking beats from an independent/underground rapper. Oh and for the record, Murs did get his paper for that whole fiasco as well.

Fuck Rick Ross. He's been biting on anything and everything for his rap career. Let's see, like Big Sexy said, he stole his name from the real Ricky Ross, and didn't have the balls to even face the man face to face and talk with him.

So? Freeway Ricky Ross is fucking crazy, why the fuck would he talk with him?

The stories he tells ain't legit as he's been taking those from the people he spoke to when he was a correctional officer. To top it all off he's stolen beats from Murs for his own music.

Lots of rappers rap about things that didn't happen directley to them, there's no shame in that. Bone Thugz 'N Harmony talk about mass murdering a bunch of people, and torture and shit, do you think they actually do that?

As far as how he's rated, he's overrated as fuck. The only song of his I actually enjoyed was Hustling, and that's just because Katt Williams made it hilarious. He's on the same level as Gucci Mane where I can't for the life of me understand how he ever got popular. Regarding his feud with 50, who gives a fuck? Both of them need controversy or free media coverage to garner interest in their albums.

Like I've said, different strokes for different folks, but I do enjoy some of Rick Ross' stuff.

Take it for what you will, but I can't in all honesty support a thief that's stolen an incarcerated man's name to have instant fame, taking real people's stories as his own and taking beats from an independent/underground rapper. Oh and for the record, Murs did get his paper for that whole fiasco as well.

I really don't care about him taking the name, cause the real Ricky Ross was a piece of shit, but the Murs deal was fucked up, I did lose quite a bit of respect for Ross after that.

like others the only rick ross song i liked was hustlin everything after that was garbage to me. IMO his career is over, he'll never be as popular as he once was, he'll probably fade into irrelevancy, right in the same boat where fat joe is right now. especially after this whole thing with the real rick ross is over. i wont listen to his new album because like i said every song after hustlin sucked

like others the only rick ross song i liked was hustlin everything after that was garbage to me. IMO his career is over, he'll never be as popular as he once was, he'll probably fade into irrelevancy, right in the same boat where fat joe is right now. especially after this whole thing with the real rick ross is over. i wont listen to his new album because like i said every song after hustlin sucked

Well gee, that was insightful. The thing with Freeway Ricky Ross was done long ago, as it should have been. And Rick Ross' career is far from over, he just put out a new album that's selling like hotcakes, he'll be around for a while so get used to hearing his damn voice.

selling like hotcakes? i didnt know selling 10 copies is a lot. no one gives a shit about this guy, he hasnt had a good song since his debut. and when i found out how fake he was/is, it was like why even listen to this clown. i think its best for him to cut his losses and give up. he'll be where fat joe is a year from now.

selling like hotcakes? i didnt know selling 10 copies is a lot. no one gives a shit about this guy, he hasnt had a good song since his debut. and when i found out how fake he was/is, it was like why even listen to this clown. i think its best for him to cut his losses and give up. he'll be where fat joe is a year from now.

You're a tool if you think no one has bought his album.

-- While Rick Ross' album Teflon Don has definitely built up an insane amount of buzz over the past few months, the album was finally released this past Tuesday amidst a couple local festivities to help bring in Ross' fourth major label effort. Even though the music industry in general has seen a steady decline in sales, Rick Ross has consistently been able to at least maintain his performance on the Billboard charts.

Early reports show that Ross will battle it out with Eminem for the top position on the charts. According to sorta accurate sales guesser Hits Daily Double, Teflon Don is expected to sell between 170,000 and 180,000 copies, although we won't know for sure until about this upcoming Wednesday. But it's good to see the Boss win, because he's been going through set-back after set-back lately.

Yes, 10 people indeed. And what's with the Fat Joe reference? Fat Joe is probably sitting somewhere, eating some dank meal, and smoking a blunt. I'd say that's not a bad place to be.

expected sales thats different from actual sales of the album. and the fat joe reference...whats fat joe been up to? has he released any albums? any songs? does anyone care about fat joe anymore? short answer for those questions is: nothing, no, no, and big surprise here: NO. im calling this now thats exactly where officer ricky will be a year from now. he's a joke, no one cares about rick ross, just another one hit wonder, some fake wack rapper. the only tool here is rick ross

he lost a majority of his fans when everyone found out how fake he is, no one really supports this guy at all. and this is the guy who says he's better than biggie, really? i dont see why he has "fans"

and i wouldnt put it past ross that he would have his people buy his albums. lol just something someone as fake as rick ross would do

Lots of rappers rap about things that didn't happen directley to them, there's no shame in that.

There's no shame in having a few lines or a few songs that do that but what Ross has done is completely different. His entire persona from his name to basically all of his song topics to every little detail about himself from a rap perspective, is ripped off from other people. You talk about him being a good businessman but I couldn't give a fuck less about that. I want an artist with talent that doesn't have to rip off other people's lives to become big.

So? Freeway Ricky Ross is fucking crazy, why the fuck would he talk with him?

Freeway Ricky wanted to have a legitimate conversation with fake ass Ross. What's the fucking harm in that?

Lots of rappers rap about things that didn't happen directley to them, there's no shame in that. Bone Thugz 'N Harmony talk about mass murdering a bunch of people, and torture and shit, do you think they actually do that?

First of all it's Bone Thugs-n-Harmony get the name correct if you gonna bring my favorite rap group into the fucking discussion. Second of all, Bone lived the street life and struggled. They lived the thug life and even if they have songs that are war like, it's a metaphor for the fight they had to go through to survive on the streets of Cleveland. Many of their stories are in fact true. Krayzie rapped about making dummy rocks out of soap, bread, and orajel and sold these fake rocks to crackheads to make some quick cash. He's also rapped about how he accidentally shot Wish in the leg with a shotgun one time. They used to play with a Ouija board when they were younger so that's all correct as well. Do you see a pattern here? Their stories are true and if some stories are exorbitant, they stand as metaphors for a more generalized issue. Flesh raps about being in prison for threatening someone with an AK, Bizzy's rapped about giving up all his possessions to go live on the streets as a spiritual journey, Layzie has gone off about struggling in the game to provide for his family. All factual shit.

Let's compare that to fake ass Rick Ross now. Every. Single. Story. by Rick Ross is a complete fabrication. He's never even lived a life that would remotely resemble what he raps about. He never sold drugs, he never shot at a motherfucker. He was a correctional officer. Let me repeat that for you. A fucking correctional officer. Guess what they do? They talk to the people that actually lived that life and the problems they've gone through. Pretty easy to rip off stories when you hear so many of them. So now he goes and creates a false moniker that doesn't represent who he truly is and you wonder why I got an issue with it when I listen to artists who represent who they are and what they truly stand for. He's no better than Lil Wayne popping off about lollipops and living every day like he was in the club. The difference is Ross acts like he's a drug dealer and a mafia boss when in reality, he's nothing but a fraud and a biter. And yes there is shame in acting like someone you ain't. Why do you think Eminem is so huge? Because he raps about his life and what he knows. When you boil down Em's career, his best songs were the personal ones that reflected his true self and his thoughts.

Like I've said, different strokes for different folks, but I do enjoy some of Rick Ross' stuff.

To each his own, I still think he's a shit rapper.

I really don't care about him taking the name, cause the real Ricky Ross was a piece of shit, but the Murs deal was fucked up, I did lose quite a bit of respect for Ross after that.

Let's put it like this, after Freeway Ricky lost everything because of the CIA ordeal, what did he have left? All he had that was his was his name. Now imagine if you will that someone completely took your name and became famous because of it. Wouldn't you get pissed off? I would. This goes back to the whole Ross jacking stories, names, and beats from everyone. It just shows that Ross is incapable of doing anything on his own. He has to rely on others personal pain and issues to make a dollar. Incredibly fucked up in my opinion. He didn't go through the struggle, he didn't do any of the shit he raps about on his records, notta, not a god damn thing. Since you wanted to try and compare Ross's stories to Bone's, at least Bone has lived through a lot of the shit they talk about, and can thus compare the struggle on the streets to warfare. It's not a hard stretch to make the comparison, but because they lived that life, they know all about how it goes and have the right to make such a comparison. Rick Ross can go sit with the Lil Wayne's of the world and live in their fantasy land of clubs, drugs, mafias, and whatever. It's that type of shit that's lowered the power hip hop used to have to make a statement about the world, because no one will take rappers as a political power anymore. Back when we had 2pac and Public Enemy, hip hop had the ability to open people's eyes to the wrongs of the world, to get people to make a political and social stand, now we have nothing but rappers that want to rap about a fantasy life that has devalued what artists such as Pac and Public Enemy worked so hard to do.

Freeway Ricky wanted to have a legitimate conversation with fake ass Ross. What's the fucking harm in that?

Convicts that are known killers/drug dealers aren't the ideal conversation partners.

First of all it's Bone Thugs-n-Harmony get the name correct if you gonna bring my favorite rap group into the fucking discussion.

Dunno where I got the "z" from.

Second of all, Bone lived the street life and struggled. They lived the thug life and even if they have songs that are war like, it's a metaphor for the fight they had to go through to survive on the streets of Cleveland

I'm not talking about those songs, I'm talking about the songs where they rap about mass murder, and torture, and other gruesome things.

Many of their stories are in fact true.

Yes I know.

Let's compare that to fake ass Rick Ross now. Every. Single. Story. by Rick Ross is a complete fabrication.

Once again, so? I understand you don't like him, but he has admitted that these storys aren't real. Like I said, in a song he even says that he never had to sell drugs, he just had to rap about it.

He's never even lived a life that would remotely resemble what he raps about. He never sold drugs, he never shot at a motherfucker. He was a correctional officer.

He did grow up in Miami, so I'm guessing things weren't all peachy keen when he was growing up. And correctionaly officers are pretty damn tough themselves you know. They have to deal with crazy fuckers, and get shit thrown at them, that's tough shit dude.

Let me repeat that for you. A fucking correctional officer. Guess what they do? They talk to the people that actually lived that life and the problems they've gone through.

And deal with those crazy sumbitches when they act up.

Pretty easy to rip off stories when you hear so many of them.

Very true, he's lucky to have been in a spot where he could hear so many crazy stories, and incorporate them into his songs.

And yes there is shame in acting like someone you ain't.

So wrestlers who stay in kayfabe outside of wrestling are wrong for doing so? Rick Ross is playing a part if you will, he's played it well, he made a shit ton of money, and now his fat ass can sit back and enjoy things as a millionare. You're telling me you wouldn't do that if you could?

Let's put it like this, after Freeway Ricky lost everything because of the CIA ordeal

Well, he was selling cocaine, and he had murdered people, so I mean he was basically asking for it.

Back when we had 2pac and Public Enemy, hip hop had the ability to open people's eyes to the wrongs of the world, to get people to make a political and social stand, now we have nothing but rappers that want to rap about a fantasy life that has devalued what artists such as Pac and Public Enemy worked so hard to do

And the rap game was much better back then, but now it's different. People realise they can make money off of rapping about stuff other people have done, and as long as I enjoy their rapping, I'm cool with it.

It's time to highlight a duo who doesn't get nearly enough recognition in the rap game, 8 Ball and MJG.

Their first album came out in 1993, titled Comin Out Hard and it indeed lived up to the title, even with only 9 tracks (one of them being an intro) the CD is a timeless classic, without a bad track on it. Here are a few songs:

[YOUTUBE]LVH9um7lXhc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ywC9JrELSGQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

And my personal favorite off the album....

[YOUTUBE]qMjMwp50UIc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The next two albums established them as two of the finest rappers the south has to offer, in 1994 they released On The Outside Looking In and soon followed with On Top Of The World in '95. And for those who care, here's a quick look at a few tracks off those CD's.

[YOUTUBE]B2nqjZCrPlg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]lAg27MaB6HY[/YOUTUBE]

As you can very well see, these guys certainly represent Memphis in the way they rhyme and the samples they use (which are funk/blues heavy). They released No More Glory in 1997, before 8 Ball took a brief hiatus from the group to release a solo album. Upon his return they released two albums in a span of two years In Our Lifetime Vol. 1, and Space 4 Eva.

After that, they signed with Bad Boy records. I was expecting a full sellout from one of my favorite duo's but I was pleasently suprised to find that the new album Living Legends was sick as ever, they released one more album on Bad Boy, titled Ridin High which was also very well done. In June '08 they signed with T.I's label Grand Hustle, and have an album slated to come out this year.

I love how you change the subject after Ty and Big Sexy fucking own you. :lmao: Yeah, I didn't know all that shit about Rick Ross until I read this thread. Like I said, dude hasn't been on my radar til' this album. The beats are sweet, but i'm kinda like EH if they're stolen beats.. anywho.

I found this song, dude.. um. J.Cole? "Who Dat" It's pretty cool. I like it. His flow is tight. I like the beat, it's pretty catchy. The lyrics, some of em are those "OHHH SHIT" type ones. Pretty good up-and-comer i'd say?

[youtube]APugL95lG_I[/youtube]

I love how you change the subject after Ty and Big Sexy fucking own you. :lmao:

I've been planning to do the 8 Ball and MJG thing for ages, and how did they own me? By giving me their opinions on Rick Ross, yea I sure got owned...

Yeah, I didn't know all that shit about Rick Ross until I read this thread. Like I said, dude hasn't been on my radar til' this album. The beats are sweet, but i'm kinda like EH if they're stolen beats.. anywho.

It's not like every fucking beat he's used is stolen.

I found this song, dude.. um. J.Cole? "Who Dat" It's pretty cool. I like it. His flow is tight. I like the beat, it's pretty catchy. The lyrics, some of em are those "OHHH SHIT" type ones. Pretty good up-and-comer i'd say?

I didn't really like it at all, but some of J. Cole is decent.

It’s been a minute since I’ve last typed about the state of Hip-Hop, in the state it’s in. And I came to a conclusion...HIP-HOP IS NOT DEAD!!!!!! If anything, Hip-Hop is lost in the mix. Why? Because the corparations in the music industry have a big say on what go’s where, and what kind of music to put out there.

I remember back when I was coming of age in the ninty-eightys. When I was introduced to Hip-Hop with such M.C.’s as "Run-Dmc", "LL cool J", and "Krs-One". Man have the times changed. I beleive like most people beleive, that Hip-Hop needs to go in a foward direction. But in the last four years, in what direction??? From what I’ve been see’in and hearing on things such as the radio & TV. Hip-Hop has gone to the kids.

It might be just me and the fact that I’m getting older in my age. But in this year alone. I’ve seen act’s like "Hurricane Chris", "The Shop Boyz", and recently "Soulja Boy" take over the Hip-Hop scene at a young age. I am not trying to hate on anybody here. It’s just the music they all put out all sounds the same to me. It’s good that these cat’s are staying out these streets and out of trouble where danger awaits them. But what happen to the days of hardcore conscience music such as "Public Enemy", "Ice Cube", and "2 Pac" (Rest in peace).

Like I said a million times up on here. It’s time for leadership. It’s time for a revolution. We need to bring all that back to now, when we need it the most in this post 9/11 world. Just think about it.

Savion83 said:
It’s been a minute since I’ve last typed about the state of Hip-Hop, in the state it’s in. And I came to a conclusion...HIP-HOP IS NOT DEAD!!!!!! If anything, Hip-Hop is lost in the mix. Why? Because the corparations in the music industry have a big say on what go’s where, and what kind of music to put out there.

Nooooooooo shit. Check the All Hip Hop Thread in the stickied area. I discussed this over a year ago. But to respond, it's the record companies that are looking for the next club or radio friendly hit. So they look for artists that will fit that mold and make these cotton candy club hits rather than looking for true innovative artists.
I remember back when I was coming of age in the ninty-eightys. When I was introduced to Hip-Hop with such M.C.’s as "Run-Dmc", "LL cool J", and "Krs-One". Man have the times changed. I beleive like most people beleive, that Hip-Hop needs to go in a foward direction. But in the last four years, in what direction??? From what I’ve been see’in and hearing on things such as the radio & TV. Hip-Hop has gone to the kids.

Mainstream hip hop has gone pop. It's been that way for a number of years now. It ain't gonna change so there's no use in screaming at the top of our lungs over that fact. Look at the big hits this year. Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg. Eminem and Pink. Justin Bieber and Ludacris. Hell Dre is going to work with Bieber now. I don't blame em, they're riding what's popular to make some cash. It's the ebb and flow of the hustle. I don't listen to mainstream hip hop for the most part anymore because of that. Hip Hop ain't dead, it just went underground where there's a thriving scene in that regard.

It might be just me and the fact that I’m getting older in my age. But in this year alone. I’ve seen act’s like "Hurricane Chris", "The Shop Boyz", and recently "Soulja Boy" take over the Hip-Hop scene at a young age. I am not trying to hate on anybody here. It’s just the music they all put out all sounds the same to me. It’s good that these cat’s are staying out these streets and out of trouble where danger awaits them. But what happen to the days of hardcore conscience music such as "Public Enemy", "Ice Cube", and "2 Pac" (Rest in peace).

It's easy, they got the fair weather hip hop fans (IE think suburban kids, teenage girls, etc) to get into it with catchy choruses with little to no substance lyrically. Throw a hot beat and repeating chorus and it doesn't matter who the artist is, it'll sell today. Hardcore conscience rap like I said just went underground, the artists are still there, new ones you have to search for while the legends are still putting material out, just not on such a mainstream circuit.

Like I said a million times up on here. It’s time for leadership. It’s time for a revolution. We need to bring all that back to now, when we need it the most in this post 9/11 world. Just think about it.

Eh I don't recall you ever posting about hip hop on here before man, sorry to tell you that homie. I have no idea what 9/11 has to do with hip hop, in fact it has nothing to do with it. Political rap has died down as far as mainstream appeal because of the new artists that have killed the credibility of such political movements hip hop once ushered in. No one will take hip hop seriously anymore because it's become a fantasy land where artists rap about things no normal person can achieve or honestly give a fuck about.

My advice: Stick to the underground scene, you'll find artists you like there.

Got my Autographed Tech CD in the mail today. Gates Mixed Plate. It's pretty cool so far. Seems to be focusing on the guests more then Tech, I guess it makes sense seeing as how it's a Collabo CD. I'm a few tracks in, and it's decent. Not amazing.. hopefully it gets better.

[YOUTUBE]cZeLzq3f9Y8[/YOUTUBE]

I know perfectly well the majority of this forum probably understands zero German. I don't even understand the majority of what is being sung in this track. But it has a pretty decent beat, and I've always had a liking to Sido no matter what.

So I thought I'd share it with you guys.

[YOUTUBE]MyHAMm8646E[/YOUTUBE]

Another great song as well. By far my favorite Sido track. I believe I told you to look this one up a while ago Ty, but why not share with the others?

I visit this website every once in a while to get a run down of the 100 best rap songs of the month. I know that's a lot of songs and what not but that site introduced me to Crooked I as a solo artist and this dude Shane Eli. I know he doesn't have the look of the typical rapper but I think he can go pretty hard. Here's some of his shit.

You might not even call this rap but i think he has a good flow, some decent lyrics and it seems like a change of pace. I like him. I hope y'all do too.

I will say this, I do like the song called Super High by Rick Ross. But that's because it has my boy Wiz in it. And we all know Wiz is gonna be big time. Firstly, because he represents the Burgh and secondly he went to a PPS :). And Jeezy, I don't know, I'm a fan. Don't know why but I am.

Now getting onto my favorite rappers.

1. Eminem. I'm a huge fan, I have a shit load of his underground shit and most of his CD's are a success. He raps about life, which is something the normal person can relate to. He's made some of the best rap songs ever and he still continues to produce good songs at his age.
2. Notorious B.I.G. I don't know why, but I always favored him over Tupac. I think Biggie was the better lyricist.

That's all I got i'll continue it later.

Currently listening to Bushido - Reich Mir Nicht Deine Hand (Don't give me your hand). Pretty good song, got the lyrics translated so I knew what it was about, I had an idea from the start however I wasn't completely sure.

So basically it's pretty much about his father. We all know of those kind of lyrics from Eminem most noticeably. He has produced quite a handful of those songs.

So basically. I was wondering what you opinions you guys have on personal lyrics about family and past experiences that are either hatred filled or something somewhat saddening? Primarily about such lyrics in rap songs this is by the way, considering this is the rap thread.

An album I reccomend for all to listen is one that is currently being un promoted by its parent company.

This album comes from a man who has been single handedly holding together the legacy of a great hip hop band, he is one half of outcast none other than big boy and the album im talking about is sir lucious left foot.

[youtube]rWsvkW6rKkQ[/youtube]

[youtube]7fp73J6VjII&feature=channel[/youtube]

Damn great album with some impressive tracks from the likes of scott stortch i recommend anyone here check it out, the album is critically acclaimed and on par with anything in the billboard top 100, damn shame its not being promoted properly.

I'm seconding the promotion of Big Boi's album. I did a review on it in the appropriate thread. It's off the chain man. The production, beats, flow, everything on it is top notch. Everyone knows Big Boi is no slouch on the mic, he kicks ass in this song. A must listen. I'm gonna add one of my favorite songs from the album. The beat, just wow.

[youtube]liYURxbFovo[/youtube]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back